Author Topic: Aly Cissokho  (Read 174348 times)

Offline houkura

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Aly Cissokho
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2013, 08:50:03 pm »
I know everyone says we should give him a chance to settle and his performances may improve, but I just don't see that happening.  With some players you can see the potential even if it isn't quite working out for them.  In all of his performances for Liverpool I can't remember even one moment where something he did stood out as exceptional and made me think okay that's why we signed him lets hope he can do that again.  He's not slow but he's not fast either, he has an impressive physique but doesn't seem to use it to his advantage, and he seems uncomfortable going forward preferring to move the ball on rather than advance it himself.  It makes sense why Valencia wanted a sale instead of loan, because I don't think he's improved his stock so far on his loan spell here and I certainly can't see us buying him permanently.

How about the assist for Suarez' 18 yard bullet header against West Brom? Did you see that bit? I thought that was exceptional. I thought at the time that's why we signed him and I hope he does that again.
"Good to be here, good to be anywhere."  --Keith Richards

Offline MTred406

• Anny Roader
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2013, 09:08:29 pm »
How about the assist for Suarez' 18 yard bullet header against West Brom? Did you see that bit? I thought that was exceptional. I thought at the time that's why we signed him and I hope he does that again.

Suarez impressed me with his finish something very few players in the world are capable of, and to be fair Cissokho did well to get to the ball before the defender since the pass was under hit but I wouldn't call Cissokho's contribution to the goal exceptional.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2013, 09:09:43 pm »
his turn on the slater's wheel today ,  tomorrow who knows which player the slater's wheel will point to ? ::)
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2013, 09:10:58 pm »
his turn on the slaters wheel today ,  tomorrow who knows who the slaters wheel ends up with?

What has Joey Jones done for us lately?
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2013, 09:12:50 pm »
What has Joey Jones done for us lately?

Or the Romans?
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline OperationIvy

• Kopite
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2013, 09:25:00 pm »

you got to be kidding, that was an awful cross. The goal was really down to Suarez's reflexes and improvisation.

I agree with whats been said before. I dont trust him defensively and he seems to not have any confidence going forward.

I dont know whether its down to it being a new league for him, or if he is just not very good, but, as a loan signing, he has got to hit the ground running otherwise there is no point him being here.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2013, 09:27:05 pm »
you got to be kidding, that was an awful cross. The goal was really down to Suarez's reflexes and improvisation.

I agree with whats been said before. I dont trust him defensively and he seems to not have any confidence going forward.

I dont know whether its down to it being a new league for him, or if he is just not very good, but, as a loan signing, he has got to hit the ground running otherwise there is no point him being here.

So are most of Suarez's goals.

Offline N0rnIr0nRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2013, 09:48:02 pm »
So are most of Suarez's goals.

^^ I think his crossing has been dreadful, worse than Enrique.

I even think if I played for Liverpool, I could manage about one or maybe two assists for Luis Suarez over the course of a season 8). That man can make a goal out of absolutely nothing and fires shots on goal when he has no right to!
"I usually have a second pair of glasses but I can't find them because it's hard to find glasses without glasses!" Jürgen Klopp

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2013, 09:52:01 pm »
^^ I think his crossing has been dreadful, worse than Enrique.

I even think if I played for Liverpool, I could manage about one or maybe two assists for Luis Suarez over the course of a season 8). That man can make a goal out of absolutely nothing and fires shots on goal when he has no right to!

Stats to the rescue!

They have the same accuracy lol

Surprising that. Both at 14% accuracy

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2013, 10:12:23 pm »
So, PoP, what about Cissokho's positional awareness? Is that something I am making up as a problem at present, or is it 'there' for you as well? (I don't mean just the fact that he didn't see/sense the opponent for 'that' goal, btw. I mean in general, he seems a bit slow on the uptake when it comes to movement behind him, in other parts of the pitch, as well).

Is it possible that he has always been thus? If so, how could he possibly have ever been, as was the case, so highly rated?

If it's a more recent development (well, regression, I suppose), can it conceivably be determined to be permanent?
Ludi Circenses!

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2013, 10:13:41 pm »
I think it's important to bear in mind, that he's coming back from an injury, he's getting used to a new team, in a new league and has by and large had little defensive protection and has often been in charge of a whole flank alone - when we have played three at the back, apart from when the outside centre back has covered behind him he has generally been controlling the left defensively and more importantly in attack - very rarely an extra layer to support him or where he can time his runs off or interact with etc. When we played 4-4-2 against Fulham, Coutinho was generally very central and although they interacted with each other when the ball was on the left, our attacks were very much leaned on the right (47% on the right compared to 23% on the left). Thus on defensive transitions when pressure on the ball wasn't optimum, he was left exposed a couple of times. Even when we dropped into shape, Coutinho was often pinching in and he doesn't tend to work that hard when we drop into a block so again Cissokho is effectively left on his own on the flank.

