Author Topic: Cable/sat tv boxes  (Read 552736 times)

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
Re: Cable/sat tv boxes
« Reply #2720 on: March 10, 2017, 11:34:43 am »
I currently have a Mag254 box with a RapidIPTV subscription.

The thing that appeals to me about a Zgemma box is the Sky interface. If I were to get a Zgemma box, would I be able to run rapidIPTV on this as well as receiving sky using the dish? If not, are there subscriptions that allow me to get 3pm football including all the sky channels?

Cheers.
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #2721 on: March 10, 2017, 11:56:31 am »
IPTV is on my zgemma

some apps on i think can get you football

i do get one sky 3pm game through sky sports on it
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2722 on: March 10, 2017, 12:13:46 pm »
Lads could anyone help me? I've an amiko mini combo box running and n line. Anyone know how to remove it and add a c line? I think I know how to put in the c line.

Pretty much the same way as putting a c line on if doing it through DCC
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #2723 on: March 10, 2017, 12:16:59 pm »
Pretty much the same way as putting a c line on if doing it through DCC

What is DCC? Im still vry much learning.

I know where to put in the c line manually I think. Menu-Internet-Net Client Config-Edit, then I just enter the server details in there. But I have no idead how to remove the existing newcamd line thats on there?

Thanks for the reply.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2724 on: March 10, 2017, 01:36:00 pm »
What is DCC? Im still vry much learning.

I know where to put in the c line manually I think. Menu-Internet-Net Client Config-Edit, then I just enter the server details in there. But I have no idead how to remove the existing newcamd line thats on there?

Thanks for the reply.

Dreambox Control Centre ??
can't you just not edit the existing line and save

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #2725 on: March 10, 2017, 02:11:05 pm »
Dreambox Control Centre ??
can't you just not edit the existing line and save

Got it lads, I just reset the box to default and entered the c line details manually. Scanned for all channels on satellite then.

Anyone know where I could get a new channel list? Save me removing and editing all the channels. Under the previous line everything I had was under 'favorites'
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2726 on: March 10, 2017, 02:43:37 pm »
I currently have a Mag254 box with a RapidIPTV subscription.

The thing that appeals to me about a Zgemma box is the Sky interface. If I were to get a Zgemma box, would I be able to run rapidIPTV on this as well as receiving sky using the dish? If not, are there subscriptions that allow me to get 3pm football including all the sky channels?

Cheers.

I use flawless IPTV through it. Install tsmedia, add m3u file that all IPTV services provide you with and the IPTV section adds to your TV guide. Just scroll across and it's there. I get everything. All around the world from bein sports to NBC etc. I also have my line for the usual sky channels. Piece of piss to set up. Use whoosh build and it'll look just like sky does.

Only problem I have is getting EPG working for IPTV but not that bothered anyway. Can find whats on what channel anyway

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #2727 on: March 28, 2017, 06:04:26 pm »
Anyone else have channels go down today ? Sky sports 4 , sky sports news, Eurosport to name a few

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #2728 on: March 28, 2017, 08:12:46 pm »
Anyone else have channels go down today ? Sky sports 4 , sky sports news, Eurosport to name a few

Yeah, some sort of fiddling around by sky. Hopefully be sorted soon.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2729 on: March 28, 2017, 10:16:45 pm »
yes on my zgemma

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2730 on: March 28, 2017, 10:41:41 pm »
Can shed a little more light for everybody -

Firstly if you are using a Zgemma and are worried about skysports 4 and Skysports news, Comedy Central Extra, Living+1
1. Temp fix is easy, go to the channel for example skysports 4 (Channel 404) and it will show a black screen
2. Press the up arrow on your remote
3. Press the red button on your remote
4. A selection of the same channel will appear (4 or 5 different versions of Skysports 4/Skysports News/CCE, L+1
5. 1 of these is the irish versions, which work

Next - +1 of Sky Atlantic still works

Eurosport/Sky box office/Fox+1/TCM - does not have a fix at this present time But most have a +1/normal version that work.

