Author Topic: The Journeyman Draft II - Marcus Bent edition - Discussion Thread  (Read 20533 times)

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Journeyman Draft II - Marcus Bent edition - Discussion Thread
« Reply #160 on: March 15, 2017, 07:10:07 am »
Betty, you done fucked up son

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: March 15, 2017, 07:15:27 am »
If a player has played in the Premiership for one club but also has previous clubs in the old division 1, do all the clubs he played for count or only the ones in the Premier League era?
Only Premier League clubs count.

The club that a player might have previously played for in the old Div 1 don't count.

The players have to have made an appearance as well.  Even if it is just one sub app. 

So no Peter Shilton.
Oh, it's a since football was invented draft okay. Good pick Betty

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: March 15, 2017, 07:22:08 am »
I think a lot of you will find it hard to fill 11 players when limiting yourself to the invention of football. There should be some shockingly shite picks though ;D should be interesting.

Signed
                                                        A key observer, with a very critical eye..... ;D

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #163 on: March 15, 2017, 07:54:38 am »
Can I leave my pick with someone?

I shouldn't be too far away if you want to leave it with me.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #164 on: March 15, 2017, 10:34:20 am »
anyone playing today?

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #165 on: March 15, 2017, 10:40:01 am »
I'm here and waiting for my pick....
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #166 on: March 15, 2017, 12:53:20 pm »
anyone playing today?

Just woke up late thinking FUUUUUCCCCKKK I bet I've have missed my pick. Turns out no one has made any picks!

Drafts don't run themselves. Someone has to keep on top of whose pick it is and PM the next guy in line when someone doesn't show in their time slot, otherwise the next guy won't show and he'll miss his turn too and so on.

Did anyone PM Greatness? If not it's his turn and he needs to be told. If he has been then we're onto Lastrador.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #167 on: March 15, 2017, 12:53:58 pm »
So I guess Greatness and El Lobo missed their go's. I'll get picking.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: March 15, 2017, 01:07:28 pm »
Eel Lobo has been online since the first PM I gave him, as he is already a pick behind.

Greatness is online I haven't PM'd him (I just have), maybe someone else has?!

I think we should crack on though, this is over many hours.  Can't really blame a PM when a pick hasn't been made for over 3 hours.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #169 on: March 15, 2017, 01:27:28 pm »
Lil Luis, got me right in the feels there. Brilliant pick.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #170 on: March 15, 2017, 01:37:31 pm »
You just broke my heart so bad Betty, Tugay was my next pick.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 01:45:27 pm by Lastrador »

Offline Rysoph76

• Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #171 on: March 15, 2017, 01:39:02 pm »
Had Luis ready to go there, even had the link for the pic, bastard!!!  :wanker

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: March 15, 2017, 01:41:15 pm »
Botk Kolo and Lampard played for City Mondzz ... that was the problem with Lampard in this draft with that annoying stint at City
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: March 15, 2017, 01:42:10 pm »
Botk Kolo and Lampard played for City Mondzz ... that was the problem with Lampard in this draft with that annoying stint at City

Noticed that last minute mate, amended! I know took me a while debating on the Lampard pick.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Rysoph76

• Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #174 on: March 15, 2017, 01:44:37 pm »
Done mine and PMd Sir Psycho

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #175 on: March 15, 2017, 01:48:16 pm »
Oh, it's a since football was invented draft okay. Good pick Betty

Thanks for your stamp of approval  ;D  I'm glad that according to this draft McGrath's time at United never existed.

I think a lot of you will find it hard to fill 11 players when limiting yourself to the invention of football. There should be some shockingly shite picks though ;D should be interesting.

Signed
                                                        A key observer, with a very critical eye..... ;D

Haha yeah, round 9 and 10 should be good comedy value. They'll be some serious barrel scraping once people have run out of big teams to pick from.

You just broke my heart so bad Betty, Tugay was my next pick.

I think I'd have cried if you'd picked him right before my turn like that! All my back-up options were either cheesy/washed up types or verging on shite! You've still got Leeds though, so you're still in a good position I reckon.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #176 on: March 15, 2017, 01:50:37 pm »
KUYT!

One of my favourite Liverpool players. I'd kill for a player like him in our current team.

Offline Rysoph76

• Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #177 on: March 15, 2017, 01:54:33 pm »
KUYT!

One of my favourite Liverpool players. I'd kill for a player like him in our current team.

