Author Topic: The Tory party thread... epic fail lol  (Read 171004 times)

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Re: The Tory party thread... how depressing
« Reply #1840 on: March 18, 2017, 12:04:37 pm »
I like Ed. Pity they ironed out all this personality he obviously actually has during the election campaign
he's a decent enough chap but was totally incompetent as leader of the Labour Party. It is thanks to his rules that we now have Corbyn as leader
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1841 on: March 19, 2017, 10:05:05 am »
According to the Beeb, he is staying on as an MP.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39304944

I would imagine that he would resign at the next general election. You cannot really campaign as a Cheshire MP whilst the editor of a London paper.

Should just give MPS £100K a year and ban second jobs and expenses.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 10:12:13 am by OOS »
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1842 on: March 23, 2017, 03:44:54 pm »
https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/mar/23/liverpool-tory-cuts-city-benefits-poorest

Found this just heartbreaking. Is the plan to strangle the life out of everywhere that isn't London?
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

gqP6w

« Reply #1843 on: March 23, 2017, 10:13:49 pm »
https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/mar/23/liverpool-tory-cuts-city-benefits-poorest

Found this just heartbreaking. Is the plan to strangle the life out of everywhere that isn't London?
Direct the worst cuts at places you don't need to vote for you, typical Tory tactics

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
Legacy fan

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #1845 on: April 4, 2017, 04:22:36 pm »
Theresa May is now taking chocolate manufacturers to task over their lack of religious enthusiasm, meaning she's more concerned about Cadbury's not using the word "Easter" than she was about Trump's refugee ban.

Fucking embarrassment of a PM.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2017, 04:41:12 pm by TravisBickle »
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1846 on: April 4, 2017, 04:29:08 pm »
Theresa May is now taking chocolate manufacturers to task over their lack of religious enthusiasm, meaning she's more concerned about Cadbury's not using the word "Easter" than she was about Trump's refugee van.

Cadbury ... a Quaker company, who don't celebrate Easter....

Cadbury a company that it turns out have never put Easter on any of its eggs....

The national trust, a national treasure which has 13000 mentions of Easter on its website....

Easter.... from Eoster, a pagan festival...

What the hell is everyone blathering on about.

What bollocks we have to live with...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #1847 on: April 4, 2017, 04:39:10 pm »

Cadbury a company that it turns out have never put Easter on any of its eggs....

The national trust, a national treasure which has 13000 mentions of Easter on its website....

I used to say that for all I disagreed with her on just about every issue, May was still a serious politician. She isn't. She hasn't got a clue what she's doing or how to handle this job.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #1848 on: April 4, 2017, 04:41:07 pm »
Theresa May is now taking chocolate manufacturers to task over their lack of religious enthusiasm, meaning she's more concerned about Cadbury's not using the word "Easter" than she was about Trump's refugee van.

Shame that her Christian values don't extend to not taking money from the disabled and bereaved in order to give tax breaks to the rich.

Not sure what Jesus might have made of that, from what I've read he might not have approved.
Legacy fan

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1849 on: April 4, 2017, 04:42:07 pm »
I used to say that for all I disagreed with her on just about every issue, May was still a serious politician. She isn't. She hasn't got a clue what she's doing or how to handle this job.
I don't know... she's playing to the Brexit audience quite well...

For you and I that's not serious, but I suspect that this will play very well with the voters... which is very very very depressing indeed....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1850 on: April 4, 2017, 04:42:48 pm »
Shame that her Christian values don't extend to not taking money from the disabled and bereaved in order to give tax breaks to the rich.

Not sure what Jesus might have made of that, from what I've read he might not have approved.
I think you misunderstand....

Saying Christian values is the important bit.... not actually doing anything about it...
W

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #1851 on: April 4, 2017, 04:42:56 pm »

Her welfare policies are an utter disgrace, yes. But then every Tory welfare policy since 2010 has targeted the disabled or otherwise vulnerable in some capacity so it shouldn't come as a surprise.

It all just serves to highlight the need for a serious alternative...

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #1852 on: April 4, 2017, 04:45:23 pm »
I don't know... she's playing to the Brexit audience quite well...

For you and I that's not serious, but I suspect that this will play very well with the voters... which is very very very depressing indeed....

Oh no, I know she's playing to an audience. She's essentially just ensuring she's capturing the 52% who voted for Brexit, which you can tell she's doing successfully from UKIP's collapse. But when it became clear May would be PM, I had some faith that Brexit might not be a total disaster - I thought she'd understand the need to remain on good terms with the EU where possible, as well as the importance of the single market.

