Author Topic: anfield road stand  (Read 243339 times)

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
Re: anfield road stand
« Reply #120 on: September 12, 2015, 03:22:15 am »
first we have to get organized and start mass protest at all prem clubs.
we carry on until they really get the message,
then when another tv deal comes in as big as the last one, knowing they really have to sort it out 
all the club owner all decide to use this solely for a ticket price reduction plan across the board.
example last tv deal could have reduce costs up to 34%.

Jesus, this again.

Last time you pm'ed me and I started you a thread on ticket prices and you didn't even bother posting in it.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: September 12, 2015, 06:58:31 am »
And you think they really give a shit? For every single person who's willing to do this there's 5 willing to take their place. The power right now is with the clubs, not the fans.

spot on

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: September 22, 2015, 02:00:09 pm »
Any word on whether this is moving forward? Did the plans go in?

Cheers

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: September 22, 2015, 02:49:25 pm »
Any word on whether this is moving forward? Did the plans go in?

Cheers

Last I heard they were waiting to see how well the new Main Stand does before any detailed plans go in.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline New York Red

• Main Stander
  • Life is too short to drink shitty beer
« Reply #124 on: October 7, 2015, 03:13:34 am »
There's no point standing in the cot crying Mama. Fact is the supporters had a once in any lifetime chance to change things and they couldn't do it. For very good reasons.

If you want what Germany's got, every club's supporters around the country are going to have put up the cash to buy every club (or 51% of each and every club - let's say £10bn just for the PL). When they've done that, they're going to have to look for another mountain of money to run them and guarantee the running of them to their financial supporters. When they've done that, they're going to have to employ everybody there is that is currently employed by every club to run the clubs and to play the football. To do all that the supporters will need the business acumen and background to carry it off (which no one has shown an inkling of to date) and bear in mind it would be a hostile takeover of every current club owner. Good luck with that but anyway...

Assuming this all comes to pass, the new supporter owners would need to suffer the legal and financial costs to rip up every player's contract there is to reduce costs so that ticket prices could be reduced and then sit and watch all the players go play overseas (unless of course they re-engage them all on the original terms to bring them all back). This would make the PL a whole lot less attractive to TV, so you can watch those billions walk out the door too.

When all that's over and done with, the new braveheart supporters need to convince government that football is in good financial hands and that government should invest literally hundreds and hundreds of millions of tax payers' money to build new stadia or put in trains and transport while at the same the clubs slash ticket prices and are even less able to sustain the cost than they were before. Not to mention trusting the fans to stand safely. No single club.

No club on its own can even hope to carry the cost, whether 'shared 50/50' with a council that doesn't have 50 or not - or an effectively state-owned oligarchy trying to launder its international reputation in floods of oil (and we tried to get one of those too remember - and failed).

The FA (if it still existed) would need to revolutionise coaching and recruitment to generate more home-grown talent to reduce player costs by creating more and better players. It couldn't be left to clubs to cherry pick in their own interests. The FA would need to recruit direct and train and coach talent directly - on a national and comprehensive basis. Something the German system is set up to do in spades.

That's what happened in Germany and it happened when football was on its arse at low cost. It couldn't happen in Germany now and it's not going to happen here either. Not good but that's the way it is. Get used to it or stop going or stop banging on about how unfair it is. Thing is, we have the best possible deal out of this redevelopment and a whole lot better off than we would have been otherwise.

That is an absolutely great post. Case closed.
Every day I wake up, and thank the Lord I'm Welsh.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: October 7, 2015, 04:08:28 am »
Corbyn should just nationalize the clubs.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: October 7, 2015, 10:00:47 pm »
How close to what would be the 'max' is the planned Anny Rd Peter?

I don't recall to be honest but it kind of leads you to think that the Anfield Road End won't happen or is marginal at best, especially as you have to build 6,000 to get 4,000

[EDIT: You could probably get 50% more (6.5knett)
« Last Edit: October 9, 2015, 07:52:36 pm by Peter McGurk »

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #127 on: October 18, 2015, 03:36:59 pm »

Another picture showing the proposed phase 2.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #128 on: October 18, 2015, 03:44:30 pm »
Haven't we seen that already?

