Author Topic: Marvel Musings. Now with Spidey Spoilers.  (Read 631858 times)

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Marvel Musings
« Reply #3080 on: April 19, 2017, 08:38:49 pm »
Watched the first season of Iron Fist. It was decent. I really liked Ward Meachum. The hero himself was a bit bland. But I'll watch season 2.

Just started the first episode and liked it, couldn't decide between Iron Fist, Dare Daredevil or Jessica Jones. Trying to fit them all in before The Defenders starts.

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #3081 on: April 24, 2017, 04:47:12 pm »
Watching GoTG 2 tonight. Cant wait for this!! Will post non-spolier review on here tomorrow.

Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3082 on: April 24, 2017, 08:23:26 pm »
Just finished Iron First. It did have its problems but it was still pretty enjoyable TV. It wasn't anywhere near to the levels of Jessica Jones or Daredevil, but I liked it better than Luke Cage (thought the first half of LC was excellent but it fell of a cliff in the second half). Ward was a great character. And I knew I recognized Harold from somewhere, couldn't believe he was Faramir from LOTR when I checked him on imdb!

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #3083 on: April 25, 2017, 10:03:25 am »
Watching GoTG 2 tonight. Cant wait for this!! Will post non-spolier review on here tomorrow.

Was a great film, funny as hell with a great plot twist. 5 Post credits scenes. IMO not better than the 1st, but probably top 5. For me it now goes, Civil War, Winter solider, GotG 1, Avengers 1 and GotG 2.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #3084 on: April 25, 2017, 11:11:02 am »
I watched it today and thought it was ok, but not great. I thought they went way overboard with the shite 70's and 80's references. I loved the first one and knew it had a lot to live up to, but this one didn't do it for me.
We are Liverpool!

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #3085 on: April 25, 2017, 03:34:37 pm »
anyone else watching Agents of shield? this current story arc is brilliant!

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3086 on: April 25, 2017, 04:19:07 pm »
anyone else watching Agents of shield? this current story arc is brilliant!

I am but I've been struggling with it all season, none of the antagonists have really interested me and Ghost Rider was wasted.

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #3087 on: April 25, 2017, 04:55:23 pm »
I am but I've been struggling with it all season, none of the antagonists have really interested me and Ghost Rider was wasted.

yeah thought the ghost rider was rushed. the LMD wasn't great, but liking this new agents of hydra stuff. Hopefully they can end it well.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3088 on: April 28, 2017, 04:03:37 pm »
Just seen Guardians volume 2, whilst it's lost the surprise factor that made the first such a delightful it's managed to keep it's blend of humour and action that made the first so good.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3089 on: April 28, 2017, 08:54:50 pm »
Was a great film, funny as hell with a great plot twist. 5 Post credits scenes. IMO not better than the 1st, but probably top 5. For me it now goes, Civil War, Winter solider, GotG 1, Avengers 1 and GotG 2.
Thought the pacing of the movie was awful and the film was trying to cram to much stuff into it

Nowhere near as good as the first one and a major step down from it

Overall I would give the movie a 5/10, probably the worst movie i've seen in the cinema this year and unlike the first one which i have rewatched at least ten times. I probably won't be watching this again any time soon.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #3090 on: April 30, 2017, 12:29:50 am »
It was very ambitious to try and capture what they did with the first one but I think it comes close. Lots of little loose ends sorted so that it's all ready for infinity war. But equal parts silly, serious and fun.

Dave Batista owns that film

Easily makes my top 5 MCU films.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #3091 on: April 30, 2017, 02:48:28 am »
I think it took about a third to a quarter of the movie to get started. It was lots of fun, once it did.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3092 on: April 30, 2017, 11:49:18 am »
Its a continuation rather than something completely new, which to be honest Im ok with. The first was so perfect because it was so different and fresh, and its impossible to recapture that excitement and discovery, but the tone, the characters, the humour and visuals are all bang on yet again. I avoided everything leading up to it, and the discovery of the jokes, surprise characters and how bonkers it all looked was fantastic, will be doing the same with Ragnarok later in the year.

