Poll

Well - scroungers or the bestest peoplers EVER! You decide!

Keep them (I Live in the North of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales or Cornwall)
64 (13.3%)
Keep them (I live elsewhere in the UK - probably the South or Midlands)
39 (8.1%)
Bin them  (I Live in the North of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales or Cornwall)
151 (31.5%)
Bin them  (I live elsewhere in the UK - probably the South or Midlands)
83 (17.3%)
Keep them (I'm not from the UK)
26 (5.4%)
Bin them (I'm not from the UK)
76 (15.8%)
More cheese, Gromit?
41 (8.5%)

Total Members Voted: 480

Author Topic: Should the UK keep the Royal Family?  (Read 55378 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Should the UK keep the Royal Family?
« on: April 23, 2016, 07:42:39 am »
This argument has 'raged' on for years. Should the UK embrace their past and the history of the Kings and Queens and Royalty? Or should they step forward into a modern era without the outdated system of 'Royalty'?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Re: Should the UK keep the Royal Family?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 07:46:18 am »

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 07:55:55 am »
I've heard those Midlands folk are devout Royalists, they'll be after you now Andy.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 08:07:52 am »
I've heard those Midlands folk are devout Royalists, they'll be after you now Andy.
Not all of us. Definitely bin.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2016, 08:18:29 am »
Not all of us. Definitely bin.

That was my point really! In Andy's world if you're not living in the North you're a rampant Tory Royalist (probably with a couple of Panama accounts tucked away).

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2016, 08:27:20 am »
I feel a bit left out here Andy, I'm from the UK but I don't live in the UK. I would vote to bin them (off with their heads).
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline Alex Raisbeck

• Kopite
  • 'Arry Redknapp,baggy faced bell end bastard.
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2016, 08:53:39 am »
I think we should replace them with a temporary monarchy from an agency and pay them less-maybe only using them for impressing Americans and christening ships.
"How many lives has Liverpool skipper? 'Tis a puzzle that's hard to unravel; Each game he plays is the game of his life''....

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2016, 09:00:52 am »
No idea why so many voting options, bin or no bin is the only question.

The answer to which is fuck em off sharpish, the bunch of OOT c*nts that they are!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2016, 09:18:00 am »
No idea why so many voting options, bin or no bin is the only question.

The answer to which is fuck em off sharpish, the bunch of OOT c*nts that they are!

I was interested in the different takes depending on roughly where you are..

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2016, 09:23:57 am »
Bless, this has fucked you over a bit so far hasn't it Andy?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2016, 10:13:11 am »
Bless, this has fucked you over a bit so far hasn't it Andy?

Not particularly. I'm not that arsed if we keep them. But I'm not sure they have a place in a Modern Democratic country.

If the UK leaves Europe then I'm sure they will have a place as we'll have stepped back a couple of hundred years though.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2016, 11:36:31 am »
I voted to keep her, not a massive supporter of the Royal family as a whole but feel she is a part of our identity. she has a positive effect wherever she goes is that really so bad,if it is then it's a f...up world. she certainly knows how to cheer everyone up with a good party as well. anyway look what happened last time we got rid of the monarchy, who did we get to take her place. one right miserable bas.... Oliver Cromwell. banned everything. if that's change then leave me out  :)
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2016, 11:45:46 am »
If we got rid of the Royal Family would that make David Cameron the President?
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2016, 11:50:29 am »
If we got rid of the Royal Family would that make David Cameron the President?
No, he would be The Lord Protector but to be fair he is well suited for the job
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2016, 11:53:00 am »
Don't care.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2016, 11:54:23 am »
Don't care.

That sort of apathy is part of the reason why they're still there, and we have a tory government (irrelevant if you like 'em I guess...)

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2016, 12:02:32 pm »
Bin them. And whilst we are at it take the Lords too.

We need a real Republic with a full reset of the democratic process. Of course MP'S will never vote for it.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2016, 12:07:16 pm »
I was interested in the different takes depending on roughly where you are..

Results weren't what you expecting were they? Ha ;D

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2016, 12:12:17 pm »
Shapeshifting lizards OUT
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2016, 12:52:01 pm »
Results weren't what you expecting were they? Ha ;D

I was expecting to see results that matched how people felt. If there are loads of people in the South that want them binned then great. What's not to like?

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2016, 02:40:17 pm »
Whenever i think we should get rid i look at a super power than now has a probable choice between Mrs Clinton or Donald Trump, they are also good for Tourist Revenues
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2016, 04:52:58 pm »
Not arsed so went for the cheese option

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2016, 04:55:10 pm »
President Cameron sounds a lot worse than Queen Liz in fairness

In fact, some of those republics with their presidents seem just as shite as a powerless monarchy

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2016, 07:09:35 pm »
President Cameron sounds a lot worse than Queen Liz in fairness

In fact, some of those republics with their presidents seem just as shite as a powerless monarchy

The problem isn't the old, privileged bastards in their palaces.

