Author Topic: Pre-Match Thread - Liverpool V Crystal Palace, Sunday 23 April, 16.30  (Read 38386 times)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Re: Pre-Match Thread - Liverpool V Crystal Palace, Sunday 23 April, 16.30
« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2017, 02:25:09 pm »
5-0 to the reds.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2017, 02:38:41 pm »
Heading over for this one, think I have seats in the main stand u9, where do most of the rawk lads drink at before games? i usually end up hanging about the albert or the park bar.
YNWA

Offline Bendomac

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2017, 03:34:42 pm »
Scott Dann being out is massive in this game, its basically confirmed so its not going to be one of those where he starts and still gets MOTM (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39490754). Liverpool lad and always has a worldie against us he will not be missed.

Then when you add Sakho to that we have a real chance to get at them...

2-0 the reds. I dont think it will be easy one.
Late goal, and a 2nd late one on the counter.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2017, 04:34:58 pm »
Dann had been mopping up most of the attacks when Pardew was in charge and was one of the few who was performing.

I just can't see them having Zaha or Townsend running at us when the heart of the defence has gone. It'll be alehouse on the break where possible to Benteke, Zaha and Townsend at best which isn't what the latter 2 need in terms of service.

Think we'll see stats with possession near 80% for this game but I just can't see Palace coping with constant waves of attack. It's not being complacent but a fact of how the teams will set up.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2017, 04:58:57 pm »
we owe these fuckers one after the last couple of visits to Anfield...

Can't take these lightly. Luckily we are in good form too so should have a bit of confidence about us

would love us to bury them because we haven't done that to a team in a while but any sort of win i'll be happy with

2-0
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Marty McFly

• He is not a number, he's a free man now
  • Legacy Fan
  • Has been busy in parallel dimensions and shit.
« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2017, 01:08:27 am »
Enjoyed the OP thanks for that.

Think we'll bang in a few goals here. Defence is looking tighter although as many have said wouldn't be surprised surprised if Benteke was on the scoresheet.

Loving the form of Migs, the defensive pair, Wijnaldum, Can and all 3 Brazilians right now. May even see Lallana on the bench if we're lucky, as would be good to have a few more options.

Gonna go for 3-1 or 4-1 to us. And hopefully with that one foot in Champs League.

Come on Redmen! Please just win.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2017, 01:29:12 am »
Man City play Arsenal in the FA cup this weekend, so beating Palace would put us 5 points ahead (with 2 games more played)..... and City would then need to beat United on Thursday and Middlesbrough (away) on Sunday to keep the pace, though we could again go ahead of them again immediately the day after against Watford.

Similarly, United have Burnley (away) this weekend - just before we play Palace, and beating Palace would ramp up the pressure on them as well for the game against City and next weekend's game against Swansea.

Basically just have to keep winning to stay ahead while everybody else is under pressure playing catch-up. Simple.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2017, 01:30:30 am »
Any win would do lads, any win, any way.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2017, 11:18:22 am »
Matip and Lucas have both picked up knocks this week and missed training.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2017, 11:18:44 am »
Matip and Lucas have both picked up knocks this week and missed training.

Nooooooo
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2017, 11:19:26 am »
Klopp: "Not 100% that Matip/Lucas/Klavan will be out but they are not training in this moment."

;D Getting ridiculous this, we seem to get the most injuries, "knocks" and "viruses" going!!

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2017, 11:20:07 am »
Klopp: "Not 100% that Matip/Lucas/Klavan will be out but they are not training in this moment."

;D Getting ridiculous this, we seem to get the most injuries, "knocks" and "viruses" going!!

Yep looking like a great idea to let sakho go now with 1 fit CB  :wanker

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2017, 11:20:34 am »
Can at CB? :P
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2017, 11:20:42 am »

In that case we'll have Lovren & Gomez against Benteke... should be interesting  ;D

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2017, 11:21:50 am »
It's not 100% certain that they're out plus they're missing Sakho and Dann.

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2017, 11:22:42 am »
Matip is turning out to be as injury prone as Sturridge which isn't good when you need to build a reliable CB pairing...I can't understand how we seem to pick up so many "knocks" in training.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2017, 11:24:44 am »
The reason why we pick up so many niggles and knocks might be something to do with the fact Klopp has them playing training matches with the same intensity as a premier league game.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2017, 11:26:09 am »
The reason why we pick up so many niggles and knocks might be something to do with the fact Klopp has them playing training matches with the same intensity as a premier league game.
Could you elaborate on this a bit please? :)

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2017, 11:26:54 am »
I'm sorry but that's fucking mental, how can you lose 3 centre backs in training?
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2017, 11:28:48 am »

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2017, 11:29:30 am »
Yep looking like a great idea to let sakho go now with 1 fit CB  :wanker

Can we stop with this Sakho stuff now? Everyone should know by now Mama wasn't let go for footballing reasons. He took the piss one too many times for Klopps liking. He couldn't keep letting him getting away with it.