I would say that this does happen usually most Aprils that Sky seem to make changes, and this may mean a few weeks of disruptions. I would say best thing is to not worry, and just wait for the clever people to fix it. It would appear all channels with issues are on the same transponder and this transponder has changed the ECM Times.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 11:21:10 pm by get confused »

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2731 on: March 28, 2017, 10:44:57 pm »
Next I will discuss the actual issue, it would appear that the ECM times have changed from 71-79.

There is a forum for all the people running servers - which a ticket has been raised to hopefully fix this, and from what I hear at present we are expecting 24-48 hour fix. But of course that's as long as its possible to fix.

From the sounds of it - the fix is possible, and there doesn't appear to be a reason to panic just yet.

Any further information and I'll inform you all as soon as possible.

Hope that helps.

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2732 on: March 28, 2017, 10:48:45 pm »
If you are desperate:

Temp Eurosports 1 Stream: http://cricfree.sc/euro-sports-1-live-stream
Temp Eurosports 2 Stream: http://cricfree.sc/euro-sports-2-live-stream

Sky Atlantic use Plus 1. For other channels use my above guide.

Offline Stevie_ulster

• Main Stander
  • Keep the Faith
« Reply #2733 on: March 29, 2017, 12:34:23 am »
Thanks for the info
Justice for the 96!

Offline scouser4eva

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2734 on: March 29, 2017, 08:00:22 am »
thanks for that update mate, got a bit worried about sly shutting in down... same happened when the HD channels went.

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2735 on: March 29, 2017, 08:18:52 am »
thanks for that update mate, got a bit worried about sly shutting in down... same happened when the HD channels went.

The fact is nobody knows when/if it will end. Thus far the past 20-30 years we have always been ahead of the game in terms of being able to get content for a discount.

If this goes, get a VPN router, and just use IPTV through a Zgemma. I already have both options now anyway.

When that goes the next thing will roll around.

Rumour has it a 'Hack' that $ky don't know about could mean a new way to share being put in place. But they don't want to implement it until $ky start to mess with the service properly with what we have.

Every April the rumours start that its the end, and they change a few things, there's some disruption, rumours start flying that its all going to end, and it stays live again.

From what I know thus far, it sounds as if a patch is being worked on. Remember there are a lot of people making money from this - they wont want to lose it. 

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #2736 on: March 29, 2017, 05:59:11 pm »
Yeah, the missing channels are still booming in on my iptv,HD as well haha

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #2737 on: March 29, 2017, 06:20:54 pm »
Yeah, the missing channels are still booming in on my iptv,HD as well haha

Who is you iptv sub with mate?  Mines run out, i was paying roughly Ł140 per year with someone from cs-kings.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #2738 on: March 29, 2017, 06:51:18 pm »
Who is you iptv sub with mate?  Mines run out, i was paying roughly Ł140 per year with someone from cs-kings.

That's the guy, I recommended him to you a year ago  ;D

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2739 on: March 29, 2017, 07:09:51 pm »
That's the guy, I recommended him to you a year ago  ;D

hehe, i wasnt sure if there was a cheaper sub on the go :) thanks fella.

I use a mag250 box, which i use for my iptv sub's.  Im going to buy a decent android box soon (still not sure which one, maybe the abox a3?).  Could i run the same iptv sub on an android box like that? Would there be any quality difference?

I should have maybe posted this in the xbmc section.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #2740 on: March 29, 2017, 07:27:59 pm »
Mag box is good but I've also got it set up on a Kodi media centre PC and its even better. I'm not a fan of the android boxes but it works alright on my phone. You're probably best asking your sub provider.

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2741 on: March 29, 2017, 07:29:34 pm »
Mag box is good but I've also got it set up on a Kodi media centre PC and its even better. I'm not a fan of the android boxes but it works alright on my phone. You're probably best asking your sub provider.

Ok, i was looking a more all in one solution etc.

