Author Topic: Chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker, Wolves slayer  (Read 661145 times)

Offline Vork+The Knights of Good

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Macklin, you son of a bitch.
The strength he's developed under Klopp has really helped him turn it around. Great from Klopp who I'm sure told him he needed to bulk up and be more physical, easily could have ended up another Aspas tossed aside and blamed on the committee.

He's got all the traits needed, I'm not sure if he's the deadly finisher that a Torres or Sturridge can be, but that can still come in time

Sturridge wasn't a deadly finisher at 20 either. Most players aren't. That comes with experience.
Justice For The 96

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
Sturridge wasn't a deadly finisher at 20 either. Most players aren't. That comes with experience.

Not going to be the finisher that Sturridge is. And I wouldn't class Surridge as a finisher either. He can finish sure - not a finisher tho. And they're rare.

There's a clunkyness to Origi, that Sturridge doesn't have. There's nothing silky about Origi. Good feet, potential to work things out, but he's basic.

If you want top four, or a title challenge.., Origi is 3rd/4th choice. A great 3rd/4th choice mind, but a 3rd/4th choice.

Going into next season, you go into it with this in mind.

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
Not going to be the finisher that Sturridge is. And I wouldn't class Surridge as a finisher either. He can finish sure - not a finisher tho. And they're rare.

There's a clunkyness to Origi, that Sturridge doesn't have. There's nothing silky about Origi. Good feet, potential to work things out, but he's basic.

If you want top four, or a title challenge.., Origi is 3rd/4th choice. A great 3rd/4th choice mind, but a 3rd/4th choice.

He is 20 years old and was one of the best players away at Dortmund and this is the best you can do?
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
He is 20 years old and was one of the best players away at Dortmund and this is the best you can do?

Did great. Loved the whole idea about him starting.

Do we want a title here? I think 20 odd bloody years is enough no? What we're sitting on is a great 3rd choice striker in Origi. You don't go into next season with the thinking that he's a 1 or a 2. You go into next season as him as a 3rd option. The other stuff gets worked out. That's all I'm saying. Very simple, very clear. Hope I've made it clearer.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2016, 12:48:19 am by Filler. »

Offline zimmie'5555

• passenger on an intergalactic spaceship... sometimes wishes he was a woman
  • Legacy Fan

Do we want a title here? I think 20 odd bloody years is enough no? What we're sitting on is a great 3rd choice striker in Origi. You don't go into next season with the thinking that he's a 1 or a 2. You go into next season as him as a 3rd option. The other stuff gets worked out. That's all I'm saying. Very simple, very clear. Hope I've made it clearer.

I agree with you, though having Origi and a fit-again Ings as our back-up strikers isn't bad going. I like Origi's progress and I think he can make a fine contribution for us in the coming years.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan

Wouldn't describe him as clunky. He's agile, pacey and can beat a player. It's the Sakho shite all over again. He looks unorthodox, so he must be a shite technician.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Clunky? Basic?

Wtf?

Slavisa  jokanovic was clunky and basic.

Young Divock is anything but that ...
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline deadsetred

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Wtf, Origi clunky? compared to Sakho? Mind boggling.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
I think Filler is really just trying to say that he's not as silky as Sturridge, and that we shouldn't go into next season with him as first or second choice striker. He's still only 20 and has years of development left, but that doesn't mean we should be relying so heavily on him if Sturridge gets an injury.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
And I would say to Filler he looks like a star in the making. Putting in big performances, intelligent and skillful. You're flying solo with this clunkiness tag
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
He's developing really nicely. Had gained noticeable size throughout the season as well.

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan

Haha, there's no chance he is a third option, he'll come through very fast to be even a first option if he keeps this up. He's in the Mold of a in form Torres with the strength of drogba. If a player of his age can progress as fast as he is they nearly always overtake the senior strikers eventually, why spend mega money on someone when that's on the pitch already.

His dribbling is also really good, he does have it all if he can keep the momentum going. He needs a big spell next season without injury to really make progress.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2016, 07:27:38 am by 12Kings »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Haha, there's no chance he is a third option, he'll come through very fast to be even a first option if he keeps this up. He's in the Mold of a in form Torres with the strength of drogba. If a player of his age can progress as fast as he is they nearly always overtake the senior strikers eventually, why spend mega money on someone when that's on the pitch already.

