Author Topic: Jordon Ibe  (Read 33454 times)

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Jordon Ibe
« on: July 23, 2016, 06:08:41 pm »
Just scored for Bournemouth:

@afcbournemouth
70: A lovely goal! Ibe dropped the shoulder cut onto his left foot, fooling everyone by shooting the near post finding the bottom corner!

https://twitter.com/afcbournemouth/status/756873712767496193

"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
Re: Jordon Ibe
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 09:19:44 pm »
That buyback clause could end up being good value

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 03:33:45 pm »
Just scored the opener against Cardiff.

@afcbournemouth
11: Ibe picks the ball up in the #ccfc half, runs at the defence and curls a shot into the far corner. 1-0 to #afcb! http://bit.ly/AFCBLive

https://twitter.com/afcbournemouth/status/759391522794115072

"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline ZeusMetallica

• Kopite
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 04:45:03 pm »
Is that his second for them in pre-season?

I'll see if I can find it on YouTube now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rmamhcEWQ0
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 04:47:38 pm by ZeusMetallica »

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 08:28:41 pm »
Really hope it works out for him there. He's a talented player with potential, he just needs regular game time and a good coach who can improve his all round game.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: August 1, 2016, 06:37:30 pm »
Selling him has annoyed me quite a lot. I need to let it go before the season starts :D

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: August 1, 2016, 07:34:20 pm »
That buyback clause could end up being good value
How much is it do you know ?
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline RedEire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2016, 02:04:34 pm »
Looking very lively against united so far, best I've seen him play in months! Hope it works out for him there!
Having Welbeck try and mark Pirlo is ridiculous. It's like trying to get a golden retriever to stop a tennis ball machine.Because one is a machine designed for a very specific purpose that it is peerless at, and the other is a fucking dog.

Online Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2016, 05:10:46 am »
Looking very lively against united so far, best I've seen him play in months! Hope it works out for him there!

Really? Thought he was poor myself. Did his usual get the ball,square up to the defender,do a shoulder shimmy then run straight Into the defender a few times. He's at his best when he has space to operate and is playing at a high pace. Should get plenty of game time there and will improve with that.

I really rated the lad and I thought Klopp did too but I think it's telling he was sold as opposed to loaned.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline mascherano20

• Main Stander
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2016, 08:53:09 am »

Really? Thought he was poor myself. Did his usual get the ball,square up to the defender,do a shoulder shimmy then run straight Into the defender a few times. He's at his best when he has space to operate and is playing at a high pace. Should get plenty of game time there and will improve with that.

I really rated the lad and I thought Klopp did too but I think it's telling he was sold as opposed to loaned.

Ibe will inevitably show some great skill and score some crackers just by the way he plays-looked like he had a bit of a swagger first half which quickly disappeared once their opposition pushed him around the pitch.

Hope he does well, but think Klopp has got this spot on, 15m is a cracking price for a guy who wouldn't get close to our 11 or even 15 at the moment

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2016, 09:44:41 am »
I thought he was poor but had a few bright spots. Still, it's a lot more beneficial for him as he'll get far more game time at Bournemouth and chances to improve

Offline GMac1984

• Anny Roader
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2016, 08:37:21 am »
Thought he was poor myself, lots of misplaced passes - do however think he will be a good signing for them over the course of the season with more regular gametime!

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2016, 10:14:19 pm »
Sencond worst summer signing in PL according to telegraph..

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2016, 10:19:35 pm »
Sencond worst summer signing in PL according to telegraph..

Who was the second?
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2016, 10:20:37 pm »
He's been dreadful truth be told. 0 goals and 0 assists in well over 600 minutes of football this season.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2016, 10:43:15 am »
Is it me or is he getting hooked off every game around 60-70 mins? Basically because he's shit every game but they have to keep playing him because he's their record signing?

Looking like great business from us.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2016, 10:46:52 am »
Unbelievable that there were some people moaning we were selling him and buying Mane at only a £15-20m loss  :lmao  I do wonder if these people actually have eyes sometimes.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2016, 10:48:05 am »
Is it me or is he getting hooked off every game around 60-70 mins? Basically because he's shit every game but they have to keep playing him because he's their record signing?

Looking like great business from us.

He's only been on the pitch past the 70th minute twice this season and is yet to finish a game.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 10:50:41 am by Gerry Attrick »

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2016, 11:04:12 am »
Unbelievable that there were some people moaning we were selling him and buying Mane at only a £15-20m loss  :lmao  I do wonder if these people actually have eyes sometimes.
Can't really agree with that. Yes, many thought st the time we had overpaid for Mane but I'd say 99% of people were saying we should 'bite their hands off' at £15m

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2016, 11:17:57 am »
Seems like he could've done with more time in the Championship.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2016, 12:08:32 pm »
Brendan was probably on to something by playing him as a wing-back.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2016, 12:22:14 pm »

where there? Granted I wasn't reading every transfer thread here over the summer. But I mostly recall people being amazed Liverpool where getting 15 million for a player who'd regressed over the last few months and who didn't seem to have too much desire to do something about that.   