The imagine is an old one, as it shows a previous design version of the Main.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: October 18, 2015, 03:49:13 pm »
Haven't we seen that already?

Yes, very. Just couldn't find it for a while, so posted here once I did.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Durlmints

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: November 5, 2015, 12:10:56 pm »
I seriously hope that they change the roof design for the phase 2 stand.

Why build a roof that cuts in to the other? Mental design if correct.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #131 on: November 5, 2015, 02:11:50 pm »
I seriously hope that they change the roof design for the phase 2 stand.

Why build a roof that cuts in to the other? Mental design if correct.

What do you mean cuts into the other? You mean where the Main meets the Anny Road or over the Centenary?

The former there isn't much choice given then different heights of each stand, and without the cut out at that end you'd cause sight line issues for those in the Main. I'd imagine the same would be the case for those in the Anny with the Centenary roof, so some of that may get cut away.

Offline Durlmints

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: November 5, 2015, 02:25:43 pm »
What do you mean cuts into the other? You mean where the Main meets the Anny Road or over the Centenary?

The former there isn't much choice given then different heights of each stand, and without the cut out at that end you'd cause sight line issues for those in the Main. I'd imagine the same would be the case for those in the Anny with the Centenary roof, so some of that may get cut away.

All I'm suggesting is sloping the Annie Road roof to match up with the curved design of the main stand. Having a flat roof that peaks up on the Main stand side looks really silly. If they join the roofs up, then it should be done in a neat and aesthetic way, because the left hand side of the ARE looks utterly ridiculous on those models.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #133 on: November 5, 2015, 02:31:04 pm »
If you're flying in on your helicopter. When your in the ground it will look fine.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #134 on: November 5, 2015, 02:49:33 pm »
All I'm suggesting is sloping the Annie Road roof to match up with the curved design of the main stand. Having a flat roof that peaks up on the Main stand side looks really silly. If they join the roofs up, then it should be done in a neat and aesthetic way, because the left hand side of the ARE looks utterly ridiculous on those models.

The Anny Road roof doesn't peak up to meet it, the Main Stand dips down on both sides (look at the Kop end) and this is the slanted bit you can see.

The only odd thing about the Anny Road roof is it has a cut out at the Main Stand side to allow for people in the stand to actually see the pitch!

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
  • And what a delighted scorer – it's Tommy Smith!
« Reply #135 on: November 6, 2015, 10:49:19 am »
Looking at those models, there will be some on here demanding phase 3 plans tout de suite for a new centenary. The new Anny Road makes the Centenary Stand look like as insubstantial as the old Anny Road.
I'm really positive about the remodeling of that end of the ground - I wouldn't imagine they will be committing to it anytime soon though. Is there any understanding of what time frame the club is looking at for this work?

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: November 6, 2015, 11:50:52 am »
Looking at those models, there will be some on here demanding phase 3 plans tout de suite for a new centenary. The new Anny Road makes the Centenary Stand look like as insubstantial as the old Anny Road.
I'm really positive about the remodeling of that end of the ground - I wouldn't imagine they will be committing to it anytime soon though. Is there any understanding of what time frame the club is looking at for this work?

The club has at one time or another owned and refurbished (all?) houses on the near side of Skerries Road. I stand to be corrected but believe they were disposed of to a housing association/RSL. Notwithstanding, they are in all good nick.

Extending capacity to closer to 60k will happen when and if the Main Stand goes well and thus when there is more certainty on the viability of extending ARE.

After that is in serious risk territory when you look at the cost and aggravation of rebuilding the whole stand (it cannot be added to and stay within regulations) and moving the people, compared to the likely level of committed extra income.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #137 on: November 6, 2015, 12:05:06 pm »
The club has at one time or another owned and refurbished (all?) houses on the near side of Skerries Road. I stand to be corrected but believe they were disposed of to a housing association/RSL. Notwithstanding, they are in all good nick.

