Author Topic: Some insight and perspective on Jurgen Klopp  (Read 29769 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Some insight and perspective on Jurgen Klopp
« Reply #40 on: February 5, 2017, 07:47:05 pm »
Al, honestly mate please just leave this thread alone for anti FSG stuff.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #41 on: February 5, 2017, 07:49:13 pm »
Al, honestly mate please just leave this thread alone for anti FSG stuff.

Seconded
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #42 on: February 5, 2017, 11:40:36 pm »
There's absolutely nothing on that reddit that means FSG need mentioned in yet another thread. 3rded, Soz Al.

Had a look again, nothing new. I like the truth of this one a lot though:

Sorry to be honest here, I kinda believe Liverpool in the last seasons have been put to expectations above their level. They could get there but surely they won't in just a season and a half of having a new coach. Too many people want it all as quickly as possible but to from a good, solid and strong team requires time, it's a long project. As someone already put it, Klopp began winning after like 2 years at Dortmund.

Also, the mentality man. There can't be games where you were like 3-0 and then the rivals turn the results around to 3-4 or tie it. I think two of the recent 5 losses were those cases. I don't think that's a tactical flaw (which there are) but more of a mentality and composure thing.

I might have posted before, that I think we are a confidence team this year.

When I try to diagnose why we get up for big teams and get shellacked by relegation fodder, I keep coming back to confidence and mentality more than anything else. A league is a marathon, and every match needs to be won, the motivation must be the same vs. Man U at Old Trafford or at home to Swansea.

We look lethargic at the moment. I've always sort of suspected Klopp's halftime talks are something indeed. We can do Jekyll and Hyde performances, I'd say they're more common than just crap, as we can win while also being a bit suspect!

The nice thing about that Reddit thread is it totally reinforces what I think about Klopp.  :)
« Last Edit: February 6, 2017, 01:45:00 pm by ToneLa »

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #43 on: February 6, 2017, 12:56:45 am »
Let us not forget the culture of the manager these days.

Supporters want results nowwwwww.  Television rights, contracts, and marketing undergirds this....

Media participates in the orgiastic carnival barking for the next manager after a losing streak
  (Some grew impatient with Zidane for losing 3 straight --- after 48 some odd wins)
  (now, there is a call for Ranieri to be replaced ---- utter insanity)

Players are playing way too many games, and their fall back positions become friends, families, good times, money (happy happy happy)

And managers and coaches are stuck with the results....

Its an impossible position ---- we might allow Jurgen to find his own players before piling onto the morass of World Football's soap operas.
« Last Edit: February 6, 2017, 02:24:14 am by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: February 6, 2017, 04:36:05 am »
Does Klopp fit with the Clubs structure and recruitment policy though. I love Klopp and think he is great but is he the best Coach for our setup. Reading the Reddit thread the constant theme is that Klopp needs players with very specific qualities and for that to happen there is going to have to be a very targeted recruitment policy.

As a Club are we capable of pulling that off. If not do we need a more pragmatic Coach with the ability to get the best out of a squad built based on a stats and value basis. For me it is a no-brainer Klopp is a top drawer Coach who gives us our best chance of getting back to the top but he needs to be backed to the hilt like he was at Dortmund.

His constant theme is that he does not buy star players, but ones who have no ego, and therefore will run themselves into the ground for him. Essentially, he bought prospects, taught them how to play football, and they played for him. He was never backed to the hilt at Dortmund, he was quite limited with funds because Dortmund were for years in the red after their excesses in the 90's and early 2000's.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #45 on: February 6, 2017, 06:18:32 am »

Supporters want results nowwwwww.  Television rights, contracts, and marketing undergirds this....

Media participates in the orgiastic carnival barking for the next manager after a losing streak
  (Some grew impatient with Zidane for losing 3 straight --- after 48 some odd wins)
  (now, there is a call for Ranieri to be replaced ---- utter insanity)

Players are playing way too many games, and their fall back positions become friends, families, good times, money (happy happy happy)

And managers and coaches are stuck with the results....

Its an impossible position ---- we might allow Jurgen to find his own players before piling onto the morass of World Football's soap operas.