I think it's only fair he gets a bit more time than he has done before people start judging his performances too negatively.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2013, 10:32:33 pm »
He's on loan and looking a bit rusty for a few different reasons.  If he's not for us, we send him back.  We'll see how it pans out.

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
  • PSN: WesleyP1pes
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2013, 10:37:19 pm »
I'm sorry guys but I really couldn't give a s**t what his attacking contribution is like and it's not much honestly.

It's his defending for me that has set the writing on the wall, he allows his opponent to get goal side of him far too easily and that is a cardinal sin for a defender and absolutely unforgivable at any level.

Offline Stoddy

• Boys Pen
  • #Icomenottopost
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2013, 11:47:10 pm »
He's been injured after 1 game, came back into the squad and has done OK. Thought he was better against Fulham in a flat back 4, not sure he's used to playing as a wing back.
The guy seems to have a bit of pace when he gets forward and he is getting caught out of position a few times but reckon that might just be him getting used to the pace of the English game. He sounds like he loves where he is at the moment.
The loan deal was an astute piece of business from BR which gives us the insurance policy in case he doesn't get up to speed.

Give him a chance ye moanin bastardos  ;)   :lickin
Its not about the long ball or the short ball, its about the right ball.
Bob Paisley

Offline jaygraham

• Fiction is not the same as FACT
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2013, 01:49:13 am »

Hahahaha the thing that made that goal so special was Suarez' reaction to somehow leap and get a bullet header onto it, he had about half a second to react to it. The ball just came to Cissokho and it looked like he just hit it as hard as he could with no direction whatsoever.

I wouldnt call that an assist - or even a cross!
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2013, 05:43:51 am »
It has to be the international break. It brings out the mean bastardos in many of us, doesn't it?
Ludi Circenses!

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2013, 09:29:36 am »
Tony the bit in that post of yours which is relevant is he has only played 4 games, its not like your mind is made up already or anything is it. ;)
Its not about making your mind up or judgement on how good he'll turn out after 4 games,  for me its about him playing in the next game, the Derby.
Im fully aware you cant draw a long term conclusion about a player after 4 games, but its fairly safe to express concerns about his start.
Im not writing him off and he could go on to be successful (I hope he does), but Id be uncomfortable with him Starting v Everton.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2013, 10:01:29 am »
With the current overuse of stats here are some for you:

4 games is not a big enough sample for anything.

100% of footballers are Human.
100% of Humans make mistakes.
100% of Pixels never make a mistake on their own.
60% of posters in here in far too many threads use meaningless Stats to cover up for lack of commonsense and Football Experience.
100% of Data is only as good and as worthwhile as the quality of the question you ask it.

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2013, 10:03:03 am »

60% of posters in here in far too many threads use meaningless Stats to cover up for lack of commonsense and Football Experience.
100% of Data is only as good and as worthwhile as the quality of the question you ask it.

You can come up with statistics to support any argument, 67.89% of people think that.

For me, the lad deserves a run of games and yes there is an element of me that is nervous about
his defensive positioning and decision making.  But we don't have a lot of options at LB and
I'm defo not a fan of moving a player out of their position to cover, thus weakening 2 positions.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 10:06:00 am by DeLeiva »

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2013, 10:18:43 am »
I've thought his attacking play has been very mediocre and 99% of the time safety orientated, can't believe people think he's actually good going forward! He stops sprinting when he goes over the half line and realises he hasn't the ability to create something useful and looks for the easy option out, when he actually crosses the ball he seems to have 1 setting, which is aimless at full pelt, same as his passing and touch which is heavy to say the least. Has got the Djimi's about him and it's a little frightening he's going to play in the derby.

I just don't see how his actually footballing ability will transform with another 10-15 games, the fact he's making people pine for Enrique says a lot about him. Looks like a season stop-gap then hopefully we ship him back and replace him with someone comfortable on the ball in attack and who can defend properly. (Easier said than done!)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 10:21:38 am by Bunter »

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2013, 01:45:33 am »

Aly Cisskho has played over 100 senior games since moving from Porto, certainly a lot more than 4. Leaving statistics aside can you point to a game where he has excelled since 2010?
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline TarkaLFC

• Main Stander
  • Valour is superior to numbers.
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2013, 04:48:34 am »
Our last loan signing didn't make it past Jan 31st before "ruthless Rodgers" culled him. 

Let's give Aly a break, it's still early days given his time out.
Currently living overseas.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2013, 06:41:15 pm »
Aly Cisskho has played over 100 senior games since moving from Porto, certainly a lot more than 4. Leaving statistics aside can you point to a game where he has excelled since 2010?

Yes on 12th May 2011 he had an excellent game against Boavista.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2013, 09:27:29 pm »

i only care about games for us and four isnt enough unless you are running out of players to slate!

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2013, 09:30:05 pm »

You've watched him alot since 2010?

