Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3304430 times)

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #16400 on: June 6, 2017, 05:06:05 pm »
"...absolutely last."

To be honest I oversay about half of these now myself.

Offline armchair-fan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16401 on: June 6, 2017, 06:03:14 pm »
"...absolutely last."

To be honest I oversay about half of these now myself.

A couple of times I have found myself talking about a 'high/higher ceiling' to blank looks, forgetting this is Wrap talk rather than common parlance.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #16402 on: June 6, 2017, 07:33:14 pm »

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #16403 on: June 6, 2017, 07:41:20 pm »
Thought Alphabet Soup (letter D) was boss.

Completely agree about the derby chat. Defo the best game to win. Also, the wearing of trousers and shoes in town in the late 90's was good and a bit mad when you think about it. Also, any podcast that refers to Natterjacks is good with me. Can't remember Natterjacks being a trousers place when I ever went (late 90's, early 00's). How many people in Huyton did the The Stanley (or Crofters) then off to Natterjacks on a Friday or Saturday night? Boss way of doing a late night without the expense of getting a taxi to town (pre-change in licensing laws).

All over this shout. The Stanley and Natterjacks was a rasping Friday night if you'd spent too much money on ale, pool or supplements.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #16404 on: June 6, 2017, 09:06:25 pm »
All over this shout. The Stanley and Natterjacks was a rasping Friday night if you'd spent too much money on ale, pool or supplements.

Back in the late 90's The Stanley and NatterJacks were always heaving in January when no-one had any money to go out in town.

Sad state of affairs that in Huyton there's now a lack of local boozers and NatterJacks has closed down. Going the Derby Lodge for a pint isn't quite the same!
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #16405 on: June 7, 2017, 01:40:06 pm »
Thought last Friday's AFQ was one of the best for some time, probably close to my ideal line up on it helped.
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline Bendomac

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16406 on: June 7, 2017, 07:26:56 pm »
Well i think we need a 'Pink' for Van Dijk. Im seriously fucking depressed.

Offline acks

• Kopite
« Reply #16407 on: June 7, 2017, 08:01:42 pm »
Rob Gutmann's gonna be so depressed!

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #16408 on: June 7, 2017, 08:03:38 pm »
We need a proper discussion about FSG.

Making a profit on transfers last year, when there is more sponsor and to money than ever shows their intentions.

Bet the wouldn't be backing down on vvd if he was 5 million, not 50.

Offline dramared

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #16409 on: June 7, 2017, 08:26:10 pm »
ffs we really do everything in the transfer market to make ourselves look like idiots

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16410 on: June 7, 2017, 08:58:20 pm »
Great stuff

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldWrap/status/872014380472381440

Ha that's brilliant.

Must admit I've found myself saying "I could be talking broken biscuits but ...." to baffled looks  :D

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #16411 on: June 7, 2017, 09:03:28 pm »
Great stuff

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldWrap/status/872014380472381440
I suggested this as a question for AFQ.  It didn't get picked..

Some bugger pinched my idea!!!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Bendomac

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16412 on: June 7, 2017, 09:21:24 pm »
Rob Gutmann's gonna be so depressed!

Nah his bets paid out.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16413 on: June 7, 2017, 11:04:02 pm »
A football man they wanted as did most of us. And we got Edwards...this is why many were annoyed with the appointment. Wait to see how he does etc...get people in positions who know what they are doing..
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16414 on: June 7, 2017, 11:23:00 pm »
#prayforGutmann
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #16415 on: June 7, 2017, 11:42:55 pm »
Nah his bets paid out.

Not if he doesn't move. Or goes abroad

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #16416 on: June 8, 2017, 10:59:11 am »
Very very quiet from the Wrap on the VVD fiasco.

Suspect they're waiting to see what else comes out today ...

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16417 on: June 8, 2017, 12:23:13 pm »
The Gutter's out.  I'm not sure I can face it today to be honest.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #16418 on: June 8, 2017, 12:56:56 pm »
Halfway through it ... defo not an easy listen.

Offline Kop307

• Bets against Liverpool. "I could be talking utter fucking shit".
  • Kopite
« Reply #16419 on: June 8, 2017, 01:01:25 pm »
I'm half way through the gutter but I need to ask a question , apologies to the mods,  I know the VVD thing has been done to death but I need something clearing up.

So we were speaking to VVD, Southampton knew about this but didn't seem to care because we all know this kind of thing happens. Clubs turn a blind eye to it.

Then the club let it out that VVD has chosen Liverpool and it comes out via Paul Joyce in The Times.

I'm sure Paul Joyce is a Liverpool fan right? This isn't a criticsm of the guy, but surely he must have asked the question "isn't releasing a story like this admitting that we've tapped the player up". Did no one at the club realise by letting this out, quite openly into the media this would come back to bite us? I read there was an embargo on the story ffs. Surely Paul Joyce has been doing this long enough to know this wasn't going to end well at the point he was told the story.

Perhaps some may argue it's not his responsiblity to even question releasing the story, he has the information and it's free to air. I just find it odd than no one remotely considered releasing this into the media could end badly, especially Joyce himself. You've got to assume he questioned someone at LFC if it's ok to publish this?

