Author Topic: Confiscated members cards  (Read 36607 times)

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Confiscated members cards
« Reply #160 on: January 27, 2017, 11:30:24 pm »
No. What you said was "if you get more, you're a tout". That suggests that if the buyer rounds it up, then you should refuse, or send them a refund?

"If you ask for a penny more than the ticket is worth, you're a tout c*nt". When the booking fee was 90p, I wouldn't say to someone that the cost was £46.90, I would just say it was £47. Also, I will only ever send tickets by Special Delivery, which is £6.45. I just say it's £7 for SD postage. I'm using my own envelopes, paper and sellotape, and in most cases, I'm spending 25 minutes of my lunch hour going to the post office and back. Hardly think that qualifies as being as tout?
Precisely why I rounded up when you sorted me a Chelsea away spare. You never asked for that to be fair. You asked me for £37 (ticket+booking fee+SD) but you paid for envelope, cellotape etc. You spent some of your own free time to arrange the posting of the ticket and so on. Hence I added a bit on to get you a drink as I do with others.

As Danny Boys Dad said earlier, people wouldn't think twice about paying transaction fees and service fees etc on ticketmaster which often amount to more than £5 extra on each ticket. But that's ok apparently.

My alternative to you not sorting me Chelsea was in the pub or pay a 3 figure sum to a tout. That warrants a beer IMO, especially when you had a choice of about 30 people who had posted on the exchange to offer your spare to

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #161 on: January 28, 2017, 12:12:28 am »
No. What you said was "if you get more, you're a tout". That suggests that if the buyer rounds it up, then you should refuse, or send them a refund?

"If you ask for a penny more than the ticket is worth, you're a tout c*nt". When the booking fee was 90p, I wouldn't say to someone that the cost was £46.90, I would just say it was £47. Also, I will only ever send tickets by Special Delivery, which is £6.45. I just say it's £7 for SD postage. I'm using my own envelopes, paper and sellotape, and in most cases, I'm spending 25 minutes of my lunch hour going to the post office and back. Hardly think that qualifies as being as tout?

No you're right there, I went a bit far*. Pennies in the pound is just rounding up.

If the 46.90 ticket became 50 at the SELLERS request, then I disagree with that.

If multiple 46.90 tickets become 50, that's touting in my eyes.

*28/01/2017 - someone admits they were wrong on RAWK
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 12:19:39 am by Le Jake »
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: January 28, 2017, 12:14:48 am »
Precisely why I rounded up when you sorted me a Chelsea away spare. You never asked for that to be fair. You asked me for £37 (ticket+booking fee+SD) but you paid for envelope, cellotape etc. You spent some of your own free time to arrange the posting of the ticket and so on. Hence I added a bit on to get you a drink as I do with others.

You did mate, for which I appreciated the gesture, and acknowledgement of the time spent, in addition to the actual monetary cost.

This post has also made realise that I don't think I responded to your Facebook message at the time, for which I offer profuse apologies, and will get on to that in the morning to catch up with you :)

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: January 31, 2017, 07:04:12 pm »
Good news all.

I phoned the ticket office today and i'll be able to collect our members cards before our next game which is burnley in march. (won't post them to me).
Turns out my idiot mate flustered with his answered when asked questions by the steward. Reckon it's cos he thought he wouldn't be allowed in.

Also got access to our online accounts again. Seems they've cancelled our southampton tickets without refund. I'd be a bit annoyed if we made it to wembley.

Anyway thanks to all for your advice and support. Hope others get sorted as well.
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline PerryLFC

• Anny Roader
  • Ohhh Liverpool We LOVE YOU!
« Reply #164 on: January 31, 2017, 07:39:02 pm »
On this note, just came in through turnstile D and two Asian girls (south East Asian) had two
Members cards and we're asking the stewards where their seats and turnstile was, he asked to see their seat details, to which they provided hand written details on a piece of note paper... How was this not flagged up as passed on seats?!? Another fine example of, "one rule for one, one for another"
ninety six

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: January 31, 2017, 11:02:35 pm »
On this note, just came in through turnstile D and two Asian girls (south East Asian) had two
Members cards and we're asking the stewards where their seats and turnstile was, he asked to see their seat details, to which they provided hand written details on a piece of note paper... How was this not flagged up as passed on seats?!? Another fine example of, "one rule for one, one for another"

Some woman in front of me was asking the steward how to use a season ticket to get in the turnstile, and asking where her seat was inside.

the inconsistency is frustrating
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #166 on: January 31, 2017, 11:30:42 pm »
3 in 105 early doors didn't know where their seats were - on STs!