Offline Kersy Aus

• Kemlynite
  • YNWA
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2013, 01:05:00 am »
I posted the same question in the Agger thread, but I'll post it here as well.
With Enrique out, and cissokho not setting the world alight, is Agger a viable left back option?
And if not, can someone explain exactly why?

Offline jonytoe

• Kemlynite
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2013, 01:24:40 am »
I am not of the opinion that Aly is as bad as being spoken about on this forum, opinons catch fire on here its crazy. Regardless he is our best option at left back with Enrique out, and if he does not play then that would mean Rodgers feels he is not good enough at all.

If there is a concern about his defensive ability, i think Rodgers will go back to the back 3 with Sakho Agger and Skrtel with Johnson and Aly wing backs. Can not wait for Saturday!

Offline cyador

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2013, 01:25:10 am »
I posted the same question in the Agger thread, but I'll post it here as well.
With Enrique out, and cissokho not setting the world alight, is Agger a viable left back option?
And if not, can someone explain exactly why?

God i hope not. Because playing cb's at fullback is a shit idea? (unless they have the pace and power of a Thuram/Gallas)

Seriously though, i hate seeing centre backs switched wide, apart from defensive stability maybe, Agger would offer virtually nothing you'd want from a fullback in a Rodgers team.
He's not going to be tearing past anyone on the overlap, or whipping dangerous crosses in, etc.

Plus with Coutinho cutting inside the width would be non existent from the left side of the pitch.

Personally i'd be delighted to see Mclaughlin given a go at some point, he's the right age to be given a chance, but failing that i'd still rather see the likes of Cissokho over Agger.

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2013, 07:45:01 pm »
I wonder if he'd benefit from a Johnson-Toure-Sahko-Cissokho lineup with Mignolet at the back. Outside of Johnson they all speak french!

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2013, 07:49:13 pm »
Was he fit yesterday because Flanagan getting the nod should make him think if he wasn't injured, after according to little Mickey Owen scoring twice for France  :lmao :lmao

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2013, 10:06:05 pm »
Because playing cb's at fullback is a shit idea? (unless they have the pace and power of a Thuram/Gallas)

Did Phil Neal, possibly our most succesful full back ever not sign as a central defender from Northamptron?

Did Tommy Smith, one of our greatest central defenders not play over a hundred games as a right back?

Emlyn Hughes? Central defender or left back best position?

We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2013, 10:49:49 pm »
GOt to say, I thought Flanno did very well in the derby, and it goes to show that Aly's going to have to train really fucking well to get a place in the side from now on, and should he get the chance he's going to have to grab it with both hands.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2013, 01:18:23 am »
Think we may be seeing this loan cut short in January ala Sahin, to be honest.

Offline GrkStav

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2013, 01:21:51 am »
Was he fit yesterday because Flanagan getting the nod should make him think if he wasn't injured, after according to little Mickey Owen scoring twice for France  :lmao :lmao

OMG, Owen actually said that on national T.V.? Just how ignorant ARE these people? How LITTLE do they prepare for their JOBS?
Ludi Circenses!

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2013, 03:36:22 am »
OMG, Owen actually said that on national T.V.? Just how ignorant ARE these people? How LITTLE do they prepare for their JOBS?

Yup.
"Cissokho played mid-week for France and scored two goals"

It was actually brought up twice.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2013, 10:10:34 pm »
Tbf, if you say their names really, really quick, they do sound similar. Or not, as the case may be. :)
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2013, 10:37:34 pm »

Not unless we buy another left back. Enrique is going to be out until February, he probably won't be fully fit until March. As of now we have Flanagan and Johnson as the only other two fit full backs. Kelly is no where near up to speed yet.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2013, 10:41:18 pm »

We never had the option to buy with Sahin though did we? Cissokho clearly wants to play for us and we already have a fee agreed, Brendan might be thinking if he can get the guy playing well again over the season we could have a bargain on our hands.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2013, 01:50:05 am »
We never had the option to buy with Sahin though did we? Cissokho clearly wants to play for us and we already have a fee agreed, Brendan might be thinking if he can get the guy playing well again over the season we could have a bargain on our hands.

We didn't have the option to buy but I still reckon we would have tried if things had worked out. It was unlikely he was going back to Madrid and becoming a regular regardless of how good/bad he did here.

As for what you say about Brendan hoping he can get the guy playing well, I'm sure that's what he was hoping for when he signed him in the summer but if we don't trust him as a second choice left-back and a 20 year old right-back with 1 league appearance in the last 19 months to his name is considered a better option at left-back to him in a Merseyside Derby, then things are looking very bleak for Cissokho. And I reckon Rodgers won't hesitate in severing the loan like he did with Sahin when it clearly wasn't working.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 01:52:29 am by Xanderzone »

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2013, 02:36:21 am »
Reckon we'll buy another LB in January and probably fuck him off, Flanagan looked better against Everton than Cissokho did against Fulham in all honesty, never mind Arsenal.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012