Author Topic: Bundesliga Thread  (Read 1067887 times)

Offline warrenpe

• Kopite
Re: Bundesliga Thread
« Reply #2520 on: April 28, 2017, 08:34:19 pm »
Brandt hasn’t been very good so far, but in fairness to him nor have any of his teammates, aside from maybe Volland.

He’s only 20. Timo Werner was the same age last season and often looked dreadful, but he’s gone on to be one of the stars of Bundesliga this season.

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2521 on: April 28, 2017, 08:38:59 pm »
And to think Leverkusen absolutely kicked the shit out of Monaco earlier in the season.
Lyon, Toulouse and Nice also kicked the shit out of Monaco earlier on in the season.

Monaco in 2017 have gone up levels since the early phase of the season.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2522 on: April 28, 2017, 08:42:19 pm »
Haven't seen too much of them recently, any idea what's behind this terrible form?

I honestly don't know! I know they've had injury issues. Bellarabi, Volland, Bender, Tah, Chicharito missing a lot of games between them.

They actually spent a lot in the summer too, and the biggest signing of them all Volland took a long time to get going.

But still, they should have been doing better, they do have a decent squad for sure.

4-0 now.

Well that's a nice goal to be fair, great pass by Brandt to Bellarabi, and a diving header from Kiessling from the cross. 1-4.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 08:58:31 pm by Die Nullfünfer »

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #2523 on: April 28, 2017, 09:10:09 pm »
It's just what Leverkusen do. They look like the dog's bollocks one year then when they're supposed to make the next step they fuck up massively. Change manager and it all starts again. Kießling fits them perfectly. He plays well and scores for fun for a couple of months and then completely vanishes for months...

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2524 on: April 28, 2017, 09:21:17 pm »
and that's the end of that, wow, looking at the faces of those Bayer players. 

Schalke though, not far off those Europa spots now. I'd like them to make it, I like Markus Weinzierl and Christian Heidel, I want them to succeed there.

Offline warrenpe

• Kopite
« Reply #2525 on: April 29, 2017, 02:31:36 pm »
Three ex-BVB players in the Cologne team to face Dortmund today - Subotic, Bittencourt and Jojic. Should be a game of contrasting styles. 

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2526 on: April 29, 2017, 02:45:45 pm »
so strange seeing Subotic playing against them!  He's had such a rough time with injuries, I wonder where he'll go in the summer, hopefully he stays fit the end of this season and can get a move.

Auba looks in the mood today.

Damn, almost an own goal by Subotic there  :o  Rough start for him and Köln.  This is very one sided.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2527 on: April 29, 2017, 03:17:34 pm »
After a very one sided 15 mins, this game settled down to be pretty even, Köln missing 2 very good opportunities, but Reus probably could have done better after a great run and cross from Auba. 0-0 at half time

Darmstadt are still battling, 1-0 vs Freiburg. Mainz losing at home to Gladbach  :no

And Bremen still strolling along nicely, 2-0 up Hertha. Leipzig being held at home so far vs Ingolstadt.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2528 on: April 29, 2017, 03:22:38 pm »
As Jekyll and Hyde Schalke can be, they've done well to get themselves back into the upper half of the table. But then again, there is Werder, who amazingly could end up with a European spot at season's end, despite being horrendous at the beginning of the season. If Nagelsmann is my Bundesliga manager of the year, then Nouri should be runner-up. And then there is plucky Freiburg, who are still in sixth despite a -14 GD  before today's game with Darmstadt :lmao

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2529 on: April 29, 2017, 03:32:11 pm »
hertha in 5th place are 13 points from the relegation zone, what a wank league.

There are some wonderful players dotted around some relatively big named teams in Germany. But Leipzig and Hoffenheim aside, the league has been in disarray this season
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2530 on: April 29, 2017, 03:33:39 pm »
When are Dortmund playing this weekend?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2531 on: April 29, 2017, 03:35:39 pm »
When are Dortmund playing this weekend?

right now, vs Köln, 0-0 after 48 mins.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2532 on: April 29, 2017, 03:36:41 pm »
right now, vs Köln, 0-0 after 48 mins.

Thanks for that. How's he got them playing this time, another experiment?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2533 on: April 29, 2017, 03:38:56 pm »
As Jekyll and Hyde Schalke can be, they've done well to get themselves back into the upper half of the table. But then again, there is Werder, who amazingly could end up with a European spot at season's end, despite being horrendous at the beginning of the season. If Nagelsmann is my Bundesliga manager of the year, then Nouri should be runner-up. And then there is plucky Freiburg, who are still in sixth despite a -14 GD  before today's game with Darmstadt :lmao

This is why I wanted Schalke to go through in the Europa, cos as up and down they have been, when they play well, they really do put in some strong performances, and if they had one of their good days vs Man Utd if Schalke got to the final, then I'd have far more confidence in them than anyone.