The average length of time a manager stays in a job in the Premier League is less than 2 years. You are spot on, people want everything yesterday. That goes for every department. I don't think there is reason for concern with Klopp, he signed a long contract and the owners are not naïve about how football works, they will know that in some ways the stars aligned for us to be able to get a manager like Jurgen. They wont be trigger happy.

Let the opposition fans and idiotic pundits talk as much nonsense as they want. Klopp's a fraud, he's in danger of his job, he's a one trick pony, winning the league in Germany is easy, yada yada yada. Let them say what they want. He's been here less than 18 months. He's shaping the squad, he's constantly learning about how this league works. We're one point off 4th and we've already been to 2 finals. Yes, we are going through a really tough spell at the moment but we will come through it and we will hopefully be much better for it.

Klopp's not perfect. But he's the best fucking chance we have of getting back to where we should be. Support him, stick with him. Give him the time he needs.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #46 on: February 6, 2017, 09:42:48 am »
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47 on: February 6, 2017, 09:49:44 am »
Lets be honest Jurgen Klopp is still our only chance. If he can't make it work no one will.

There will never be a Klopp out from me but there will be a come on Jurgen change this/work it out.

We don't know if he has been given the tools to do what he wants. I doubt we will ever know, but Jurgen Klopp is the best we'll ever get in our position.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: February 6, 2017, 10:26:38 am »

Totally agree with this.

Nice thread and thanks for taking the time and effort to put it together.

It's not that we need to discover a new side to the guy but perspective, patience and appreciation are useful in times of difficulty. He is a quality manager, and seems like a top class guy. I love his sense of humour, there isn't a presser that goes by without him laughing (generally at himself but frquently poking fun at the idiots that pass for journos).

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #49 on: February 6, 2017, 10:40:34 am »
There's absolutely nothing on that twitter that means FSG need mentioned in yet another thread. 3rded, Soz Al.

Had a look again, nothing new. I like the truth of this one a lot though:

When I try to diagnose why we get up for big teams and get shellacked by relegation fodder, I keep coming back to confidence and mentality more than anything else. A league is a marathon, and every match needs to be won, the motivation must be the same vs. Man U at Old Trafford or at home to Swansea.

We look lethargic at the moment. I've always sort of suspected Klopp's halftime talks are something indeed. We can do Jekyll and Hyde performances, I'd say they're more common than just crap, as we can win while also being a bit suspect!

The nice thing about that Reddit thread is it totally reinforces what I think about Klopp.  :)

Good post.

I think we need to remember just what a fantastic job Ferguson did at United. He stuck to his guns, and played football with a particular style and he ruthlessly ditched players - often those with big reputations- once they'd served their purpose.

What he did better than his contemporaries (not withstanding his considerable backing from the club) was to get in players with the right mentality for his system. That incredible longevity had its foundations in the very things you highlight; those Utd. teams were the converse of the current Liverpool. They mullered stubborn but weaker opposition, often doing what our teams of the 70s and 80s did - scoring late in the game; Fergie time.

Klopp needs better players than we currently have to give us a toe-hold in games where we need to wear teams down. If he's backed in the summer I will look forward to seeing the evolution of his methods.

The only negative I see is the possibility of losing out on likely targets because we limp to the end of this season and end up in the Europa.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #50 on: February 6, 2017, 11:12:05 am »
Lets be honest Jurgen Klopp is still our only chance. If he can't make it work no one will.

There will never be a Klopp out from me but there will be a come on Jurgen change this/work it out.

We don't know if he has been given the tools to do what he wants. I doubt we will ever know, but Jurgen Klopp is the best we'll ever get in our position.

I don't believe for one minute he would stay here if  he was being stopped from doing what he wanted. This is a guy who could work anywhere in football, such is his reputation. But he chose us because he saw similar things to what he had at Dortmund. He is an emotional character, and he sensed the same emotion at Liverpool too. He had always had a genuine liking for this club. I remember when he was still at Dortmund they would constantly ask him if he would manage in the Premiership. He would say yes but it would have to be the right club for him. Not the richest (doesn't interest him), but the club he can get a connection with and build from the foundations. A club that had history and emotion attached to it. He was the always the perfect fit for us right from the start.