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2016, 12:28:29 pm »
Sadly seems to be one of the players who initially breaks through then gets figured out by defenders and never reaches that level again. Always found it hilarious people saying he was as good, or better, than Sterling.

Think Klopp saw it pretty quickly after initially trying to make him one of his "projects" and ruthlessly shifted him
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2016, 12:34:19 pm »
Think Klopp saw it pretty quickly after initially trying to make him one of his "projects" and ruthlessly shifted him

Which is great to see. If you're working hard for LFC, working your bollocks off and have talent to go with it, he's your best mate, if not, he's gonna get rid ASAP.

I like that.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2016, 12:35:12 pm »
I think for Bournemouth to spend that much on a player they needed finished article.

£15m is a hell of a lot for a prospect for a club like Bournemouth. Probably should have looked at players like Sisto who is a prospect but at a prospect price of £4m

With that said, I hope he is given the time to turn it around and I don't take any pleasure in his current predicament

As for people trying to rewrite history, vast majority of us couldnt believe the price we were getting
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 12:36:59 pm by Clayton Bigsby »

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2016, 02:37:24 pm »
Bournenouth's fullbacks look more threatening in attack than Ibe

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2016, 04:03:48 pm »

hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it.

Dont think many were moaning selling him but most were shocked at the fee we got him for. Its the english premium factor.

he is still only 20 and still got a lot of development to go. He might just kick on and become one of the better wingers in the league if he improves.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2016, 06:50:59 pm »
Loads of people moaned about losing Suso, nobody was moaning about Ibe. £15m fee, sell-on and buyback clauses, it was a ridiculously good deal and we all saw it that way. Bournemouth, on the other hand, need to have a hard long look at their transfer policy.

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2016, 09:11:14 am »
Think people are being very harsh on young Jordan. He's still very young, and I don't remember him having a particularly poor attitude. In fact, I seem to remember him taking up some extra training sessions with Kenny after he first broke through.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2016, 03:19:30 am »
Reports coming out that Ibe was robbed at knife point by four men earlier this month, took off with his £25k watch. Horrible bastards hope they are bought to justice soon as.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Aceldama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2016, 05:24:44 am »
Reports coming out that Ibe was robbed at knife point by four men earlier this month, took off with his £25k watch. Horrible bastards hope they are bought to justice soon as.

Leon Knight tweeted about this earlier (before it reached the media) but has now deleted it, classy guy that he is.

The BBC report makes it sound like a pre planned attack rather than an opportunistic one.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2016, 10:27:57 am »
Not going to post the BBC link because it's apparently according to a report from a certain shitrag of a newspaper ... but I don't get this bit:

'Bournemouth midfielder Jordon Ibe, 20, was driving home from a training session when his car was hit in Surrey Quays, south-east London.'

That's some fucking commute to Bournemouth's training ground, which I assume is in Bournemouth  :o

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2016, 11:33:21 am »
sure is. surrey quays is 15 minutes from my house and bournmeouth is a good 2.5 hours away

He should just rent or buy in bournemouth

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2016, 11:50:55 am »
sure is. surrey quays is 15 minutes from my house and bournmeouth is a good 2.5 hours away

He should just rent or buy in bournemouth

Yeah, on second thoughts, he probably does. Fuck knows why I'm even basing any kind of reliability on an article by that rag  ::)

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2016, 04:46:02 pm »
My bad, should have seen that as well

Offline Captain Caveman

• Peter Andre's Disney-sponsored rapping cousin
  • Legacy Fan
  • Erik, Igor and Momo.
« Reply #35 on: January 9, 2017, 02:17:05 pm »
Sabu retch at putrid "fan", born to screech, doom'd to lose.
MANCHESTER EVERTON AND FUCK.
Says it all

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #36 on: January 9, 2017, 02:19:31 pm »
Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe calls Jordon Ibe a ‘disappointment’

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/08/bournemouth-eddie-howe-jordon-ibe-fa-cup-millwall-third-round

Shitty ass headline, as that's not what he says...

“He hasn’t been a regular in the team and that will be a disappointment for him and for us.”

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #37 on: January 9, 2017, 02:24:54 pm »
Shitty ass headline, as that's not what he says...

“He hasn’t been a regular in the team and that will be a disappointment for him and for us.”

Ye he says nothing like that. Really shite article that
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #38 on: January 9, 2017, 05:18:25 pm »
In fairness, he's been a disappointment for some time now. Doesn't seem to progress at all.
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
  • Live Breath and Sleep LFC
« Reply #39 on: January 9, 2017, 10:09:09 pm »
He's just not all that.

Anyone with pace can run with the ball, it's what you do with it...you need to bring something different to the side.

He's not doing that which is why he finds himself behind King and Stanislas.
"He's leaving because he's Guardiola's favourite. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I can't make myself shorter and learn Spanish." - Klopp on Gotze to Bayern