Author Topic: Foo Fighters  (Read 20258 times)

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
Re: Foo Fighters
« Reply #120 on: August 29, 2015, 12:19:15 pm »
Dave Grohl explains why Foo Fighters 'RickRolled' the Westboro Baptist Church

Dave Grohl has addressed the glorious moment he and his Foo Fighters band mates 'Rickrolled' unsuspecting homophobic protesters from the infamous Westboro Baptist Church.

The band drove in on the back of a pick up truck to Westboro picketers in Kansas, blasting Rick Astley’s anthem “Never Gonna Give You Up” while holding signs reading “Keep it Clean” and “You Got Rick Roll’d Again” on Sunday.

Grohl, who was filmed enthusiastically clapping as stunned protesters holding “God hates f*gs” signs looked on, revealed his motivation for the stunt when he took to the stage that night.

Speaking before performing "My Hero", Grohl told the crowd he only became aware of the picket when someone informed the band as they were sitting back stage.

“And I said, ‘Cool, let’s go out and f**king hang out with them for a bit.’ So we didn’t have enough time to put together the big old show that we put on last time, so we figured, you know what, why don’t we just f**king RickRoll their ass? Cause nothing says love like a little Rick Astley in your life, you know what I’m saying? Never gonna give his ass up!”

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/BD-fWMYcHXk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/BD-fWMYcHXk</a>

The Foo Fighters have a history with the WBC and interrupted a Kansas picket in 2011 by staging a performance of the gay love song “Keep it Clean”, with lyrics celebrating "hot man muffins"

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6e5hRLbCaCs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6e5hRLbCaCs</a>
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 12:25:43 pm by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
« Reply #121 on: August 29, 2015, 08:05:43 pm »
The bucket list is getting there , West Ham win at Liverpool & see the foo fighters on Saturday
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #122 on: October 29, 2015, 06:28:48 pm »
A countdown clock has appeared on their website and no one know why.

And someone talking in the background sounds like Dave Grohl.

http://lobby.foofighters.com/

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: October 29, 2015, 06:49:48 pm »
its the end of the world as we know it

dave knows
bollocks

Offline Walk On

• Legacy Fan
  • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart ...
« Reply #124 on: November 24, 2015, 10:44:29 am »
Free Foo Fighters 'Saint Cecilia' EP

http://www.saintceciliaep.com/
- Rebuilding the Bastion

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #125 on: November 26, 2015, 02:12:24 am »
its the end of the world as we know it

dave knows

He Knew.

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #126 on: March 3, 2016, 10:08:48 am »
Foo Fighter release an official video about the rumors of them breaking up.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4rW1wuNyDKg&amp;feature=youtu.be&amp;a" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4rW1wuNyDKg&amp;feature=youtu.be&amp;a</a>

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #127 on: March 3, 2016, 11:35:04 am »
Off to the great bland rice cake in the sky

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: March 3, 2016, 02:54:33 pm »
Gutted.

I admire their sense of humour and Dave Grohl seems a lovely chap but Christ they make awful music.

Thought we were going to be rid of them.

Perhaps we could imprison them and the Stereophonics in a huge stadium somewhere and allow people who like that sort of thing to be interred with them in eternal rock and roll 'heaven'.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: March 3, 2016, 02:57:14 pm »
Gutted.

Christ they make awful music.

Perhaps we could imprison them and the Stereophonics in a huge stadium somewhere and allow people who like that sort of thing to be interred with them in eternal rock and roll 'heaven'.

Excellent post

:thumbup

There's a few more need to go into that stadium, first on the list U2.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #130 on: March 3, 2016, 02:57:20 pm »
Gutted.

I admire their sense of humour and Dave Grohl seems a lovely chap but Christ they make awful music.

Thought we were going to be rid of them.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: March 3, 2016, 03:02:13 pm »
Excellent post

:thumbup

There's a few more need to go into that stadium, first on the list U2.

Yep I'll get them on the list too.

Yes, it is my opinion, but my opinion is the best one, because it's mine. I believe I have considered it much more carefully than most ;D

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #132 on: March 3, 2016, 03:06:29 pm »
Yes, it is my opinion, but my opinion is the best one, because it's mine. I believe I have considered it much more carefully than most ;D

I'm sure we can get you into a nice Bieber concert ;)

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #133 on: March 3, 2016, 03:08:20 pm »
Their popularity is definitely out of proportion with the quality of their music, at least recently. Their first three albums are genuinely really good, especially The Colour and The Shape and There Is Nothing Left To Lose, which are both brilliant. Pretty much everything that's followed has been dull though, maybe with the exception of Wasting Light which I've never really listened to but have seen lots of people say was good.

