Author Topic: Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker / The Mandalorian / The Clone Wars  (Read 225808 times)

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
As the other thread seems to have got bogged down in endless reviews of Episode 7, thought I'd start a new one for all the new Star Wars stuff coming up over the next year or so.

Rogue One:

Teaser trailer
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Wji-BZ0oCwg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Wji-BZ0oCwg</a>

2nd trailer
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/frdj1zb9sMY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/frdj1zb9sMY</a>

***New trailer out tomorrow***

Rebels:

Season 3 trailer
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xmXp802sFgQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xmXp802sFgQ</a>

Episode 8:

Production Announcement video
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/GQQMLE4FuIQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/GQQMLE4FuIQ</a>

« Last Edit: May 4, 2020, 07:48:04 pm by Rob Dylan »

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Re: Star Wars: Rogue One / Rebels / Episode 8
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 11:23:07 pm »
So nobody from the force awakens is in it?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 11:36:50 pm »

Nope, it's set just before Episode 4 - it's the story of how the Rebels stole the plans to the original Death Star.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 12:18:56 am »
Nope, it's set just before Episode 4 - it's the story of how the Rebels stole the plans to the original Death Star.

Darth Vader's mask is in both.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 12:21:25 am »
Plus there is a plausible case for think there will be an R2 cameo... He does after all receive the Death Star plans...

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 09:07:24 am »
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 10:21:09 am »
 :-[
Many RAWKITES died, to bring us this information.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 11:13:11 am »
When is Rebels out?
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 11:47:39 am »
When is Rebels out?

Just checked and it's actually already started - the first couple of episodes should be on Sky on demand.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2016, 12:08:00 pm »
Just checked and it's actually already started - the first couple of episodes should be on Sky on demand.

Congrats on your Nobel Prize for Literature by the way. Fully deserved Bob.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2016, 12:08:25 pm »

Nice one!
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2016, 12:37:33 pm »
Plus there is a plausible case for think there will be an R2 cameo... He does after all receive the Death Star plans...
He got them from Leia, so if he's in it, she probably will be. And Young Han has been cast. All sorts can be shoe-horned in this.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2016, 12:44:58 pm »
Congrats on your Nobel Prize for Literature by the way. Fully deserved Bob.

Cheers, it's been a long time coming!

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2016, 01:09:17 pm »
New Rogue One trailer:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/sC9abcLLQpI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/sC9abcLLQpI</a>

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2016, 01:44:57 pm »
That looks utterly gorgeous.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2016, 01:56:54 pm »
:-[
Many RAWKITES died, to bring us this information.

All is as the Force wills it
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2016, 01:58:33 pm »
Looking forward to rogue one although a lot is getting revealed in these trailers!

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2016, 02:28:18 pm »
Looking forward to rogue one although a lot is getting revealed in these trailers!

The main story is known though - the key will be for them not to reveal to many key points.

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2016, 02:34:36 pm »
They also need to sell these characters, stories like TFA are a little easier in that you can lean on the older cast and then sprinkle in the new leads. Got enough story and character bits in that trailer without ruining anything, for me.

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2016, 02:39:36 pm »
They also need to sell these characters, stories like TFA are a little easier in that you can lean on the older cast and then sprinkle in the new leads. Got enough story and character bits in that trailer without ruining anything, for me.
Yeah, no plot spoilers for me in there plot-wise. I sort of regret watching it as some of the imagery was fantastic and would have been a decent surprise.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 02:43:34 pm by namseulB »

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2016, 02:59:51 pm »
New Rogue One trailer:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/sC9abcLLQpI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/sC9abcLLQpI</a>

Stunning and beautiful.

Roll on the 16th December...
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2016, 03:12:59 pm »
Sequel trilogy

VII – The Force Awakens (2015)
VIII (2017)
IX (2019)
Anthology films

Rogue One (2016)
Untitled Han Solo Anthology film (2018)[1]
Untitled Anthology film (2020)[1]

Never knew they were doing this. Excited.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 03:15:23 pm by OOS »
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2016, 03:15:10 pm »

Hope they fill in some little loopholes which were missed out from the original 6 films, which would be ace.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2016, 03:18:32 pm »
Hope they fill in some little loopholes which were missed out from the original 6 films, which would be ace.

I hope not. The quest to answer questions that never needed answers ruins many a saga.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2016, 03:39:07 pm »
Just told HR I can't make our Christmas function due to this (assuming the UK release date doesn't differ). They were not impressed. To be fair, I've not missed the first day of a Star Wars film since RotJ (I was almost 2 years old at the time) and I'm not about to start so I can go to some crappy restaurant.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2016, 03:49:41 pm »
Wow, looks stunning. Going to be a long two months wait!
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2016, 04:21:47 pm »
Looks brilliant.

But I hope the Hans Solo film hasn't got a Death Star in it.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2016, 04:40:38 pm »
Impressive.  Most impressive.

That's a major Rebel space assault in that trailer.  At least 2 Nebulon-B Frigates, plus 2 Mon Calamari star cruisers.  Not sure what the other ships are, though they look to be some kind of assault frigate.

Plus, Vader's part seems increasingly significant.  Not just a one scene cameo but cropping up in several scenes throughout the film. 
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2016, 04:53:25 pm »
I despair for the internet and how people live their lives these days. No sooner do these things come out, they are there in droves to nit pick and whinge about it.

Doesn't anyone enjoy life anymore?