If I've got the wrong end of the stick I apologise.
There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

Offline SA800

• Main Stander
« Reply #16420 on: June 8, 2017, 02:30:29 pm »
Disappointed with the Gutter. Seem to have bought the Southampton charade hook, line and sinker. Rob has allowed his emotions to get the best of him

Offline SA800

• Main Stander
« Reply #16421 on: June 8, 2017, 03:46:20 pm »
Disappointed with the Gutter. Seem to have bought the Southampton charade hook, line and sinker. Rob has allowed his emotions to get the best of him

Having reflected a bit more- this is unfair. I would like to apologise to TAW and Rob
« Last Edit: June 8, 2017, 06:43:18 pm by SA800 »

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16422 on: June 8, 2017, 06:01:51 pm »
A really good explanation for what probably happened (and some other possible scenarios), including our apology, on the Gutter today. Cheers

[Edit] meant to say "Stench of Incompetence" is a great phrase - would be good for the transfer threads on here next window  ;D

« Last Edit: June 8, 2017, 06:07:57 pm by kavah »

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #16423 on: June 9, 2017, 07:44:27 am »
The Gutter's out.  I'm not sure I can face it today to be honest.

I can't even be assed with the transfer game shows now, proper buzz kill this VVD stuff.

I'm half way through the gutter but I need to ask a question , apologies to the mods,  I know the VVD thing has been done to death but I need something clearing up.

So we were speaking to VVD, Southampton knew about this but didn't seem to care because we all know this kind of thing happens. Clubs turn a blind eye to it.

Then the club let it out that VVD has chosen Liverpool and it comes out via Paul Joyce in The Times.

I'm sure Paul Joyce is a Liverpool fan right? This isn't a criticsm of the guy, but surely he must have asked the question "isn't releasing a story like this admitting that we've tapped the player up". Did no one at the club realise by letting this out, quite openly into the media this would come back to bite us? I read there was an embargo on the story ffs. Surely Paul Joyce has been doing this long enough to know this wasn't going to end well at the point he was told the story.

Perhaps some may argue it's not his responsiblity to even question releasing the story, he has the information and it's free to air. I just find it odd than no one remotely considered releasing this into the media could end badly, especially Joyce himself. You've got to assume he questioned someone at LFC if it's ok to publish this?

They would have just briefed another journo, it's not down to him to question the content they brief on imo. The club has huge resources and supposedly look after its best interests, whoever made the decision is/are the only culpable party.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16424 on: June 9, 2017, 07:49:41 am »
Looking forward to today's Pink.

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
« Reply #16425 on: June 11, 2017, 10:03:55 am »

The story in the Times was fine, it was the ones that detailed the meetings that caused the problem.

'Van Dijk wants to play for Jurgen Klopp' - Fine

'Van Dijk has met/spoken to Jurgen Klopp' - Not fine
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16426 on: June 11, 2017, 03:30:00 pm »
Really enjoyed the political talk on afq.
No time for caution.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16427 on: June 11, 2017, 05:40:17 pm »
Really enjoyed the political talk on afq.

Just listened to it today...  it was a good discussion but I've been a bit politicsed out so I listened to it at the wrong time!
W

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #16428 on: June 13, 2017, 01:18:15 pm »
I can't even be assed with the transfer game shows now, proper buzz kill this VVD stuff.

Same. Got three of them parked.

Still can't face them after last weeks horror show.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16429 on: June 13, 2017, 03:04:02 pm »
Josh Sexton doesn't fanny about with any smalltalk in his interviews does he.  I was curious to find out a bit more about how the Northern Irish guy ended up running Lazioworld but no, it was bang in there, straight to transfers.  Feel like a little Atko-style gentle foreplay might be in order sometimes.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #16430 on: June 13, 2017, 04:39:49 pm »
Same. Got three of them parked.

Still can't face them after last weeks horror show.

FWIW I was the same - only listened to the first show.

But they binned VVD for Tah,  before any of this stuff went on. It was one of the first things I thought of when the VVD news came through.

Offline eldagara

• Main Stander
« Reply #16431 on: June 13, 2017, 05:18:00 pm »
Please i don't know where to put this. I read some where that the FA were investigating on our issues with S'thon and yesterday was supposed to be the release of statement from them regarding the issue. Does lfc due for a ban, if the FA find any wrong doing by the club?

Offline justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16432 on: June 14, 2017, 12:39:02 pm »
I'd genuinely be pleased to listen to a Gutter a day.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #16433 on: June 14, 2017, 01:06:25 pm »

Personally I wouldn't. The second most recent one was so good because it happened to follow major news. Others have felt a bit repetitive.

The Wrap is boss but if I had any feedback I'd say they should probably do more reactionary shows in general. I always think back to Robbo talking about the daily videos and how they jibbed it because he felt like they were forcing discussion. Sometimes the nature of the scheduling makes the occasional show feel like that too if I'm honest. I like knowing that certain shows such as AFQ and the free Monday pod will be available on specific days but other shows could perhaps be a bit more flexible/reactionary.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16434 on: June 14, 2017, 01:11:38 pm »
The books show was good recently, though was it edited together a bit weirdly?

Also, get back to the WWCH 05/06, been months since the last edition!

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16435 on: June 14, 2017, 05:02:17 pm »
Personally I wouldn't. The second most recent one was so good because it happened to follow major news. Others have felt a bit repetitive.

I know what you mean, every couple of days we seem to be hearing the same Salah conversation and more on Keita, who no one still knows anything about really.

Must be hard to fill out the summer. I'm looking forward to the quiz when it's released.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #16436 on: June 14, 2017, 07:41:10 pm »

I'd genuinely be pleased to listen to Rob Gutmann all day.

Get him miked up like a rugby ref, bet his interactions with retail staff are textbook.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16437 on: June 15, 2017, 02:21:22 am »
I'd genuinely be pleased to listen to Rob Gutmann all day.

Get him miked up like a rugby ref,...

Ha ha. Yes. Like an art installation. They should ask filler off here to curate it - turner prize worthy (is he < 50?)

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #16438 on: June 15, 2017, 12:20:19 pm »
Has Ban This Filth been a topic on Ban This Filth? Looks like it's been banned...been ages since the last one.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #16439 on: June 17, 2017, 01:00:39 am »
The only group of people on the planet who think we can and are trying to sign Mbappe