One solid record out of the last five is not particularly impressive.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #134 on: March 3, 2016, 03:41:01 pm »
Their popularity is definitely out of proportion with the quality of their music, at least recently. Their first three albums are genuinely really good, especially The Colour and The Shape and There Is Nothing Left To Lose, which are both brilliant. Pretty much everything that's followed has been dull though, maybe with the exception of Wasting Light which I've never really listened to but have seen lots of people say was good.

One solid record out of the last five is not particularly impressive.

This is the truth. Their early stuff is really good. The attention they get now is way out of proportion with the quality of their music. There are bands from that era as well(Alice In Chains, Smashing Pumpkins eetc) that make better albums nowadays, but is not on the cover of Q magazine every other month.)

I get that Grohl is a likeable guy, and the press love him, but that`s pretty much it.

It`s not like I want them to break up as a band, but if they did it would be a non-story in my opinion. It`s not like they are Nirvana at their peak and the band is basically Dave Grohl anyway, so whatever he puts out later is basically his next move.

Foo Fighters. I`ve actually met the band, I`ve spoken to Dave Grohl, he is a cool guy, and I like quite a bit of what they have released. But they are still very overrated and I do not think of them as a very important band in rock history.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: March 3, 2016, 04:17:40 pm »
The Matalan Nirvana.

EDIT: I should stop being such a c*nt and posting in threads where I obviously don't like the subject :P

Offline TheFlyingScouseman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice day
« Reply #136 on: March 3, 2016, 04:36:52 pm »
Can I be locked up in this "heaven"? Seriously though rock music is shite these days (my opinion) and there's not much better than Foo Fighters, who while I like, I still think there average.

If someone can name some great modern rock bands with that classic rock feel it'd be much appreciated.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: March 3, 2016, 05:42:53 pm »
Can I be locked up in this "heaven"? Seriously though rock music is shite these days (my opinion) and there's not much better than Foo Fighters, who while I like, I still think there average.

If someone can name some great modern rock bands with that classic rock feel it'd be much appreciated.

There's no need. All the classic rock albums are still available for our listening pleasure. The reason 'classic rock' bands these days sound like shit is because 'classic rock' has been done before, and the conditions for it are impossible to recreate.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: March 3, 2016, 06:11:46 pm »
There's plenty of better rock bands making better music than Foo Fighters nowadays. You just have to be bothered to look for them.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #139 on: March 3, 2016, 06:36:31 pm »

Girl Band, Royal Headache and Protomartyr realeased brilliant rock albums last year. You might as well listen to them to prove me wrong at least.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: March 3, 2016, 08:27:35 pm »
There's no need. All the classic rock albums are still available for our listening pleasure. The reason 'classic rock' bands these days sound like shit is because 'classic rock' has been done before, and the conditions for it are impossible to recreate.

Spot on.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #141 on: February 23, 2017, 09:51:40 pm »
There seems to be a rumor going around on Twitter that they are playing Frome at the Cheese and Grain tomorrow night at a private event booked if not true its a very strange rumor to start.

I hope its a rumor as am only a 10 minute walk away but saying that I did see the Editors play a secret gig there but that was a warm up for Glastonbury the following week.

Please be a rumor or I will be very fucked off.

Even in the NME.

http://www.nme.com/news/music/foo-fighters-frome-somerset-gig-glastonbury-headline-announcement-1988321?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 09:54:58 pm by Trada »

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: February 23, 2017, 10:03:49 pm »
There seems to be a rumor going around on Twitter that they are playing Frome at the Cheese and Grain tomorrow night at a private event booked if not true its a very strange rumor to start.

I hope its a rumor as am only a 10 minute walk away but saying that I did see the Editors play a secret gig there but that was a warm up for Glastonbury the following week.

Please be a rumor or I will be very fucked off.

Even in the NME.

http://www.nme.com/news/music/foo-fighters-frome-somerset-gig-glastonbury-headline-announcement-1988321?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Looks like it's happening, imagine they'll be announcing their headlining Glastonbury as well
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2017, 10:08:29 pm »
May have a walk to the cheese and Grain tomorrow and see whats going on.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: February 23, 2017, 10:15:12 pm »
Looks like it's happening, imagine they'll be announcing their headlining Glastonbury as well
Not that I'll be going, but I will let out a huge sigh if that happens. I was surprised they got that gig a few years ago. Not that I hate them, but as everyone else has said, their music is boring as fuuuck
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #145 on: February 23, 2017, 10:46:39 pm »
Not that I'll be going, but I will let out a huge sigh if that happens. I was surprised they got that gig a few years ago. Not that I hate them, but as everyone else has said, their music is boring as fuuuck

True.Not a patch on Radiohead or Ed Sheeran.  :butt

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: February 24, 2017, 08:16:32 am »
Not a thread to be a dick in; but I honestly can see NO reason for this band to be as huge as they are.
I really cannot.