Maybe suffers from not doing much different, people will likely say its just more of the same, but for me it was pure comic book entertainment, and I dont think any other films in the genre do it as well as this. I think the range of opinions will be more varied compared to the original, Ive seen some thought it was just ok, but others loved it more than the original. Its absolutely worth checking out for yourself.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3093 on: May 2, 2017, 09:33:52 am »
Didn't realize there were 5 post credit scenes, just seen the first. Can anyone summarise them?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3094 on: May 2, 2017, 09:35:18 am »
Didn't realize there were 5 post credit scenes, just seen the first. Can anyone summarise them?

With BIG spoiler markers please  :wave
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3095 on: May 2, 2017, 09:54:50 am »

ALL THE END CREDIT/POST CREDIT BITS AND BOBS. SPOILERS, YO:

Spoiler
First is obviously Kraglin messing around with Yondu's fin and whistle arrow, and injuring Drax with it (just in case anyone hadnt seen it).

Second is Stallone talking to some of the other Ravager captains saying its been too long and they should get back together. I didnt spot it at the time, but they're supposed to be the guys who were the original Guardians in the comics. Stallone is Starhawk, who brought them together originally, before the newer team of Guardians which came a lot later.

Third is the gold high priestess talking with another gold person, who says the council are unimpressed with her efforts to kill the Guardians, but she says she has created something that will do the job, as she looks over to a big golden pod, and says "I think I will call him, Adam". This is Adam Warlock, Thanos' nemesis and hugely powerful hero from the comics. He also had the soul gem, which may explain why we havent seen it yet. Basically, Adam Warlock is coming at some point and it'll be awesome.

Fourth was Star-Lord walking in on a now teenage Groot, whos bark sheddings are everywhere in his room. Quill is ranting at him about the mess and Groot is just playing a video game. Fun. Also probably means Groot will be back to regular size next time we see him.

Last one is back to Stan Lee talking with the Watchers, who are wandering off, bored of his endless stories. This calls back to the scene mid-way through the film, and the fan theory of why Stan shows up everywhere is he is a Watcher. One of the ancient beings who document the events of the universe throughout time.

Bonus: In the credits, theres some bubbles where the characters are dancing along with whatever song is playing, and in one of them its Jeff Goldblum in full Grandmaster costume ;D. No one seemed to notice in my screening, but I loved it.

Let me know if I missed anything.
[close]

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3096 on: May 3, 2017, 02:01:49 pm »
ALL THE END CREDIT/POST CREDIT BITS AND BOBS. SPOILERS, YO:

Spoiler
First is obviously Kraglin messing around with Yondu's fin and whistle arrow, and injuring Drax with it (just in case anyone hadnt seen it).

Second is Stallone talking to some of the other Ravager captains saying its been too long and they should get back together. I didnt spot it at the time, but they're supposed to be the guys who were the original Guardians in the comics. Stallone is Starhawk, who brought them together originally, before the newer team of Guardians which came a lot later.

Third is the gold high priestess talking with another gold person, who says the council are unimpressed with her efforts to kill the Guardians, but she says she has created something that will do the job, as she looks over to a big golden pod, and says "I think I will call him, Adam". This is Adam Warlock, Thanos' nemesis and hugely powerful hero from the comics. He also had the soul gem, which may explain why we havent seen it yet. Basically, Adam Warlock is coming at some point and it'll be awesome.

Fourth was Star-Lord walking in on a now teenage Groot, whos bark sheddings are everywhere in his room. Quill is ranting at him about the mess and Groot is just playing a video game. Fun. Also probably means Groot will be back to regular size next time we see him.

Last one is back to Stan Lee talking with the Watchers, who are wandering off, bored of his endless stories. This calls back to the scene mid-way through the film, and the fan theory of why Stan shows up everywhere is he is a Watcher. One of the ancient beings who document the events of the universe throughout time.

Bonus: In the credits, theres some bubbles where the characters are dancing along with whatever song is playing, and in one of them its Jeff Goldblum in full Grandmaster costume ;D. No one seemed to notice in my screening, but I loved it.