When at Dortmund the crowd played a crucial part in proceedings, they had to be involved. It is why he is forever talking up Anfield, he wants the crowd and team to come together and make it into something more, something more powerful than other clubs have. There you get the emotional connection again, something that no money can buy. This is why we need to get a better atmosphere going at the ground.

You are right we need to stick with this guy he is our major hope, after that I don't know what would follow.

"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Jfor83

• Main Stander
« Reply #51 on: February 6, 2017, 12:07:50 pm »
Jurgen is our best chance to get back to the top, we need to back him.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: February 6, 2017, 01:03:03 pm »
Every manager has flaws at the end of the day.

Nothing and no one can or will convince me that Jurgen Klopp is not the perfect fit for this club as manager, flaws and all.  I thought that long before we got him and that view has only been reinforced by what has happened since he took the job at Liverpool.  While I'd like us and him to have ideally done some things a bit differently with the benefit of hindsight (more depth in quality in the first-team squad for one), I'm not surprised by what he's done and I have no doubt he has a clear plan in mind to get us where he wants us to be, which may mean getting there has to be done with incremental steps rather than a giant leap. 

I like the way he thinks and sees the game, I like him and hope he's here for a long, long time.  There's no doubt we're in a rut at present, one we need to turn around quickly, but it's done nothing to affect my faith in him and the job he's doing here.  I can appreciate the insight that Dortmund supporters can offer of him but I don't how know any of them can honestly say he's got a charisma, can motivate players but isn't a good coach.  Sorry, that's ludicrous, you don't do what he did there without being a brilliant coach, let along a good one.

I don't think he's perfect, no manager is, but anyone who might be questioning him now needs their head testing.   He's going to make mistakes but I think progress has been made under him and I don't doubt that it will continue to be made.  It's not going to be straightforward but I can accept having to deal with short-term pain at times in order to achieve the long-term gain I think he and his philosophy represent for a club that badly needs direction.  He's in it for the long haul, keep the faith and belief in him and I believe he's capable of delivering on what we all want as supporters.

completely and utterly agree, except for the bolded part.

They need ostracising. banning. ridiculing. torn apart. shunned. expelled. outcast. fucked off. pissed on. shit on. spat on.

"They" are a fucking cancer. they need ripping out. short termist, ignorant, idiotic pond life. Slowly and surely infecting the entire atmosphere that surrounds the club.

I'm one step short of actively enciting full on violence against "them"

Like Lobo, if our 'fan'base turns on Klopp, i'm done with footy. Can't sit and watch another good man betrayed by his own "supporters"

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #53 on: February 6, 2017, 01:06:40 pm »

They need ostracising. banning. ridiculing. torn apart. shunned. expelled. outcast. fucked off. pissed on. shit on. spat on.

"They" are a fucking cancer. they need ripping out. short termist, ignorant, idiotic pond life. Slowly and surely infecting the entire atmosphere that surrounds the club.

Like Lobo, if our 'fan'base turns on Klopp, i'm done with footy. Can't sit and watch another good man betrayed by his own "supporters"

:wellin
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: February 6, 2017, 01:10:30 pm »

You need a second coach, one with an idea against weaker compositions and Klopp for games against the strong teams.

A very good read.

Rafa & Klopp double act ?

Offline SmallwoodRed

• Kopite
  • remember april 1989
« Reply #55 on: February 6, 2017, 01:44:10 pm »

Totally agree.