SE Asian girls - should have at least checked their cards. Handwritten note could have been so they could ask if necessary or if phone died. But cards should have been checked.
We are a team of one half.

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #167 on: February 1, 2017, 12:36:18 am »
Good news all.

I phoned the ticket office today and i'll be able to collect our members cards before our next game which is burnley in march. (won't post them to me).
Turns out my idiot mate flustered with his answered when asked questions by the steward. Reckon it's cos he thought he wouldn't be allowed in.

Also got access to our online accounts again. Seems they've cancelled our southampton tickets without refund. I'd be a bit annoyed if we made it to wembley.

Anyway thanks to all for your advice and support. Hope others get sorted as well.

good - ynwa !
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline stevesteve

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #168 on: February 1, 2017, 11:09:27 am »
Good news all.

Really glad they saw sense mate.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #169 on: February 1, 2017, 11:52:27 am »

How on earth do you deduce passed on seats from a hand written note?  I always use a hand written note of my seat details.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #170 on: February 1, 2017, 12:09:05 pm »
How on earth do you deduce passed on seats from a hand written note?  I always use a hand written note of my seat details.

Why, when the club txt you the day before?

Appreciate some do write them on paper but (not wanting generalise too much) I think we'll all agree that generally when someone walks in with a piece of paper asking for directions, its because they are not regular and they have been given instructions.

As mentioned above, it wouldn't be hard for the steward to look at the card to check the name. If it said 'John Wallace' and they are two Asian ladies, then you don't have to be Columbo to know what's going on.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: February 1, 2017, 12:12:02 pm »
For what its worth, I was asked for proof of purchase at turnstile D last night. 1st time I've been asked and when I asked the steward why he needed to see my txt when he sees me every week he replied with 'I don't know, we've just been told to start asking people now'.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: February 1, 2017, 12:14:05 pm »
'I don't know, we've just been told to start asking people now'.

Explains inconsistencies if the people asked to check don't know what or why!!

Offline chrissimpson81

• Kopite
« Reply #173 on: February 1, 2017, 12:56:01 pm »
I was waiting for a mate outside Turnstile E on Saturday for about 15 mins before the game. There was a Head Steward there and I saw 5 different people ask him where to go by showing him a season ticket card!

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
Confiscated members cards
« Reply #174 on: February 1, 2017, 01:01:39 pm »
One of my mates has left the country and his card had previous credits on his card so I've bought home league games on his as my card has no league credits. So I'm Asian every home game.

I had forgotten to write down where I was before the game as i don't get the text and struggled to get through to I'm but turns out you can literally hand your card to a fan support person and they print off your seat details.

I didn't say I was using it for all the home games just said he couldn't make it tonight and had given it to me because obviously his name doesn't match up with mine.

Maybe not ethical to use his card and not build my own card up (I want to eventually) but similar to people passing on seasies I guess. Plus considering you needed previous credits for Chelsea and I counted about 50 people wearing half and half scarves I felt less guilty as at least I go often.

I was in a £50+ main stand seat btw his card has a local postcode attached to it but I've not bought any local tickets I got them in the bulk sales.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2017, 01:08:29 pm by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: February 1, 2017, 02:21:08 pm »
Here's a tricky one.

You've got a local none leage club who probably need the funds.  You stick it in a raffle, you want £10 less than what you paid for it and the proceeds go to a worthy cause.  The person who ends up going the match has paid a fiver.

