Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3422311 times)

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #15880 on: April 6, 2017, 01:51:37 am »
Really surprised that in Pep's first season he won only 10 pts in 11 games vs Top 7 teams. That is really, really poor for a coach who as hyped as he is. He'll make the Top 4 but will have to perform much better in the transfer market than he did last summer as City's gonna need a ton of good players.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #15881 on: April 6, 2017, 03:25:46 am »
Really surprised that in Pep's first season he won only 10 pts in 11 games vs Top 7 teams. That is really, really poor for a coach who as hyped as he is. He'll make the Top 4 but will have to perform much better in the transfer market than he did last summer as City's gonna need a ton of good players.
You're right. City have a very ageing squad and it has shown in the last couple of seasons...

In bold their players under the age of 28:

GK: Bravo (33), Caballero (35)
CB: Stones (22), Otamendi (29), Kompany (30)
RB: Zabaleta (32), Sagna (34)
LB: Kolarov (31), Clichy (31)
DM: Fernando (29), Fernadinho (31)
CM: Yaya (33), Gundugan (26*), Delph (27)
AM: De Bruyne (25), Silva (31), Sterling (22), Sané (21), Navas (31)
ST: Aguero (28), Gabriel (20), Nolito (30), Iheanacho (20)
*26 but always injured

Thus, allowing for Bravo (GK's generally last longer) this is what City's team looks like in the long-term:

Bravo
RB    Stones      CB       LB
          CM         CM
Sané      De Bruyne   Sterling
               Gabriel

In the short-term, Navas, Yaya, Zabaleta, Clichy, Sagna all have contracts expiring this summer, so that leaves 5 holes in the squad that definitely need filling this summer:

Bravo
           Caballero

RB  Stones   Otamendi    LB
RB  Kompany    CB         Kolarov

CM     Fernandinho
     Gundogan   Fernando
        Delph

De Bruyne   Silva      Sterling
Sané           AM           Nolito

Aguero
               Gabriel
              Iheanacho

So basically,

- 2 RB's (maybe one if they have a promising youngster)
- LB
- CB
- DM/CM

Clearly, an emphasis on defensive positions. Navas' squad role can probably be covered by one of their young talents.

« Last Edit: April 6, 2017, 03:28:53 am by rickardinho1 »

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #15882 on: April 6, 2017, 07:27:31 am »

City Football Group have purchased Atletico Torque in the Uruguayan second division.

They also now have a "collaboration agreement" with Atletico Venezuela of the Venezuelan first division.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #15883 on: April 6, 2017, 12:20:38 pm »
City Football Group have purchased Atletico Torque in the Uruguayan second division.

They also now have a "collaboration agreement" with Atletico Venezuela of the Venezuelan first division.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15884 on: April 6, 2017, 01:49:02 pm »

Getting in on the dodgy third party ownership haven.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #15885 on: April 6, 2017, 02:32:43 pm »
A lot of our fans on this board have a grass is always greener mentality. Some of our rivals' squads get massively overrated. City for example when the entire squad is fit and available this is their B team :

Bravo
Zabaleta
Kolarov
Kompany
Fernando
Gundogan
Toure
Delph
Navas
Nolito
Aguero

You can notice that all of Zabaleta, Kompany, Gundogan and Toure are either finished or permanent crocks. Then you have Bravo, Kolarov, Fernando, Delph, Navas and Nolito who are all utter, utter gash.

They're gonna a need a lot of bodies to complete their squad according to Pep's needs but if he performs in the market the way he did last summer it's not gonna be plain sailing for them and it might as well be another transitional year while they build their new squad.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15887 on: April 9, 2017, 12:13:35 pm »
Guardiola says Bravo is one of the world's best

Manchester City goalkeeper Claudio Bravo has now conceded seven goals from the past seven shots on target he has faced in the Premier League. 

The last time he saved a shot on target in the league was against Burnley on 2 January. 

But Pep Guardiola has backed Bravo, saying his footwork is "the best with Bayern Munich's Manuel Neuer and Barcelona's Marc-Andre ter Stegen".

