Author Topic: Electronic E-Cigs - My Experience  (Read 35402 times)

Offline paul211b

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Electronic E-Cigs - My Experience
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2016, 10:42:37 am »
Yeah, I was in the same boat mate. So many models on the market these days, I didnl;t know where to start. I just took the plunge with a starter kit and it's working well. Once you've tried one, you'll have a better idea of what you're after, as everyone is different and has different needs and preferences.
You could always find your nearest vape shop and just go in and try a few different models. You could try some different juices while you're at it. You won't regret it.

By all means try different juices in the vape shops but do not buy them.  Found the prices that they charge are crazy £5 for 10ml.  Sign up to a few home brew sites.  They show you how to make your own juice.  You can also buy from these users that have online shops.  I pay £8 for 100ml .6mg.  Red slush, Heisenburg, Pinkman etc. etc. 
Tried some strange ones over the last year, unicon milk, boob juice, devils blood.  Very hard to see what the actual flavour is with the names.
Edit - Stay away from Jam on Toast its as disgusting as it sounds, tasted like burnt toast. 

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2016, 07:15:49 pm »
By all means try different juices in the vape shops but do not buy them.  Found the prices that they charge are crazy £5 for 10ml.  Sign up to a few home brew sites.  They show you how to make your own juice.  You can also buy from these users that have online shops.  I pay £8 for 100ml .6mg.  Red slush, Heisenburg, Pinkman etc. etc. 
Tried some strange ones over the last year, unicon milk, boob juice, devils blood.  Very hard to see what the actual flavour is with the names.
Edit - Stay away from Jam on Toast its as disgusting as it sounds, tasted like burnt toast. 
£8 for 100ml, that's a very good price. Amy chance you could post a link to the website you use?
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline paul211b

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2016, 08:49:36 pm »
£8 for 100ml, that's a very good price. Amy chance you could post a link to the website you use?

It's someone I found on a homebrew website I message him. On facebook. There are loads of them I can send you their pages if you want.  Most are 10 for 100ml but if you buy 500ml it's £40.  Free delivery.

Offline paul211b

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2016, 08:54:23 pm »
On Facebook the group is called ukvt homebrew juice.  Can't work out how to paste the link.  There are loads of people buying juice for good prices.

Offline paul211b

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2016, 08:56:31 pm »
Also used to get from here but found somewhere cheaper still good juice though.
http://www.titsauce.co.uk

Offline paul211b

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2016, 09:00:40 pm »
http://www.darkstarvapour.co.uk another one people rate.
35% off using code DS35TFA

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2016, 10:42:15 pm »
Cheers Paul. Not on facebook so I'll give those other sites a try
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2016, 07:16:39 am »
Anyone tried this?

http://www.jacvapour.com/clear-steam-real-tobacco-lite-e-liquid-uk-made

I don't use an e-cig but I'm looking at getting one for an holiday, this liquid apparently produces no smoke and it may be useful... ;)

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: September 29, 2016, 09:59:55 am »
Anyone tried this?

I don't use an e-cig but I'm looking at getting one for an holiday, this liquid apparently produces no smoke and it may be useful... ;)

I'd imagine that will be very harsh on your throat as it is all PG (Propylene Glyco). Especially if you go for a high nicotine content one like a 18mg or 24mg. I find it hard to believe there will be zero vape. Certainly will produce a lot less than the PG and VG mixes. But I have no tried it as I am not really partial to the tobacco flavours.

It is worth popping into a shop and asking them to let you try a couple of flavours.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline paul211b

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2016, 10:18:31 am »
I'd imagine that will be very harsh on your throat as it is all PG (Propylene Glyco). Especially if you go for a high nicotine content one like a 18mg or 24mg. I find it hard to believe there will be zero vape. Certainly will produce a lot less than the PG and VG mixes. But I have no tried it as I am not really partial to the tobacco flavours.

It is worth popping into a shop and asking them to let you try a couple of flavours.

One of the cheap airlines were selling an e-cig on the plane (not sure if they still do) but this was "smoke" free, god knows what they put in that.

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2016, 10:39:26 am »
One of the cheap airlines were selling an e-cig on the plane (not sure if they still do) but this was "smoke" free, god knows what they put in that.

They are this type of thing - https://www.nicorette.co.uk/products/inhalator

No batteries and nothing is being heated. I have not used one but I imagine it is basically a 'sponge/filter type thing' soaked in liquid nicotine.

The stuff Claire posted is just vapour liquid but solely PG rather than a PG/VG mix which is what most liquid on the market is.

