Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1759618 times)

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Let's Improve the Atmosphere at Anfield (split from Fortress Anfield)
« Reply #7960 on: April 23, 2017, 11:56:37 pm »
Was so, so quiet today. Could tell it would be bad by the number of people on the kop clapping at the end of the first verse of YNWA. The number of fans who do nothing but shout every so often about how shit a player/ we are is fucking embarrasing. Why pay to go if that is your attitude?

And the number of people streaming out on 84 minutes from the Kop says a lot, no belief- whats the point in them being there?

Offline Kop307

• Bets against Liverpool. "I could be talking utter fucking shit".
  • Kopite
« Reply #7961 on: April 24, 2017, 12:02:39 am »
Yet when the team is playing away fans give their unconditional support to the team, win draw or lose.  Of course the team need to do their part as well, but it's no excuse for fans screaming abuse at the players, which is what was happening today. If we really want to get something out of life, then we also need to give something into it. The point is if we'd been playing a big team, there would have been a far better atmosphere.

If we'd have been playing a big team our performance would have been better, therefore the atmosphere would have been better.

Chicken, egg.

Please don't compare our away support to the support at Anfield. It's a completely different subject.
There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #7962 on: April 24, 2017, 12:25:34 am »
Clapping an opposition striker who scored twice against us off because he toiled for us for a season

Fuck off.

Yeah I actually like Benteke as a person and as a player (if we had owners truly interested in winning he wouldn't have been sold) but this pissed me off big time because its the first thing I heard from most people around me all second half

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #7963 on: April 24, 2017, 12:28:23 am »
I couldn't believe the number of people who were leaving plain embarrassing, still ten minutes to go.

Just dont understand it. I didn't believe we were going to equalise today but while there's only one goal in it you stay until the end.

Offline Day1983

• Main Stander
« Reply #7964 on: April 24, 2017, 02:31:36 am »
Clapping an opposition striker who scored twice against us off because he toiled for us for a season and then clapping their no-mark goalkeeper off at the end?

Fuck off.

I hate this, I nearly got into a scap a few years ago in the paddock for having a go at people for clapping heskey off. They hadn't made any noise to support the team all game, the only noise they made was to moan. Then they all get up in to cheer heskey off :no

We are too nice and seem to attract all sorts of gimps.

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
  • "We have dreams and songs to sing"
« Reply #7965 on: April 24, 2017, 03:21:22 am »
Yet when the team is playing away fans give their unconditional support to the team, win draw or lose.  Of course the team need to do their part as well, but it's no excuse for fans screaming abuse at the players, which is what was happening today. If we really want to get something out of life, then we also need to give something into it. The point is if we'd been playing a big team, there would have been a far better atmosphere.
Yep, especially away to Stoke where we were as bad as we've been in any game this season, yet the support was unconditional and no doubt helped the team.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #7966 on: April 24, 2017, 04:13:33 am »
Sounded shite today (no surprise) but when you see the amount of moaners and so called supporters on here then it's no surprise that is what is the norm at Anfield these days.
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7967 on: April 24, 2017, 07:29:18 am »
I am fed up of people at home games moaning and basically sitting in silence for the duration of the match. Not just that even when people do speak it's only to moan about players. I get the impression when someone doesn't like a player (I noticed this with someone sitting near me towards origi today) they said "oh come on you do something", but when it is someone like Coutinho they never moaned about him once. They need the fans support at home games not constant moaning. Also I'd love to know why people buy half and half scarves.

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7968 on: April 24, 2017, 08:27:47 am »
One of the worst ever yesterday,to think a win would have seen us odds on for champions league.not helped by a half time that seemed to go on for ever inc the usual shite entertainment?????
& to cap it all off the F****n  theme from Neighbours that seemed never ending because Dr Karl was making his yearly visit....

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #7969 on: April 24, 2017, 11:09:59 am »
Clapping an opposition striker who scored twice against us off because he toiled for us for a season and then clapping their no-mark goalkeeper off at the end?

Fuck off.

Yep, fuck off indeed. What was all that about? :no

Ironic that it was the Palace game last season where Klopp gave his "walking alone" speech afterwards.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Chief Brody

• Living the goosed life. Requires explanation. Works on the 110% scale.
  • Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #7970 on: April 24, 2017, 12:03:17 pm »
Just conceded a soft equaliser, crowds dead, half time.