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15888 on: April 9, 2017, 12:16:30 pm »
But Pep Guardiola has backed Bravo, saying his footwork is "the best with Bayern Munich's Manuel Neuer and Barcelona's Marc-Andre ter Stegen".

Deluded.

Reina still has better feet than Bravo.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15889 on: April 11, 2017, 08:44:14 pm »
City v Arsenal semi tickets on general sale, how embarrassing.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #15890 on: April 19, 2017, 01:40:35 am »
A lot of our fans on this board have a grass is always greener mentality. Some of our rivals' squads get massively overrated. City for example when the entire squad is fit and available this is their B team :

Bravo
Zabaleta
Kolarov
Kompany
Fernando
Gundogan
Toure
Delph
Navas
Nolito
Aguero

You can notice that all of Zabaleta, Kompany, Gundogan and Toure are either finished or permanent crocks. Then you have Bravo, Kolarov, Fernando, Delph, Navas and Nolito who are all utter, utter gash.

They're gonna a need a lot of bodies to complete their squad according to Pep's needs but if he performs in the market the way he did last summer it's not gonna be plain sailing for them and it might as well be another transitional year while they build their new squad.
Yes I totally agree with you. The point of my post wasn't to praise their squad, it was simply to identify where there immediate positions of need are.

They undoubtedly have a big generational shift to do in that squad over the next couple of years to essentially phase out Zabaleta, Kolarov, Clichy, Kompany, Toure, Fernando, etc, but as they've already effectively got their long-term attack sorted, now it's about sorting out their midfield and defense.

Another thing to bear in mind is the Uefa squad quotas, which gave Guardiola some thinking to do last summer as he left out Yaya from his CL squad.

Their 21-man squad this season was as follows, with Stones, Sterling, Clichy, and Delph as the only homegrown players.

Claudio Bravo
Willy Caballero;
Bacary Sagna,
Vincent Kompany,
Pablo Zabaleta,
Aleksandar Kolarov,
Gael Clichy,
John Stones,
Nicolas Otamendi;
Fernando,
Raheem Sterling,
Ilkay Gundogan,
Jesus Navas,
Kevin De Bruyne,
Fabian Delph,
Leroy Sane,
David Silva,
Fernandinho;
Nolito,
Sergio Aguero,
Kelechi Iheanacho

Given that Clichy's contract expires this summer City at the very least need to sign one English player this summer - two if they want to upgrade on Delph.

Here are some options that they'll surely be considering:

Ryan Bertrand
Luke Shaw (12 months on contract, doubtful if United would sell though)
Danny Rose
Kyle Walker
Ryan Sessegnon (as backup for Kolarov)
Michael Keane
Ross Barkley
Oxlade-Chamberlain (replacing Navas)

It's easy to see why players like Shaw, Lallana, Sterling, Stones, etc have had such a high premium, because if you don't sign players like that you end up in a position like City where you have to include players like Delph in your European squad and leave out players like Yaya Toure (not that he's had a big role under Pep anyways, but still).

This also highlights just how shrewd it would be for us to sign Sessegnon and/or Oxlade-Chamberlain, as rumours suggest we will be looking to do, given that signings like that further weakens the pool of English talent for other clubs to fill their quotas with, forcing  them to make expensive purchases (eg. Stones/Sterling), or just fill their squad with squad filler (eg. Delph).

For instance, if City signed Ox as a replacement for Clichy, that means that they could look at some top alternatives beyond English players to replace Clichy with for example... instead of potentially having to settle for someone like Bertrand.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 01:43:46 am by rickardinho1 »

Offline Aceldama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15891 on: April 19, 2017, 04:36:13 pm »
I think Patrick Roberts will replace Jesus Navas, that will free up another squad slot for a foreigner. Roberts will count as U21 for them next season and association trained homegrown from the season after.

However I think targeting an English full back would make a lot of sense for them too as it makes Delph expendable and there isn't the hugest amount of world class foreign talent available in the position anyway. I'm surprised Kieran Trippier hasn't been linked. It would be a cynical signing but there's so few decent players out there who would count as club trained home grown for them.