Looks fucking great. A proper Star Wars movie. I also think the criticism about it being another prequel, where you already know the end. Well, yeah, but Titanic* ended up as the most successful movie of all time and everyone saw the end of that coming. Knowing the ending doesn't mean you can't enjoy the ride along the way, and how it plays out.

(Titanic* was shite, I know)

That's a major Rebel space assault in that trailer.  At least 2 Nebulon-B Frigates, plus 2 Mon Calamari star cruisers.  Not sure what the other ships are, though they look to be some kind of assault frigate.

The 'sizzle reel' for this showed a load of blue skinned Mon Calamari. Ties in with that too.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 04:56:17 pm by Paul JH »
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2016, 05:42:29 pm »
As an aside, although I've not watched the whole thing I thought Plinkett's criticisms were a bit harsh.  I don't really mind a "glut" of Star Wars films if they are good quality movies.  You can pick and choose after all, and not every SW movie will be a blockbuster.  For example, I'm not interested in the Han Solo origins film because I don't feel it's a story that needs to be told, but if Ewan McGregor reprised Obi-Wan to show us a little of what he did between Eps 3 and 4 then I would like to see that.  (I don't think he spent almost 20 years on Tatooine essentially doing the square root of FA - at the time Episode 3 ends the extinction of the Jedi isn't a foregone conclusion.)

Yes, Force Awakens didn't try anything new, but that was the whole point, going old school.  It was a simple story but it was well written; the film was directed well and the acting was top notch; the visual effects were stunning, as were the action set pieces.  Plus it's only the first episode in a new trilogy - it's hard to judge it on its own. 

If the next film is just a remake of Empire then perhaps some of Plinkett's criticisms would be better justified, but JJA himself has said Episode 8 will be a very different animal.  Rogue One already looks a far superior film to TFA and I think will prove a better indicator of which direction the franchise is going in - not in terms of tone but rather in terms of storytelling.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2016, 06:16:06 pm »

Ahhh.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2016, 06:44:09 pm »
As an aside, although I've not watched the whole thing I thought Plinkett's criticisms were a bit harsh.  I don't really mind a "glut" of Star Wars films if they are good quality movies.  You can pick and choose after all, and not every SW movie will be a blockbuster.  For example, I'm not interested in the Han Solo origins film because I don't feel it's a story that needs to be told, but if Ewan McGregor reprised Obi-Wan to show us a little of what he did between Eps 3 and 4 then I would like to see that.  (I don't think he spent almost 20 years on Tatooine essentially doing the square root of FA - at the time Episode 3 ends the extinction of the Jedi isn't a foregone conclusion.)

Yes, Force Awakens didn't try anything new, but that was the whole point, going old school.  It was a simple story but it was well written; the film was directed well and the acting was top notch; the visual effects were stunning, as were the action set pieces.  Plus it's only the first episode in a new trilogy - it's hard to judge it on its own. 

If the next film is just a remake of Empire then perhaps some of Plinkett's criticisms would be better justified, but JJA himself has said Episode 8 will be a very different animal.  Rogue One already looks a far superior film to TFA and I think will prove a better indicator of which direction the franchise is going in - not in terms of tone but rather in terms of storytelling.
They also got the comedy criticism wrong. The original trilogy is intentionally littered with jokes and funny moments. Maybe not laugh out loud, which they harpooned with a laugh track, but the jokes are there. Solo's star trooper charge off the top of my head. You just dont find them funny though, when you have seen them before. On a first viewing all of the jokes would have landed, same as they did in Force Awakens.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2016, 01:04:19 am »
That trailer looks amazing. Never knew Hannibal was in it!
We are Liverpool!

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2016, 09:52:47 am »
Looks the dogs.  Star Wars franchise truly back on track now after the forgettable early 21st century attempts!

Offline jediwarrior

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2016, 10:02:22 am »
He got them from Leia, so if he's in it, she probably will be. And Young Han has been cast. All sorts can be shoe-horned in this.

Can't see Han in it. The new guy cast would look to young to play him in this as it set just before A New Hope Starts. No reason for him to appear.

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2016, 11:48:23 am »

To add to this, TFA had to do a lot. It had to erase the prequels from fans minds by being a competent and engaging film, it had to bridge the gap between ROTJ and the new franchise, mix the older cast in while not being over reliant, introduce us to a host of brand new characters to tell new stories with, make all those interesting and have us excited for more, as well as have the whole thing feel like Star Wars again. Thats enough for a film with maybe the highest expectations in recent history to handle, without also trying to do something really unique story wise.

I'll admit that they maybe played things a little too safe at times, and borrowed from the original films more than they perhaps couldve done, but it got everyone absolutely pumped about new Star Wars again, it absolutely nailed the new characters and the tone and feel of the universe, and looked absolutely magnificent doing so. For me, it did everything I hoped it would do.

Rogue One looks really interesting and with it being the first non-main story film in the series, its a little bit of an experiment for this expanded universe they want to do and I really hope they smash it.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2016, 01:20:04 pm »
No midi-chlorians and I'll be happy
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2016, 01:21:38 pm »
Can't see Han in it. The new guy cast would look to young to play him in this as it set just before A New Hope Starts. No reason for him to appear.
Yeah, he is, you're right. The Falcon makes an appearance in the trailer, though, so he's there, sort of :P

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2016, 01:25:45 pm »
Yeah, he is, you're right. The Falcon makes an appearance in the trailer, though, so he's there, sort of :P

Where is the Falcon in this new trailer?!
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2016, 01:52:01 pm »
Where is the Falcon in this new trailer?!
I actually don't know, I read it somewhere, and actually haven't checked back yet.