By the letter of the law it's probably technically touting, but when the club (Liverpool) package a ticket with hotel, travel or 'street food' (In case you can't tell I hate that term), they're charging a massive mark up.

So although a raffle is probably technically touting, on a moral standard, touting or not?

Edit - It's not something I'm thinking of, just food for thought.  The Non League club could be substituted for any worthy cause.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: February 1, 2017, 02:23:51 pm »
Here's a tricky one.

You've got a local none leage club who probably need the funds.  You stick it in a raffle, you want £10 less than what you paid for it and the proceeds go to a worthy cause.  The person who ends up going the match has paid a fiver.

By the letter of the law it's probably technically touting, but when the club (Liverpool) package a ticket with hotel, travel or 'street food' (In case you can't tell I hate that term), they're charging a massive mark up.

So although a raffle is probably technically touting, on a moral standard, touting or not?

Edit - It's not something I'm thinking of, just food for thought.  The Non League club could be substituted for any worthy cause.

Think if raffling tickets the cause should get express permission to do so from the club

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: February 1, 2017, 02:28:24 pm »
So I'm Asian every home game.

Relevance?  If he had red hair (assuming you don't), would you have bothered saying, 'so I've got red hair every home game'.

Some would also call bullshit as tt's also highly unlikely that an Asian person would be by himself as they only travel in groups of 30 to take pictures.

Nah, messin.  Just on a wind up.  To me, if it's not personal gain out of greed, it's not touting.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: February 1, 2017, 02:35:06 pm »
Think if raffling tickets the cause should get express permission to do so from the club

You could imaginer that.  Worthy cause makes maybe £300 which is probably a lot of money for them.  Think that would be a resounding no from the club as they don't even donate left over food.

It's funny how we all view touts as complete twats whilst the worst culprits are the club themselves.  Well, maybe not the worst culprits but they certainly don't set as good example.

Posted in one of the other threads that they're charging something like $1800 to US fans for the Southampton match and that doesn't include the flight.

Not sure what winds me up the most, the price or the fact that there's a separate allocation for a specific country.

Edit - I'll stop my little rant now as my card hasn't been confiscated and I'm going very OT.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #179 on: February 1, 2017, 03:30:42 pm »
Relevance? 

;D

Haha, I know you're messing, but when they look at the card the name is very obviously not my own.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline mattyyt

• Anny Roader
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #180 on: February 1, 2017, 07:27:24 pm »
Seen a rumour on Twitter today that they are going to be checking all members cards in the next few games, followed by all season tickets

https://twitter.com/markmaccamc/status/826846234098991104

Offline AA3JM21

• Main Stander
« Reply #181 on: February 1, 2017, 07:29:25 pm »
Seen a rumour on Twitter today that they are going to be checking all members cards in the next few games, followed by all season tickets

Seen that myself .. can't see this happening myself

Spot checks yes, but every single member, no chance

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: February 1, 2017, 07:33:59 pm »

Hopefully that's bollocks.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #183 on: February 1, 2017, 07:44:33 pm »
;D

Haha, I know you're messing, but when they look at the card the name is very obviously not my own.

Not necesarily - I have Asian friends with "white-sounding names".

The walking dead! :D
« Last Edit: February 1, 2017, 07:46:54 pm by Shanklygates »

Offline portRUSHred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #184 on: February 1, 2017, 08:13:42 pm »
For what its worth, I was asked for proof of purchase at turnstile D last night. 1st time I've been asked and when I asked the steward why he needed to see my txt when he sees me every week he replied with 'I don't know, we've just been told to start asking people now'.
We went in turnstile D and weren't asked to show txt. Maybe just spot checks.

Offline Jack Sambrook

• Kemlynite
« Reply #185 on: February 1, 2017, 08:32:10 pm »
When I can't go I pass on to mates , just send them the text they send me , and never had any problems

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #186 on: February 1, 2017, 08:36:49 pm »

By proof of purchase do they just mean the text? I don't take any other proof of purchase with me to games.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: February 1, 2017, 09:13:58 pm »
By proof of purchase do they just mean the text? I don't take any other proof of purchase with me to games.