Basically 70/30 VG mix will give you a lot more vapour and a smoother hit on your throat. The more PG you have in the mix then the less vapour you'll get and more of a stronger hit on your throat.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2016, 10:52:59 am »
I've never been a regular smoker (one of those annoying social ones) but I'd recommend the Arch Mini on totallywicked. Always gives me a good hit, although I haven't used it for a few months now as I broke the glass.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2016, 11:25:42 am »

I'd only go for the lowest nicotine. I went into a shop and the man laughed at me and said it was 'impossible' for there to be no vape :( I guess the only way I'd know is to get it and try.

they do some other flavours in the clear steam; banana milkshake, vanilla, and menthol I think. Only one I'd possibly try is the menthol, the others sound disgusting.

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2016, 12:42:26 pm »
I'd only go for the lowest nicotine. I went into a shop and the man laughed at me and said it was 'impossible' for there to be no vape :( I guess the only way I'd know is to get it and try.

Yeah it is just less vape on account of it being purely a PG liquid. When you see people blowing out great plumes of white vapour they will be vaping a high VG content mix and have a powerful battery. Bit of a cock for laughing at you mind.

I don't like the really sweet flavours. They get a bit sickly. I exclusively use this - http://www.vapeclub.co.uk/vampire-vape-e-liquid/heisenberg-e-liquid-by-vampire-vape.html - It is a mildly fruity one with a mentol aftertaste.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: October 5, 2016, 12:54:52 am »
Anyone tried this?

Here's a review of it. Seems to work well once you hold it in for an extra second or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy0FJ-RWcNo

Offline paul211b

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: October 5, 2016, 08:01:13 am »
My Kanger Sub Box mini is now dead.  The thread on top no longer takes tanks they don't screw in, has served me well the last year.

Just received my replacement a Joyetech Cuboid.  Much better than the Kanger, 2 batteries and goes to 150W (200W with firmware update) who vapes that high?  Does other stuff I don't understand. there are settings for temperature, can lock the Ohms and different modes for different type of coil metals.  All for £30 delivered on Amazon. 

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: October 5, 2016, 10:44:19 am »
Here's a review of it. Seems to work well once you hold it in for an extra second or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy0FJ-RWcNo

Interesting, cheers mate, watching that video has made me realise that I can't do this vaping lark... everytime I see someone with one I think they look dead daft ;D think I'll go with the nicorette chewies!

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: October 5, 2016, 01:39:43 pm »
Interesting, cheers mate, watching that video has made me realise that I can't do this vaping lark... everytime I see someone with one I think they look dead daft ;D think I'll go with the nicorette chewies!
haha yeah, know what you mean. I'm still a bit paranoid about doing it in public, especially with the one I have which looks like I'm sucking on a light saber. Been looking at a few smaller ones that fit in the hand better and are a bit more discreet.

Offline trinityroad

• Main Stander
« Reply #98 on: October 5, 2016, 04:39:24 pm »
Lads they are very common in public now. I see them all the time. I've even had teenagers come up and ask me for a go on mine.

Over one year smoke free for me. It is probably time to think about stopping vaping now, or at least limiting its use.

These things are amazing.

Current set up: Kanger Kbox 160w, Nautilus Aspire tank, 1.6ohm coils. E-Liquid is blueberry from my local shop.

Offline trinityroad

• Main Stander
« Reply #99 on: October 5, 2016, 04:44:30 pm »

they do some other flavours in the clear steam; banana milkshake, vanilla, and menthol I think. Only one I'd possibly try is the menthol, the others sound disgusting.

Banana Milkshake is lovely.

Does anyone use Element E-Liquid?

http://www.elementeliquids.com

You can get them for a tenner each or maybe even cheaper if you shop around. It is premium tasting stuff with a smooth hit. Five Pawns is meant to be good but that's really expensive, I might buy myself some as a Christmas present.

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: October 5, 2016, 04:50:57 pm »
Does anyone use Element E-Liquid?

I have in the past. I have some tangerine and some strawberry. They are incredibly strong flavours compared to some of the other liquids I have used. I don’t use them now because the ones I have are VG heavy ones and I prefer now the PG ones. To be honest all I use now is Heisenberg.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: October 18, 2016, 12:37:43 pm »
Fair enough mate, looks quite sleek but I'm more fond of the longer ones (although I understand they're not as good/reliable as these).

Well a year later and I've had a couple of the big bulky ones. I've just gone from this to this one: http://www.vapourlites.com/innokin-coolfire-iv-plus-isub-g-kit-70w.html

Highly recommend it. I was looking for something that could handle a higher wattage, and be a bit more powerful, and I think I've hit the sweet spot with it now.