Yep, they owned all (or if not all they owned the majority), and I believe sold them all for £1 so it was viable for whoever it was they sold them to to refurb them.

Why the hell they did that and didn't spend the money to do it themselves and kept ownership of them I'll never know.

Asked this a while back in here, and Peter you're probably better than anyone to answer this - does the new ARE modeled in that pic look larger than adding just a further 5k seats? The current end is approx 9k seats, but that looks bigger than a 14k stand to me.

Offline laddo

• Forum Perv
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: November 6, 2015, 12:16:42 pm »
Asked this a while back in here, and Peter you're probably better than anyone to answer this - does the new ARE modeled in that pic look larger than adding just a further 5k seats? The current end is approx 9k seats, but that looks bigger than a 14k stand to me.

The new ARE is proposed to add 4,786 extra seats, taking it to 13,860, that's what the club have outline planning for so can't imagine they can change that.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: November 6, 2015, 01:08:17 pm »
The new ARE is proposed to add 4,786 extra seats, taking it to 13,860, that's what the club have outline planning for so can't imagine they can change that.

They'd just have to go for another planning application. Happens quite a lot, I believe. If they thought it was worth building extra seats (and that's a big if) then there's plenty of time to put in a new planning application before any work would be due to start. Think they still have to submit detailled plans anyway, which as I understand it hasn't happened yet.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: November 6, 2015, 01:55:38 pm »

Extending capacity to closer to 60k will happen when and if the Main Stand goes well and thus when there is more certainty on the viability of extending ARE.

After that is in serious risk territory when you look at the cost and aggravation of rebuilding the whole stand (it cannot be added to and stay within regulations) and moving the people, compared to the likely level of committed extra income.

What stand are you referring to mate? 
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
« Reply #141 on: November 6, 2015, 01:56:10 pm »
As with the main stand they will probably reprofile the lower tier so they will be losing some seats there.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: November 6, 2015, 02:03:15 pm »
As with the main stand they will probably reprofile the lower tier so they will be losing some seats there.

And they're taking off the whole of the upper tier which has 2,600 seats, so the new upper tier has to replace those as well as adding the 5,000 'new'  seats. The new seats are also based on the latest guidelines for seat spacing so the footprint of the new upper tier is far bigger than an older stand with the same number of seats.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: November 6, 2015, 02:03:34 pm »

What stand are you referring to mate? 

Centenary
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: November 6, 2015, 02:04:43 pm »
They'd just have to go for another planning application. Happens quite a lot, I believe. If they thought it was worth building extra seats (and that's a big if) then there's plenty of time to put in a new planning application before any work would be due to start. Think they still have to submit detailled plans anyway, which as I understand it hasn't happened yet.

The details are mainly finishes and materials.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: November 6, 2015, 02:15:28 pm »
Yep, they owned all (or if not all they owned the majority), and I believe sold them all for £1 so it was viable for whoever it was they sold them to to refurb them.

Why the hell they did that and didn't spend the money to do it themselves and kept ownership of them I'll never know.

I thought it did (without checking).

I imagine the wind model is taking the 'worst' case ie., the bigger stand.

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: November 6, 2015, 02:25:18 pm »
If you're flying in on your helicopter. When your in the ground it will look fine.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: November 8, 2015, 06:35:17 am »
Did anyone else catch this tidbit?

"Council planners are being asked to approve a number of changes to the redevelopment plans.

The latest application seeks permission to:
(snip)
-Reduce the number of new trees from 123 to 100; comprising 96 trees within the main landscaped area outside the ground, and a further four trees in the Hillsborough Memorial Garden;
(snip)

The reduction in the number of trees is because the club has outline planning permission to expand the Anfield Road stand to provide an additional 4,800 seats. Those trees would need to be removed when the expansion takes place."

