Author Topic: Star Wars: Battlefront II  (Read 18583 times)

Offline Malcolm Night

• Anny Roader
Star Wars: Battlefront II
« on: March 29, 2017, 11:41:14 pm »
Being officially revealed on April 15th

Really looking forward to this, the last one was a bit of a let down; stunning graphics but felt incomplete with a lack of progression, limited hero and villain pool and of course EA were up to their same old tricks of forcing you to pay extra for DLC just to get the full game. Hopefully this time it'll be closer related to the original battlefront II which was one of my favourite ever games.

Edit: Here's the full length trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kae-JjbLsgA
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 05:17:19 pm by Malcolm Night »

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Star Wars Battlefront II
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 07:33:17 pm »
Being revealed on April 15th - http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/star-wars-battlefront-ii-celebration

Really looking forward to this, the last one was a bit of a let down - stunning graphics but felt incomplete and EA were up to their same old tricks of forcing you to pay extra for DLC just to get the full game. Hopefully this time it'll be closer related to the original battlefront II which was one of my favourite ever games, with EA making it again though I'm not so sure.  :wave

They'll fleece you for every penny as the £140ish I've spent on BF1 and BF4 show.

Can't complain though, pretty much all I play.

.... I may have an addiction  ::)

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 06:12:34 pm »
Trailer has leaked. Includes Yoda, Darth Maul, Rey, Kylo etc. Really enjoyed the last one and excited for this now

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 10:30:33 pm »
Trailer has leaked. Includes Yoda, Darth Maul, Rey, Kylo etc. Really enjoyed the last one and excited for this now

I've just spent 15 minutes masturbating to it.  It looks great.
Believe.

XBL:  Steevvvoo

PSN:  Steevvvoo

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 06:57:07 pm »
Due to be unveiled in just over 30mins. Not sure if we'll learn anything more than what's already leaked.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 07:59:19 pm »
The story looks incredible.  This has tentatively shot to #2 in my "must buy" list this year.
Believe.

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2017, 09:53:23 pm »
looks great
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 08:51:52 pm »
Now being showcased at E3......
Believe.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2017, 09:01:30 pm »
I really, really like the look of this
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2017, 09:05:34 pm »
I really, really like the look of this

Looks great.  The fact there's a campaign, and it's cannon, has me incredibly excited.  I put thousands of hours into the original games and whilst I bought and enjoyed the reboot, it lacked a lot.  This though, looks like a true successor.
Believe.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2017, 09:21:22 pm »
Free DLC! Hated the pickups of the first game so delighted they've gone

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2017, 09:23:12 pm »
Free DLC! Hated the pickups of the first game so delighted they've gone

Didn't catch that bit, how do you become heroes now then?

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2017, 09:41:29 pm »
Didn't catch that bit, how do you become heroes now then?
get points for kills, contributing to team goals that you can spend to unlock them in game.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2017, 09:57:58 pm »
get points for kills, contributing to team goals that you can spend to unlock them in game.

Ah I like that. So you actually have to play well to use them.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2017, 10:03:16 pm »
Ah I like that. So you actually have to play well to use them.
basically yeah. Still hope they limit the number in each class so you can only have a limited number of snipers etc. Hated some open maps when everyone has one, ruins the gun fights

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2017, 10:13:33 pm »
basically yeah. Still hope they limit the number in each class so you can only have a limited number of snipers etc. Hated some open maps when everyone has one, ruins the gun fights

We'll have to get a big group playing on PS when it comes out.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2017, 06:46:52 pm »
So the DLC is free but the game now has microtransactions to skip unlocking everything. Just knew theyd have purchasing in there somewhere :D

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2017, 06:48:10 pm »
So the DLC is free but the game now has microtransactions to skip unlocking everything. Just knew theyd have purchasing in there somewhere :D

EA try and do some good, then walk past a mirror and realise who the fuck they are.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #18 on: October 4, 2017, 07:27:12 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNGWh_-R1VE
Here's a trailer from earlier in the week.

Anyone else had a go of the beta today? A lot of the weapons feel like peashooters.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: October 7, 2017, 08:07:45 pm »
Had a go on it today, I think it’s decent. Quite enjoying the space battle it’s good fun!

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: October 7, 2017, 08:26:55 pm »
Meh not feeling it.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #21 on: October 7, 2017, 09:10:55 pm »
Gave it a go earlier couldnt get into it at all.

Bored after a few goes.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Malcolm Night

• Anny Roader
« Reply #22 on: October 8, 2017, 02:52:59 am »
Haven't particularly enjoyed the beta so far, not even been able to play as any of the heroes or villains yet because of how hard it is to get 5000 credits. Wish we could play the heroes vs villains mode in the beta, that's the only mode I really care about. Haven't tried space battles yet, might give it a go before the beta ends.