Let's play the entire theme from neighbours because some actors come over.

Bizarre.

And can the club not manage to get fans back to their seats for the kick off in hospitality?
It's like club Wembley. Absolutely awful. Ring a bell or something.

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #7971 on: April 24, 2017, 02:00:13 pm »
Giving former players a good reception (with a few notable exceptions!) has always been a thing that sets us as Liverpool fans apart from other supporters, so I don't see why that should change now or how it spoils the atmosphere.
 I would agree about the numbers of moaners around who do nothing but slag the team/ players/ manager off - speaking to friends who have tickets in various parts of the ground, it would seem that there isn't a seat anywhere that isn't within earshot of a moaner. They were conspicuous by their absence earlier in the season, but since the turn of the year, seem to have sprung up like weeds. Everyone gets frustrated from time to time, but the non-stop abuse of some players is a disgrace. If you hate the team so much - don't come. Give your ticket to someone who will support the team.

Offline Chief Brody

• Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #7972 on: April 24, 2017, 02:05:55 pm »
I dont even think they're happy to be there. It's just habit.

I agree about benteke, I didn't clap but fair enough if others want to. Shows a bit of class.

I'm still annoyed at how poor he was for us, never mind yesterday's brace.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7973 on: April 24, 2017, 04:50:51 pm »
Every game I wander down alongside the centenary stand to my spec in the KOP about 20 mins before KO and the amount of people and clearly day-trippers with kids having selfies with the flash cars parked along there was astonishing. Yesterday seemed even more than the norm

20 mins before KO, ALL the players are warming up and prime fodder for day-trippers and photo takers to get a good look at the team and even take a few snaps.  Hell, i still even like watching the warm-up myself.  But these clowns would rather have their photo taken with Nathaniel Clynes' Bentley, Sturridge's Porsche or whatever.

Get your arse in the ground fucksake and make some noise and maybe even take a few pictures while they warm up if that's what floats ye boat.  Take some pics of the overpaid fuckers flash cars on your way out if your that fucking bothered.

I bet the same clowns were later taking pictures of Yohan Cabaye taking a corner at the KOP end.

Its been said umpteen times but many 'visitors' to Anfield these days just see whats happening on the pitch as a little add-on to a day out.

Offline Chief Brody

• Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #7974 on: April 24, 2017, 05:03:19 pm »
I wonder if the location of the players cars is set to change with the VIP parking section under the new stand.

The clubs not exactly encouraging daytrippers to get into the ground early with the fan park or whatever it is and now the new music stage by the kop.

I don't know who goes to a football game to stand and look at a band playing covers, no disrespect to whoever it is they get to play but its invariably some young band playing beatles covers. Not exactly designed for your local fan is it.

On phones, I think they should be banned while the game is going on.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7975 on: April 24, 2017, 06:07:29 pm »
We've always clapped. It divides sometimes amongst ourselves but it wasn't the reason the shitshow yesterday.

By the way if we were 5-0 up and Benteke scored and went off most of the ground would have clapped. I doubt most in the ground know he used to play for us. It was that sort of crowd.

Near me were a group of 5 Irish lads, with another 5 in front. All together - 10 in total. They were up for it but we had to all sit down in 208 so in the end nothing happened which was depressing.

But 10 together is the main point here. Club bags and photos etc and the classic envelope with all the cards in. These were not members on 15+ credits. I struggle to get 4 in the guaranteed members sale.

The reason those lads had that many tickets AND together is because our own are selling them on. Our own. The 'good' lads.

Can't beat the enemy within.

And strangely the above works both ways because there are loads who've been going for years who should jib it to make way for fresh blood but haven't

Rarely does anyone suggest a catalyst for change that is remotely possible on here and until then - it is what it is.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 06:09:00 pm by davidsteventon »

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7976 on: April 24, 2017, 06:45:48 pm »
I wonder if the location of the players cars is set to change with the VIP parking section under the new stand.

The clubs not exactly encouraging daytrippers to get into the ground early with the fan park or whatever it is and now the new music stage by the kop.