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #102 on: October 18, 2016, 01:09:59 pm »

Nicorette chewies careful. They make you fart like nothing else on the planet and the stench is unbelievable. Honestly and seriously. I think theres something in them to make them so smelly. Usually one can tolerate ones own farts to a greater or lesser degree, but not these. Its chemical warfare and even my cat avoided my lap whilst I was on them.

I think the chewing adds the air but theres some chemical in them my wife told me that makes them super super super stenchy.

You seem far too nice and proper to be followed around by mustard gas.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: November 11, 2016, 01:21:21 pm »
I gone and dun it. I told myself years ago if I ever start coughing up phlegm regularly I'd have to knock it on the head, so here goes. Mind-boggling array of choices so I just read reviews for best starter kits/best tobacco liquid. Read a couple reviews and bought myself Inokin Endura T22 starter kit with Black Note Sonata tobacco liquid. I also bought the highest nicotine content, at least to start with, since I smoke about 10-15 a day atm. Will not try not go too silly on it. Let's see what happens.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 01:23:00 pm by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: November 11, 2016, 01:24:15 pm »
I gone and dun it. I told myself years ago if I ever start coughing up phlegm regularly I'd have to knock it on the head, so here goes. Mind-boggling array of choices so I just read reviews for best starter kits/best tobacco liquid. Read a couple reviews and bought myself Inokin Endura T22 starter kit with Black Note Sonata tobacco liquid. I also bought the highest nicotine content, at least to start with, since I smoke about 10-15 a day atm. Will not try not go too silly on it. Let's see what happens.

Good luck mate.

I deffo feel better for switching to e-cigs. Really noticeable with exercise and just general life.

Probably kill me in some other unexpected way but hey ho ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #105 on: November 11, 2016, 04:25:59 pm »
I have no idea why on earth I persisted with tobacco flavoured liquids for so long. Literally no idea. Seems so odd now!

My new fave is Blueberry, I have a red bull flavoured one to try this eve which should be fun ;D ;D ;D

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #106 on: November 11, 2016, 05:06:35 pm »
I never get tobacco flavour now. Recent flavours include:
Wine gums
Heisenberg
Fruit circles
Rhubarb and custard
Strawberry menthol
Cherry menthol
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: November 11, 2016, 06:51:24 pm »
I have no idea why on earth I persisted with tobacco flavoured liquids for so long. Literally no idea. Seems so odd now!

My new fave is Blueberry, I have a red bull flavoured one to try this eve which should be fun ;D ;D ;D
Haha yeah, same here. I can't stand tobacco flavour now that my taste buds are coming back to life. I think this is pretty common.
I've tried a lot of shite flavours before I found some that I really liked. I like the fruity ones with a bit of creaminess going on.

Puffing on some Cosmic Fog Sonset today (a purée of Japanese Nashi pears, French inspired Crème brûlée, and topped off with a generous portion of soft salted caramel). ;D
It's fucking gorgeous. It's pricey but I got a few bottles at half price and it was well worth it.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #108 on: November 11, 2016, 08:47:01 pm »
Haha yeah, same here. I can't stand tobacco flavour now that my taste buds are coming back to life. I think this is pretty common.
I've tried a lot of shite flavours before I found some that I really liked. I like the fruity ones with a bit of creaminess going on.

Puffing on some Cosmic Fog Sonset today (a purée of Japanese Nashi pears, French inspired Crème brûlée, and topped off with a generous portion of soft salted caramel). ;D
It's fucking gorgeous. It's pricey but I got a few bottles at half price and it was well worth it.
Online?

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: November 13, 2016, 02:09:44 am »
Online?
Got it here mate:

http://ecigarettesworld.ie/e-liquids/1308-cosmic-fog-sonset-high-vg-15ml.html

Not sure what the shipping would be to the UK though. You might be able to get it cheaper over there. The prices in Ireland for good juices is ridiculous.

It's £7 for a 15ml bottle from vapeclub.co.uk with free shipping over £20. Might be a cheaper option for you.

http://www.vapeclub.co.uk/cosmic-fog-vapours-eliquid/sonset-highvg-by-cosmic-fog.html

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2016, 04:36:59 am »
If people are after cheap vape juice then One Pound eLiquid is actually really good: http://www.onepoundeliquid.com/all-e-liquid.html

£1 per 10ml bottle, I've tried most of the flavours on the site and whilst some a big misses these are really good:

Grape
Heisenberg
Heisenberg Cloud
Menthol (the entire 'mint' range really)

Depending on your taste, these too:
Lemon Sherbet
Strawberry & Lime
Strawberry Menthol
Passion Fruit

Note I only buy 3MG strength, these are all very smooth. Others are either harsh or taste gash.

