Author Topic: Line of Duty  (Read 87411 times)

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Line of Duty
« Reply #320 on: April 20, 2017, 12:21:44 am »
Thought i recognised the actor who plays Nick Huntley's lawyer

Its only David Brent's boss Neil from the Office (Patrick Baladi) :)
Oh no, that's not a another clue to consider is it. :)
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: April 20, 2017, 10:11:23 am »
Spoiler
I think she slipped up with ACC Hilton though,led him on for a night of passion then told him where to go after he had helped her, bad move,he's no mug, Maneet handed Hilton a file right at the end of the episode, I assume it drops AC 12 in it even deeper
[close]

Spoiler
I think this is a really murky development to the story.  Maneet didn't look too happy handing over the file and we know she is one of AC-12's brightest and valuable assets.

I wonder if her pregnancy has anything to do with her handing over the file.  Probably Hilton just threatening her career and livelihood to get what he wants.  Will the the file be damning to DCI Huntley or AC-12, or both!!!

Is Hilton weak or clever?  I suspect the latter.

Revving up for a great last 2 episodes.
[close]

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: April 20, 2017, 11:54:14 am »
Spoiler
I think this is a really murky development to the story.  Maneet didn't look too happy handing over the file and we know she is one of AC-12's brightest and valuable assets.

I wonder if her pregnancy has anything to do with her handing over the file.  Probably Hilton just threatening her career and livelihood to get what he wants.  Will the the file be damning to DCI Huntley or AC-12, or both!!!

Is Hilton weak or clever?  I suspect the latter.

Revving up for a great last 2 episodes.
[close]
Spoiler
Yeah, Hiltons no mug, I think he's going after AC12 starting with Hastings, he wants the investigation shut down and AC12 disbanded. hes definitely bent and covering something up, maybe trafficking.
Hilton was going to have a night of passion with Roz, she knocked him back and the next minute he's picking up the file off Maneet. looks like the meeting wasn't planned, maybe he got on the phone straight away to Maneet after Roz left for some dirt to keep her under his control to cover his backside.

[close]
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Mag Hull

• Lanca Shire
  • Kopite
  • Celebrating National Shite Day since 1968
« Reply #323 on: April 20, 2017, 01:02:10 pm »
Spoiler
Yup the series denouement (the confirmed 5th, or discussed 6th) will surely have the final good v evil stand-off, although who represents what side will be very much up for grabs!
[close]
Get your fucking hedge cut!!!!

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: April 23, 2017, 02:32:10 pm »
Spoiler

I wonder if her pregnancy has anything to do with her handing over the file.  Probably Hilton just threatening her career and livelihood to get what he wants.  Will the the file be damning to DCI Huntley or AC-12, or both!!!.
[close]

Spoiler
Who's the daddy? Hilton?
Got form for trying to seduce officers
[close]

Offline Mag Hull

• Lanca Shire
  • Kopite
« Reply #325 on: April 23, 2017, 08:59:00 pm »
Eyes down, look in! See you in the subway with the music playing to discuss.........

Offline Mag Hull

• Lanca Shire
  • Kopite
« Reply #326 on: April 23, 2017, 09:35:51 pm »
Roz is being fucked over

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #327 on: April 23, 2017, 10:21:45 pm »
I love the fact that they waited to episode 5 to totally confused the people on BBC1 who haven't watched the first 3 series and jusr treated the back stories like you have.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #328 on: April 23, 2017, 10:23:28 pm »
Brown nose of the year winner.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Mag Hull

• Lanca Shire
  • Kopite
« Reply #329 on: April 23, 2017, 10:37:47 pm »
I love the fact that they waited to episode 5 to totally confused the people on BBC1 who haven't watched the first 3 series and jusr treated the back stories like you have.
Spoiler
Jackie Laverty has been in cold storage for more than a few reasons......
[close]
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 11:15:40 pm by Mag Hull »

Offline Mag Hull

• Lanca Shire
  • Kopite

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #331 on: April 23, 2017, 11:34:59 pm »

My girlfriend hasn't watched the previous seasons and was fine with it.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: April 24, 2017, 12:47:19 am »
Spoiler
You cant rule out anything in this show but am going to assume Roz wasn't turned on by Tim standing over her with a chain saw so they didn't have wild sex when she woke up, that infection MRSA comes from the scratch from the fight she had with Tim, they are going to have it analyzed, it could drop her right in it. 
[close]
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 12:49:29 am by oldfordie »
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #333 on: April 24, 2017, 05:02:13 am »
My girlfriend hasn't watched the previous seasons and was fine with it.