Thanks!

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #2742 on: March 30, 2017, 03:48:01 pm »
I think this cardsharing may be coming to an end...

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2743 on: March 30, 2017, 09:33:12 pm »
I think this cardsharing may be coming to an end...

We know very little right now, every man and his dog is having there say at the moment, and just saying, that's it, that's the end. And i'm sure if it is, it's just so those people can say 'I told you so'

Let's stick to the simple facts of what we know thus far.

Sky have multiple transponders.
One of those transponders changed its ECM time from 71 to 79.
Fixes have been tried but failed thus far.
We are only about 48 hours in.

Thus far we have lost completely: Eurosport, Atlantic, Box Office, Pub Sky sports 1 (not home sky sports 1)
Channels that work on another frequency: Sky sports news, Sky sports 4
Channels that work with +1 - TCM, Fox, Atlantic

Thus far the main loss as I see it is Eurosport for most people.

Those are the facts. Everything else is just wild speculation, and isn't exactly helpful to anybody.

Do we know why those channels have gone? Why they chose that transponder? Why only those channels? No.
Is it a new Icam encryption (same as sky italia/HD channels)? From what I hear - No.

Thus far we are still in the dark, people are working on a fix, and we'll wait and see what happens. We've lost channels before and they've come back.

Would I recommend taking out new sub right now - No. Hold of for a week.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #2744 on: March 30, 2017, 09:36:58 pm »
We know very little right now, every man and his dog is having there say at the moment, and just saying, that's it, that's the end. And i'm sure if it is, it's just so those people can say 'I told you so'

Let's stick to the simple facts of what we know thus far.

Sky have multiple transponders.
One of those transponders changed its ECM time from 71 to 79.
Fixes have been tried but failed thus far.
We are only about 48 hours in.

Thus far we have lost completely: Eurosport, Atlantic, Box Office, Pub Sky sports 1 (not home sky sports 1)
Channels that work on another frequency: Sky sports news, Sky sports 4
Channels that work with +1 - TCM, Fox, Atlantic

Thus far the main loss as I see it is Eurosport for most people.

Those are the facts. Everything else is just wild speculation, and isn't exactly helpful to anybody.

Do we know why those channels have gone? Why they chose that transponder? Why only those channels? No.
Is it a new Icam encryption (same as sky italia/HD channels)? From what I hear - No.

Thus far we are still in the dark, people are working on a fix, and we'll wait and see what happens. We've lost channels before and they've come back.

Would I recommend taking out new sub right now - No. Hold of for a week.
All true. Speculation I know but you get the feeling this is part of something they have been working on for a while.

I am a complete layman but I've heard that iCam would mean the end of it, so hopefully you're right on that.

I wonder why they would only knock off them channels though. Why not just blank the whole thing? Then again I haven't a clue. Just going by the posts I've read on other forums, it doesn't sound great. But as you said, speculation.

Offline tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2745 on: March 30, 2017, 10:00:15 pm »
All true. Speculation I know but you get the feeling this is part of something they have been working on for a while.

I am a complete layman but I've heard that iCam would mean the end of it, so hopefully you're right on that.

I wonder why they would only knock off them channels though. Why not just blank the whole thing? Then again I haven't a clue. Just going by the posts I've read on other forums, it doesn't sound great. But as you said, speculation.
my understanding is to check how the old boxes cope, so the're waiting to see how many people with actual sly subs complain.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #2746 on: March 30, 2017, 10:03:01 pm »
my understanding is to check how the old boxes cope, so the're waiting to see how many people with actual sly subs complain.
Ah I see. I was wondering how this would affect actual sky subs. Is HD extra money on sky?

I see they've been offering a box swap for the past year.

Offline tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2747 on: March 30, 2017, 10:09:15 pm »
Ah I see. I was wondering how this would affect actual sky subs. Is HD extra money on sky?