His dribbling is well is really good, he does have it all if he can keep the momentum going. He needs a big spell next season without injury to really make progress.

I just thank the stars we've got people like you not putting too much expectation on him.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Clunky? He's far from bloody clunky.

Offline PhiLFC#1

• The Messiah! He rawks amongst us
  • Legacy Fan
I just thank the stars we've got people like you not putting too much expectation on him.

Well personally I think he's a blend of Pele and Gerd Muller with a bit of Di Stefano, but better

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
Clunky? He's far from bloody clunky.

yeah. benteke is clunky. Origi is quite agile for someone his size. Got a good ability to turn on the ball to get away from defendera.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
yeah. benteke is clunky. Origi is quite agile for someone his size. Got a good ability to turn on the ball to get away from defendera.

The lads pretty much got the lot, apart from his finishing. Hopefully in time he'll get better and become more prolific.

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
'There's a clunkyness to Origi, that Sturridge doesn't have.'

Let's write that once more... it might sink in...

There's a clunkyness ... with the Sturridge comparison coming after. I know that the great subtleties of our language are quite complex, but please god, put in a bit more effort.

He's in the Mold of a in form Torres with the strength of drogba.

Blimey. I mean... blimey.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
Nah, it was Southampton really. Maybe last night was the night that the casual/non-LFC fan took note of him, but he was a different player after the hattrick. At the start of the season he did not look like he knew what the hell he was doing at all. (Although, thinking back, there's a good chance there's a bit of Rodgers not knowing what to do with a player he wasn't sure about.)

Are you calling me a casual fan you cheeky fekker? :)
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Let's write that once more... it might sink in...

There's a clunkyness ... with the Sturridge comparison coming after. I know that the great subtleties of our language are quite complex, but please god, put in a bit more effort.

Blimey. I mean... blimey.

So if Origi is clunky compared to Sturridge, that would mean Sturridge is clunky when you compare him to Aubemeyang then. Is that what you're saying? Because for me clunky is not a word I'd use for any of them.

« Last Edit: April 9, 2016, 08:37:54 am by Solomon Grundy »

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
So if Origi is clunky compared to Sturridge, that would mean Sturridge is clunky when you compare him to Aubemeyang then?

If you are an internet clown, then yes, that is exactly what I'm saying.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If you are an internet clown, then yes, that is exactly what I'm saying.

Well what are you actually saying then? There is no 'clunkyness' to Origi compared to Sturridge. There is no 'clunkyness' at all. If there was that would make Sturridge 'clunky' compared  to someone like Aubemyang.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2016, 08:43:57 am by Solomon Grundy »

Offline cricketrocks

• Legacy Fan
Well what are you actually saying then? There is no 'clunkyness' to Origi compared to Sturridge. There is no 'clunkyness' at all. If there was that would make Sturridge 'clunky' compared  to someone like Aubemyang.
It's funny really, with the 'subtleties of our language', you'd be forgiven, perhaps, for thinking there'd be a middle ground between 'clunky' and 'silky'. Saying that, I'm being a grumpy pedant and it's clear what he means.

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
What we've got on our books is a potentially good striker in Origi. Only 20, raw, relatively untested, but has already improved greatly from his first few outings in a red shirt. We can only hope that that upward curve continues and he becomes an important cog in the team. The mistake I think, would be to go into next season with Origi being your choice striker, and sharing those duties with Sturridge or another striker if Sturridge gets sold - which is being played out in some quarters rather dissapointingly.

Origi has shown glimpses of some good feet, but those feet aren't at a level of a Sturridge. Sturridge can almost steal time in the box. He's swift of mind, and he can be one step ahead of any defensive unit (sometimes, Sturridge has got so many ideas going on in his head while he's on the ball, that he's almost ahead of himself). Sturridge has eyes - Origi is more simplistic. Simplistic is great - put the ball in the net, debate it after etc, but he's not buying you time in that key area - the box. He may do... let's hope so. But it would be a foolish mistake to go into next season with Divock as one of your pair of strikers. That would be signing up for yet another year of 6th to 4th to me.

