Author Topic: Banshee - Sky Atlantic - Mondays .  (Read 19831 times)

Offline slamjam

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Banshee - Sky Atlantic - Mondays .
« Reply #120 on: April 9, 2016, 01:00:00 pm »
I've just started this all over again cant just watch one.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #121 on: April 9, 2016, 07:04:27 pm »
Gave up after the first six episodes of season one.
Was going to ask if it was worth jumping back on... then I read pistolero's "shite" comment off the first page and then his one just above so I think I have my answer. :-)

Haha  ;D I was almost ashamed to enjoy it at first, like I couldn't believe it was actually as good as it seemed. But it just kept going and growing. There's a fight scene from last season in and around a compact car that is possibly the best filmed fight I have ever seen, at least on television (broadcast or cable). The pacing is some of the best you'll find - they just do not fuck around. "This part is over? Let's get it into fourth gear immediately and on to the next thing." And when the next thing isn't a kick-ass fight, it is often boobs. It's just fucking great. It has to be the most unlikely small masterpiece in recent times.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline slamjam

• Anny Roader
« Reply #122 on: April 9, 2016, 09:39:30 pm »
Haha  ;D I was almost ashamed to enjoy it at first, like I couldn't believe it was actually as good as it seemed. But it just kept going and growing. There's a fight scene from last season in and around a compact car that is possibly the best filmed fight I have ever seen, at least on television (broadcast or cable). The pacing is some of the best you'll find - they just do not fuck around. "This part is over? Let's get it into fourth gear immediately and on to the next thing." And when the next thing isn't a kick-ass fight, it is often boobs. It's just fucking great. It has to be the most unlikely small masterpiece in recent times.
When you think it can't get better it does I love the scene with the fat guy with the fbi agent.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Offline slamjam

• Anny Roader
« Reply #123 on: April 10, 2016, 01:48:27 am »
You could drop hood in nazi Germany and still believe he would get out. Il say it again this show shouldn't work but it does shame this is last season.

[Nobody cares what phone you have and that you are using the free version of Tapatalk]

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: April 10, 2016, 02:37:52 pm »
Damn it I was looking to catch up on this after watching most of the first season a while back but its been taken off the Sky Boxset list grrrrr  :no

Sent from my Hello Kitty Trapper Keeper using Biro pen

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2016, 10:31:54 am »
Gave up after the first six episodes of season one.
Was going to ask if it was worth jumping back on... then I read pistolero's "shite" comment off the first page and then his one just above so I think I have my answer. :-)

You're missing out on a belter of a show

Sent from my Etch-a-Sketch

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: April 12, 2016, 11:39:35 am »
When I saw the lights kick on over the bass player alone, I knew we were in for a Very Special Banshee Moment. Stop.
And then that second to last scene with the hose? Stop. It is fucking on. Stop.

Sent via Western Union Telegram

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2016, 10:42:22 am »
When I saw the lights kick on over the bass player alone, I knew we were in for a Very Special Banshee Moment. Stop.

Spoiler
Imagine if Proctor did care* about who Rebecca fucks!  ;D I wonder what would happen then.

*of course he does
[close]
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: April 16, 2016, 04:11:43 am »
Spoiler
Imagine if Proctor did care* about who Rebecca fucks!  ;D I wonder what would happen then.

*of course he does
[close]

Hahaha too right  ;D

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #129 on: April 17, 2016, 08:46:06 am »
forgot this airs on Friday, so a nice surprise in my download folder last night.....and another absolute belter of an episode - gutted about its premature demise but it's going out with a hell of a bang and no mistake  8)
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2016, 09:33:26 am »
Spoiler
Tough to see Job getting tortured and the bed scene was telling albeit expected. Love the revenge he had with one of these c*nts though. Didn't let him finish his sarcastic sentence and a lovely shot(literally) from the back of his head.
[close]

Still no Dushku

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #131 on: May 8, 2016, 01:20:47 am »
blimey...even by Banshee standards, episode 6 is a fuckin rasper
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Shabby14

• Anny Roader
« Reply #132 on: May 8, 2016, 02:02:10 pm »
Hood doesn't do too bad with the ladies does he...

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #133 on: May 21, 2016, 10:58:32 pm »

Gutted!! Episode 8 was the last one!

Fantastic TV series, Loved every single episode. Nothing at all on TV like this.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2016, 01:14:52 am »
Bat shit crazy to the end....

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #135 on: May 22, 2016, 11:01:11 am »
Not crazy about what I saw in the last season (although it had its moments just like the last episode) but all in all, great stuff. Thoroughly enjoyable series.

Offline Shabby14

• Anny Roader
« Reply #136 on: May 22, 2016, 07:52:53 pm »
Is it the end forever?
The last season was a bit weird with the serial killer outsider plot line. Whereas the other series stays just about the lead characters.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #137 on: May 23, 2016, 12:28:34 pm »
Exactly. Especially when you come out with just 8 episodes.