The problem is the privileged bastards in the Government. The presence of a monarch rather than a President means the PM is defacto head of state without the seperation of powers. And Cameron is a c*nt.

Offline nick_8589

• Kopite
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2016, 08:30:34 pm »
I voted to keep her, not a massive supporter of the Royal family as a whole but feel she is a part of our identity. she has a positive effect wherever she goes is that really so bad,if it is then it's a f...up world. she certainly knows how to cheer everyone up with a good party as well. anyway look what happened last time we got rid of the monarchy, who did we get to take her place. one right miserable bas.... Oliver Cromwell. banned everything. if that's change then leave me out  :)

I mean, I don't think Cromwell's got a shout at Lord protectorate anymore, just saying.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2016, 08:32:37 pm »
On another forum I suggested once that there should be a referendum on the monarchy every time a monarch dies, so at least there would be some democracy involved.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2016, 08:40:17 pm »
Difficult one, as I look at Republic's and wonder what is so special about them, I don't see the attraction there either. Don't like Charles especially and certainly not Camilla. But I am not wildly against William, he seems a half-decent guy. Still haven't answered the question, guess for now I would be indifferent either way. Is there an alternative to becoming a Republic?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2016, 08:49:33 pm »
A constitutional monarchy that we currently have is as good a system as any. I can see the argument for a republic but not sure it would be any better.

EDIT: Though I can fully appreciate that scaling down the monarchy and reforming the House of Lords to make it more democratic is something that needs to be done.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 09:01:23 pm by Les Willis »

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2016, 10:04:38 pm »
Bin.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2016, 10:07:37 pm »
A constitutional monarchy that we currently have is as good a system as any. I can see the argument for a republic but not sure it would be any better.

EDIT: Though I can fully appreciate that scaling down the monarchy and reforming the House of Lords to make it more democratic is something that needs to be done.

Yeah, we need a fully elected House of Lords. It should not be full of aristocrats, it should be a second house that complements the House of Commons.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2016, 10:33:30 pm »
Yeah, we need a fully elected House of Lords. It should not be full of aristocrats, it should be a second house that complements the House of Commons.
Though to be fair the present house of Lards has done a better job than her maj's opposition. (and yes the a was meant).

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2016, 10:36:18 pm »
They have no power anymore so what is the use of this lot? Bin them!

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2016, 10:42:00 pm »
They have no power anymore so what is the use of this lot? Bin them!
Surely that's the point?

Titular head of state with no power..... Does the ceremonial job of head of state and nothing else...

It's the most bizarre situation, one which you would never create... But bizarrely it actually works quite well (for the moment)...

Of course, it's absurd to have a heridatry monarch... But to change I would want something that works better...

It's a strange world we find ourselves in....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2016, 10:48:02 pm »
But she uses our money to fix up her houses and doesn't a percentage of what we give the government go to her clan so they could do whatever they do?

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2016, 10:54:30 pm »
Here's a question (and I'm ideologically opposed to the Royals, by the way):

How would we resolve the issue of the complete collapse of the industries which exist because of the Royal family? There must be thousands upon thousands of jobs which depend on its existence.

That's not a reason to keep it, but a 2013 article in The Atlantic, reports that The Royal's boost to the economy is worth in excess of half a billion quid.

I'd want to see a fully financial assessment on who it would affect at the bottom rungs of the ladder, before I made any judgement on whether to biff or not.

So I voted cheese.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2016, 11:01:24 pm »
Should lizards really be living this far up north? Surely they need to be in a more suitable climate.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2016, 11:14:56 pm »
I'm pretty neutral on the monarchy as an institution and don't see any pressing need to get rid. the negatives are balanced out by the positives for me.

Offline Dizzyfinn

• Main Stander
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2016, 12:45:20 am »
I no longer live in the uk and haven't for 15 years. Still visit several times a year and consider it home. Where do you want my vote?

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2016, 01:19:37 am »
Surely that's the point?

Titular head of state with no power..... Does the ceremonial job of head of state and nothing else...

It's the most bizarre situation, one which you would never create... But bizarrely it actually works quite well (for the moment)...

Of course, it's absurd to have a heridatry monarch... But to change I would want something that works better...

It's a strange world we find ourselves in....

Very well put mate.
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2016, 08:34:39 am »
But she uses our money to fix up her houses and doesn't a percentage of what we give the government go to her clan so they could do whatever they do?
As far as I know (and I may be wrong) only the queen and her direct offspring get anything...  Still, when everyone else has their budgets cut, it does seem perverse

I have less issue with giving her money to fix up her houses though....

If we abolished the royal family tomorrow, they would still be part of of nation's history and would still be maintained in some way by the public...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W