I'm all up for being proved wrong tho. Very up for that. Who knows, maybe he comes on against Stoke and glances in a header from a corner (which would be nice), slots in an early sidefoot opener v Dortmund and then 10 minutes later smashes it home from 20 yards.

He's not a clunky striker... but in comparison to Sturridge, there's a clunkyNESS to his game. The joys of language.

Very happy to see him start, very happy to have him as an option on the bench.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
Why not simply say he's stronger or has more physical presence? :p

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Let's just forget it now. I get what Filler means. I just wouldn't of used the words 'clunky' or 'clunkyness' to describe Origi's style of play myself.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hes probably second choice striker next season with Ings third.  he will still get his fare share of games, continue to develop etc. Pretty confident in the next 12 -18 months he'll be pushing for a regular spot but I think he knows he's still young and he's happy to learn and develop and play his share of games.

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan

Quick, Powerful, works his arse off for the team, stronger than you think, better hold up play than you expect for someone of his age, just needs to improve his movement and choice of finishes, if he's able to produce consistent performances at the same level of Dortmund then he will be more than 3rd choice

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan

I'm all up for being proved wrong tho. Very up for that. Who knows, maybe he comes on against Stoke and glances in a header from a corner (which would be nice), slots in an early sidefoot opener v Dortmund and then 10 minutes later smashes it home from 20 yards.

He's not a clunky striker... but in comparison to Sturridge, there's a clunkyNESS to his game. The joys of language.

Very happy to see him start, very happy to have him as an option on the bench.
I'm doing a degree in English language, mate. I know all about the subtleties of language. But you can't polish a turd, you're just wrong.

He's slick and mobile. A very skilful player. Synonyms of clunky: Tiresome, awkward, heavy... He might be heavy, but he doesn't look it.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
I think he's better than Martial, too.  :-X

Offline Gazza-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

For me at the moment he isn't, Martial is at it stands the better player. No telling where either will end up though.

Online vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
I'm doing a degree in English language (tiresome?), mate. I know all about the subtleties of language (awkward?). But you can't polish a turd, you're just wrong (heavy?).

He's slick and mobile. A very skilful player. Synonyms of clunky: Tiresome, awkward, heavy... He might be heavy, but he doesn't look it.
That's a clunky post mate ;D

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Couldn't help but think that Origi showed us the other night what Benteke should be.  Really held it up well and knew when to turn and cause problems for their defence - great show.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
I really think he can become an incredible striker if he develops as I hope he will. He's got all the physical attributes, height, strength, speed and skill. If he can develop his confidence in finishing early and bringing others into play (which he's already very good at) he will be awesome.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow

No he isn't. I rate Origi as you all do but Martial is currently way ahead of him.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Not at the moment. He is better than Rashford though.

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
I'm doing a degree in English language, mate. I know all about the subtleties of language. But you can't polish a turd, you're just wrong.

...and I did a degree in art, and I know for a fact that you can polish a turd.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan

he is different from what i have seen from Martial...

Origi is a classic CF, who at very young age is capable of leading the line, doing everything a good CF is suposed to do.... he is very mobile, aware, he is strong and has great skills.... i think he is our best striker atm. in terms of efficiency... he is a classic CF who can be very succesfull here for years.

Martial in other hand is more a winger like forward for me who is not a typical target man...

so to compare both is not realy possible imo.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
...and I did a degree in art, and I know for a fact that you can polish a turd.

If you go on youtube and type in 'mythbusters- polishing a turd', you'll see them doing it.

Offline RedEire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
For me at the moment he isn't, Martial is at it stands the better player. No telling where either will end up though.
matial will end up at psg within a year  ;D
But origi for the price we paid looks very good, he hasn't got near as many starts as martial and has had a stop start season with injuries too, I think next season origi will be on par with martial!
Having Welbeck try and mark Pirlo is ridiculous. It's like trying to get a golden retriever to stop a tennis ball machine.Because one is a machine designed for a very specific purpose that it is peerless at, and the other is a fucking dog.