Had a list of our players to choose from at this stage, Luis was 1, Dirk 2 and then 2 more who would be decent picks (who I was able to get) but should go soon

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #178 on: March 15, 2017, 02:01:13 pm »
I think I'd have cried if you'd picked him right before my turn like that! All my back-up options were either cheesy/washed up types or verging on shite! You've still got Leeds though, so you're still in a good position I reckon.
Well suddenly I have no interest on continuing with this fucking draft, I'll tell you that. Yeah I have some other solid options but none come close to the brilliance of Tugay, one of my favorites player to watch from the last decade.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: March 15, 2017, 02:05:37 pm »
Selections

JSteve - Alan Shearer (Blackburn & Newcastle), Javier Mascherano (West Ham & Liverpool), David Silva (Manchester City), Ledley King (Totenham), Marcel Desailly (Chelsea)

XabiArt - Thierry Henry (Arsenal), Michael Essien (Chelsea), Jaap Stam (Manchester United), Fernandinho (Manchester City), Dele Alli (Tottenham)

KingLuis10 - Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United), Yaya Toure (Manchester City), Arjen Robben (Chelsea), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur & Norwich City), Lucas Radebe (Leeds United)

tubby - Luis Suarez (Liverpool), John Terry (Chelsea), Luka Modrić (Tottenham), Pablo Zabaleta (Manchester City), Mesut Özil (Arsenal)

Lfsea - Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Ryan Giggs (Manchester United), Ashley Cole (Arsenal & Chelsea), Vincent Kompany (Manchester City), Neville Southall (Everton & Bradford)

Klippity Klopp - Alexis Sánchez (Arsenal), Riyad Mahrez (Leicester), Juninho (Boro), Leighton Baines (Wigan & Everton), Des Walker (Sheffield Wednesday)

Vishwa Atma - Gareth Bale (Southampton & Tottenham), Steve McManaman (Liverpool & Manchester City), Nemanja Vidic (Manchester United), Mark Viduka (Leeds, Boro & Newcastle), Santi Cazorla (Arsenal)

Eel Lobo - Dennis Bergkamp (Arsenal), Claude Makélélé (Chelsea), Robbie Fowler (Liverpool, Leeds, Manchester City & Blackburn), Two Picks Outstanding

Greatness - Didier Drogba (Chelsea), David Ginola (Newcastle United, Tottenham, Aston Villa & Everton), David Beckham (Manchester United), Jay-Jay Okocha (Bolton), One Pick Outstanding

Lastrador - Ruud van Nistelrooy (Manchester United), Robert Pires (Arsenal & Aston Villa), Sami Hyypiä (Liverpool), Michael Ballack (Chelsea), Toby Alderweireld (Spurs & Southampton)

Hazell - Roy Keane (Manchester United & Nottingham Forest), Matthew Le Tissier (Southampton), Gilberto Silva (Arsenal), Eden Hazard (Chelsea), Luis Garcia (Liverpool)

Betty Blue - Patrick Vieira (Arsenal & Manchester City), Paolo Di Canio (Sheffield Wednesday, West Ham United & Charlton Athletic), Eric Cantona (Manchester United & Leeds United), Paul McGrath (Aston Villa & Derby County), Tugay (Blackburn)

'Mondzz' - Zlatan Ibrahimović (Manchester United), Frank Lampard (West Ham, Chelsea & Manchester City), Esteban Cambiasso (Leicester), Tim Cahill (Everton), Sol Campbell (Spurs, Arsenal, Portsmouth & Newcastle)

Rysoph76 - Peter Schmeichel (Manchester United, Aston Villa & Manchester City), Les Ferdinand (QPR, Newcastle United, Tottenham, West Ham, Leicester City & Bolton), Ricardo Carvalho (Chelsea), Marc Overmars (Arsenal), Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool)

Sir Psycho Sexy - Sergio Agüero (Manchester City), Paul Scholes (Manchester United), N'Golo Kanté (Leicester & Chelsea), Jamie Carragher (Liverpool), Christian Eriksen (Spurs)

4 - Gianfranco Zola (Chelsea) & Xabi Alonso (Liverpool), Tony Adams (Arsenal), Jurgen Klinsmann (Tottenham)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 02:09:47 pm by Klippity Klopp »

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #180 on: March 15, 2017, 02:21:27 pm »
Well suddenly I have no interest on continuing with this fucking draft, I'll tell you that. Yeah I have some other solid options but none come close to the brilliance of Tugay, one of my favorites player to watch from the last decade.