But yeah, the league is all over the place and hugely entertaining for it.   Bremen have been amazing, and for sure after Nagelsmann Nouri deserves a lot of credit.   

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2534 on: April 29, 2017, 03:39:14 pm »
I honestly don't know! I know they've had injury issues. Bellarabi, Volland, Bender, Tah, Chicharito missing a lot of games between them.

They actually spent a lot in the summer too, and the biggest signing of them all Volland took a long time to get going.

Thanks for that.

Shame Darmstadt didn't find this kind of form a couple of months ago. Looks like they're going to make it 3 wins in a row.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2535 on: April 29, 2017, 03:42:19 pm »
Thanks for that. How's he got them playing this time, another experiment?

they started off with what looked like a back four again.  Pulisic is in for Dembele which is fair enough, and Reus playing again, they do look much better for having him in there.

Actually a pretty balanced line up this, with not too much 'why the hell is he playing there' going on :D

They starged great, looked really good, and Köln where looking shaken, but they settled in well, and  the game has been more even.  I still fancy Auba or Reus to stick one in the net though. 

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2536 on: April 29, 2017, 03:44:47 pm »
they started off with what looked like a back four again.  Pulisic is in for Dembele which is fair enough, and Reus playing again, they do look much better for having him in there.

Actually a pretty balanced line up this, with not too much 'why the hell is he playing there' going on :D

They starged great, looked really good, and Köln where looking shaken, but they settled in well, and  the game has been more even.  I still fancy Auba or Reus to stick one in the net though.

Good god has he finally got the message? We can but hope then, finger's crossed for a goal shortly. I do love Reus as a player, very consistent performer.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2537 on: April 29, 2017, 03:50:18 pm »
Good god has he finally got the message? We can but hope then, finger's crossed for a goal shortly. I do love Reus as a player, very consistent performer.

I think TT will always be up for changing things every now and then :D  I think though he has learnt a lot this season for the better and it'll show next season in the league. A balanced squad, and less temptation to experiment like a lunatic every week.

They are dominating posession now.  And Dembele will come on soon to turn the screw.

I love Reus too, he's a fabulous player when he's fit and has a run of games.

And here comes the subs - Dembele for Reus, and Guerreiro for Kagawa.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 03:52:41 pm by Die Nullfünfer »

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2538 on: April 29, 2017, 04:22:13 pm »
Dortmund vs Köln game ended 0-0, bit of a sedate 2nd half, it wasn't till 91st minute that Horn had to make a good save.   For all the posession, BVB created very little and Köln where pretty comfortable without attacking hardly at all 2nd half.

After their midweek battle vs Bayern maybe not a surprise that they where flat today.  Crowd was really flat too.

It does mean Hoffenheim have a chance to go back to 3rd tomorrow.

Leipzig held at home vs Ingolstadt - still a couple mins left in that one.  And Darmstadt stuff Freiburg 3-0.

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2539 on: April 29, 2017, 04:23:37 pm »
If Bayern win later do they win the title
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2540 on: April 29, 2017, 04:24:11 pm »
I would like Hoffenheim to finish in 3rd. I think Dortmund would be more likely to win a qualifier, Hoffenheim are losing 2 of their better players and more will likely follow.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2541 on: April 29, 2017, 04:28:05 pm »
I would like Hoffenheim to finish in 3rd. I think Dortmund would be more likely to win a qualifier, Hoffenheim are losing 2 of their better players and more will likely follow.

yeah true that, Dortmund would be ok, cos they'll have an even stronger team than they already have going into the season.

I'm intersted to see how Hoffenheim strengthen in the summer cos they are going to have to to deal with Europe too, and losing those two players is already putting them on the back foot.

But of course, the biggest issue is making sure they keep their coach!

So cool there in Dortmund the reception the Yellow Wall gave Neven Subotic  :wellin

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2542 on: April 29, 2017, 04:29:59 pm »
If Bayern win later do they win the title

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2543 on: April 29, 2017, 04:30:10 pm »
yes they do

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2544 on: April 29, 2017, 04:34:39 pm »
An Augsburg win over HSV tomorrow takes the Bavarians out of the relegation zone. They could leap over Wolfsburg if they don't beat Bayern today.

Offline warrenpe

• Kopite
« Reply #2545 on: April 29, 2017, 05:00:01 pm »
yeah true that, Dortmund would be ok, cos they'll have an even stronger team than they already have going into the season.
They might find it difficult to replace Aubameyang if he leaves. They had a torrid time trying to replace Lewandowski a few years back, although to be fair Bayern would probably find it tough to replace Lewandowski now, even with their superior wealth and drawing power.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2546 on: April 29, 2017, 05:03:46 pm »
They might find it difficult to replace Aubameyang if he leaves. They had a torrid time trying to replace Lewandowski a few years back, although to be fair Bayern would probably find it tough to replace Lewandowski now, even with their superior wealth and drawing power.