Let me know if I missed anything.
[close]

Spoiler
I noticed that and thought it was leading to the last credits scene being Goldblum in his Thor get up.....sadly not though
[close]
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #3097 on: May 3, 2017, 04:53:07 pm »
I didn't really care for Iron Fist, and the choreography was a bit of a mess because there was so little time to get it done. But I have high hopes the Marvel Netflix universe will bounce back with this.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4h3m7B4v6Zc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4h3m7B4v6Zc</a>
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #3098 on: May 3, 2017, 07:09:27 pm »
I didn't really care for Iron Fist, and the choreography was a bit of a mess because there was so little time to get it done. But I have high hopes the Marvel Netflix universe will bounce back with this.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4h3m7B4v6Zc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4h3m7B4v6Zc</a>

The guy responsible for Iron Fist was the same one who drove Dexter into a laughable mess.

The showrunners for Daredevil are handling this, the issue for me is they seemed to give up half way through Daredevil season 2 and turned it into a lame fight-a-ninja Scii Fi channel B movie.
:D

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #3099 on: May 3, 2017, 09:16:34 pm »
Just got out from GOTG2. Still grinning like an idiot. So much fun.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3100 on: May 8, 2017, 09:39:34 am »
Enjoyed Guardians 2.  Not as good as the first one and felt like it dragged a little in the middle but still really fun.  The bit where they're bouncing through all the portals with looney tunes faces was hilarious.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3101 on: May 8, 2017, 09:30:58 pm »
I thought Guardians 2 was better than the first one. It's certainly a far better sequel than I ever imagined it would be. I thought it would have just been the usual more of the same, but pulled it off without it feeling too much like it was trying hard to recapture what made the first a success, even though it had most of the ingredients in what made the first a success.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3102 on: May 9, 2017, 12:00:59 am »
My friend made a good comment about Guardians 2.

Spoiler
Essentially he said it was a neat trick for the screenwriter to split the gang in two, where the Groot/Yondu/Rocket plot strand had more action, while the pacing on Planet Ego was relatively slow. Effectively this kept the audience's attention through what was actually a pretty boring main first and second arcs.

It finished strongly, both in terms of the action and tying the thematic strands together, but Ego wasn't especially compelling along the way, and the stuff with Gamora even less so.
[close]

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #3103 on: May 10, 2017, 09:46:26 am »
My friend made a good comment about Guardians 2.

Spoiler
Essentially he said it was a neat trick for the screenwriter to split the gang in two, where the Groot/Yondu/Rocket plot strand had more action, while the pacing on Planet Ego was relatively slow. Effectively this kept the audience's attention through what was actually a pretty boring main first and second arcs.

It finished strongly, both in terms of the action and tying the thematic strands together, but Ego wasn't especially compelling along the way, and the stuff with Gamora even less so.
[close]

You friend is quite a smart cookie, that is a very astute comment.

Actually

Spoiler
I thought the one weakness in the film was that the Yondu story arc was stronger than the main plotline
with Ego and Starlord. We get to Ego really quickly in the story and find out straight away (okay it is in the trailer) that he's the father. Then all we do is wait around, and it is an obvious plot point then whenever you meet a character
who is meant to be a God, there is inevitably something terribly wrong there. That and if we are nitpicky, how come a living God is essentially like a Death Star with a hidden weak spot that can be blown up with a bomb? Overall it a greats piece of entertainment and I read an interesting article that suggests that while Marvel CU are not really interested in romantic plotlines, this doesn't matter because the real narrative in GOTG and Avengers is about FAMILY, staying together/not staying together and the ties that bond unconventional families. That thread can last a long time through different movies. 
[close]
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 09:53:19 am by lionel_messias »
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3104 on: May 10, 2017, 12:28:46 pm »

Spoiler
That and if we are nitpicky, how come a living God is essentially like a Death Star with a hidden weak spot that can be blown up with a bomb?
[close]

Spoiler
Just to answer this point, its more like Ego is essentially a giant brain that managed to control matter around it, so its only like shooting someone in the head. Its not really a hidden weakness, its just a living organism that needs its brain to live and blowing that up kills it.
[close]

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3105 on: May 10, 2017, 12:37:43 pm »
Walked out after the 2nd post credits scene thinking that was it.  :butt

Anyone know if they're available online?
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #3106 on: May 10, 2017, 12:41:31 pm »
I think i've come to a conclusion about GotG 2 that most will probably agree with

It's the 2nd best Marvel MCU 2nd movie.