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: June 4, 2016, 03:44:32 pm »
I wanted to binge the last batch of this, so I am just on episode 5. I thought for sure Bow Tie was going to chainsaw that fucking horse in half hahaha - I'm happy for once that they showed some restraint  ;D

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #139 on: June 7, 2016, 02:13:52 pm »
Finally caught up with the final few episodes over the weekend.
Have to agree with most of the comments here about this season - the serial killer subplot didn't really work, Elisha Dushku didn't have enough to do / didn't get nekkid enough  :P, and Job in particular was missing way too much this season, but overall
FUCK
YEAH
BANSHEE!!!

It's been an awesome ride. Utterly ridiculous and pure pulp, yet true to the characters it created, by far and away the best action scenes ever committed to TV.  I hardly knew any of the actors in it  (apart from Frankie Faison) before it started, but I'll be watching out for where they'll appear from now on. I don't know how Antony Starr isn't an action movie star at this stage.

(Red Mongoose - I too thought Burton was going to chainsaw those horses.  :D)

As for the last episode, Brock in particular giving in to the madness and becoming not a lawman, but a Banshee Lawman, was a highlight.  I was glad the way the Carrie/Lucas story ended, and the ending was both poignant and upbeat (for Banshee).

'Banshee, Pennsylvania - suck my tit'.  Words to live by, Job.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: June 7, 2016, 03:00:18 pm »
Finally caught up with the final few episodes over the weekend.
Have to agree with most of the comments here about this season - the serial killer subplot didn't really work, Elisha Dushku didn't have enough to do / didn't get nekkid enough  :P, and Job in particular was missing way too much this season, but overall
FUCK
YEAH
BANSHEE!!!

It's been an awesome ride. Utterly ridiculous and pure pulp, yet true to the characters it created, by far and away the best action scenes ever committed to TV.  I hardly knew any of the actors in it  (apart from Frankie Faison) before it started, but I'll be watching out for where they'll appear from now on. I don't know how Antony Starr isn't an action movie star at this stage.

(Red Mongoose - I too thought Burton was going to chainsaw those horses.  :D)

As for the last episode, Brock in particular giving in to the madness and becoming not a lawman, but a Banshee Lawman, was a highlight.  I was glad the way the Carrie/Lucas story ended, and the ending was both poignant and upbeat (for Banshee).

'Banshee, Pennsylvania - suck my tit'.  Words to live by, Job.

Hahaha agree with all that.
You know the only way that ending could have been better? (And I know you will get this) If Carrie started crying and shouted:

"MILOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #141 on: June 7, 2016, 03:10:28 pm »

Hahaha agree with all that.
You know the only way that ending could have been better? (And I know you will get this) If Carrie started crying and shouted:

"MILOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

'Oh yeah Hood? Well, the Jerk store called....'

and SCENE.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: June 7, 2016, 03:24:38 pm »
'Oh yeah Hood? Well, the Jerk store called....'

and SCENE.

:lmao

Offline slamjam

• Anny Roader
« Reply #143 on: June 7, 2016, 06:27:03 pm »
So what's everyones favourite fight scene mine has to be this
https://youtu.be/_3Tq-OaSsUQ

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: June 7, 2016, 06:38:38 pm »
So what's everyones favourite fight scene mine has to be this
https://youtu.be/_3Tq-OaSsUQ

That's absolutely the one - it's one of the best fight scenes I've ever seen, anywhere.

Offline slamjam

• Anny Roader
« Reply #145 on: June 7, 2016, 06:40:55 pm »
That's absolutely the one - it's one of the best fight scenes I've ever seen, anywhere.
The tomahawk coming out of nowhere and the car used as a weapon there is so many fights but this one just stands out. I also liked the fight with the mma fighter aswell.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: June 8, 2016, 12:28:18 am »
Just starting this now.

Offline The Highway Man

• Kemlynite
    • Online Exiles
« Reply #147 on: June 9, 2016, 07:55:20 am »
I've loved every single episode of this show, I've got the whole lot downloaded so I can watch it over and over. ;)

Offline Ale-lujah! Ale-lujah!

• Main Stander
« Reply #148 on: June 11, 2016, 12:30:29 am »
I've loved every single episode of this show, I've got the whole lot downloaded so I can watch it over and over. ;)

I do love Banshee - I think it works superbly as what it is which is a real one off type show with a great cast but It's never struck me as the sort of show I'd want to watch again once the story has unfolded . Never thought of it in that context

Offline momo22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: August 8, 2016, 10:25:41 pm »
I'm 6 episodes in on season 1 of this show and I'm wondering if there's a certain way to also watch the Origin shorts? Should I watch them all before a certain season, or should I watch episode 1 of Banshee then episode 1 of Origins etc?
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #150 on: August 9, 2016, 03:51:51 am »
I'm 6 episodes in on season 1 of this show and I'm wondering if there's a certain way to also watch the Origin shorts? Should I watch them all before a certain season, or should I watch episode 1 of Banshee then episode 1 of Origins etc?
Wait. What now?