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/alterations-liverpool-fc-stadium-plans-10344928

Now I realize that we already were aware of the possibility of the Annie Rd. expansion. But with the club already altering plans to make sure some trees don't grow in that spot, it sure looks like they are planning to move forward on it, and soon. Looks like we may not be at 54,000 for long.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
  • And what a delighted scorer – it's Tommy Smith!
« Reply #148 on: November 11, 2015, 12:23:40 pm »
Many fans have issues with the club and FSG about dev strategy, ticketing and transfer policy (and I'm prone to moaning about it too) but on ground redevelopment I am very positive with what the club has achieved and the way in which it is moving forward. The work so far has been conducted with the minimum of fuss and for the most part is being handled away from the media - no grandstanding  "shovels in the ground" bullshittery.
Under the Moores regime and then under Hicks and Gillette, the new stadium was a scab that we picked raw. It's good that there are lots of different opinions on here and in the Main Stand thread about what should or should not be the capacity, but better still is that the inaction of the past couple of decades has been exorcised and we are now moving towards a bigger, better Anfield. Happy days.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: November 11, 2015, 10:06:39 pm »
Many fans have issues with the club and FSG about dev strategy, ticketing and transfer policy (and I'm prone to moaning about it too) but on ground redevelopment I am very positive with what the club has achieved and the way in which it is moving forward. The work so far has been conducted with the minimum of fuss and for the most part is being handled away from the media - no grandstanding  "shovels in the ground" bullshittery.
Under the Moores regime and then under Hicks and Gillette, the new stadium was a scab that we picked raw. It's good that there are lots of different opinions on here and in the Main Stand thread about what should or should not be the capacity, but better still is that the inaction of the past couple of decades has been exorcised and we are now moving towards a bigger, better Anfield. Happy days.

Well said.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Lucaspool FC

• Kopite
« Reply #150 on: December 12, 2015, 12:43:20 pm »
Well 14k will make it a bit bigger than Holte End, witch to me looks pretty big. But also bigger than The Kop and that feels a bit strange. Still let's hope this will be done and 58k capacity is better than 53k.

Offline Easy

• Sunday Mornin Tiger
  • Kopite
« Reply #151 on: December 12, 2015, 04:40:49 pm »

Wouldn't joining up the roofs look strange when you don't have a filled in corner with seating? Better keep them totally separate if the corners aren't filled in - not that it really matters either way.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: December 22, 2015, 09:45:55 pm »
Why are we only seeking to add 4800 seats when we have loads of empty space to play with?
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: December 22, 2015, 10:23:06 pm »
Why are we only seeking to add 4800 seats when we have loads of empty space to play with?

The club loses 2,600 to remove the upper tier, so in effect it's building 7,400 seats going straight back without one tier over an other (a total of 13,600 which is about the same size as below) and the club thinks 58,400 is about right as a final number and there's not much more space anyway.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 06:46:31 pm by Peter McGurk »

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: December 23, 2015, 12:22:15 pm »

What do you mean by 'empty space'?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: December 23, 2015, 01:25:20 pm »
What do you mean by 'empty space'?

The green stuff in the middle of the four stands isn't exactly being put to good use at the moment is it?  Guess he means that.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: December 23, 2015, 06:45:39 pm »
Not much empty space there....

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #157 on: January 7, 2016, 06:02:39 pm »
Would they have space in the External Parking and Concourse area to put another tier on the Centenary stand if need be in the future?
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #158 on: January 7, 2016, 06:04:18 pm »
Would they have space in the External Parking and Concourse area to put another tier on the Centenary stand if need be in the future?

Doubtful, that area behind the Centenary and the houses on Skerries really isn't that big, plus not sure how well the Upper would lend itself to having another tier above it.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: January 8, 2016, 12:56:54 pm »
Doubtful, that area behind the Centenary and the houses on Skerries really isn't that big, plus not sure how well the Upper would lend itself to having another tier above it.

Yes, you would need to remove Skerries and probably Wylva Road as well, both of which I believe are currently being refurbished. Not happening any time soon, in other words.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA