Author Topic: LFC Ticket Prices 2016/17  (Read 95450 times)

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LFC Ticket Prices 2016/17
« Reply #120 on: February 1, 2016, 07:50:46 pm »
A discussion that could have started tomorrow once everyone had access to ALL the facts not just one side of the story

Online wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #121 on: February 1, 2016, 07:52:43 pm »
And unless you swallow the FSG narrative that the starting point for ticket prices is currently fair.

Graham, will the club create a greater number of pricing tiers as part of this raise, or do they plan to do so in the future? Seems odd to me that the club would make such a substantial top-end raise without also creating a few extra lower pricing tiers as well. I mean, the Red Sox currently have 100 general admission pricing tiers, in effect, so is the club also moving toward that model?

Not making an argument one way or another. Just curious about what you think the club is envisioning long-term.     

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #123 on: February 1, 2016, 07:54:03 pm »
Disgraceful.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #124 on: February 1, 2016, 07:54:03 pm »
Graham, will the club create a greater number of pricing tiers as part of this raise, or do they plan to do so in the future? Seems odd to me that the club would make such a substantial top-end raise without also creating a few extra lower pricing tiers as well. I mean, the Red Sox currently have 100 general admission pricing tiers, in effect, so is the club also moving toward that model?

Not making an argument one way or another. Just curious about what you think the club is envisioning long-term.     

They have been advocates of stretch pricing since they got here. And they have stretched it every year.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #125 on: February 1, 2016, 07:54:46 pm »
Really disgraceful
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #126 on: February 1, 2016, 08:04:50 pm »
Just awful. Anyone who finds themselves defending the club over this have a word with yourself.
defending the club over what?

Until tomorrow we don't actually know what is happening,we should wait before condemning anyone.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #127 on: February 1, 2016, 08:06:03 pm »
All for SOS releasing a statement and keeping the communication with the fans. But without any real details, there really isn't any comment that can be made.

It's all scaremongering and worst case scenario right now.

That being said. Any substantial ticket rises outside of the corporate seating is not going to go down well. Especially at a time where we are not competing at the top table.

On top of all the downright cruel 'random; ticket check sweeps and poor stadium management we're in for tough times ahead

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #128 on: February 1, 2016, 08:16:34 pm »
How do the German clubs keep their ticket prices so low and still turnover a profit? Maybe worth looking into and proposing a similar model to the club? (If not already done so)

From a business point of view I could understand a small increase while the new stand is being built. That said from a fans view it's already too expensive! Average ticket price is £40-£50. We have three games a week currently.

Some pockets of fans to blame for this too. Obviously a market out there for the club to increase the prices and know you'll get some Tom, dick or Harry pay the price to watch us!
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: February 1, 2016, 08:17:42 pm »
You think new owners who part with better than £500 mil to buy the club will lower ticket prices?

Well I'm certainly never getting to many games under these. So what's the alternative? Hope we get relegated, everyone fucks off and we start again?

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #130 on: February 1, 2016, 08:20:02 pm »
Remember some numbers for tomorrow when the prices are announced.

£1m a year would be the cost to start us on a five year journey to acceptable pricing.

Next season the owners get an extra £40m from the new TV deal over and above anything they have this season, not including any increases in sponsorships and commercial deals.

£1m of that £40m is 2.5%.

£1m is a player on less than £20k a week.

In 2014 (last accounts) LFC generated £255m in revenues - LFC will probably be generating more than £320m in the 2016/17 season.

£1m is 0.31% of turnover.

Remember these numbers.

Graham, I've probably missed something but can you tell me what the £1m a year figure refers to?

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: February 1, 2016, 08:23:50 pm »
Graham, I've probably missed something but can you tell me what the £1m a year figure refers to?

£1m a year could have been the start of a journey over a period of time to reduce prices to something reasonable. No one was expecting it to happen in one go.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: February 1, 2016, 08:24:35 pm »
£1m a year could have been the start of a journey over a period of time to reduce prices to something reasonable. No one was expecting it to happen in one go.
but the 70% of tickets at £30 was?

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: February 1, 2016, 08:25:34 pm »
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: February 1, 2016, 08:28:46 pm »
Was what?
£1m a year? Not all at one go?

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: February 1, 2016, 08:30:24 pm »
£1m a year? Not all at one go?