:wave
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 04:39:56 am by Kashinoda »
:D

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2016, 04:40:11 pm »
Cheers Kash, I'll give them a try.

Been spending far too much on liquids since I got into this and must have about 10 bottles here which I'll probably never use, after only 6 weeks or so, most of them just flavours I don't like or cheap crap that's just bad quality.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2016, 12:49:49 pm »
Cheers Kash, I'll give them a try.

Been spending far too much on liquids since I got into this and must have about 10 bottles here which I'll probably never use, after only 6 weeks or so, most of them just flavours I don't like or cheap crap that's just bad quality.

Yeah it's far too easy to spend a fortune vaping, not sure it would be viable for me once you go over £2 for 10ml.

A side note, it's been almost a year since I quit smoking. Can hold my breath for 2 minutes now, used to be 30 seconds when I smoked. Used to swim a lot so a sort of relevant test ;D
:D

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2016, 04:32:04 pm »
Anyone used this - https://www.ukecigstore.com/smok-brit-one-mega-kit.html

Looking for something which isn't bulky and without one of those massive batteries.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 04:36:09 pm by CheshireDave »

Online Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: December 1, 2016, 12:36:17 pm »
Very impressed with mine so far. Haven't smoked since I got it (2 weeks) after 10 years of 5-10+ a day and I haven't had the urge to have a proper fag yet. I have been puffing on it a lot though! This weekend will be a test as I'm going on a pub crawl. Quite looking forward to trying out some flavours now as I've only tried tobacco. Any fan favourites out there? (nothing too sweet/sickly)
« Last Edit: December 1, 2016, 12:38:20 pm by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.

Offline Dublin Red

• Jehova, Jehova, Jehova
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #115 on: December 1, 2016, 01:21:57 pm »
Very impressed with mine so far. Haven't smoked since I got it (2 weeks) after 10 years of 5-10+ a day and I haven't had the urge to have a proper fag yet. I have been puffing on it a lot though! This weekend will be a test as I'm going on a pub crawl. Quite looking forward to trying out some flavours now as I've only tried tobacco. Any fan favourites out there? (nothing too sweet/sickly)

Haven't used one for a good while and back on the fags, but in terms of flavours, just try a few different ones. It's definitely different for everyone.

One's I thought I'd hate I loved. Vanilla custard etc, just try them. They do tend to gunk up the coils a bit more though.
What we achieve in life, echoes in eternity

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: December 1, 2016, 01:54:40 pm »
One's I thought I'd hate I loved. Vanilla custard etc, just try them. They do tend to gunk up the coils a bit more though.

Yeah I find any creamy ones kill the coils, not worth it for me. Shame as I was into my cappucino one ;D

Back on the home bargains quid a pop tobacco flavour now.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: December 1, 2016, 03:46:36 pm »
Haven't used one for a good while and back on the fags, but in terms of flavours, just try a few different ones. It's definitely different for everyone.

Any reason you're back on the fags? I'm hoping I can make a permanent switch to eCigs but I know its very early days and I could end up going back.

Vanilla is a good shout!

How often should I be looking to replace coils?

Online Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: December 1, 2016, 03:52:04 pm »
Note I only buy 3MG strength, these are all very smooth. Others are either harsh or taste gash.

Just spotted this. Not something I'd considered, I suppose it makes sense that it would be rougher/nastier with higher nicotine content.

Do you guys mix your liquids at all? Think something like vanilla/tobacco could work.
« Last Edit: December 1, 2016, 03:54:56 pm by Dench57 »

Offline Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: December 1, 2016, 04:20:57 pm »
Just spotted this. Not something I'd considered, I suppose it makes sense that it would be rougher/nastier with higher nicotine content.

Do you guys mix your liquids at all? Think something like vanilla/tobacco could work.
Coils is up to you, some will say a week, I replace maybe once a month, it depends on how much you puff as to how long they last.
Liquids I have mixed, people rave about Heisen as a liquid, I find it nice, but it can be overpowering and even if the unit is in your pocket, you can still smell the blackcurrant notes, so I have taken to mixing it with apple.
If you haven't tried Heisen, think of those hard blackcurrant/liquorice sweets, with a menthol tinge.
Every man has a dream

Some just can't be spoken of in polite company