Author Topic: Champions League / Europa League Quarter Final draw  (Read 10336 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Champions League / Europa League Quarter Final draw
« Reply #120 on: March 17, 2017, 11:02:23 pm »
Calling Higuain a bottler is harsh. He's won La Liga three times and has 19 league goals so far this season. More than Firmino and Mane combined.

He scores goals no doubt, but he also misses massive massive massive chances in hugely important matches. [Argentina,Napoli in recent years, take your pick]

Mane isn't a centerforward and neither is Firmino.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #121 on: March 17, 2017, 11:37:52 pm »
Calling Higuain a bottler is harsh. He's won La Liga three times and has 19 league goals so far this season. More than Firmino and Mane combined.

He also cost more than them combined so whats your point

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #122 on: March 17, 2017, 11:43:55 pm »
They said during the last game that Higuain scored 2 goals in the last 20-ish knockout CL games. (can't be bothered to search for the actual number,I remember it being around 20)
I'd be shocked if he scores more than 1 goal in the games vs Barca.
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #123 on: March 18, 2017, 12:07:41 am »
They said during the last game that Higuain scored 2 goals in the last 20-ish knockout CL games. (can't be bothered to search for the actual number,I remember it being around 20)
I'd be shocked if he scores more than 1 goal in the games vs Barca.
I think Higauin is a better striker than Cavani, but his big game performances are very much like Cavani's. Can be so wasteful.

Cavani seemingly did better vs Barca compared to some ridiculously bad performances he served vs top opposition in recent years. But even then, he still was wasteful over 2 matches.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: March 18, 2017, 07:18:05 am »
He scores goals no doubt, but he also misses massive massive massive chances in hugely important matches. [Argentina,Napoli in recent years, take your pick]

Mane isn't a centerforward and neither is Firmino.
When you put it that way, I'm inclined to agree. Firmino and Mane are our two top goal scorers, that's why I compared them.

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: March 18, 2017, 09:09:18 am »
Higuain is a bit of a flat track bully, if Juventus are going to beat Barcelona then it will be down to Dybala and Cuadrado.

I think Xxavi has a point, player wise PSG probably are better than Juve but in terms of mentality and tactics it's not even close as Juve are far better in that department.

If this was Conte's Juve in Europe the tie wouldn't even be close, Allegri Juventus though have shown that they can matchup to anybody in this competition since he's been in charge.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: March 18, 2017, 09:58:21 am »
Why? Fantastic attacking teams with young talent all over the pitch.
Because you have the Italian champs vs Spanish champs, two giants. European Champions vs German champions and two brilliant teams. Then you have the English underdogs who have never been here before against a brilliant side who have reached a couple of European cup finals in recent years.

Sure Dortmund Monaco will probably produce a load of goals and an entertaining match but the other 3 ties carry more weight for me.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline kaiser franz

• Kopite
« Reply #127 on: March 18, 2017, 12:26:55 pm »
Because you have the Italian champs vs Spanish champs, two giants. European Champions vs German champions and two brilliant teams. Then you have the English underdogs who have never been here before against a brilliant side who have reached a couple of European cup finals in recent years.

Sure Dortmund Monaco will probably produce a load of goals and an entertaining match but the other 3 ties carry more weight for me.
Fricking Leicester and Atletico certainly dont carry more weight then Dortmund and Monaco,especially as we all who follow football very much now how fun and goal fest that duel gonna be.Atleti-Leicester in contrast gonna be very,very boring.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: March 18, 2017, 01:25:06 pm »

Yeah, it's harsh on regular, normal, hardworking bottlers, like the Arsenal team. Higuain is a massive massive mega Super Bottle Fighter II Turbo: Championship Edition. Copa America final, WC final, any important Napoli game he was involved in - bottled them all.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: March 19, 2017, 10:47:10 am »

Well, they're both black men and french. Other than that I don't see the comparison.
Blaise was the absolute weak link in the first leg, constantly losing possession and to my eyes unproductive. Its just one of those things where every time i watch him, i really do not see it. He isn't top tier. I'd rather have Spurs' sissoko.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: March 19, 2017, 10:50:54 am »
Higuain is a bit of a flat track bully, if Juventus are going to beat Barcelona then it will be down to Dybala and Cuadrado.

I think Xxavi has a point, player wise PSG probably are better than Juve but in terms of mentality and tactics it's not even close as Juve are far better in that department.