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #23 on: October 8, 2017, 09:21:00 am »
I liked the beta. I normally hate online shooters though so maybe that’s why

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2017, 10:36:18 pm »
If i buy the most loot crates then i'll be better than everyone
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2017, 07:02:09 am »
If i buy the most loot crates then i'll be better than everyone

I know, they can all fuck off with their microtransactions. Might sound dramatic but if this continues I’m done with online gaming. Think that’s why BF1 is so good because the crates are essentially just skins for weapons, with the occasional squad boost.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2017, 06:54:46 pm »
Think that’s why BF1 is so good because the crates are essentially just skins for weapons, with the occasional squad boost.

They do squeeze about 80 quid out of you to begin with though.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2017, 03:58:36 pm »
i had Battlefront 2 pre-ordered to get early into the beta, the game is good but the loot crate system is beyond greddy

the entire progression of your character is 100% based on the randomness of loot crates

i cancelled the pre-order, they'll not get a penny out of me

is it so hard to just let people earn things via playing the damn game or being good at it
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2017, 10:45:00 am »
i had Battlefront 2 pre-ordered to get early into the beta, the game is good but the loot crate system is beyond greddy

the entire progression of your character is 100% based on the randomness of loot crates

i cancelled the pre-order, they'll not get a penny out of me

is it so hard to just let people earn things via playing the damn game or being good at it

This is really concerning me now - basically people who plough loads of money will progress quicker? The casual gamer will penalised more.
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2017, 10:57:41 am »
that's the beauty of it, just because you plough a load of money into it doesn't even guarantee that you'll get good stuff, since pretty much everything is locked behind loot crates it's all random

of course the more loot crates you buy the better your chances and the more scrap you will accumulate to upgrade cards

they've come out since and said the best stuff will be earnable via in game achievements but frankly i don't believe a word of it, the game is designed around loot crates
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2017, 05:38:22 pm »
that's the beauty of it, just because you plough a load of money into it doesn't even guarantee that you'll get good stuff, since pretty much everything is locked behind loot crates it's all random

of course the more loot crates you buy the better your chances and the more scrap you will accumulate to upgrade cards

they've come out since and said the best stuff will be earnable via in game achievements but frankly i don't believe a word of it, the game is designed around loot crates

Yup.  Nice little combination there of pay to win and pseudo-gambling.  EA really are a bunch of utter fuckholes.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2017, 10:51:37 pm »
hopefully that petition to parliament will get them to take action on it, it needs to be banned or they need to make any game with purchasable loot crates R rated
STFU and agree with me.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2017, 10:27:26 am »
hopefully that petition to parliament will get them to take action on it, it needs to be banned or they need to make any game with purchasable loot crates R rated

I've seen this a lot and would like to know why people feel this way?

It's not gambling because you can't lose. You get what you pay for i.e. a crate with 4 items in it. It also usually gives you a breakdown of what you are going to receive i.e. one rare item and so on

I'm not a massive fan of anything pay to win but to call for it to be R rated or 18+ is just silly in my opinion. What happens with FIFA? Does that become R rated as well? Overwatch? COS:GO?

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2017, 10:57:07 am »

It's not gambling because you can't lose. You get what you pay for i.e. a crate with 4 items in it. It also usually gives you a breakdown of what you are going to receive i.e. one rare item and so on

I'm not a massive fan of anything pay to win but to call for it to be R rated or 18+ is just silly in my opinion. What happens with FIFA? Does that become R rated as well? Overwatch? COS:GO?

Dr Mark Griffiths, Professor of behavioural addiction at Nottingham Trent University: ""Loot box systems are gambling in my view."

I don't want to derail the thread completely, but claiming that loot boxes are not gambling because you can't flat-out lose is overly simplistic.  There's far more to it than that and many factors to consider.  Here's the full article that the quote came from:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-11-are-loot-boxes-gambling

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2017, 11:21:47 am »
I guess by definition this could be classed as gambling. However, the outcome is predetermined in that you are guaranteed to get something from the loot boxes, so from that point of view I question the comparison. This can be highly addictive to some people though and it’s wrong to exploit those people in an environment they should be safe in (playing video games which cost ~£40), not as if it’s a F2P game. FIFA and that Ultimate Team shite is the reason this exists today, fucking morons spunking hundreds trying to buy Ronaldo its pathetic.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2017, 11:38:10 am »
I wanted to like it but found the gameplay pretty boring to be honest, it's just a really cut down Battlefield game with 3rd person camera bullshit thrown in.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2017, 09:49:38 pm »

Sure, Technically it's not gambling, you pay for something and you get something, there's no risk of getting nothing.