I don't know who goes to a football game to stand and look at a band playing covers, no disrespect to whoever it is they get to play but its invariably some young band playing beatles covers. Not exactly designed for your local fan is it.

You win the internet with that last sentence.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7977 on: April 24, 2017, 06:47:16 pm »

What an excellent idea, I would back that.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7978 on: April 24, 2017, 06:52:45 pm »
What an excellent idea, I would back that.
Took my Grandson yesterday. Took his photo on my phone. Would lamp anyone who told me not to do that. Kop season ticket holder who moans when a player can't fucking pass a ball ten yards but sings my arse off all game. Would I be allowed in your Utopia?

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7979 on: April 24, 2017, 07:15:41 pm »
Took my Grandson yesterday. Took his photo on my phone. Would lamp anyone who told me not to do that. Kop season ticket holder who moans when a player can't fucking pass a ball ten yards but sings my arse off all game. Would I be allowed in your Utopia?

Anyone who sings their heart out would be allowed in my utopia. All I long for at Anfield is an atmosphere.

When I was going back in 2009 I had next to me on regular occasions, numerous groups of people who would spend endless time (including when the match was on) taking photos, leaning over me, asking if I would take a photo of them, and doing anything other than singing, or looking remotely interesting over what was happening on the pitch. By the time you've had six weeks of it, it starts to drive you mad.

Having said that I have nothing against you taking photos of your grandson at the game, as I'm sure you will be showing him how to support this team in a proper manner. At the end of the day I just want an atmosphere, that allows people to get behind the team. Isn't it what most of us want?  :)

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #7980 on: April 24, 2017, 08:16:00 pm »
You could tell it was going to be poor yesterday. Before YNWA there was only one rendition of 'Liiiiiverpooool, Liiiiiverpooool' as the players walked out and just before that everyone around me in 306 seemed perplexed as to why in gods name we were stood there listening to the fuckin theme tune to Neighbours, only to be told its because some shit actor was visiting from Australia.

Moving onto YNWA, it was an 'ok' rendition, but i'm sure I speak for all regulars here when you 'just know' there's gonna be the inevitable series of applause from the hundreds of supporters that STILL don't fuckin realise that we sing the chorus TWICE before we clap! Its infuriating how many of our home support are stood on the KOP clearly unaware of a tradition that has been around for decades!

The 2nd half was as bad as I've heard it to be honest, especially when we went 2-1 down. Imagine my horror when the most noise we managed to make in the 2nd half was to clap off the fella who was a lazy shite when he was with us and had pretty much suckered us to a loss. Would I have clapped him off at 5-0? Yeah probably. But its not fuckin 5-0, its 1-2 and we're making them feel like they're guests of honour. Get off the fuckin pitch so we can try and salvage something from this game ffs! Cabaye was another one - how long did he take to get off the pitch?! Did anyone care? Not a fuckin jot. Get off the pitch you prick!

Its hard to stand and watch the ground literally filter out from 79 mins. Sick of hearing the excuses. I'm sure people had really important things to do on a Sunday evening, long journeys home, things recorded on the TV to get home to, well you can all fuck off. I don't care if you had a genuine reason yesterday, it was absolutely pathetic and as a fanbase we should be utterly embarrassed. We wont be though, because nobody gives a fuck.

Sick of caring now to be honest. I genuinely think this will be my last season for the homes. When you spend so much money and you invest so much of your life to something and you take a step back and realise you don't actually enjoy it anymore, I think its time to give in and let someone else have a go.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7981 on: April 24, 2017, 08:24:27 pm »
You could tell it was going to be poor yesterday. Before YNWA there was only one rendition of 'Liiiiiverpooool, Liiiiiverpooool' as the players walked out and just before that everyone around me in 306 seemed perplexed as to why in gods name we were stood there listening to the fuckin theme tune to Neighbours, only to be told its because some shit actor was visiting from Australia.

Moving onto YNWA, it was an 'ok' rendition, but i'm sure I speak for all regulars here when you 'just know' there's gonna be the inevitable series of applause from the hundreds of supporters that STILL don't fuckin realise that we sing the chorus TWICE before we clap! Its infuriating how many of our home support are stood on the KOP clearly unaware of a tradition that has been around for decades!