Anyone who has worked in football at any level will know that development of a team is about small incremental stages of doing things better until all the boxes are ticked so there are no weaknesses. Its interesting how everyone got seduced by the way we played the first 3 months and how many people laughed about it doesnt matter about how many we concede because we will outscore the opposition. Now our form going forward has dropped off and that has coincided with teams working out a successfull way to play against us. We are still creating chances but its harder and the old mistakes at the back are becoming more noticeable. To me this signals a new phase in our development as a team in that we need to learn to win games that we dont play well and when things are stacked against us. This is something Chelsea have done bettter than any team I can remember this season. They work on the basis of not making any mistakes and controlling the game and then they know that at some point they will get a chance and that will probably be enough.
Im sure this will be something Klopp is well aware of. Take the game on Saturday where the second half performance was nowhere near as bad as many have suggested and that was actually entirely as expected i.e. 11 men behind the ball on a sticky surface with no room to play. We lose the game 2-0 but 2 key moments stand out for me. First if we were Chelsea we dont concede that daft goal before half time and we start the second half on parity meaning the pressure is more on Hull. Then second Coutinho scores that big chance midway through the half and its a different story completely. We have spent the first half of the season blowing teams away we have not yet worked on a way of consistently winning in scrappy way.
For me the Everton result away was the best of the season so far, but in terms of a performance I dont think it was much different to Hull to be honest. We just didnt give them anything early on to build on like we did with Hull.
Once we learn to not give teams a sniff with individual mistakes and at the other end are clinical with the chances we get then its another string to our bow. For me thats the difference

Offline friendofrocky

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #56 on: February 6, 2017, 02:34:07 pm »
And a third point from Saturday - we should have been awarded a penalty midway through the first half. Ball strikes a raised hand in the penalty area= penalty. A big part of our 'dip in form' is down to poor refereeing decisions. In my opinion we played no better or worse than we did v Sunderland(Home), Swansea(away) where we came away with 6 points.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: February 6, 2017, 02:44:19 pm »
That has made me feel a bit better.

The bit about Klopp teams going to pot if the players' confidence takes a knock felt very apt.

Sounds as if we are going to have to fix the mentality of a lot of players or get new ones to make it work.

Interesting to hear about Klopp persevering with players and them coming good. Hope that is the case for Can.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: February 6, 2017, 02:45:59 pm »
Can has a calf injury at the moment so I am excusing him a bit. I think Karius is a definitive Klopp buy, but the key ingredient is time!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #59 on: February 6, 2017, 04:50:59 pm »
And a third point from Saturday - we should have been awarded a penalty midway through the first half. Ball strikes a raised hand in the penalty area= penalty. A big part of our 'dip in form' is down to poor refereeing decisions. In my opinion we played no better or worse than we did v Sunderland(Home), Swansea(away) where we came away with 6 points.

Yeah, I guess it dropped off the radar due to our admittedly terrible display. But once again the referee was utterly shit.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #60 on: February 6, 2017, 05:53:41 pm »

Fully agree with you.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline SmallwoodRed

• Kopite
  • remember april 1989
« Reply #61 on: February 6, 2017, 05:57:53 pm »
Yeah, I guess it dropped off the radar due to our admittedly terrible display. But once again the referee was utterly shit.

His point was though that the display was not worse than some others this season that we won even in the golden period of August to December, e,g Swansea being a case in point.
We have hit a bad patch which was inevitably going to come and its coincided with a few other factors (injuries, ACNations, decisions going against us), and its showing up our ability to deal with these issues but we will learn. No need to go into bed wetting mode (not accusing you of that btw).
There are many on this forum who August to December were talking of us winning the league who are now talking about selling half the team and questioning whether Klopp knows his arse from his elbow. really hoping we dont make the same mistakes we made with rafa.

Offline God's Left Peg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: February 6, 2017, 08:24:57 pm »
Not the link, the fact that so many fans are already questioning him.

Honestly, if he's hounded out like they hounded out Rafa then I'm absolutely done with football.

You and me both but I think the article, overall, is positive.
"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."

Online kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #63 on: February 6, 2017, 09:35:18 pm »

Rafa & Klopp double act ?

Whilst that made me smile, its also interesting. Rafa proving he is great by sticking with us until the end and sticking at his Newcastle project. Has my respect.

Lets see where Jürgen takes us, get behind him.

Offline MakeUsDream2005

• Kopite
  • We are Liverpool tra la la la la!
« Reply #64 on: February 6, 2017, 10:02:44 pm »
Klopp will lead us to great things, I am convinced of it.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: February 6, 2017, 10:23:02 pm »
Finally, you guys sit 5th in your table currently . . . I understand reacting to poor form, but just cause of one bad spell you want to throw away the rest of the season? There's still 3 months left of football bruv.