But no.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #1853 on: April 4, 2017, 04:47:14 pm »
Her welfare policies are an utter disgrace, yes. But then every Tory welfare policy since 2010 has targeted the disabled or otherwise vulnerable in some capacity so it shouldn't come as a surprise.

It all just serves to highlight the need for a serious alternative...

She's the one who used to talk about trying to get away from being the nasty party, and who goes on about working for everyone and how her Christian faith informs her actions.

You can openly be a shit (Tebbit etc) and everyone knows where they are but the ones who pretend to be saints while being bigger shits than anyone are the worst.

I thought she was horrible when she was home secretary but she's worse now.
Legacy fan

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1854 on: April 4, 2017, 05:02:02 pm »
Oh no, I know she's playing to an audience. She's essentially just ensuring she's capturing the 52% who voted for Brexit, which you can tell she's doing successfully from UKIP's collapse. But when it became clear May would be PM, I had some faith that Brexit might not be a total disaster - I thought she'd understand the need to remain on good terms with the EU where possible, as well as the importance of the single market.

But no.

I don't think anyone bar that dickhead Archbishop of York and that other dickhead the Prime Minister (with a dollop of print and tv media thrown in) give a shit about it. I saw a couple of vox pops on telly today about it and on all occasions the public were like 'meh'.

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1855 on: April 4, 2017, 05:04:55 pm »
Had a letter off my doctors today saying some of the stuff I use for my skin can no longer be prescribed through prescription, the stuff was really good for my eczema too. Get the feeling that only drugs that keep you alive will be available.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1856 on: April 4, 2017, 05:06:06 pm »

The Archbishop of York said that if people visited the Cadbury factory then they would see how Cadbury's Christian values influenced its output ;D

No, that would be a food manufacturing process, you fucking imbecile. Get a real job.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1857 on: April 4, 2017, 05:15:05 pm »
No, that would be a food manufacturing process, you fucking imbecile. Get a real job.
:lmao

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #1858 on: April 5, 2017, 05:19:26 am »
Thousands on 50p-a-week housing benefit - BBC Panorama

Thousands of families hit by the benefit cap have been left with just 50p a week towards their rent, a BBC investigation has found.

A Panorama survey of hundreds of local councils across Britain discovered that 7,585 families had had their weekly housing benefit cut to this level.

Charities say some families affected could end up losing their homes.

The cuts are part of the government's drive to get unemployed people back to work by capping their payments.

The limits are £23,000 in London and £20,000 in the rest of the country.

Benefits can only be capped if someone receives housing benefit or Universal Credit.

The amount of money above the limit is taken from housing benefit or Universal Credit.

It means some people can lose all their housing benefit, except for a nominal amount of 50p.
'Hole in rent'

Alison Garnham, chief executive of the Child Poverty Action Group, said: "Removing people's housing benefit basically means that people can't afford their home, so it puts people at risk of homelessness.

"It also means that they have to use money that's intended to buy food for their kids and for their other living expenses - this has to be used to plug the hole in their rent."

The government says the benefit cap is fairer because it levels the playing field between families in work and those reliant on benefits.

Welfare delivery minister Caroline Nokes said: "What we sought to do was incentivise work because we know that the outcomes for children will be better if they are in families that are working.

"You have to remember that a household that has only 50p of housing benefit actually is receiving in the region of £20,000 outside London, in total benefits."

The government estimates that 88,000 households will be affected by the benefit cap - though some experts think the figure will be much higher.

Almost 67,500 households have been capped so far, according to figures provided by the 370 councils that responded to Panorama's survey.
The 50p-a-week housing benefit

Birmingham has the highest number of households on 50p a week housing benefit - 578 out of 2,968 that are benefit capped.

Leeds is second (223 out of 993) and Manchester is third (179 out of 833).

In North Hertfordshire, 30% of households that are benefit capped are on 50p a week housing benefit - the highest proportion in Britain.

Bolton is the second highest (29%). Sandwell is third (27%).

Source: BBC Panorama

Steve and Kim Carmichael, from Huyton in Liverpool, used to get £500 a week in benefits to look after their four children but their payments were cut by £120 in November under the cap.

Their rent used to be covered by housing benefit but that has been cut to the minimum amount.

Mr Carmichael said: "Now it's only 50p per week so that's £2 a month - which they may as well keep. It costs more to send a letter out."

The family was threatened with eviction at the end of January because of their rent arrears.

They got a payment from a special government fund set up to help those who have been affected by the cap.

