Author Topic: Twin Peaks  (Read 47488 times)

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
Re: Twin Peaks
« Reply #200 on: April 23, 2015, 07:26:57 am »
Thanks Rob.

Do you happen to know what scene?
It's the scene where Ben Horne is in a cell and his brother visits.  They both reminisce about when they were children and they watched a local girl called Louise Dombrowski dance.  You see a silhouetted figure dance provocatively, the silhouetted figure is Emily Fincher.

She worked on Twin Peaks as a director's assistant at the time and it was a spur of the moment thing.

It's season 2 episode 8.

Online S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #201 on: April 23, 2015, 04:28:11 pm »

It's the scene where Ben Horne is in a cell and his brother visits.  They both reminisce about when they were children and they watched a local girl called Louise Dombrowski dance.  You see a silhouetted figure dance provocatively, the silhouetted figure is Emily Fincher.

She worked on Twin Peaks as a director's assistant at the time and it was a spur of the moment thing.

It's season 2 episode 8.
Cool. Any scene with Ben and his brother is certainly worth another watch.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: May 16, 2015, 03:57:04 am »

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: May 16, 2015, 05:39:15 am »
There are also going to be more than the previously announced nine episodes, rumours of twelve on a couple of Twin Peaks sites with Lynch still directing them all.  Seems like a compromise, Showtime agreeing to the budget, but managing to squeeze out extra episodes to help cover it.

I'm pleased Lynch is back on board, but I still think there's a bumpy road ahead.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: May 16, 2015, 07:58:38 am »
Just came in to post that news, you lads are quick ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: May 16, 2015, 01:52:04 pm »
Great news indeed :)

Was hoping it was some kind of play by Lynch in order to get Showtime to agree to things on his terms.. was starting to give up hope with how long it had been without any news though.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: May 17, 2015, 03:17:27 am »
Awesome. Need to do a re run through to get ready for this :D

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: May 24, 2015, 01:44:55 pm »
So, according to Sherilyn Fenn and Sheryl Lee there are now going to be eighteen new episodes instead of the originally planned nine.

Also Angelo Badalamenti is composing brand new music for the show. 

It's due to start shooting in September.

Offline flw

• Famous Last Words
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • History is made so we never forget
« Reply #208 on: May 26, 2015, 02:26:59 pm »
 Watched this when it first came out, The music was great too, after such a long gap can they make it just as interesting with a follow up series ?
If you have faith, you have everything.
Without it  , you have nothing.

If you are blind, you cannot see, If you are deaf you cannot hear, but if you are dumb God help you

We are like grains of sand, one amongst millions ,  and like sand ...when you walk this earth we leave behind out footprints

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: May 26, 2015, 04:02:08 pm »
Watched this when it first came out, The music was great too, after such a long gap can they make it just as interesting with a follow up series ?

I hope so.
Love the theme tune. Been trying to play it on guitar for ages but the only way you can translate it from piano is with funny tunings and I've not the patience...rather learn piano instead :P one day...

Todd Terje's tune with Bryan Ferry last year, 'Johnny & Mary', had a lovely similar vibe to Badalamenti's tune. Definitely inspired by it on some level.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline WTF?

• Anny Roader
  • These go to 11
« Reply #210 on: May 26, 2015, 05:23:01 pm »
Awesome. Need to do a re run through to get ready for this :D

I've been doing that, and had forgotten just how spectacularly bad Season 2 was. Hope they can recapture what made the first season so great with the new stuff.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: May 26, 2015, 05:30:30 pm »
I like season two, barring a couple of storylines.   It does go downhill after the 'mystery' is solved but the last couple are as good as any.

Offline livesound

• Kopite
« Reply #212 on: June 13, 2015, 11:02:47 pm »
Finished me first watch of this the other night. Will need to watch the film which a lot seem 50/50 on. The actual mystery in season 1/early season 2 is incredibly good. I even enjoyed most of Season 2, especially the ending, which was incredibly creepy to me! Really good series this, shame it took me forever to watch!

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #213 on: June 13, 2015, 11:29:00 pm »
I've been doing that, and had forgotten just how spectacularly bad Season 2 was. Hope they can recapture what made the first season so great with the new stuff.

Admittedly most of season 2 was bad but the beginning (first 4/5 episodes) were almost as good as the first series and the end was brilliant when Lynch came back to direct.

Have high hopes for the new series with Lynch/Frost working on the whole project and not disappearing to direct another film during the series.

Can't wait for the book from Mark Frost too !!
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: June 13, 2015, 11:39:43 pm »
I think your enjoyment of Fire Walk With Me depends on your expectations.  If you watch the film expecting it to answer questions the show asked, you're likely to be disappointed. 

It expands on the mythology, albeit in a much darker way, you get to know certain characters better and see the final days of Laura, but that's about it.