Winter soldier
GotG2
Age of Ultron
Iron man 2
Thor Dark World

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3107 on: May 10, 2017, 02:33:32 pm »
I think i've come to a conclusion about GotG 2 that most will probably agree with

It's the 2nd best Marvel MCU 2nd movie.

Winter soldier
GotG2
Age of Ultron
Iron man 2
Thor Dark World

Not a high bar to clear to come second out of that lot.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #3108 on: May 10, 2017, 03:11:39 pm »
Quicker to say this is only the second second film that's been good. And top three of all sequels.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3109 on: May 10, 2017, 04:26:00 pm »
Spoiler
Just to answer this point, its more like Ego is essentially a giant brain that managed to control matter around it, so its only like shooting someone in the head. Its not really a hidden weakness, its just a living organism that needs its brain to live and blowing that up kills it.
[close]

I understand that from a pseudo-science made up perspective but from a narrative POV, it's still a similar action. And the creature in question is still just a "thing" to be blown up, which ultimately is the issue with many of Marvel's third acts.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #3110 on: May 10, 2017, 05:05:34 pm »
Donald Glover’s ‘Deadpool’ Animated Series Is Coming To FXX

A few years ago, the internet, as it’s wont to do, threw a hissy fit when Donald Glover wasn’t picked to play Peter Parker in The Amazing Spider-Man. But things turned out pretty well for him. For one thing, Marc Webb’s reboot and its sequel, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, weren’t very good. Also, Glover ended up voicing Miles Morales in Disney’s Ultimate Spider-Man, and he was cast in the upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming, and he created and stars in one of the most critically-admired shows on television, and he released the Billboard 200-charting “Awaken, My Love!”, and he’s playing Lando Freakin’ Calrissian in the Han Solo spinoff movie. Everything’s coming up Glover.

But he’s just getting started.

FXX announced today that Donald and his younger brother Stephen Glover (who produces Atlanta) will serve as showrunners, executive producers, and writers for an animated series based on Deadpool. The still-untitled show, a partnership between Marvel Television, FX Productions, and ABC Signature Studios, will debut for a 10-episode season sometime in 2018.

“Donald Glover is an incredibly gifted and versatile artist who’ll bring the untitled Marvel’s Deadpool series to life with the same intense, singular vision as his breakout hit Atlanta,” said Nick Grad, FX’s co-president of original programming, in a statement. “With the success of Legion, we’re looking forward to again partnering with Marvel Television to create a series that is bold, striking, and entirely original.” Making it animated is a solid beginning.

If anyone can find a use for the invisible car from Atlanta, it’s Deadpool.

http://uproxx.com/tv/deadpool-show-fxx-donald-glover/
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3111 on: May 10, 2017, 07:49:42 pm »
You friend is quite a smart cookie, that is a very astute comment.

Actually

Spoiler
I thought the one weakness in the film was that the Yondu story arc was stronger than the main plotline
with Ego and Starlord. We get to Ego really quickly in the story and find out straight away (okay it is in the trailer) that he's the father. Then all we do is wait around, and it is an obvious plot point then whenever you meet a character
who is meant to be a God, there is inevitably something terribly wrong there. That and if we are nitpicky, how come a living God is essentially like a Death Star with a hidden weak spot that can be blown up with a bomb? Overall it a greats piece of entertainment and I read an interesting article that suggests that while Marvel CU are not really interested in romantic plotlines, this doesn't matter because the real narrative in GOTG and Avengers is about FAMILY, staying together/not staying together and the ties that bond unconventional families. That thread can last a long time through different movies. 
[close]
I think that was the point, really. The Yondu plotline was the heart of the story. It was actually the focal point of the film, and that was illustrated perfectly by the ending. Ego's role in the 3rd act was just something for everyone to get together again and team up against. The 3rd act was just in there for action and for an overall feeling to give the Guardian's something to do, because that's what they are supposed to do.  I thought that was the weakest part of the film.  Everything else, though, including the in-between bits with Ego, was more character driven. I think that's the strong point of the two Guardian films over the rest of the Marvel stuff, is that the characters are genuinely likeable, and Guardians 2 just focused on that even more so than the first.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 07:51:58 pm by Macphisto80 »