However, it is addictive to people and as such should be regulated like pretty much all addictive things are.

Alcohol
Drugs, legal and illegal
Gambling

All are addictive and all are regulated.

There's pretty much no regulations with loot crates, for example look at those two shitehawks youtube streamers who were involved in the CSGO  gambling sites. nothing done to them at all because there's no legislation to cover it.

They need to get rules created and make companies abide by them.
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2017, 10:12:12 pm »
Yup.  Nice little combination there of pay to win and pseudo-gambling.  EA really are a bunch of utter fuckholes.
They are. But they aren't wholly responsible for it, nor are they the only ones doing it.

Incredibly, you'll find a hell of a lot of people actually participating and defending this bollocks, but that's gamers for you these days.

And it is gambling. It might not fit the criteria of traditional gambling i.e, betting your entire life savings in one pop with a high risk of losing it all and losing your house type gambling, but it's still a form of it, in that the item you want (and there will always be that one item) is locked behind a paywall system that is not guaranteed to pay you off, if at all. There always that chance you'll end up with a lucrative item. It's got the addictive qualities of gambling in the same way those attractions you get in arcades do whenever you pump money into them in the hope you'll get that cuddly toy you see behind the glass winking at you, or those ones that have all the coins teetering over the edge that just looks like it would require a small nudge from another coin to push the rest over. It's the same shit. It's the carrot on a stick routine. Keep trying, and you might, just might, finally get what you're after.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 10:24:02 pm by Macphisto80 »

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2017, 11:16:54 am »
They are. But they aren't wholly responsible for it, nor are they the only ones doing it.

Incredibly, you'll find a hell of a lot of people actually participating and defending this bollocks, but that's gamers for you these days.

And it is gambling. It might not fit the criteria of traditional gambling i.e, betting your entire life savings in one pop with a high risk of losing it all and losing your house type gambling, but it's still a form of it, in that the item you want (and there will always be that one item) is locked behind a paywall system that is not guaranteed to pay you off, if at all. There always that chance you'll end up with a lucrative item. It's got the addictive qualities of gambling in the same way those attractions you get in arcades do whenever you pump money into them in the hope you'll get that cuddly toy you see behind the glass winking at you, or those ones that have all the coins teetering over the edge that just looks like it would require a small nudge from another coin to push the rest over. It's the same shit. It's the carrot on a stick routine. Keep trying, and you might, just might, finally get what you're after.

If that's the view of people then the same could be said for Kinder eggs, Pokemon cards (when they were a thing), football stickers, and so many other things. Where are the cries for regulation/banning of those things? You pay money and are guaranteed to receive something in return. It might not be what you want but you are paying for something and getting something in return

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2017, 12:22:01 pm »
If that's the view of people then the same could be said for Kinder eggs, Pokemon cards (when they were a thing), football stickers, and so many other things. Where are the cries for regulation/banning of those things? You pay money and are guaranteed to receive something in return. It might not be what you want but you are paying for something and getting something in return
Because those are the product. They're not misleading you. They say on the packet what they are, and say, for example, with a Kinder egg, you know you're buying a chocolate egg, and its got a toy in it. That's it. You know exactly what you are paying for when paying for them. If you can't understand why loot boxes exist to solely perpetuate and facilitate a type of addictive personality trait, i.e, like you find in a gambler, then I don't know what else to say. There is literally zero good about these things. It's inexcusable, and it's borderline criminal. What's even worse is that this isn't some tacked on thing that developers and publishers are just shoving into their games as an afterthought. They bloody well know what they are doing, and as such, that impacts on how a game is actually designed. Don't be under any illusion that this shit is harmless, or that it can just be brushed off as "yeah, I can just overlook that and crack on with the game." The game itself has deliberate elements in there that are designed to cause that microtransaction itch, so that you'll inevitably just want to scratch it by dipping into your pocket. It's usually in the form of a insufferable grind, or in Battlefront's case, an ass whopping by some 10 year old who's ma has given a weeks wages to so that he's guaranteed to keep killing you without any real effort.

The insidious thing about these crates, boxes, whatever they fuck they are, is that most of the stuff in them is absolutely fucking pointless. They are either cosmetic, or the loot by themselves aren't worth a fuck, unless, - and this is the kicker - you shell out enough money to buy enough of them to accumulate the most common items found inside them, which is usually some form of virtual currency. The inclusion of that piece of shit scheme in games is just another slap in the face to the consumer, and another bit of evidence in the argument towards why it can be classed as a form of gambling. If there's a chance of winning one of these items in a crate that would take 100 hours of gameplay time to acquire, and you don't give a shit about anything else in the boxes, then it's a gamble, because in a gamers mindset, especially when it comes to online competition, the aim is to win. It's fueling an addiction.