I think the film is masterpiece, although it's taken a few viewings to reach that conclusion.  It's very much a precursor to Mulholland Drive and the sublime Inland Empire.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: July 22, 2015, 09:50:15 am »
Anyone going to this -

http://www.twinpeaksukfestival.com/

I've just booked my tickets, touch expensive at £180 for the weekend but you get to cosy up to Madchen Amick and Sheryl Lee.  There are also screenings of Fire Walk With Me and Blue Velvet.  Julee Cruise is also performing.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #216 on: September 9, 2015, 09:19:32 pm »
Finished me first watch of this the other night. Will need to watch the film which a lot seem 50/50 on. The actual mystery in season 1/early season 2 is incredibly good. I even enjoyed most of Season 2, especially the ending, which was incredibly creepy to me! Really good series this, shame it took me forever to watch!

Same here - just finished the series now on Netflix, was really good
Can't even imagine how weird and different this would have been when it came out.
It's just a fun show with enough weirdness and kookyness in it to keep you guessing wondering where it'll go.
I was too young to enjoy it first time around but why it took me so long to watch I'll never know.

I wouldn't say its now a favourite or anything but it was fun... I'd imagine for those who saw it originally it'll be much more highly cherished and obviously it paved the way for other shows too.

Oh and Audrey Horne....Wow.

The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: September 9, 2015, 09:41:12 pm »

Can't even imagine how weird and different this would have been when it came out.
It's just a fun show with enough weirdness and kookyness in it to keep you guessing wondering where it'll go.
I was too young to enjoy it first time around but why it took me so long to watch I'll never know.

I wouldn't say its now a favourite or anything but it was fun... I'd imagine for those who saw it originally it'll be much more highly cherished and obviously it paved the way for other shows too.

I watched it as it aired on BBC 2, I must of been around fifteen.  Most of my mates watched an episode or two and gave up, I was transfixed by every episode, I even loved that period after the murder was solved.

It's my favourite show of all time, I actually mourned it for a while, I watch it at least once a year and miss the town and characters once I'm done.  I'd be perfectly happy with a channel that just aired Twin Peaks and The X Files on a continuous loop, even though I own both.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: September 9, 2015, 10:08:12 pm »

They'll do well to find another Audrey Horne type for the new series no one springs to mind, hypnotic that lass was owned every scene 😜

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: September 9, 2015, 10:37:09 pm »
I watched it as it aired on BBC 2, I must of been around fifteen.  Most of my mates watched an episode or two and gave up, I was transfixed by every episode, I even loved that period after the murder was solved.

It's my favourite show of all time, I actually mourned it for a while, I watch it at least once a year and miss the town and characters once I'm done.  I'd be perfectly happy with a channel that just aired Twin Peaks and The X Files on a continuous loop, even though I own both.

I agree there, there's something extremely charming and hypnotic about the show, it was never boring...It's very watchable and kooky and kinda sweet - a unique experience.
X-Files is one of my favourite shows ever so I hear you there, I  was a teenager when I first watched that when it originally aired - and I still watch and love it to this day.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: September 9, 2015, 10:39:29 pm »
They'll do well to find another Audrey Horne type for the new series no one springs to mind, hypnotic that lass was owned every scene 😜

Yup - absolutely stunning.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: September 19, 2015, 01:09:59 pm »
It's being reported that Amanda Seyfried has landed a pivotal role in the show.  The rumours are she's set to play Coop and Annie's daughter.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #222 on: September 19, 2015, 02:10:06 pm »
It's being reported that Amanda Seyfried has landed a pivotal role in the show.  The rumours are she's set to play Coop and Annie's daughter.

Big actor for Twin Peaks. Does look a bit like Heather Graham to be fair, too.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #223 on: September 19, 2015, 07:14:13 pm »
Who will be killed first?

What actors have confirmed? Last I read, it was most of the cast wasn't it?
Continually on 11,420.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: September 20, 2015, 01:58:24 pm »
Who will be killed first?

What actors have confirmed? Last I read, it was most of the cast wasn't it?

Madchen Amick has I think ... shes still gorgeous as well which is only a good thing in my book

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: September 20, 2015, 02:07:13 pm »
The only cast member that has been 'officially' confirmed is Kyle MacLachlan, plenty have hinted at being involved and Sheryl Lee, Madchen Amick, Dana Ashbrook and Peggy Lipton have all been spotted in Washington.  The only ones I can't see returning (apart from those that have passed away and minor characters) are Lara Flynn Boyle, James Marshall and Michael Ontkean, the latter has no interest, the first two apparently haven't been asked.  There are rumours Moira Kelly is returning as Donna and Ray Wise is said to be involved.

I'm off to the Twin Peaks festival early next month, Sheryl Lee, Dana Ashbrook and Madchen Amick were all supposed to be in attendance, the first two have pulled out due to 'filming commitments' so that's a pretty big hint, Madchen Amick is still attending though.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #226 on: September 20, 2015, 02:12:21 pm »
I was going to go, but at the price, what was it? £250?

I genuinely couldn't see myself enjoying it that much.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: September 20, 2015, 02:20:31 pm »
I was going to go, but at the price, what was it? £250?

I genuinely couldn't see myself enjoying it that much.