Iheanacho loses his U21 status this summer so will have to take up a foreign slot or, I suspect more likely, be sold.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15892 on: April 19, 2017, 05:33:35 pm »
Joe Hart is 30 today, where does the time go?
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15893 on: April 19, 2017, 05:34:45 pm »
I think Patrick Roberts will replace Jesus Navas, that will free up another squad slot for a foreigner. Roberts will count as U21 for them next season and association trained homegrown from the season after.

However I think targeting an English full back would make a lot of sense for them too as it makes Delph expendable and there isn't the hugest amount of world class foreign talent available in the position anyway. I'm surprised Kieran Trippier hasn't been linked. It would be a cynical signing but there's so few decent players out there who would count as club trained home grown for them.

Iheanacho loses his U21 status this summer so will have to take up a foreign slot or, I suspect more likely, be sold.
My friend of a big Celtic fan, and he said the talk is, that City are willing to let him go to Celtic permanently, as the Ł11m fee to Fulham was actually about Ł4m down with lots and lots of clauses contingent on individual and team performance, would do Roberts good to stay at Celtic, he's never gonna break through at City.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #15894 on: April 19, 2017, 08:00:28 pm »
City are struggling to sell their 33000 day cup semi final tickets... wow.

Firstly, wembley is a ridiculous location for this match...

But mostly just wow...

You can't sell out a cup semi final?

Wow
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15895 on: April 19, 2017, 08:04:23 pm »

But mostly just wow...

Wow
That's why Nike pay them 12 million a year.

No fans outside Manchester.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Aceldama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15896 on: April 19, 2017, 08:15:48 pm »
My friend of a big Celtic fan, and he said the talk is, that City are willing to let him go to Celtic permanently, as the Ł11m fee to Fulham was actually about Ł4m down with lots and lots of clauses contingent on individual and team performance, would do Roberts good to stay at Celtic, he's never gonna break through at City.

Your friend sounds like an  optimist with an active imagination. Celtic could never afford to sign Roberts on a permanent deal.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #15897 on: April 19, 2017, 08:18:22 pm »

Good point re: Patrick Roberts, I missed that. As you say they'll still probably be looking at other English players though as it makes sense long-term.

Iheanacho was listed among the 21 on List A this season so presumably he wasn't counted as homegrown.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15898 on: April 19, 2017, 09:19:48 pm »

But mostly just wow...

Wow

:lmao

Joke of a club

Offline ghirl67

• Legacy Fan
  • "Football without the fans is nothing" -Jock Stein
« Reply #15899 on: April 19, 2017, 09:56:14 pm »

Roberts wants to go back to City and I doubt we could afford him. He may not make it at City, but he has enough talent to command a decent fee.
"I got a bit of a slagging for it! Do people not know I'm a Celtic fan?" Kieran Tierney on asking his parents for a Celtic top for his Christmas (2017)

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15900 on: April 19, 2017, 09:57:06 pm »

But mostly just wow...

Wow
not as bad as Chelsea a few years ago though

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15901 on: April 19, 2017, 10:02:14 pm »
Your friend sounds like an  optimist with an active imagination. Celtic could never afford to sign Roberts on a permanent deal.

Dermot Desmond isn't short a few bob, whether he's prepared to pay that kind of money is a different story.

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #15902 on: April 20, 2017, 06:01:51 pm »

But mostly just wow...

Wow

This is a joke!! We'd be moaning about the crap allocation  ;D

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15903 on: April 20, 2017, 07:02:52 pm »
Loads of 'Spares' on here as well for Face Value

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/wembley-tickets.327687/page-3

Even Everton would have sold this out easily

It's ok though:

------

my fellow blues. don't worry, be happy. there are only two clubs in England who would fill their allocation without fail given the same circumstances of it being a Sunday, complacency and done it loads of times recently type attitude. The cockles and mussels knobs would not take 33, 000 to Manchester.
only the scouse and trafford tossers would fill it without question and why? because the sad pricks who follow them are on the whole a bunch of life's losers. Success by association is their goal. They would watch 11 bins if it meant some form of win. We are a huge club with genuine fans so please don't get confused with wanting to be a glory hunter.

to prove my point, just look at the attendances for traffords embarrassing foray into the europa, no success means normal fan base.

in short, we are a brilliant club with brilliant supporr and fucking normal!