I see they've been offering a box swap for the past year.
yes mate

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2748 on: March 31, 2017, 12:26:26 am »
Anyone here got virgin media v6 multi room boxes, ordered an extra one but there's no coaxial cable for the second one (and I live in a flat so can't get one drilled in), anyone know if you can just stream from one box to the other live tv?

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2749 on: March 31, 2017, 04:41:27 pm »
Would i be safe enough to take out an IPTV sub with whats going on with sky encryption atm? Will that effect IPTV services in anyway? Basically, i dont want to take out an IPTV sub only for all this encryption from sky to block that as well etc.

thanks

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #2750 on: March 31, 2017, 05:05:32 pm »
Broadly speaking there is no safe.

IPTV runs off a different system to cs but theoretically can fall just as quick. For the moment, i wouldn't be paying too much for any service ... eg look to the end of the season if it's footie you're mainly interested in.

And there's cable too...

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2751 on: March 31, 2017, 05:07:12 pm »
Broadly speaking there is no safe.

IPTV runs off a different system to cs but theoretically can fall just as quick. For the moment, i wouldn't be paying too much for any service ... eg look to the end of the season if it's footie you're mainly interested in.

And there's cable too...

Yeah, thanks.  I think ill take a 6 month sub and see how it pans out.

Offline tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2752 on: March 31, 2017, 05:19:11 pm »
anyone put iptv on a vu+solo2? Or and tried any of the services on reddit? They seem a load cheaper than the crowd in the kings place

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #2753 on: March 31, 2017, 05:41:40 pm »
If it's just footie you're after then Sportsmania is probably your best IPTV option. There's a separate thread on here for it.

Offline tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2754 on: March 31, 2017, 05:57:06 pm »
thanks, i need the kids channels mostly,

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #2755 on: March 31, 2017, 07:32:39 pm »
Would i be safe enough to take out an IPTV sub with whats going on with sky encryption atm? Will that effect IPTV services in anyway? Basically, i dont want to take out an IPTV sub only for all this encryption from sky to block that as well etc.

thanks

A lot of the smaller IPTV suppliers use CS boxes to supply channels, the reason is they need one box for each channel they supply, so it's likely that a lot of them will be affected. I'd just keep an eye on developments, but reading on Streamboard from the Oscam developers it doesn't look good. If you've got a decent IPTV supplier who has invested A LOT of money in their service then you should be ok. Foreign channels for 3pms are ok up to now, too.

Offline scouser4eva

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2756 on: April 12, 2017, 09:07:15 am »
Any fix for the missing channels yet guys ?

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2757 on: April 12, 2017, 09:17:48 am »
only thing for sky sports news and sky sports 4 on zgemma is to go to that channel

press up arrow

red button and select one of the other options

Offline dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2758 on: April 12, 2017, 11:44:56 am »

there won't be a fix

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2759 on: April 12, 2017, 02:47:55 pm »
there won't be a fix

I wish people with no knowledge on subjects not post. They can get the cards to clear, but screen still stays black. People have been buying equipment to help them compare ecm logs and they have got a partial fix, but there is an issue with 4 extra numbers showing as 0000. When they find out what that is, perhaps new encryption, perhaps something else then we'll know more.

They are about 70 percent there and maybe we'll find out that it's impossible, maybe we'll find they can secure the final code and patch this.

Right now I'd say enjoy everything, it's practically free, you ain't paying sly, and it's been great having this for so long.

We pretty much are only missing Eurosport and Atlantic. I've already posted 24/7 streams to Eurosport. So really only Atlantic left which is still available on +1.

Why haven't sly patched all transponders? Nobody knows.

If we lose everything I'll personally recommend somebody like flawless IPTV who have released a new enigma2 script for zgemma boxes, which gives us full EPG and split bouquets. Including catch up TV, films, 24/7 channels like family guy etc. I'll post a screenshot later so you can see how good it looks.

But please people stick to facts you know. Rather than posting negative junk that you have pulled from no where but your own head. We've all saved thousands and should be grateful for those that have been helped over the years.