My first thought was I hope the bloke who was forced to have the body in his freezer is ok.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: April 24, 2017, 12:04:29 pm »
My first thought was I hope the bloke who was forced to have the body in his freezer is ok.
So how have you reached the conclusion someone was forced to conceal a body in their freezer. bit annoying, it would hardly leave any room for the chips.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #335 on: April 24, 2017, 01:31:06 pm »
So how have you reached the conclusion someone was forced to conceal a body in their freezer. bit annoying, it would hardly leave any room for the chips.

Its not a conclusion they showed it. can't remember if it was series 1 or 2

« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 01:35:36 pm by Trada »

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: April 24, 2017, 02:19:11 pm »
Its not a conclusion they showed it. can't remember if it was series 1 or 2
Quick search and looks like it was series 1/
Just watched the start of series 1 and cant remember any of it, wondering if I missed the first few episodes. going to watch tonight.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: April 24, 2017, 02:26:03 pm »
Quick search and looks like it was series 1
Just watched the start of series 1 and cant remember any of it, wondering if I missed the first few episodes. going to watch tonight.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Mag Hull

• Lanca Shire
  • Kopite
« Reply #338 on: April 24, 2017, 03:59:20 pm »
Jackie Laverty back end of Series 1!

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #339 on: April 24, 2017, 06:10:38 pm »
Think I am going to watch series one again too.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #340 on: April 24, 2017, 06:15:54 pm »
It's great to have a series live and unbingeable like this. Not accepting social activity on Sunday nights at the moment.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: April 24, 2017, 06:26:36 pm »
Steve and DCI Huntley both bouncing back after just hours in a hospital bed exceeded the bounds of credibility for me.  One is close to being a Paraplegic and one an Amputee. These things takes months and months if not years to get over.  Steve was out of intensive care, finished physio and back to work in a wheelchair looking fresh as a daisy within days.

Glad next weeks in the last episode. Its all getting a but much to be honest and not a patch on the previous series.  Sorry just my opinion.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: April 24, 2017, 07:00:55 pm »
Steve and DCI Huntley both bouncing back after just hours in a hospital bed exceeded the bounds of credibility for me.  One is close to being a Paraplegic and one an Amputee. These things takes months and months if not years to get over.  Steve was out of intensive care, finished physio and back to work in a wheelchair looking fresh as a daisy within days.

Glad next weeks in the last episode. Its all getting a but much to be honest and not a patch on the previous series.  Sorry just my opinion.
Spoiler
Huntley checking out of hospital is understandable. shes facing a long stretch in prison so she wants to keep control over the investigation, looks like she wanted to get out and lay the blame on her husband,she didn't arrest her husband on the spur of the moment as she has already called out her colleagues to help with the arrest so she also had a plan. Steve says he knows Farmer is innocent,not as powerful incentive as Roz but he's a modern day untouchable. committed. am hoping Roz gets banged up in the last episode and they go after the people on Dots list in the next series
[close]
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #343 on: April 24, 2017, 07:06:29 pm »
Quick search and looks like it was series 1/

It was at the flat where the bloke with Down's syndrome lived and they bullied him into using his flat and the last time I remember seeing the body was when they put it in his freezer and they had to cut the body up to fit it in.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #344 on: April 24, 2017, 07:08:35 pm »

Agreed mate.

Last couple of episodes have been poor in my opinion. Quality has gone downhill since the first few series certainly.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: April 24, 2017, 07:13:09 pm »
It was at the flat where the bloke with Down's syndrome lived and they bullied him into using his flat and the last time I remember seeing the body was when they put it in his freezer and they had to cut the body up to fit it in.

yeah that's correct. They temporarily used the Downs lad flat.

Then the body was moved to The big chest freezer that was in the warehouse where they held DCI Tony Gates hostage if I remember correctly.

edit: or was it the other way round?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 07:18:05 pm by Buck Pete »

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #346 on: April 24, 2017, 08:41:12 pm »
yeah that's correct. They temporarily used the Downs lad flat.

Then the body was moved to The big chest freezer that was in the warehouse where they held DCI Tony Gates hostage if I remember correctly.

edit: or was it the other way round?