But the Discretionary Housing Payment ran out at the end of March and they will now have to apply for more money. If they do not get it, they could lose their home.
'It soon goes'

Mr Carmichael said the family had been struggling since their benefits were capped.

"£20,000 a year does sound a lot," she said. "It's not a lot really, and by the time you've paid your gas, your electric, your rent, your council tax, your food shopping, clothes for the kids, school trips and stuff like that, it soon goes."

Neither of them have worked for almost nine years. Under the rules, the Carmichaels could get their full benefits back if they worked 24 hours a week between them.

Mr Carmichael said he was looking for work, but he has not been able to find a job in the four months since the family was capped.

The government said a range of additional measures had been put in place to support those in the most need.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39484897
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #1859 on: April 5, 2017, 09:10:43 am »
If they want to control Housing Benefits costs, they need to control Rent prices. Either by providing social housing at lower prices, by enacting rent controls. They have picked the wrong target, again. The squeeze should be put on private landlords. But that risks forcing massive investment in social housing. If Housing Benefit drives rents down, private landlords may refuse to take Housing Benefit tenants, meaning councils have to fill the gap. Of course that is actually a sensible policy in its own right, so there is not a chance of it panning out that way.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #1860 on: April 5, 2017, 09:41:40 am »
If they want to control Housing Benefits costs, they need to control Rent prices. Either by providing social housing at lower prices, by enacting rent controls. They have picked the wrong target, again. The squeeze should be put on private landlords. But that risks forcing massive investment in social housing. If Housing Benefit drives rents down, private landlords may refuse to take Housing Benefit tenants, meaning councils have to fill the gap. Of course that is actually a sensible policy in its own right, so there is not a chance of it panning out that way.

There used to be a system of registered rents but the Tories got rid of that in 1989. Under that system landlords still made money but obviously not enough money for the Tories.
Legacy fan

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1861 on: April 5, 2017, 03:22:59 pm »
The Tories are at least going on the right path in terms of landlords. Id welcome rent controls on fully owned property if its enforcable (million ways round that). The recent tax changes caned those people who have mortgages but those who own the property outright were not even scratched.

I rent a property well below market rates and its a different level of greed to charge market rate or above if you own it.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #1862 on: April 6, 2017, 03:27:36 pm »
This 'rape clause' in the new tax credits restrictions is horrible, who thinks up stuff like this?

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2017/mar/16/tax-credit-clause-becomes-law-without-parliament-vote

Apparently it's an 8 page form
Legacy fan

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1863 on: April 13, 2017, 11:50:39 am »
Who'd have thought that mass cuts to the wants and needs of society could affect society?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1864 on: April 13, 2017, 11:52:09 am »
Who'd have thought that mass cuts to the wants and needs of society could affect society?
Astonishing isn't it?  Who'd have guessed?
W

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #1865 on: April 17, 2017, 07:18:47 am »

#lockerroomantics

A 19-year-old council candidate picked this outfit, posed for a snapshot of himself in it, posted it to social media, and has now apologized.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1866 on: April 17, 2017, 05:11:50 pm »
#lockerroomantics

A 19-year-old council candidate picked this outfit, posed for a snapshot of himself in it, posted it to social media, and has now apologized.

????? What's this got to do with the Tories?

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #1867 on: April 21, 2017, 06:57:27 am »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/tory-ministers-laugh-jeremy-corbyn-brits-getting-poorer-pmqs-theresa-may-a7690836.html

When I saw the headline I thought they were taking the piss out of Corbyn to make May look better, the usual public schoolboy hooting and guffawing. But no... they were laughing at the soft bastards who fell for Cameron's lies on austerity, whilst their mates the bankers - the real cause of our financial woes - have simply used OUR cash to get richer.
They were laughing at every single person who voted for them believing they would deliver on the economy, and every single person who didn't vote for them as well.
Because like all conmen (or women) they have no concept of decency, no conscience, and no sense of shame.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 10:44:24 am by 12C »
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
Legacy fan

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1869 on: April 28, 2017, 07:51:54 pm »
Good Lord.....

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/theresa-may-called-mummy-by-tory-conservative-activists-why-motherhood-female-power-a7707841.html

'Time for mummy' ?
Bunch of fucking weirdos.

I see Lawson was saying 'we don't need the Romanian fruit pickers', while some other Tory MP was sacked for saying homosexuality was a 'danger to society'.

Just another day in Toryland.