;D ;D

Offline traustibm

• Kemlynite
  • YNWA
« Reply #66 on: February 6, 2017, 10:34:54 pm »
Not the link, the fact that so many fans are already questioning him.

Honestly, if he's hounded out like they hounded out Rafa then I'm absolutely done with football.

Me too. Said it since people started questioning him after the Burnley loss in August and will stand by it if it happens.
“I can't watch TV longer than five minutes without praying for nuclear holocaust.”
― Bill Hicks

Offline northern Monkey

• Kopite
« Reply #67 on: February 7, 2017, 08:20:02 am »
Are there really people ready to turn on the boss already?  Fucking madness. Every bit as mad as the fools that didn't know what we had with Rafa and were actually glad to see him out the door.

I'd like to echo the sentiment that if our fan base were to empower the owners to remove Klopp, we lose any right to moral high ground regarding of how we get behind our club.

My mind actually boggles at the thought.

That said, questioning why he does X or sticks with Y  during such a bad run of form is;

1. Totally natural.
2. Probably just the same questions JK and his back room staff are asking themselves.
3.  IMO, our right as emotionally invested fans and supporters.

Doing it respectfully and in support rather than persecution of the manager is key though.

I despise the accusations I get automatically as a Liverpool fan that I live in the past.  I don't. At no point this season did I think we were genuinely on for the title.  I always knew we would have a downturn and always though it would be January due to how much impact Mane has had on our ability to beat the weaker teams.  Ive never thought we had a god given right to win anything despite my introduction to the reds being the days of the Dalglish double and such  greats as Rush and Barnes.

I bring this up as I think anyone ready to call time on Klopp is totally guilty of that very thing. Of living in the past thinking we aren't exactly were we belong right now.  We don't "belong" at the top. That position has to be earnt. Kicking and screaming. Fighting for every little improvement.

Improving by ditching Klopp.. yeah good luck with that.

« Last Edit: February 7, 2017, 08:22:05 am by northern Monkey »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: February 7, 2017, 08:45:36 am »
No one of sane mind is doubting Klopp. Guardiola and Pochettino have had similar runs to us this season. However all managers take criticism when they do have a bad run so we just hqve to take it for now and turn it around.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #69 on: February 7, 2017, 09:52:20 am »
Great read. Every Liverpool fan should tap into this insight provided by the Dortmund faithful. Total common sense.

Offline friendofrocky

• Main Stander
« Reply #70 on: February 7, 2017, 11:44:05 am »
The comments from the Dortmund fans imply to me that Klopp has a definite plan here and he will stick with that plan regardless of the ups and downs he meets on the way. To me this is a must for a football manager - stick to the plan. This recent 2017 negative hysteria by some on here and most of the media in my opinion, is a result of his methods taking the PL 'by surprise' to an extent in the first half of the season. Other teams have analysed how we play and have plotted to stifle the way we play particularly in the last third, some successfully - that coupled with AFCON, injuries, some individual errors and poor refereeing decisions have seen us drop a few positions in the table. Dropping points to me doesn't necessarily mean a drop in form - we are still dominating possession in most games, still creating chances. The challenge now is to improve the way we implement the plan, which by reading the BVB comments Klopp has successfully carried out previously. I am looking forward to seeing how we play on Saturday following a week on the training ground. I have no doubt that Klopp will have drummed in some small subtle tweaks to our game plan that may just make a difference.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #71 on: February 7, 2017, 11:50:42 am »

:champ

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #72 on: February 7, 2017, 12:20:36 pm »

Can this post be pinned somehow? This is the sentiment that needs to be shouted from the rooftops.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: February 7, 2017, 12:27:38 pm »
Can this post be pinned somehow? This is the sentiment that needs to be shouted from the rooftops.

Why?

Offline friendofrocky

• Main Stander
« Reply #74 on: February 7, 2017, 12:45:09 pm »
Why?