If it is anyone's fault Sakho isn't with us anymore, it's his fault, not Klopp or the clubs.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2017, 11:30:49 am »
Matip seems to pick up a knock after every session....was he as injury prone in Germany?
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2017, 11:31:22 am »
Sturridge to be makeshift centre half it is then. Go on Klopp!

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2017, 11:31:53 am »
Could you elaborate on this a bit please? :)

I read interviews where the players have said the training matches are played with the same intensity as premier league games. Is that enough elaboration for you mate?

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2017, 11:32:32 am »
Matip seems to pick up a knock after every session....was he as injury prone in Germany?

No idea mate.

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2017, 11:33:01 am »

Can we stop with this Sakho stuff now? Everyone should know by now Mama wasn't let go for footballing reasons. He took the piss one too many times for Klopps liking. He couldn't keep letting him getting away with it.

If it is anyone's fault Sakho isn't with us anymore, it's his fault, not Klopp or the clubs.

if Mane took the piss would Klopp let him go ? bad decision whatever way you look at it.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #106 on: April 20, 2017, 11:33:02 am »
Always seems to be the same ones picking up injuries.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2017, 11:35:04 am »

Doesn't seem to have been. Greater pace / intensity of the league getting to him.... or just a run of bad luck?

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2017, 11:36:25 am »
if Mane took the piss would Klopp let him go ? bad decision whatever way you look at it.

Yes, I think he would. You can't have players breaking rules and doing what they want. It would completely undermine your position as manager. You have to let them know who is boss. Players would be taking the piss all the time if you let them get away with it. Its Sakho's fault he isn't here anymore. Not Klopps or the clubs. He only has himself to blame.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2017, 11:38:12 am »
Well hopefully in the next two days they will be ok. This is beyond a joke now

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2017, 11:46:21 am »
I read interviews where the players have said the training matches are played with the same intensity as premier league games. Is that enough elaboration for you mate?
Thanks. Do you happen to remember the source? Sounds interesting  :)

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #111 on: April 20, 2017, 11:47:46 am »
That's why Klopp tries to build a team based on the collective rather than on individuals... so that the club isn't over-reliant on any one player (see Arsenal for example of that)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: April 20, 2017, 11:51:29 am »
Its quite ridiculous. If all 3 are out, who plays where? Gomez comes in maybe against Benteke which is an issue but then who would play in midfield in place of Lucas?

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2017, 11:52:58 am »
it's his fault, not Klopp or the clubs.
In your opinion - in mine it's poor management, look at what Conte did with Costa and that's exactly what should have happened to Sakho - bomb him out with the reserves, teach him a lesson and then integrate him back into the team. Don't loan your best defender out and then don't get cover in January - that's a lack of foresight.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: April 20, 2017, 12:02:10 pm »
In your opinion - in mine it's poor management, look at what Conte did with Costa and that's exactly what should have happened to Sakho - bomb him out with the reserves, teach him a lesson and then integrate him back into the team. Don't loan your best defender out and then don't get cover in January - that's a lack of foresight.

Unless you are privy to what actually went on between Klopp and Sakho I don't know how you can't say that. How do you know Klopp didn't give Sakho chance, after chance, after chance. Till it got to a point where Klopp felt he had no other choice but to send him out on loan? Is he really supposed to just let him get away with stuff?

Oh and that's a lack of foresight is it? He should have known we'd have so many CB's injured at this point of the season should he?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 12:07:17 pm by Lycan »

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: April 20, 2017, 12:04:13 pm »
So lucas, klavan and Matip might be out..

Gomez alongside dejan then?

Offline Weytske

• Anny Roader
  • Peerless
« Reply #116 on: April 20, 2017, 12:05:26 pm »
Isn't that what happened? Sakho had to train with the U23 but just didn't learn his lesson...

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2017, 12:08:23 pm »
So lucas, klavan and Matip might be out..

Gomez alongside dejan then?

Bad news that. Gomez will find it tough going with Benteke and co against them. Allardyce will no doubt ask them to play on Gomez if true.

If Lucas is out, who covers him in midfield? It will surely be another move around with maybe Milner in there or Coutinho moving back?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #118 on: April 20, 2017, 12:08:33 pm »
Re Sakho it's all academic he's not here and he had injury problems as well.

How much does a good, and more importantly, robust centre back cost because that should be the first item on the shopping list.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2017, 12:11:18 pm »
Bad news that. Gomez will find it tough going with Benteke and co against them. Allardyce will no doubt ask them to play on Gomez if true.

If Lucas is out, who covers him in midfield? It will surely be another move around with maybe Milner in there or Coutinho moving back?

We really will be getting the most of this small squad of ours in the coming weeks it seems. And if we do manage to finish in the top four we'll have done extremely well.