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/ticket-prices-for-semi-final.327381/page-96#post-10143230

-----

;D Bellend
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 07:08:20 pm by swoopy »

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #15904 on: April 20, 2017, 07:13:49 pm »
I want some of what he's sniffing.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15905 on: April 20, 2017, 07:19:02 pm »
You have to see city fans on a regular basis to understand what they are like, while you got the red mancs who need no introduction, city fans almost to a fan are little englanders  always see engerland stickers on theur cars they really are village idiot types lol,  always found their knowledge of footy shite, specially on even a europe wide level.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15906 on: April 20, 2017, 07:21:24 pm »
Embarassing post.
What you'd expect from  nouveau riche morons like they indeed are.

Offline child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15907 on: April 20, 2017, 07:33:12 pm »
A "huge" club with "genuine" fans, eh. And he's probably supporting City since 2012.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15908 on: April 20, 2017, 07:47:15 pm »

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #15909 on: April 20, 2017, 07:49:30 pm »
So, supporting your club makes you one of life's losers...

Blimey Charlie, that's odd logic from another footballl surporter.

Deep down city fans will be deeply embarrassed by this but unwilling to admit it.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15910 on: April 20, 2017, 08:36:33 pm »
Deep down city fans will be deeply embarrassed by this but unwilling to admit it.
Probably hard to get hold of one of them to comment.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #15911 on: April 20, 2017, 09:00:02 pm »

The fella in the bottom pic has a Liverpool tattoo ???
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15912 on: April 21, 2017, 12:24:13 pm »
I see Pep is complaining about the non atmosphere at the Emptyhad in the papers today.

I'm surprised it took him to April.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #15913 on: April 21, 2017, 12:30:44 pm »
I see Pep is complaining about the non atmosphere at the Emptyhad in the papers today.

he'll have a job on his hands improving on that non existant atmosphere.

Coming from Bundesliga to the Prem though, it really is stark the difference, it obviously something Jürgen Klopp has spoken of a lot too, but City have a far worse issue with it. 

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #15914 on: April 21, 2017, 01:41:26 pm »

We moan about the atmosphere at Anfield but 'poor atmosphere' is replicated at most Premier League grounds around the country. If we as regular match goers notice it then it's going to be really obvious for any manager coming from Bundesliga.

I'm not sure if there's any team whose atmosphere has improved over the last 5-10 years. Maybe Palace? And they are doing something that some would see as a bit false.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15915 on: April 21, 2017, 02:09:08 pm »
He clearly hadn't watched many Manchester City games before he moved there then, if he wanted to manage a real english club he should've waited.

Of course United were in for him as well so glad he made the decision he did in the end.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #15916 on: April 21, 2017, 04:16:53 pm »
We moan about the atmosphere at Anfield but 'poor atmosphere' is replicated at most Premier League grounds around the country. If we as regular match goers notice it then it's going to be really obvious for any manager coming from Bundesliga.

I'm not sure if there's any team whose atmosphere has improved over the last 5-10 years. Maybe Palace? And they are doing something that some would see as a bit false.

True.

I mean apart from Palace, if you watch a PL game on TV, the most of what you hear from the stands is the away fans and the majority of them have shitty Championship chants.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #15917 on: April 23, 2017, 07:34:43 pm »
For me Pep was always the best manager in the world but his first season for City couldn't have been more underwhelming.

Big games for me is where you truly see the quality of any manager and his record in big games this season is absolutely appalling. It really makes me wonder if he's really good as he we all thought he was.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15918 on: April 23, 2017, 07:36:02 pm »
Big favour on Thurs please lads!! These are only behind Arsenal in the team I'd back least to get a result in a big game (and that gap closed today!) but hopefully they can do something.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #15919 on: April 23, 2017, 07:49:50 pm »
Big favour on Thurs please lads!! These are only behind Arsenal in the team I'd back least to get a result in a big game (and that gap closed today!) but hopefully they can do something.

They have a pretty poor record at home

Hopefully they turn up though
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.