I paid £180 for the weekend, that includes signing sessions with three cast members (there's only about three attending anyway), a Q&A with the attending cast, screenings of Fire Walk With Me and Blue Velvet, a Julee Cruise performance and entry to the festival wrap party where I'll get the chance to club Madchen Amick over the head and throw her in my boot.  There's also plenty of other odds and ends.

I think the VIP pass was £250, that has 'VIP' signing sessions.  I'll only regret not buying those tickets if David Lynch himself turns up and that isn't going to happen (watch it happen).

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: September 20, 2015, 02:33:29 pm »
This thread just reminded me I have tickets to see Xiu Xiu play the music from Twin Peaks at the Sage in Gateshead next month.

+1 for Audrey Horne fan club.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: September 21, 2015, 06:41:12 pm »

Mmm Im not a fan of hers but Im sure Lynch can get something from her. She looks weird.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: September 21, 2015, 08:47:27 pm »
Mmm Im not a fan of hers but Im sure Lynch can get something from her. She looks weird.
In a very good way to my eyes. She's lovely. She reminds me of a young Virginia Madsen in Dune.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 08:49:22 pm by Macphisto80 »

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #231 on: September 21, 2015, 09:38:01 pm »
She is well going to go missing or something...

Sorry for the spoilers. ;)
Continually on 11,420.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #232 on: September 21, 2015, 09:39:58 pm »
The only cast member that has been 'officially' confirmed is Kyle MacLachlan, plenty have hinted at being involved and Sheryl Lee, Madchen Amick, Dana Ashbrook and Peggy Lipton have all been spotted in Washington.  The only ones I can't see returning (apart from those that have passed away and minor characters) are Lara Flynn Boyle, James Marshall and Michael Ontkean, the latter has no interest, the first two apparently haven't been asked.  There are rumours Moira Kelly is returning as Donna and Ray Wise is said to be involved.

I'm off to the Twin Peaks festival early next month, Sheryl Lee, Dana Ashbrook and Madchen Amick were all supposed to be in attendance, the first two have pulled out due to 'filming commitments' so that's a pretty big hint, Madchen Amick is still attending though.

WHAT. No Truman?!
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: September 21, 2015, 09:45:36 pm »
In a very good way to my eyes. She's lovely. She reminds me of a young Virginia Madsen in Dune.

Each to their own and all that. Im more interested in who is going to play the modern era Audrey Horne role

Offline WTF?

• Anny Roader
  • These go to 11
« Reply #234 on: September 29, 2015, 06:25:03 am »
Well the log lady won't be in it now, that's for sure....

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/catherine-coulson-log-lady-twin-peaks-dies-dead-1201604367/

RIP Catherine

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: September 29, 2015, 07:13:28 am »
'Who's the lady with the log?'
'We call her the log lady'

Coulson had worked with Lynch since Eraserhead, she was married to Jack Nance at the time and she's apparently the person who introduced Lynch to meditation.

RIP.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: October 5, 2015, 08:19:18 am »
Met Madchen Amick and Sherilyn Fenn over the weekend.  Both were at Twin Peaks Fest, despite not confirming anything it's clear Madchen is involved in the show's return, she was like a schoolgirl with a secret.  Sherilyn Fenn went a step further and confirmed she's filming some scenes later this month which is a relief as there were rumours she pulled out due to money.

I've got to admit, I was a little starstruck, especially when meeting Madchen.  She looks better now than she did in '91 and is probably the most cheerful woman in the world.  Full of energy and constantly smiling.  Sherilyn Fenn come across as more guarded, actually a bit shy, but was very pleasant.

I also met Al Strobel who played Mike and I can confirm he actually has two arms.

Offline MancEunuchian

• Manc
  • Main Stander
  • On the piss with Georgie Best
« Reply #237 on: October 6, 2015, 05:19:20 am »
Met Madchen Amick and Sherilyn Fenn over the weekend.  Both were at Twin Peaks Fest, despite not confirming anything it's clear Madchen is involved in the show's return, she was like a schoolgirl with a secret.  Sherilyn Fenn went a step further and confirmed she's filming some scenes later this month which is a relief as there were rumours she pulled out due to money.

I've got to admit, I was a little starstruck, especially when meeting Madchen.  She looks better now than she did in '91 and is probably the most cheerful woman in the world.  Full of energy and constantly smiling.  Sherilyn Fenn come across as more guarded, actually a bit shy, but was very pleasant.
How is this possible?  She was gorgeous back then.  Considering the show was filmed 25 years ago, she must be close to 50 by now!

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: October 6, 2015, 09:27:57 am »
She's 44 I think. 

During the Q&A she said Twin Peaks probably won't air in 2016 and maybe not 2017, it will take as long as it takes, Lynch has full control over the project.  Also that the number of episodes is fluid, there's not necessarily 18.

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: October 6, 2015, 02:02:45 pm »
Anyone else going to the Xiu Xiu gig at the Kaz tonight? I can't wait, it should be boss.

http://www.thekazimier.co.uk/listing/00000000579/