:boxhead

Glad someone rates him as highly as I do. He gets easily forgotten I find because he never really played for a big team. But he was pure class for Blackburn and even old whiskey nose rated him. Also bears a passing resemblance for Petit with his flowing locks and occasional ponytail, so I'm sure Vieira will be happy  :D

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #181 on: March 15, 2017, 02:43:13 pm »

Glad someone rates him as highly as I do. He gets easily forgotten I find because he never really played for a big team. But he was pure class for Blackburn and even old whiskey nose rated him. Also bears a passing resemblance for Petit with his flowing locks and occasional ponytail, so I'm sure Vieira will be happy  :D
Well I was counting on that for sure.  ;D

Had he come to the league 4 or 5 years earlier I think he would be remember as one of the top 10 midfielders from the Premier League era, he was a class act. That's one of the great things about past decades in football though, you could have brilliant players like Tugay playing on relative obscurity in Turkey and Scotland for years and he would fly under the radar for most big clubs. He wouldn't last two seasons in Turkey now.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 02:51:24 pm by Lastrador »

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: March 15, 2017, 02:51:34 pm »

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #183 on: March 15, 2017, 03:17:11 pm »
Well I was counting on that for sure.  ;D

Had he come to the league 4 or 5 years earlier I think he would be remember as one of the top 10 midfielders from the Premier League era, he was a class act. That's one of the great things about past decades in football though, you could have brilliant players like Tugay playing on relative obscurity in Turkey and Scotland for years and he would fly under the radar for most big clubs. He wouldn't last two seasons in Turkey now.

Very true. It's something that rarely seems to happen these days. Most talents are snapped up by a big team before they've even had time to bed themselves into the first team in the smaller leagues. Kind of a shame, as it takes away some of the 'romance' of the game.

Haha that GIF Klippity  :D  His celebration is great too.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #184 on: March 15, 2017, 03:44:30 pm »

To be fair, he also rated David Bellion and Eric Pogba-Pogba ;D

Very true. It's something that rarely seems to happen these days. Most talents are snapped up by a big team before they've even had time to bed themselves into the first team in the smaller leagues. Kind of a shame, as it takes away some of the 'romance' of the game.

Haha that GIF Klippity  :D  His celebration is great too.

That Alexander Isak kid, what a player ;)

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #185 on: March 15, 2017, 03:54:54 pm »
To be fair, he also rated David Bellion and Eric Pogba-Pogba ;D

Shhhhhhh  :D  Hagi said Tugay was great too and we all know he's basically God.

That Alexander Isak kid, what a player ;)

Funny, that's exactly who was in my mind  ;D  10-20 years ago, there would've been no youtube clips on this kid, no massive hype, he'd just be going about his business quietly in Sweden and probably not even move 'til he hit his 20s. Hagi himself didn't even leave Romania until he was 25!

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #186 on: March 15, 2017, 06:34:55 pm »
Who's go is it?

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: March 15, 2017, 06:46:24 pm »
Who's go is it?
Mondzz or whoever's above him
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #188 on: March 15, 2017, 07:19:56 pm »
Have they been pm'd when it was their hour do you know?

Offline Rysoph76

• Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #189 on: March 15, 2017, 07:34:27 pm »
ive gone now i think 4 missed a go

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #190 on: March 15, 2017, 08:10:23 pm »
Have they been pm'd when it was their hour do you know?

I PM'ed Mondzz about an hour ago, so I've gone ahead and taken my pick. I've been thinking of picking nando since round 2. Couldn't risk waiting any longer! Hazell is up now.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #191 on: March 15, 2017, 08:27:31 pm »
Beardsley is a fantastic pick. Sold far too soon by Souness and went onto to have some great seasons with Everton and Newcastle especially. Really surprised he lasted so long considering he takes out some fairly innocuous clubs. I'd have been all over him if I didn't already have Cantona.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #192 on: March 15, 2017, 08:38:54 pm »
I was looking at Beardsley myself. There is still a massive player who hasn't been picked. People must be scared to pick him.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: March 15, 2017, 08:41:54 pm »
Lil Luis, got me right in the feels there. Brilliant pick.

Had Luis ready to go there, even had the link for the pic, bastard!!!  :wanker

Sorry :P had to take him otherwise I knew he'd go. Gave me some of the best memories supporting the club - Juventus, Chelsea, Chelsea (again) and the Bitters to name just a few - and a crowd pleaser to boot!

We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: March 15, 2017, 08:44:40 pm »
Any chance we can speed this up? It's painful at the moment and it's going to lead to more people missing picks as they will end up forgetting where they are in the grand scheme of things.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: March 15, 2017, 08:52:13 pm »
Lastrador is up.  A few have some picks missing.