Offline Thush

• Spawwow, Tit. Anal Chat is "Equidistant between chit-chat and analysis"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's pronounced "Toosh"
« Reply #1870 on: April 28, 2017, 08:50:32 pm »
Totally useless Tory MP for the Isle of Wight resigns after telling students that homosexuality was "wrong" and "a danger to society".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-39749203

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1871 on: May 8, 2017, 03:06:38 pm »
I see the Tories are keeping the foodbanks busy https://tompride.wordpress.com/

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1872 on: May 8, 2017, 03:11:34 pm »
Totally useless Tory MP for the Isle of Wight resigns after telling students that homosexuality was "wrong" and "a danger to society".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-39749203

He has the Bill Cash/Norman Tebbitt look of a dessicated corpse. Good riddance.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1873 on: May 9, 2017, 01:50:17 pm »
 Tory Britain...A paramedics tale.   

Brian Mear:

I joined the Ambulance Service in 1986.
For over 28 years I worked doing “Front Line” work. That’s Emergency work. Covering 999 calls. For the last 6 years of my service I worked alone predominantly on nights at weekend so I could care for my mum who had cancer. At night I would be covering 80,000 people alone. In that time I undertook significant training. Advancing myself in skills and knowledge. I became a Paramedic in 1992. A Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support instructor, I trained new entrants on the road for over 16 years. I became an Hems Paramedic on the Thames Valley Air Ambulance dealing with Major System Trauma incidents . I’ve dealt with royalty and the lowest sections of society. Film stars, Rock Stars, Serial Killers, Drug Addicts, I’ve been stabbed twice, punched, spat at. Had vomit thrown in my face. Had ribs broken by being kicked by a hypoglycemic patient. Been called a c*nt and worse, been held at gun point as a hostage even had a man try and bite my nose off.
Been to major shootings. Helped guide 60+ babies into life. Seen countless people at the very end of their journey. I’m trained to cannulate people to administer drugs, intubate, defibrillate , put chest drains in, I’ve put a trachyoctomy on a 16 year old boy hit by a train, tried to resuscitate two burnt toddlers after their father set fire to them both. I’ve seen things that no one should have to witness
At the end of that time with all that experience I was worth £12.35 an hour before tax (this was my bank shift rate on my very last shift, somewhat lower than my colleagues due to not getting anti social enhancements but even with I feel we are criminally underpaid for the work we undertake).
That’s what my skills are worth to society.
Less than an estate agent, less than a refuse collector, much less than any MP regardless of political party, less than the majority of office workers working in a clean environment doing sociable hours.
Yes £12.35 before tax and National Insurance. Tax is something the super rich avoid.
Why because modern society puts no value on me because I don’t make money.
I’m not a footballer or an actor or a bean counter for the banks. I don’t fit into the capitalist system that we are all brainwashed to think is the only workable system humanity can live by.
So go ahead and vote for the Tories again and see the NHS finally die. Let them take away the last decent thing we have left in this country that cuts across all races, ages, and class.
The great institution that our grand parents fought through the horror of the Second World War to set up “from cradle to the grave”.

https://tompride.wordpress.com/2017/04/28/desperately-underpaid-paramedic-tells-theresa-may-ive-seen-things-no-one-should-have-to-witness/

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1874 on: May 10, 2017, 12:02:05 pm »
No case to answer regarding the Tory spending in 2015.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/10/no-conservative-election-expenses-charges-from-14-police-force-inquiries

No Conservative election expenses charges from 14 police force inquiries

Prosecutors looking at Tory spending in 2015 election still considering Kent police file relating to South Thanet

Conservative MPs who were being investigated over election expenses will not face criminal charges, although one case relating to South Thanet in Kent remains under consideration.

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) said it had examined files from 14 police forces who were looking at MPs visited by a Conservative battlebus during the 2015 election campaign.

Nick Vamos, the CPS head of special crime, said: “By omitting any battlebus costs, the returns may have been inaccurate. However, it is clear agents were told by Conservative party headquarters that the costs were part of the national campaign and it would not be possible to prove any agent acted knowingly or dishonestly. Therefore we have concluded it is not in the public interest to charge anyone referred to us with this offence.”

He added: “Although there is evidence to suggest the returns may have been inaccurate, there is insufficient evidence to prove to the criminal standard that any candidate or agent was dishonest.”

The CPS said that to bring a charge there must be evidence that a suspect knew the return was inaccurate and had acted dishonestly. The issue related to the cost of the bus not being declared in local returns.

However, the CPS said it was still considering another case relating to the election in South Thanet, where the Conservative Craig Mackinlay beat the then Ukip leader, Nigel Frottage. Kent police handed over files to the CPS later than other forces.