Taste is the enemy of Art I guess, but as a huge fan of music and I mean pop, rock music over the last 3o odd years, sometimes I am baffled.
And I don't mean in a Westlife sort of way (I know how that works), but Foo Foghters are respected and revered by people who 'know'.

I think they are terrible.

Sorry fans.

Online God's Left Peg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: February 24, 2017, 08:31:26 am »
Not a thread to be a dick in; but I honestly can see NO reason for this band to be as huge as they are.
I really cannot.

Taste is the enemy of Art I guess, but as a huge fan of music and I mean pop, rock music over the last 3o odd years, sometimes I am baffled.
And I don't mean in a Westlife sort of way (I know how that works), but Foo Foghters are respected and revered by people who 'know'.

Sorry fans.

They aren't as shit, imho, as people on here are saying. They have done some very good stuff but their one real downfall is that they haven't done an album you want to listen to right the way through. They tend to start well but tail off halfway through. Its as if they run out of decent material so fill it out with boring dirge. They also went through an annoying phase of trying to be funny. Which just wasn't. But despite all this I like them and keep buying said albums in the hope they buck tnis trend.

Was a huge Nirvana fan back in the day. Having exhausted all their stuff, the Foo Fighters represent the next nearest thing to me.
"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #148 on: February 24, 2017, 08:35:37 am »
I really cannot.

Sorry fans.

Your apology is too little too late. I'm not sure I'll be able to get over a complete stranger taking the time to post in a thread about a band he doesn't like

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #149 on: February 24, 2017, 11:41:15 am »
I really cannot.

Sorry fans.

Then please fuck off out of this thread.....just saying

maybe there is a One direction or a Little mix thread you can find happiness in.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #150 on: February 24, 2017, 11:45:29 am »
How many accounts has Kerrykop got on here?!

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: February 24, 2017, 11:47:41 am »
^^^

Chaps, I apologise if I upset you there.
Ultimately, it figured this was a debate thread on Foo Fighters.
I happen to think that Dave Grohl is a good, entertainng bloke.

None of what I said was malice or ranting was it? Trada, no way I deserved that response.
And the other poster - are we not all complete stranger and do you give a crap what I think? No. Of course you don't. But again, Apologies.

But to be told to fuck off out of a thread; sorry that's way over the top.
I was only in for a debate, which God's Left Peg added.
Not once since 2006 have I entertained a thread to troll or be a dick.

But I'll leave.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 11:50:46 am by the good half »

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: February 24, 2017, 11:54:21 am »
The problem with Foo Fighters is that in terms of full records, the last 15 or so years have been pretty mediocre. The big singles have still been there but after their first three albums, which were great, they've probably made one more, at a push, that can stand up. Other than that, their releases have been pretty flat and uninspiring.

As headliners of a major festival though, there's not many bands better. If you want a two hour greatest hits set, Foo Fighters are more than good enough to put it on for you. It's where they're at their element now and they do it better than most.

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #153 on: February 24, 2017, 11:59:15 am »
^^^

Chaps, I apologise if I upset you there.
Ultimately, it figured this was a debate thread on Foo Fighters.
I happen to think that Dave Grohl is a good, entertainng bloke.

None of what I said was malice or ranting was it? Trada, no way I deserved that response.
And the other poster - are we not all complete stranger and do you give a crap what I think? No. Of course you don't. But again, Apologies.

But to be told to fuck off out of a thread; sorry that's way over the top.
I was only in for a debate, which God's Left Peg added.
Not once since 2006 have I entertained a thread to troll or be a dick.

But I'll leave.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/SBjQ9tuuTJQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/SBjQ9tuuTJQ</a>

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: February 24, 2017, 12:24:20 pm »

Only a year late but have a listen to Repetitor. Best rock album of last year for me and available for free from their bandcamp page.

https://repetitor.bandcamp.com

Live they are up there with the time I saw Nirvana at Newcastle Riverside.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: February 24, 2017, 08:18:34 pm »
Confirmed playing the Saturday at Glastonbury.

Streaming a full gig now on www.foofighters.com now as well
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 09:00:26 pm by John_P »
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #156 on: February 24, 2017, 08:45:52 pm »
I can't believe the Foo Fighters are playing half a mile from where I live.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/j38l03AgAYY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/j38l03AgAYY</a>

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: February 24, 2017, 08:55:30 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/SBjQ9tuuTJQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/SBjQ9tuuTJQ</a>
that is a great song in fairness
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #158 on: March 27, 2017, 09:21:23 am »
I`m a fan of the band, but they`re still definitely overexposed and overrated. I think the Colour and the Shape album is a good album though.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #159 on: June 1, 2017, 11:05:38 pm »

Just dropped.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ifwc5xgI3QM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ifwc5xgI3QM</a>