Because the more critisism Klopp gets on Forums like this, the more the media will feed off the negativity and use it to create 'a story' which leads to additional unnecessary pressure on the man. We've been here before.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: February 7, 2017, 12:54:13 pm »
Because the more critisism Klopp gets on Forums like this, the more the media will feed off the negativity and use it to create 'a story' which leads to additional unnecessary pressure on the man. We've been here before.

Yes haven't seen much of that on here though.

Offline friendofrocky

• Main Stander
« Reply #76 on: February 7, 2017, 12:59:30 pm »
Look at some of the recent post match threads - there's quite a few comments that I would consider to be 'unhelpful'

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #77 on: February 7, 2017, 01:04:17 pm »

Word.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #78 on: February 7, 2017, 01:14:49 pm »

It's definitely hard for managers to be given time now. Not matter whether you are managing Liverpool or Luton. The problem with being manager of Liverpool is that you are in high profile position. The media highlighting your poor form and pinpointing your scapegoats provides website clicks and sells papers. Lots of football fans feed off this

As a fan base our history dictates that we expect to challenge for titles. Everyone else who expects to win titles has won one in the last 27 years. We have this millstone around our necks. I doubt all of you have been watching Liverpool for those 27 years. But I bet all off you are desperate for us to finally end our title drought. Imagine the fellas who seen us win league after league only for it to be followed with 27 barren years. Some of these fellas will be getting into their 60's and 70's and wondering if they'll ever see us win the league again (I'm in my late 30's and I think the same!). I really understand how these men and women could be getting frustrated at the moment. The 1st 3-4 months of the season give you hope that this could finally be our year, then it all comes crashing down (again) after a poor 4-5 weeks. This poor run of form has been met with more wailing and gnashing of teeth then you would have seen at any other club (apart from maybe Arsenal -  who coincidentally are also on a long stretch without winning the league).

Whilst angst in our fanbase is understandable at the moment. Looking for scapegoats amongst the players and the manager is not what is needed. Short term we need to help them get some results and get the confidence flowing again. Anything else is counter productive to the season. Long term we need to give Klopp time. It doesn't make sense to keep on chopping and changing our manager. Klopp is a very good manager and a bad 4-5 weeks doesn't change that.

Do I think Klopp will win the league if we stick with him? Probably not. But that's a reflection of the challenge that Liverpool face to win a league title then his abilities. I wouldn't back on any manager winning us a league title. As it stands Klopp has as much chance as anybody. He deserves time and he deserves support to turn things around. Whoever does finally win us a league, and hopefully it'll be Klopp, will go down as one of our greatest managers ever. Even if all they do is win one league title.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: February 7, 2017, 05:16:28 pm »
Wasn't too sure where to put this but I thought this excerpt from a Sid Lowe interview with Kevin-Prince Boateng was great

‘Klopp is the best coach in the world’
But footballers have to play and opportunities remained limited until Dortmund took Boateng on loan for six months in January 2009, the eve of their explosion. The manager was Jürgen Klopp and the mention of his name excites. “Yes!” Boateng says. “I could see it immediately. He’s the best coach in the whole world. He knows when to push you and when to comfort you. He knows when you need a drink, when you need water. He has this …” His voice trails off. “He has everything. Ask the players and they’ll say: ‘He’s the best, I’d die for him.’

“He knows exactly what every player needs and gives them time. There were players at Dortmund who played five minutes in six months but they were happy: happy to come to training, happy to work, because he made you feel important. Not necessarily as a player – maybe he doesn’t need you – but as a person. That’s why he’s successful everywhere. And Liverpool’s perfect; just watching his presentation you see it. ‘The normal one’: people there love that. If he’d gone to Paris, it would have been best suit, [different message]. He knows how to grab people.”

Moments, chance, decisions; they can change a career, a life. There must be times when Boateng thinks: “If I’d stayed at Dortmund with Klopp …” The response is immediate. “I’d have played a Champions League final, won the league, the cup. But: ‘if’, ‘when’ … I don’t know. I’ve had a career many dream of. I’m happy, but I know I could have done better; if I’d focused more, worked harder earlier. I’m happy to have met Klopp, to have worked with him, even if it was only six months.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/feb/07/kevin-prince-boateng-las-palmas-interview