I'm not following you - once the numbers are out you will see the structured negotiation from the supporters and how it could have panned out.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: February 1, 2016, 08:36:18 pm »
I'm not following you - once the numbers are out you will see the structured negotiation from the supporters and how it could have panned out.
You basically said that no one expected the £1M to be done in one go but have said nothing to suggest you weren't expecting the club to instantly drop prices to £30 for 70% of the ground

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: February 1, 2016, 08:37:48 pm »
you talk about knocking. £2.50 a ticket with the £1m yet want 70% of the ground to be £30??

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: February 1, 2016, 08:44:10 pm »

But if I'm right £1m per year would be approx 50k per league game which would only mean a reduction of a couple of quid per ticket at most. Is that all you were asking  for?

Offline ripsaw19

• Kopite
« Reply #139 on: February 1, 2016, 08:48:59 pm »
Waiting for tomorrow to say exactly what I think but on the current information, this is an absolute disgrace from the club.
Shite prices = shite atmosphere. Maybe the owners think Anfield's bouncing every week because they only come over for the huge games. Tell Henry to come and sit (yes I said sit if the twat of a steward from 304 is reading) on the Kop during a league game against Blackpool (or similar) and he may have a rethink
The 'Anfield experience' that they're trying to milk is disappearing. Once it's gone completely, good luck trying to shift tickets to day trippers.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2016, 08:50:37 pm by ripsaw19 »
ST Waiting List Position - 1556

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #140 on: February 1, 2016, 08:51:51 pm »
You're all moaning but the matchgoers in here will still go at the weekend.

Only way change comes about is if the fans vote with their feet. There's a derby coming up in the next couple of months. Boycott it. A half empty stadium for a televised game sends a message.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: February 1, 2016, 08:54:45 pm »
Not asking other parts of the ground to subsidise the 70% of reasonably priced affordable seats - saying that the Club's revenues as a whole and their complete business model should be applied to create the position that tickets become affordable - and no one was saying do it in one massive jump.

£1m next season would have started the journey.

20,000 seats could have been reduced in price for all league games by £2.50 a match or £47.50 a season. That's an example - you can play with the numbers.

That's exactly what you were asking. Why would you even mention the 70% figure otherwise?

Obviously any solution has to be profitable for the club and that 30% subsidising the rest was SOS's attempt at doing that. I can understand that, however I can't understand the demonising of the clubs approach when yours is just a more extreme version of the same idea.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: February 1, 2016, 08:55:12 pm »
You're all moaning but the matchgoers in here will still go at the weekend.

Only way change comes about is if the fans vote with their feet. There's a derby coming up in the next couple of months. Boycott it. A half empty stadium for a televised game sends a message.

If regular match goers don't go, their place will just be taken by day trippers who spend more money, which is what the club wants.

Even under H&G we couldn't organise a proper boycott
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: February 1, 2016, 08:55:56 pm »
If regular match goers don't go, their place will just be taken by day trippers, which is what the club wants.

Even under H&G we couldn't organise a proper boycott

How does that happen if the season ticket holders don't go?

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: February 1, 2016, 08:56:54 pm »

Half of the season ticket holders in anfield don't even care to sing YNWA, they're not gonna waste £50+ on not going to a game unfortunately
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: February 1, 2016, 08:58:58 pm »
Half of the season ticket holders in anfield don't even care to sing YNWA, they're not gonna waste £50+ on not going to a game unfortunately

Which is my point. Matchgoers will piss and moan but they'll still pay and turn up. So you can't blame the owners for continuing to increase prices. As long as people are prepared to pay then that's what they'll do.

Offline ripsaw19

• Kopite
« Reply #146 on: February 1, 2016, 08:59:23 pm »
ST Holders will feel that they've spent the money anyway so why not go as the club won't give a shit if they're not there as they already have the cash. If the ST holders get a refund on their ticket, the club re-sells and makes more money.
I can't see how a ST holder can win to be honest as they'll lose out either way
ST Waiting List Position - 1556

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: February 1, 2016, 09:00:39 pm »
ST Holders will feel that they've spent the money anyway so why not go as the club won't give a shit if they're not there as they already have the cash. If the ST holders get a refund on their ticket, the club re-sells and makes more money.
I can't see how a ST holder can win to be honest as they'll lose out either way

They'll give a shit if the stadiums half full for a televised game. It's horrendous publicity.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: February 1, 2016, 09:02:26 pm »

Mate, we tried boycotts when the two shithouses were in charge and the majority didn't give a fuck. They just stood on the sidelines and gawped at us as we marched in protest. The numbers will never be big enough because there far too much apathy. Not enough are willing to pay for a ticket and not turn up so forget it.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: February 1, 2016, 09:02:40 pm »
Which is my point. Matchgoers will piss and moan but they'll still pay and turn up. So you can't blame the owners for continuing to increase prices. As long as people are prepared to pay then that's what they'll do.