Yeah he asked for proof of purchase and I said I had the text which he said was fine.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #188 on: February 1, 2017, 09:15:32 pm »
Why, when the club txt you the day before?

Appreciate some do write them on paper but (not wanting generalise too much) I think we'll all agree that generally when someone walks in with a piece of paper asking for directions, its because they are not regular and they have been given instructions.

As mentioned above, it wouldn't be hard for the steward to look at the card to check the name. If it said 'John Wallace' and they are two Asian ladies, then you don't have to be Columbo to know what's going on.

I just do - I put the slip of paper in my card wallet - just find it easier.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #189 on: February 1, 2017, 09:23:09 pm »
If someone is asking for directions to their seat they're a fucking idiot anyway*. Every row has a number on it, as does every seat.

*unless they're differently abled of course.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: February 1, 2017, 09:58:47 pm »
If someone is asking for directions to their seat they're a fucking idiot anyway*. Every row has a number on it, as does every seat.

Especially those Season Ticket Holders who have managed to forget where their seats are after only 2 weeks since the previous game!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: February 1, 2017, 10:20:16 pm »
Yeah he asked for proof of purchase and I said I had the text which he said was fine.

Thanks.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #192 on: February 2, 2017, 12:21:43 am »

There's a good idea right there.

Make up a nonsense story that will get people talking, put it on twitter and then share it on a few forums, and bingo, you get yourself a few hundred new followers!

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: February 2, 2017, 01:51:43 am »

So many times, including Tues,  seen people in wrong row and getting into a discussion with someone in 'their' seat.
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: February 2, 2017, 02:45:06 am »

No chance are they gonna start checking every members card/ST, especially with people trying to get through the kop turnstiles. They'll get told to fuck off when it's 10-15 minutes to kickoff and they're asking each lad for ID.

Not to mention the mass amount of people who haven't got it in their name, they'd have to totally stop the queue every 5 people to take their details/deny entry.

There'd be 1000s of empty seats in the ground too  ;D  There's ways to address the touting problem, the sledgehammer approach isn't one of them
« Last Edit: February 2, 2017, 02:46:48 am by Crosby Wych »
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #195 on: February 2, 2017, 06:44:59 am »
I don't even carry ID to the match! Only live down the road so just my ST and money...

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #196 on: February 2, 2017, 08:36:26 am »
No chance are they gonna start checking every members card/ST, especially with people trying to get through the kop turnstiles. They'll get told to fuck off when it's 10-15 minutes to kickoff and they're asking each lad for ID.

Not to mention the mass amount of people who haven't got it in their name, they'd have to totally stop the queue every 5 people to take their details/deny entry.

There'd be 1000s of empty seats in the ground too  ;D  There's ways to address the touting problem, the sledgehammer approach isn't one of them
Spot on.

If they deny entry to everyone that is not on their own card, the ground will be half empty.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline hawkwind

• Anny Roader
« Reply #197 on: February 2, 2017, 08:50:49 am »
Something needs to be done though to stop those with a couple of dozen season tickets or membership cards who's sole reason for having them is tout them on.
I honestly wouldn't mind this happening for a couple of games if done sensibly and it helped to target and get rid of these people and not members who cannot get to the game for genuine reasons.
We all moan about how hard it is to get tickets for some games and the impossibility of ever getting a season ticket but imagine how hard it will be if we ever get back to winning anything.
« Last Edit: February 2, 2017, 08:57:26 am by hawkwind »

Offline legendkiller

• Legacy Fan
  • Never get out of bed before noon
« Reply #198 on: February 2, 2017, 04:03:14 pm »
Why dont they send people undercover to buy off the touts and trace the tickets back . The touts are not exactly discreet anytime I have been there .

Seems to me its good something is happening but the means they are doing it is wrong
" I asked for a sofa and they bought me a lamp ".

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: February 2, 2017, 04:07:59 pm »
So many times, including Tues,  seen people in wrong row and getting into a discussion with someone in 'their' seat.

Does my head in this, every single game there are idiots who can't seem to work out what a row number means.