Match 3: Klippity Klopp
9 (11.4%)
Match 4: Betty
10 (12.7%)
Match 4: Gerry
9 (11.4%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: February 24, 2017, 08:49:49 pm

Author Topic: All-time Footballing Duos & Partnerships draft - Knockout Stages 1-4  (Read 3826 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: All-time Footballing Duos & Partnerships draft - Knockout Stages 1-4
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2017, 09:10:59 pm »
Unlucky Klippity, think in the end you just fell short because of the lack of true partnerships in your team
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2017, 09:14:27 pm »
Unlucky Klippity, think in the end you just fell short because of the lack of true partnerships in your team

Ha, good one!

Surprised I got that many votes.

The cheese teams were all going to win. No surprises.

Good luck in the next round!

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2017, 09:22:12 pm »
No idea how to deal with that draw! I'm out tonight anyway, so the next matches will go up tomorrow.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2017, 09:25:20 pm »
Ha, good one!

Surprised I got that many votes.

The cheese teams were all going to win. No surprises.

Good luck in the next round!
while they are a partnership, the overall team still needs to make sense and midfield of two of Kroos and Modric felt a bit weak. Neither being true DMs, and in the Madrid team they have Casemeiro to do some dirty work
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2017, 09:45:02 pm »
while they are a partnership, the overall team still needs to make sense and midfield of two of Kroos and Modric felt a bit weak. Neither being true DMs, and in the Madrid team they have Casemeiro to do some dirty work

They have played plenty of times just the two of them.  But yeah maybe they were light weight compared to some of the other teams.  But genuine partnerships were taken due to cheese (which fucked my team up with the last few picks), so sadly we didn't see some of the true ones.  Some teams do have some great ones though.

Not that it matters anymore. 

As I said from the start your team and Lawnmowers are my two favs and I hope one of them wins.

Offline 4

• Anny Roader
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2017, 10:14:24 pm »
I raise the white flag. Let 4  go through.

Rock, Paper, Scissors?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2017, 10:16:38 pm »
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2017, 10:35:14 pm »
They have played plenty of times just the two of them.  But yeah maybe they were light weight compared to some of the other teams.  But genuine partnerships were taken due to cheese (which fucked my team up with the last few picks), so sadly we didn't see some of the true ones.  Some teams do have some great ones though.

Not that it matters anymore. 

As I said from the start your team and Lawnmowers are my two favs and I hope one of them wins.

;D

Go on lad, I'm genuinely intrigued. What's your definition of a 'genuine partnership' as opposed to two players who played in the same team, both in excellent form, and were successful? The thing with great partnerships is they tend to contain great players, and great players tend to look good with a lot of different players. Like Gerrard and Torres, or Gerrard and Alonso, or Gerrard and Owen, or Gerrard and Suarez, or Gerrard and Hamann, or Gerrard and Carragher.

I think you maybe overlooked the strategy part of a draft, like blocking other players from other 'partnerships'.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2017, 10:47:05 pm »
;D

Go on lad, I'm genuinely intrigued. What's your definition of a 'genuine partnership' as opposed to two players who played in the same team, both in excellent form, and were successful?

I have explained it plenty of times during the draft, I don't want to bore people again.