The 2nd half was as bad as I've heard it to be honest, especially when we went 2-1 down. Imagine my horror when the most noise we managed to make in the 2nd half was to clap off the fella who was a lazy shite when he was with us and had pretty much suckered us to a loss. Would I have clapped him off at 5-0? Yeah probably. But its not fuckin 5-0, its 1-2 and we're making them feel like they're guests of honour. Get off the fuckin pitch so we can try and salvage something from this game ffs! Cabaye was another one - how long did he take to get off the pitch?! Did anyone care? Not a fuckin jot. Get off the pitch you prick!

Its hard to stand and watch the ground literally filter out from 79 mins. Sick of hearing the excuses. I'm sure people had really important things to do on a Sunday evening, long journeys home, things recorded on the TV to get home to, well you can all fuck off. I don't care if you had a genuine reason yesterday, it was absolutely pathetic and as a fanbase we should be utterly embarrassed. We wont be though, because nobody gives a fuck.

Sick of caring now to be honest. I genuinely think this will be my last season for the homes. When you spend so much money and you invest so much of your life to something and you take a step back and realise you don't actually enjoy it anymore, I think its time to give in and let someone else have a go.

You're not the only one who is thinking of stopping, its totally depressing to realise just how many genuine fans are giving it up. I wonder if the club even realize how bad things are, but I suspect as long as the money continues rolling in, what do they care? Sorry to hear it though, always sad when someone tires of something they love.  :(

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7982 on: April 24, 2017, 08:48:04 pm »
Anyone who sings their heart out would be allowed in my utopia. All I long for at Anfield is an atmosphere.

When I was going back in 2009 I had next to me on regular occasions, numerous groups of people who would spend endless time (including when the match was on) taking photos, leaning over me, asking if I would take a photo of them, and doing anything other than singing, or looking remotely interesting over what was happening on the pitch. By the time you've had six weeks of it, it starts to drive you mad.

Having said that I have nothing against you taking photos of your grandson at the game, as I'm sure you will be showing him how to support this team in a proper manner. At the end of the day I just want an atmosphere, that allows people to get behind the team. Isn't it what most of us want?  :)
Wool.

Offline Day1983

• Main Stander
« Reply #7983 on: April 24, 2017, 09:02:37 pm »
The owners need to build the new ARE out of their own pocket as they got the club cheap, they will get the money back when they sell, I'm fed up of hearing about economic models and shite like that, just do something for the fans.
The new seats should then be for people from the kop to move to if they don't want to sing, new season tickets(as a lot of these will be local or have been long term supporters) and pay on the day tickets for U21s.
Maybe nothing will change but we've got to try something.

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7984 on: April 25, 2017, 01:03:00 am »
Steward 738 in Kop 202 was back in form yesterday.  Couldn't wait to get out after kick-off barking at everyone in his usual unpleasant manner to sit down, while not giving a damn that he was himself then blocking our view of the pitch.  Killed the atmosphere in our section at a stroke.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7985 on: April 25, 2017, 01:08:47 am »
Yesterday just reaffirmed to me why i'm jibbing it next year. Another person in front of me in the turnstiles asking the steward how they use their season ticket on the scanner to get in, it's ridiculous
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Smurfite

• Main Stander
« Reply #7986 on: April 25, 2017, 06:17:27 am »
Shite in the Main Stand as usual. The thing that really pissed me off is the way the steward gives me a bollocking for standing up for five seconds when there's a chance, but when streams of people are walking out on 80 mins and blocking everyone else's view of the match there is fuck all said.

Thank fuck I managed to get myself moved into The Kop for next season. Be able to stand up all game and sing with people in the ground rather than just in The Park beforehand. Can't fucking wait.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7987 on: April 25, 2017, 06:24:04 am »
Yesterday just reaffirmed to me why i'm jibbing it next year. Another person in front of me in the turnstiles asking the steward how they use their season ticket on the scanner to get in, it's ridiculous

Oh come on, that's not a good enough reason to stop going. It's not a reflection of how he might support the team once he's in the ground.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7988 on: April 25, 2017, 07:45:45 am »
It's been worse than Sunday. It's the same all around the country as you get the same types of people going the games.

Clubs are to blame not fans.