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3112 on: May 11, 2017, 12:09:25 pm »
Looking forward to The Defenders, just finished Iron Fist, not hundred percent sure what he will bring to it, if they need to punch a door down surely Luke Cage is enough.
Misty Knight is in it though, so its all good.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 10:40:52 pm by Nitramdorf »

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3113 on: May 11, 2017, 12:50:42 pm »
I think that was the point, really. The Yondu plotline was the heart of the story. It was actually the focal point of the film, and that was illustrated perfectly by the ending. Ego's role in the 3rd act was just something for everyone to get together again and team up against. The 3rd act was just in there for action and for an overall feeling to give the Guardian's something to do, because that's what they are supposed to do.  I thought that was the weakest part of the film.  Everything else, though, including the in-between bits with Ego, was more character driven. I think that's the strong point of the two Guardian films over the rest of the Marvel stuff, is that the characters are genuinely likeable, and Guardians 2 just focused on that even more so than the first.

Can't disagree with any of that. That's it, there has to be some central strand/villain that get's everyone involved in the last act. Wouldn't it be great is that last central act was something really cool and unexpected for once?
If they manage that, perhaps Marvel will make their FIRST great film, and not just a series of good ones    *runs*

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3114 on: May 12, 2017, 01:53:44 am »
Can't disagree with any of that. That's it, there has to be some central strand/villain that get's everyone involved in the last act. Wouldn't it be great is that last central act was something really cool and unexpected for once?
If they manage that, perhaps Marvel will make their FIRST great film, and not just a series of good ones    *runs*

Yep. There always has to be the grand event to save everyone. If it isn't a big laser shooting into the sky, an intergalactic worm hole, a flying city, then its usually a bigger, badder version of the good guys. It's predictable and it all seems the same, which is why I was disappointed by the last bit. What I wouldn't mind is if they even got the 3rd act out of the way by making it the 1st act.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3115 on: May 12, 2017, 06:25:59 am »
You need the lion's share of the action at the end so there's something to build towards, that's pretty much screenwriting 101 when it comes to an action adventure flick. If they do the most impressive thing at the start of the film the ending is bound to be an anticlimax.

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #3116 on: May 12, 2017, 09:53:58 am »
Spoiler
Don't really get all the hate on the 2nd act hate, the whole point of that act is build the relationship between the characters and make you care about them, by the end of the 2nd act you care about Yondu and don't wanna see him die and then when Ego says he gave Star-lords mother cancer you start to hate him because for the whole film he acts as the good guy dad. Thought it was pretty well done myself
[close]

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #3117 on: May 12, 2017, 11:59:54 am »
Watched GoTG2 yesterday.

Got much better after the 1st half which suffered  a lot imo from the frequency of silly, childish jokes. especially in the case of Drax, was an overkill I thought. Another negative I found is the lack of a 'real' villain. MCU Ronan was nowhere near great but felt like more of a threat. I understand the need to include that certain character in the 2nd installment, just didn't work (as a threat) that well imo.

Anyway, since the mid of the film, it picked up the pace and a couple of characters helped it a lot. All in all good stuff, the protagonists are ones that you always like but didn't find it as good as the first.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 12:03:43 pm by Yiannis »
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3118 on: May 12, 2017, 01:27:55 pm »
You need the lion's share of the action at the end so there's something to build towards, that's pretty much screenwriting 101 when it comes to an action adventure flick. If they do the most impressive thing at the start of the film the ending is bound to be an anticlimax.

They don't have to do that Infinity Wars, they could finish on a stupendous cliff-hanger.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3119 on: May 12, 2017, 11:34:30 pm »
Guardians of the galaxy 2 was brilliant. Had me and my boy in stitches