I think it was the other way round.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #347 on: April 24, 2017, 11:17:31 pm »

The ending to season 3 was out of the bounds of credibility, much more so than anything from this season.

I'm willing to suspend my disbelief at Arnott making a quick recovery, no qualms with DCI Huntley discharging herself. Not sure what else there is to complain about really.

Can't wait for the finalé, much better than Season 3 for me but Season 2 is some of the best television ever.
:D

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #348 on: April 25, 2017, 11:45:26 am »
Hard for me to root for DS Arnott when he reminds me of Michael Owen.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #349 on: April 25, 2017, 12:43:31 pm »
Hard for me to root for DS Arnott when he reminds me of Michael Owen.

lol - he resembles Nigel Clough a fair bit for me.

Plus DS Arnott would never move to other side - he's far more loyal and considered than that...
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: April 25, 2017, 12:58:37 pm »
I think it was the other way round.
Your right, the body was kept in a small freezer in the warehouse then moved to down syndrome lads freezer in his flat, binged the first 4 episodes of series 1 last night, very surprised to find I hadn't seen them before so ta for bringing it up. brilliant series. am even more confused about Hilton now, think I may binge all of the series over the next few nights.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #351 on: April 25, 2017, 01:03:37 pm »
Now we're sucking diesel!

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: April 25, 2017, 01:06:16 pm »
Spoiler
So my mate reckons when they played the tape of Dots dying declaration that Dot said he wasn't the Caddie?  I remember him blinking on "H" but didnt think that meant he's not the caddie
[close]
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: April 25, 2017, 04:57:05 pm »
Spoiler
So my mate reckons when they played the tape of Dots dying declaration that Dot said he wasn't the Caddie?  I remember him blinking on "H" but didnt think that meant he's not the caddie
[close]
Spoiler
Yeah,I was thinking the same and forgot to play that part back. I would have thought he blinked on I. Kate also made 2 big assumptions and shes wrong, She asked Dot who was the top corrupt police officer and he said the Caddy. which means Dot cant be the Caddy as he isn't the most senior corrupt police officer, promoted may well mean the Caddy has been promoted recently.
[close]
               Emily Maitlis

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: April 25, 2017, 07:21:57 pm »
Spoiler
Yeah,I was thinking the same and forgot to play that part back. I would have thought he blinked on I. Kate also made 2 big assumptions and shes wrong, She asked Dot who was the top corrupt police officer and he said the Caddy. which means Dot cant be the Caddy as he isn't the most senior corrupt police officer, promoted may well mean the Caddy has been promoted recently.
[close]

Spoiler
Yeah just watched it back. Dot's not the caddie. Who promoted him though?
[close]
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: April 25, 2017, 07:28:35 pm »
Spoiler
Yeah just watched it back. Dot's not the caddie. Who promoted him though?
[close]
Spoiler
Kate made the assumption Dot meant he was promoted. Dot could have actually meant the caddy had been promoted.
I think Hastings promoted Dot. Hilton has used this as more evidence against Hastings. he promoted a bent copper who went undetected in AC-12 for 2 yrs
[close]
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 10:17:11 pm by oldfordie »
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Mag Hull

• Lanca Shire
  • Kopite
« Reply #356 on: April 25, 2017, 09:10:36 pm »
Spoiler
Hilton promoted Dot at the end of Series 1, but if he's not the Caddy, that means the he/she is still out there along with the "two-faced bastard". Am wondering if Kate has been bowled a googly and is being wilfully mislead by the words "Caddy", "Other", "Promoted" and "I/H"
[close]
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 09:15:06 pm by Mag Hull »

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: April 25, 2017, 10:13:44 pm »
Spoiler
Hilton promoted Dot at the end of Series 1, but if he's not the Caddy, that means the he/she is still out there along with the "two-faced bastard". Am wondering if Kate has been bowled a googly and is being wilfully mislead by the words "Caddy", "Other", "Promoted" and "I/H"
[close]
Spoiler
  You may well be right as you can't rule anything out, think she was just trying to get as much info as she could in Dots final seconds.Hastings, Arnott+Kate would have all watched the video and realized what Dot meant and just playing their cards close to their chest and not telling Hilton anything, may hear something in final episode to let us know what the next series will be about
[close]
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #358 on: April 30, 2017, 05:21:52 pm »
Finale tonight on BBC1 @ 21:00.

Offline Mag Hull

• Lanca Shire
  • Kopite