I may be well off here, but I actually think there is a good chance he will stay. Unless of course the club of his dreams (real!) come in for him. Although I guess I could see him going to Manchester City, just cos they'll pay him an outrageous wage that Dortmund could never and would never match and they'd pay Dortmund an outrageous fee for him, and BVB aren't afraid of losing players.

They need one new striker regardless, and of course, 2 new ones if he goes .

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2547 on: April 29, 2017, 06:08:44 pm »
League pretty much done and dusted for Bayern, 2-0 up in the 37th, Lewa with the 2nd goal.

Wolfsburg are still in a whole lot of trouble.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2548 on: April 29, 2017, 06:21:05 pm »
Given if we do qualify for the champions league through 4th we could be unseeded in the qualifiers I'd be much happier with Dortmund not being one of those possibilities.

Offline warrenpe

• Kopite
« Reply #2549 on: April 29, 2017, 06:56:24 pm »
Robben does the Robben thing for Bayern's fourth.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2550 on: April 29, 2017, 06:59:59 pm »
Given if we do qualify for the champions league through 4th we could be unseeded in the qualifiers I'd be much happier with Dortmund not being one of those possibilities.

Good point.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2551 on: April 29, 2017, 07:10:26 pm »
Wolfsburg have completely lost the plot. 5-0 down. Down to 10 men, Gustavo sent off, and his reaction to be being sent off was quite something  ;D
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 07:12:24 pm by Die Nullfünfer »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2552 on: April 29, 2017, 07:13:49 pm »
Wolfsburg are still in a whole lot of trouble.

Yep. Their GD is taking a hammering. On paper their schedule is less difficult than the likes of Augsburg, but Mainz could get some points out of their remaining trio of games

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2553 on: April 29, 2017, 07:21:39 pm »
Yep. Their GD is taking a hammering. On paper their schedule is less difficult than the likes of Augsburg, but Mainz could get some points out of their remaining trio of games

that goal difference after today   :o

Not that Augsburg need insentive, but they get a win tomorrow, that's huge, but Augsburg do have to play Hoffenheim and Dortmund still, so that's going to be really tough for them.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2554 on: April 29, 2017, 07:47:10 pm »
27th League Championship for Bayern
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline warrenpe

• Kopite
« Reply #2555 on: April 30, 2017, 08:42:17 am »
Allan put in a good performance for Hertha yesterday by all accounts, although they did lose. He only seems to be playing because Lustenberger and Stark are both injured, but it's good experience for him. Certainly won't do his price tag any harm if we do end up having to flog him.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2556 on: April 30, 2017, 12:28:03 pm »
Allan put in a good performance for Hertha yesterday by all accounts, although they did lose. He only seems to be playing because Lustenberger and Stark are both injured, but it's good experience for him. Certainly won't do his price tag any harm if we do end up having to flog him.

good to know he's at least getting some playing time now at the end of the season  8)  Wouldn't be surprised if he is moved on in the summer really.

Todays games:

FC Augsburg vs Hamburger
Hoffenheim vs Eintracht Frankfurt

That's a big game for Augsburg and Hamburger - chance for one of them to get distance from Ingolstadt and also leapfrog Wolfsburg and Mainz, and away from the playoff spot.

And a chance for Hoffenheim to go back to 3rd with a win.

Offline warrenpe

• Kopite
« Reply #2557 on: April 30, 2017, 03:32:00 pm »
Hamburg’s third-choice keeper, Mickel, whose existence I was unaware of before today, performed some heroics early on but couldn’t stop them going two down by half-time. Gregoritsch should have been red-carded for a horrible foul. Hamburg v Mainz next weekend is going to be huge.

1860 Munich lost earlier, which leaves them in the relegation play-off spot. Ayre was in the stands, holding forth to the 1860 owner. Only saw the last 15 minutes but they don’t seem to be a bad side. Apparently they were awful before Christmas but made some decent signings in January.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2558 on: April 30, 2017, 03:52:15 pm »
Bit of a mad job that Ayre has taken on innit :D  I admire him for doing something a bit different mind!

Only got in now, so just catching the end of Augsburg game, looks like it'll be a huge win for them.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2559 on: April 30, 2017, 04:03:30 pm »
Massive result for Augsburg if stays like this. It's going to make the relegation playoff spot fight very interesting

Bit of a mad job that Ayre has taken on innit :D  I admire him for doing something a bit different mind!

Always thought it was ridiculous job for him to take. They've hovered around relegation the last few seasons. They still have to play Dynamo and Heidenheim away.