Selections

JSteve - Alan Shearer (Blackburn & Newcastle), Javier Mascherano (West Ham & Liverpool), David Silva (Manchester City), Ledley King (Totenham), Marcel Desailly (Chelsea)

XabiArt - Thierry Henry (Arsenal), Michael Essien (Chelsea), Jaap Stam (Manchester United), Fernandinho (Manchester City), Dele Alli (Tottenham)

KingLuis10 - Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United), Yaya Toure (Manchester City), Arjen Robben (Chelsea), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur & Norwich City), Lucas Radebe (Leeds United)

tubby - Luis Suarez (Liverpool), John Terry (Chelsea), Luka Modrić (Tottenham), Pablo Zabaleta (Manchester City), Mesut Özil (Arsenal)

Lfsea - Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Ryan Giggs (Manchester United), Ashley Cole (Arsenal & Chelsea), Vincent Kompany (Manchester City), Neville Southall (Everton & Bradford)

Klippity Klopp - Alexis Sánchez (Arsenal), Riyad Mahrez (Leicester), Juninho (Boro), Leighton Baines (Wigan & Everton), Des Walker (Sheffield Wednesday)

Vishwa Atma - Gareth Bale (Southampton & Tottenham), Steve McManaman (Liverpool & Manchester City), Nemanja Vidic (Manchester United), Mark Viduka (Leeds, Boro & Newcastle), Santi Cazorla (Arsenal)

Eel Lobo - Dennis Bergkamp (Arsenal), Claude Makélélé (Chelsea), Robbie Fowler (Liverpool, Leeds, Manchester City & Blackburn), Two Picks Outstanding

Greatness - Didier Drogba (Chelsea), David Ginola (Newcastle United, Tottenham, Aston Villa & Everton), David Beckham (Manchester United), Jay-Jay Okocha (Bolton), One Pick Outstanding

Lastrador - Ruud van Nistelrooy (Manchester United), Robert Pires (Arsenal & Aston Villa), Sami Hyypiä (Liverpool), Michael Ballack (Chelsea), Toby Alderweireld (Spurs & Southampton)

Hazell - Roy Keane (Manchester United & Nottingham Forest), Matthew Le Tissier (Southampton), Gilberto Silva (Arsenal), Eden Hazard (Chelsea), Luis Garcia (Liverpool), Peter Beardsley (Everton, Newcastle United, Bolton)

Betty Blue - Patrick Vieira (Arsenal & Manchester City), Paolo Di Canio (Sheffield Wednesday, West Ham United & Charlton Athletic), Eric Cantona (Manchester United & Leeds United), Paul McGrath (Aston Villa & Derby County), Tugay (Blackburn), Fernando Torres (Liverpool & Chelsea)

'Mondzz' - Zlatan Ibrahimović (Manchester United), Frank Lampard (West Ham, Chelsea & Manchester City), Esteban Cambiasso (Leicester), Tim Cahill (Everton), Sol Campbell (Spurs, Arsenal & Portsmouth), One Pick Outstanding

Rysoph76 - Peter Schmeichel (Manchester United, Aston Villa & Manchester City), Les Ferdinand (QPR, Newcastle United, Tottenham, West Ham, Leicester City & Bolton), Ricardo Carvalho (Chelsea), Marc Overmars (Arsenal), Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool), Séamus Coleman (Everton)

Sir Psycho Sexy - Sergio Agüero (Manchester City), Paul Scholes (Manchester United), N'Golo Kanté (Leicester & Chelsea), Jamie Carragher (Liverpool), Christian Eriksen (Spurs), Lauren (Arsenal & Portsmouth)

4 - Gianfranco Zola (Chelsea) & Xabi Alonso (Liverpool), Tony Adams (Arsenal), Jurgen Klinsmann (Tottenham), Two Picks Outstanding

Offline Rysoph76

• Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #196 on: March 15, 2017, 08:54:07 pm »
happy to get the rest of the picks done tomorrow if everyone else is able to

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #197 on: March 15, 2017, 08:55:21 pm »
happy to get the rest of the picks done tomorrow if everyone else is able to

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: March 15, 2017, 09:06:43 pm »

That reminds me, there's a certain Evertonian and Manc (doesn't really narrow things down much, I know) who hasn't been picked yet.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #199 on: March 15, 2017, 09:20:58 pm »
Pretty much what I was getting at in my last post. Amazing he hasn't gone yet.