Of what do you speak? I must know more about these...Origins.

Offline slamjam

• Anny Roader
« Reply #151 on: August 9, 2016, 05:39:03 pm »
Wait. What now?

Of what do you speak? I must know more about these...Origins.
I didn't know got some to watch now all on YouTube.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: December 6, 2016, 11:04:43 am »
I watched the first 7 episodes of Banshee a few months ago and left it alone for one reason or another but picked it up again this week, watched the last 3 and finished season 1.  Have now started on season 2 and I cant deny it, i love it.

The fight between Carrie (Ana) and Olek at the end of last season was so far fetched it was insane but fucking epic at the same time.  Although massively exaggerated, the fight sequences are done really well I must admit

It's escapism TV at its best.  We all know its a million miles away from high Brow TV but if you love Banshee, you LOVE Banshee.

Also, the eye candy in this show is on another level.

Dear god, Kai Proctors's niece Rebecca is one of the sexiest girls I've EVER seen on TV and Nola Longshadow is mighty fine soon.  Needless to say Hood shagged them both within minutes of meeting them. :)

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: December 6, 2016, 12:46:13 pm »
I watched the first 7 episodes of Banshee a few months ago and left it alone for one reason or another but picked it up again this week, watched the last 3 and finished season 1.  Have now started on season 2 and I cant deny it, i love it.

The fight between Carrie (Ana) and Olek at the end of last season was so far fetched it was insane but fucking epic at the same time.  Although massively exaggerated, the fight sequences are done really well I must admit

It's escapism TV at its best.  We all know its a million miles away from high Brow TV but if you love Banshee, you LOVE Banshee.

Also, the eye candy in this show is on another level.

Dear god, Kai Proctors's niece Rebecca is one of the sexiest girls I've EVER seen on TV and Nola Longshadow is mighty fine soon.  Needless to say Hood shagged them both within minutes of meeting them. :)

;D

It's quality, eh Pete? Massive love for this show. Thank you for the boobs and blood, Banshee - ye shan't be forgot!

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: December 6, 2016, 01:09:44 pm »
;D

It's quality, eh Pete? Massive love for this show. Thank you for the boobs and blood, Banshee - ye shan't be forgot!

:)

I love it when there is a lull in the sex and violence for more than 10 minutes. You just know what's coming

Its like the writers/producers think..Errr hold on minute, this ain't right... lets throw in another bar fight, Bank Robbery, Hood shagging one of the fit characters (again) etc.

Its a probably a show I will watch in fits and starts as I reckon a binge watch of all 4 seasons will be overkill.

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: December 6, 2016, 01:28:36 pm »
:)

I love it when there is a lull in the sex and violence for more than 10 minutes. You just know what's coming

Its like the writers/producers think..Errr hold on minute, this ain't right... lets throw in another bar fight, Bank Robbery, Hood shagging one of the fit characters (again) etc.

Its a probably a show I will watch in fits and starts as I reckon a binge watch of all 4 seasons will be overkill.

OH you know what, I just realized you only finished the first series - oh man, there is some tremendous stuff coming up.
Let us know when you've watched the fight in/through the car - you'll know what I mean when you see it  ;)
Enjoy pal  :thumbup

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: December 6, 2016, 02:11:47 pm »
Noticed Kevin Gage played the redneck robber Lance in season 1 until Hood Killed him.

Gage played the part of Waingro in "Heat" and one of my favourite movie Villains of all time (second only to Clarence Boddiker in Robocop)

Not sure if a big part in one of the greatest films ever made to a bit part in Banshee is a sign of how his career has gone since 1994 but sure he got paid well for it :)

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: January 5, 2017, 09:31:21 pm »
Well that's season 2 at an end for me. And what a rip-roaring, rollicking good ride that was.

On to Season 3 now which looks like its going to be a good one judging by the few posts from back in Jan 2015 in this thread i cast my eyes over earlier.

So season 2 is finished and no more
Spoiler
Rabbit and the Ukrainian Mafia
[close]
:(

But thankfully season 3 will still give me more of...oh my
Spoiler
The utterly scrumptious Rebecca, Hell what a women :lickin
[close]

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #158 on: January 5, 2017, 10:18:20 pm »
Brilliant show, the violence,sex and humour.

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: January 6, 2017, 08:52:31 am »
Well that's season 2 at an end for me. And what a rip-roaring, rollicking good ride that was.

On to Season 3 now which looks like its going to be a good one judging by the few posts from back in Jan 2015 in this thread i cast my eyes over earlier.

So season 2 is finished and no more
Spoiler
Rabbit and the Ukrainian Mafia
[close]
:(

But thankfully season 3 will still give me more of...oh my
Spoiler
The utterly scrumptious Rebecca, Hell what a women :lickin
[close]

She is a stunner. I especially appreciate the fact that she isn't shy  :P And that Native American one (Nola?) is just eye-melting as well.