“No inference as to whether any criminal charge may or may not be authorised in relation to this file should be drawn from this fact and we will announce our decision as soon as possible once we have considered the evidence in this matter,” added Vamos.

The Conservative party chairman, Patrick McLoughlin, said: “After a very thorough investigation, we are pleased that the legal authorities have confirmed what we believed was the case all along: that these Conservative candidates did nothing wrong. These were politically motivated and unfounded complaints that have wasted police time. We are glad that this matter is finally resolved.”

He claimed that “false and malicious claims continue to be spread on the internet”.

“People should be aware that making false claims about a candidate’s personal character and conduct is an electoral offence, as well as being defamatory,” he said.

“Notwithstanding these false claims, Conservatives want to strengthen election rules to safeguard electoral integrity – in light of the real and proven cases of electoral fraud exposed in Tower Hamlets in 2015.”

Reacting to the announcement at Labour’s education policy launch in Leeds, Jeremy Corbyn said he was “interested and surprised”. He said the Electoral Commission and the CPS were independent, but election laws “must be enforced so that money can’t buy power”.

The Liberal Democrat leader, Tim Farron, said: “The observation I would make of the Conservative party is it appears to have stayed the right side of the law by the letter of it, but has driven a battlebus and horses right the way through the spirit of it. It’s a shame, in one sense. It would appear there is a cloud hanging over British politics.”

One of the MPs cleared by the CPS, Karl McCartney, who represented Lincoln in the last parliament, launched an angry attack on the Electoral Commission, claiming he and colleagues had been a victim of a “witch hunt” by the organisation, and that the next government should consider abolishing it.

He said: “It is clear that those who lead the Electoral Commission who followed and allowed this action to take place are politically motivated and biased – actions that have rendered this organisation wholly unfit for purpose.”

McCartney said the commission’s chief executive, Claire Bassett, should step down, as should the rest of the senior management team, including the head of regulation, Louise Edwards, whom he described as her “sidekick”. He said that if they did not take this “most honourable course of action” then he and colleagues would try to persuade the government to “abolish this incompetent organisation”.

William Wragg, now Conservative candidate who was cleared in Hazel Grove, said he was glad to live in a country where such an investigation could take place. “I do not begrudge the attention that the police and CPS have given to this case, and I maintain my respect and support for our police and justice system in the essential and difficult tasks which they conduct every day,” he said.

However, he claimed a “handful of political opponents” had been quick to vilify him and said he hoped they would reflect on their words. “I look forward to receiving their apologies”.

And always good to see Tory c*nts wanting the Electoral Commision abolished so they could (theoretically) get away with fucking murder no doubt.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #1875 on: May 11, 2017, 12:24:24 pm »
If anything sums up this current crop of Tories then it's this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-39852464/low-value-low-skilled-people-let-in

I wonder who else he considers to be 'low value'? The old? The disabled? The sick?
Legacy fan

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #1876 on: May 14, 2017, 08:33:14 am »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-39852464/low-value-low-skilled-people-let-in

I wonder who else he considers to be 'low value'? The old? The disabled? The sick?

He touches on an important point but as usual with the Tories the language shows what they really think of people.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1877 on: May 14, 2017, 09:05:02 am »

I dont know how different that is to what Macron said when he was here.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1878 on: May 14, 2017, 09:33:01 am »
No case to answer regarding the Tory spending in 2015.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/10/no-conservative-election-expenses-charges-from-14-police-force-inquiries

And always good to see Tory c*nts wanting the Electoral Commision abolished so they could (theoretically) get away with fucking murder no doubt.

Those that thought this country was hopelessly corrupt sadly have been proven correct.

Such a massive shame. I thought there was some common decency and honesty. Seeing the news today of the Millionaire Brexit gobshite openly affecting politics with his money and the police doing nothing about it is just so sad. Depressing this is what the UK has become.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1879 on: May 14, 2017, 09:45:55 am »
Seeing the news today of the Millionaire Brexit gobshite openly affecting politics with his money and the police doing nothing about it is just so sad. Depressing this is what the UK has become.

I was also appalled by this.

'I'm going to influence the election cos I'm loaded', what a prick. I'm sure his donations will be done under election rules and so on, so I'm sure its all 'above board' but if it is, the rules are a sham when you can just announce it like that so brazenly.

Arseholes.

Made the mistake of going in M&S yesterday, thought I'd buy some posh bits as I've got the grandparents over for lunch today. Fucking hell, it was like a Tory party conference in there. Every basket a Daily Mail or Torygraph. And their car park manners were abysmal too...fucking Brexit nobs.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.