If this was Conte's Juve in Europe the tie wouldn't even be close, Allegri Juventus though have shown that they can matchup to anybody in this competition since he's been in charge.
So you rate the current man that much higher- I dont follow their league outside the occasional listen of Danny Kelly's Trans Europe Express?

Offline kaiser franz

• Kopite
« Reply #131 on: March 19, 2017, 09:31:53 pm »
So you rate the current man that much higher- I dont follow their league outside the occasional listen of Danny Kelly's Trans Europe Express?
Well Conte failed with Juve in Europe,Allegri so far have 1 final,last year they were so close against Bayern and this year they look good again.

Offline NatD

• Takes offence at authors and people who eat in restaurants.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: March 20, 2017, 09:01:27 am »
Quick question, and I am not sure if it's been answered in another thread (wasn't sure where best to ask!) but if United win the Europa League, then does the Premier League sacrifice one of it's CL places i.e. 4th or would there just be 5 English teams in the CL?
"...waking up at 12 in my clothes again, feel my head explode from a night of Gin..."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: March 20, 2017, 09:03:01 am »
Quick question, and I am not sure if it's been answered in another thread (wasn't sure where best to ask!) but if United win the Europa League, then does the Premier League sacrifice one of it's CL places i.e. 4th or would there just be 5 English teams in the CL?

No in that case there would be 5 teams in the CL.

The only way fourth loses a spot is if Utd win the Europa AND Leicester win the CL.

Offline NatD

• Takes offence at authors and people who eat in restaurants.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: March 20, 2017, 09:08:02 am »
No in that case there would be 5 teams in the CL.

The only way fourth loses a spot is if Utd win the Europa AND Leicester win the CL.

:D

Thanks for clarifying.  Let's hope we finish 4th then, United finish 5th and lose in the EL final!!!
"...waking up at 12 in my clothes again, feel my head explode from a night of Gin..."

Offline LFCStephen

• Legacy Fan
  • I just carnt get enough....
« Reply #135 on: March 26, 2017, 11:12:22 pm »
Anyone else applied for CL or Europa league finals tickets?! Ballot closes next week

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #136 on: March 27, 2017, 10:45:53 pm »
Blaise was the absolute weak link in the first leg, constantly losing possession and to my eyes unproductive. Its just one of those things where every time i watch him, i really do not see it. He isn't top tier. I'd rather have Spurs' sissoko.

This is the worst opinion I've seen on RAWK, it has some tough competition but fuck sake this is a shocker.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: March 28, 2017, 12:31:31 am »
Just wow.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: March 28, 2017, 12:57:55 am »
This is the worst opinion I've seen on RAWK, it has some tough competition but fuck sake this is a shocker.
I take it this is the only thread you frequent?

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: March 28, 2017, 12:59:16 am »
The only wow is the way some of you guys are getting unduly moist over the guy. Do really rate him as world class?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #140 on: March 28, 2017, 01:02:26 am »
The only wow is the way some of you guys are getting unduly moist over the guy. Do really rate him as world class?

He's just a level below it and only by a small margin, he's a terrific player and on a different planet compared to Sissoko.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: March 28, 2017, 05:48:02 am »
He's just a level below it and only by a small margin, he's a terrific player and on a different planet compared to Sissoko.
This. Also, Sissoko and Matuidi play completely different positions. Matuidi is one of the best box to box mids in the world right now who can also do a decent job as a DM. Sissoko is a shite winger with a lot of power and pace and no brain.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: March 28, 2017, 06:12:11 am »

Oh my... ;D
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: March 28, 2017, 10:07:29 am »
Ok so the sissoko was tongue in cheek but I'm not moved on Matuidi.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: April 6, 2017, 08:34:45 pm »
Dortmund vs Monaco live on BT Showcase on Tuesday. Fucking boss!👌

Ajax vs Schalke on Thursday.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: April 7, 2017, 12:58:39 pm »
Absolutely cannot wait for these games. Its always better when theres no united chelsea or arsenal left in it.

Got my ticket for the atleti leicester game which should be an incredible atmosphere, and tuesday night will be out watching the other games. Off work for the week because of the easter holidays...happy days :)

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #146 on: April 10, 2017, 06:37:59 am »

Good ties...
Juventus with a great chance at 2015 revenge.

Looking forward to Tuesday.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TdRqZDL1kKg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/TdRqZDL1kKg</a>

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #147 on: April 10, 2017, 09:47:39 am »
Every CL match this round is delicious, can't wait.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.