You absolutely can blame the owners, they're greedy, uncaring c*nts.

That's like saying we deserved to go into administration and get fucked by H&G because we couldn't boycott then.

Online Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #150 on: February 1, 2016, 09:06:12 pm »
There's some people in here that are like them guys employed by Russia/North Korea/Saddam's Iraq who are paid to sit on message boards and stick up for the bad guys :lmao

I was considering going again next season, assuming some of the blerts would go off to the new main stand. Not a chance if prices go up.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: February 1, 2016, 09:07:59 pm »

You can fucking blame them. People paying and turning up because it's a huge part of their life doesn't mean you can't blame the owners for continually increasing prices. Don't go down that road.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: February 1, 2016, 09:08:09 pm »
It's already stupid money and has priced me out of cup games. Just can't justify it. If prices go up I don't know if I can justify retaining the seasie either.

Online Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #153 on: February 1, 2016, 09:11:42 pm »

Can't blame the dealers for flooding the streets with heroin, it's the fault of those damn desperate junkies.

I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #154 on: February 1, 2016, 09:13:28 pm »
I said a few years ago that as soon as the KOP goes over £50, im done with the league games. Looks like there will be 2 extra seats available in the members sale next year. Well done LFC.

I wouldn't mind, but we're not even a decent team. We're actually pretty crap, with a squad full of over paid players who are mainly losers. Not like we have Suarez, Torres, Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano, Reina, Carra, Agger, Hyypia etc is it? We're not stroking it around like Barcelona with world class players on show are we? Paying up to £70 to watch Ibe run into his man again, watch Mignolet drop another ball or Lallana pirouette himself to death? Nah thanks.

Utter joke we are!
« Last Edit: February 1, 2016, 09:22:30 pm by Always_A_Red »
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline hawkwind

• Anny Roader
« Reply #155 on: February 1, 2016, 09:13:31 pm »
Take time off work to buy tickets, take time off work to go to the game, all the time I'm losing money whilst ticket prices increase.
I only earn 20k a year before tax etc with a mortgage wife and family and its now looking ever more like this may be my final year.

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: February 1, 2016, 09:28:39 pm »
Paddy power is loaded and going to pay us all in.

Offline YayaP

• Is John McEnroe.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #157 on: February 1, 2016, 09:36:10 pm »
Only the begnning: https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/02/27/many-red-sox-ticket-holders-fleeing-now/S2HwrcNSX6D4Iuqa4G8PLN/story.html

Who attends seems to matter very little to them. They'll just cycle through the list. The community aspect is only worth what they can sell it for.
"I belong to a special club, I live with special people, this is a privilege, this is pure happiness." -Gerard Houllier

“When they start talking and talking about us, it shows they are worried about playing Liverpool,” - Rafa Benitez

Offline the BIG fella

• Kopite
  • What We Achieve in Life, Echoes in Eternity
    • The RUSH Band - Manchester Live Wedding and Corporate Band UK
« Reply #158 on: February 1, 2016, 09:38:26 pm »
A massive oppotrtunity missed. Interested to know what my main stand season ticket will be next season then, I'm 10 rows behind the directors box!
To book bands and live music visit
http://www.bandtube.co.uk

Equally if you need an amazing band for any Wedding or Event
The RUSH Band
http://www.therushband.co.uk
Listen - https://soundcloud.com/therushband

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #159 on: February 1, 2016, 09:41:46 pm »
Its fucked!...but then again in a country where big business not only free, but encouraged to 'maximise profit' at the cost to the cultural imperative , what else should we expect....look how British Popular music has become gentrified in the interests of consumerism....Working Class  football has gone the same way....the only answer is to fight and revolt...but you need unity and quite simply the Liverpool fan base is not unified in the way it was thirty odd years ago....for every passionate fan who would voice or act in protest there are 10 who will pay the cost and take the ticket.

For me personally... I never thought the day would come... if a  Kop St hit £1,000 I'm out...so what have I got left...5 ...6 years?

In the early 1980's I was unemployed for three years...one year I done every fucking game on the dole, home and away...now thirty years on I have a well paid job , but cant afford to go to cup games at home! never mind away games..I've being outpriced from my life!