Unless the club change their view and care about the atmosphere then it's pointless moaning about it.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 08:04:39 am by Anfield89 »

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #7989 on: April 25, 2017, 08:51:34 am »
It is shite and has been for years bar the big matches.

What makes me upset is that a win here would have seen us in such a strong position for CL (and maybe some glorious nights) but fans didn't seem arsed. Same as the Swansea home match earlier in the year.

Not sure what the problem is.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #7990 on: April 25, 2017, 12:20:15 pm »
It's been worse than Sunday. It's the same all around the country as you get the same types of people going the games.

Clubs are to blame not fans.

Unless the club change their view and care about the atmosphere then it's pointless moaning about it.

Would agree with that, there were a few attempts in 108/109 to get things going, problem was there were a lot of regulars missing on Sunday and many there who i reckon only had a passing interest or were there as part of a tick list.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Chief Brody

• Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #7991 on: April 25, 2017, 01:18:48 pm »
I think a big part of the letdown was that there was no excuse. 4.30, lovely sunny day, plenty of time to have a bevvie, something at stake.

The next one is a 1.30 kick off. I dread to think what thats going to be like.

Offline tommo8

• Main Stander
« Reply #7992 on: April 25, 2017, 02:13:07 pm »
Regarding the 2nd chorus of YNWA is it just me or does the PA system fade out after the 1st chorus?

This doesn't make it right that people clap but I wonder if that's why people think the song is over?

Also another question it was my 1st time sitting in the lower centenary and no one sung at all is this normal in there?

« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 10:55:32 pm by tommo8 »

Offline Chief Brody

• Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #7993 on: April 25, 2017, 02:27:58 pm »
Also another question it was my 1st time sitting in the lower centenary and no one sung at all is this normal in there?

;D pretty much. Its shite.

They've only recently started to fade out YNWA.

Basically people bottle it and don't want to be singing without backing so it only contributes to it ending early.

I suspect the club would quite like it to end a bit earlier.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7994 on: April 25, 2017, 02:33:15 pm »
Regarding the 2nd chorus of YNWA is it just me of does the PA system fade out after the 1st chorus?

This doesn't make it right that people clap but I wonder if that's why people think the song is over?

Its so the fans can carry it on. It works on the Kop (at least at the back). Maybe it doesn't work when there's nobody singing anyway.

The clapping was there before they started fading it out, its just people who don't know the song. Even though I sometimes have a feeling some people think its tradition to shout and clap between the two chorus. ::)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #7995 on: April 25, 2017, 03:01:42 pm »
I think it confuses a lot of people when the players run towards the Kop half way through as well, and a lot start clapping them. They can wait for their applause as far as I'm concerned! ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7996 on: April 25, 2017, 10:28:27 pm »
Why clap the end of a song anyway? We never used to.

What's everybody doing?  Clapping themselves for holding a scarf up without even knowing the song?

We should stop playing it all together, the small amount of people who actually sing it will carry on singing it anyway.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #7997 on: April 25, 2017, 10:30:11 pm »
I think a big part of the letdown was that there was no excuse. 4.30, lovely sunny day, plenty of time to have a bevvie, something at stake.

The next one is a 1.30 kick off. I dread to think what thats going to be like.

There was an excuse it was on a bloody Sunday. No wonder the atmosphere is crap - most people like me are probably sick to death of stupid random kick off times all over the bloody shop. No wonder people can't be arsed.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Chief Brody

• Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #7998 on: April 26, 2017, 12:15:46 am »
There was an excuse it was on a bloody Sunday. No wonder the atmosphere is crap - most people like me are probably sick to death of stupid random kick off times all over the bloody shop. No wonder people can't be arsed.

Sundays are a bit shit.

I'm not having it as an excuse though.

Offline dobbouk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7999 on: April 26, 2017, 05:35:14 am »
The lack of support really got me down today. I was in 206 and myself and the usual sound lads around us were trying our best to get it going. To the point were we even stood up and had a pop at the seated zombies around us. I just dont understand it, i really dont. My voice is gone! Raw from the fact i have to sing and shout to compensate for the miserable gobshites around me who fail to get up for games of this importance. Pissed off!

Same feeling mate. Bollicked my whoke block on 89 mins. Solidarity from 204.