Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 179851 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #4400 on: March 20, 2017, 02:41:32 PM »

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Believer
« Reply #4401 on: March 20, 2017, 07:58:19 PM »
Yeah this is getting old now.

Offline JoeCole is for life, not just Christmas!

• Spoiler!
  • Believer
« Reply #4402 on: March 20, 2017, 08:12:28 PM »
It was ok.

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Believer
  • Kop 306
    • IntoThemReds
« Reply #4403 on: March 20, 2017, 09:59:18 PM »
Who was it at the end?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

www.intothemreds.com - Providing opportunities for pupils aged between 11-18 in Liverpool schools to write about LFC and develop their writing skills. Thanks for having a look.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4404 on: March 20, 2017, 11:19:20 PM »
Who was it at the end?

I thought it was Eugene.

Awful episode that just drags.

"The LFC family at the moment is a little bit too nervous, a little bit too pessimistic, a little bit too often in doubt, they celebrate the game, its a great atmosphere...but they dont believe,My message to Liverpool supporters, we have to change from doubter to believer" Jurgen Klopp 09/10/15

Offline G a r y

• Believer
  • Kop 306
    • IntoThemReds
« Reply #4405 on: March 20, 2017, 11:28:50 PM »
With the crossbow? I thought Darryl was too obvious of a choice. Would he have made it to them so quickly?

www.intothemreds.com - Providing opportunities for pupils aged between 11-18 in Liverpool schools to write about LFC and develop their writing skills. Thanks for having a look.

Online Schmidt

• Believer
« Reply #4406 on: March 20, 2017, 11:49:38 PM »
With the crossbow? I thought Darryl was too obvious of a choice. Would he have made it to them so quickly?

I thought maybe it was that Captain Burnt Face guy who's obsessed with Daryl, I'm pretty sure he took Daryl's original crossbow.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #4407 on: March 21, 2017, 12:42:19 AM »
The last 90 seconds was the only bit that was vaguely interesting. Hope most of the characters die at the end of the season.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Believer
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #4408 on: March 21, 2017, 12:54:06 AM »
wow, that's quite possibly a new low, even for TWD.

the only vaguely fun bit was simon's eyebrow acting.  really could not care less about any of the characters tediously going through their pained motions (and a pained motion is a pretty good description of the episode...)

best line was definitely "we'll never get another shot.  [dramatic pause] because they'll kill us!" :lmao

as an aside, after the lennie james masterclass last week, i went and watched the first season of 'line of duty' in the hope of seeing him working with a better script and cast - and yet once again he was literally the only good thing in it.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline NatD

• Takes offence at authors and people who eat in restaurants.
  • Believer
« Reply #4409 on: March 21, 2017, 04:24:21 AM »
"...waking up at 12 in my clothes again, feel my head explode from a night of Gin..."

Offline NatD

• Takes offence at authors and people who eat in restaurants.
  • Believer
« Reply #4410 on: March 21, 2017, 04:26:03 AM »
He is so frustrated that he goes and starts kicking empty boxes on the street. And surprisingly, the missing melon is under one of those boxes. The yellow one, to be precise. He immediately connects the dots and decides to avenge.

Weren't the melons always meant to be found like that though..?
"...waking up at 12 in my clothes again, feel my head explode from a night of Gin..."

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4411 on: March 21, 2017, 04:52:02 AM »
now that was a shit episode
choose Life.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4412 on: March 21, 2017, 06:49:53 AM »
It's dragging a bit now, there's too many decisions that make no sense.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #4413 on: March 21, 2017, 08:39:00 AM »
Thank God there's more people who feel the same about that episode/this season. I'm wary of coming in here and ranting every week but I really think this show has gone to complete shit.

When it's good I will say it but it hasn't been good since episode 1 of this season I think. The farm season was better.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline G a r y

• Believer
  • Kop 306
    • IntoThemReds
« Reply #4414 on: March 21, 2017, 10:57:45 AM »
They had a character in Negan who they could have done so much more with. This season needed more Rick v Negan, the more Negan the better! If they kill him off at the end of the season then it is a tragedy.

It all started off so well with the bat and went shitter and shitter each week

Offline Bunter

• Believer
« Reply #4415 on: March 21, 2017, 10:58:27 AM »
There's what..2 episodes left now? I feel like nothing has happened, seriously struggling to remember anything of substance this season bar the opening episode. I can go back to every other season and think of loads of moments of genuine interest, intrigue and excitement, that has all evaporated.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Believer
« Reply #4416 on: March 21, 2017, 11:33:54 AM »
Thank God there's more people who feel the same about that episode/this season. I'm wary of coming in here and ranting every week but I really think this show has gone to complete shit.

When it's good I will say it but it hasn't been good since episode 1 of this season I think. The farm season was better.
Agreed. Upinsmoke more or less said what I was thinking last night too.

Seriously, what in the absolute fuck are the writers even thinking about here? It's terrible. I fast forwarded the moment where the two idiots had a heart-to-heart about Abraham and all. I literally couldn't give a fuck about that thread because, well, it was hardly developed to begin with. A couple of episodes back, the two sort of looked at each other and the other tried to be mates, only for Rosita to give the cold shoulder, and I had to jog my memory a bit to think what that was all about. The major problem this show has is trying to convince the viewer into suddenly giving a shit about characters that you previously didn't give a shit about because of their lack of screen time and development. Oh, and for fuck sake, someone put a bullet in Eugene. For the love of Christ, he is the most useless, annoying bastard in any TV show that I've watched. I mean, seriously, what the fuck is the point of him? He does nothing but gurn and pull faces that would make Phil Jones enviable. If Rosita had have put a bullet in his mullet, I'd have seriously laughed and applauded. That would have been great, but alas. Again, the writers of the TV show have found a way of taking a character from the comic and completely fucking it up. He's actually a caricature of his comic book self, and that says something for the fact that he's based off a comic book character.

Another thing I will say in criticism is that the editing was terrible. Does whoever directed and edited that episode not have any sense of time?

Just baffling shit. Awful.

This show has already been renewed. It had better reinvent itself and improve big time for the next series, otherwise it's viewing numbers will fall off a cliff.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 11:36:40 AM by Macphisto80 »

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #4417 on: March 21, 2017, 11:39:21 AM »
I seem to remember the actor who plays Rick (Andrew Lincon?) giving it loads before the season started about how this was going to be the biggest and best season yet. We wouldn't believe what what is store, etc.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #4418 on: March 21, 2017, 01:16:48 PM »
I seem to remember the actor who plays Rick (Andrew Lincon?) giving it loads before the season started about how this was going to be the biggest and best season yet. We wouldn't believe what what is store, etc.
To be fair, what did you expect him to say? He's probably going to say the same before the start of next season too.

It's a pity because we had a terrific first episode and barely a memorable one after that.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Believer
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #4419 on: March 21, 2017, 03:50:11 PM »
they're on about 100 more episodes apparently... so that's maybe 15 good episodes, 20 OK episodes, and the rest talking about knots or something similar.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Online Crosby Wych

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Believer
« Reply #4420 on: March 21, 2017, 07:39:54 PM »
So much God damn filler. It honestly blows my mind that people try to talk about this show next to things like Sopranos, Breaking Bad or even the likes of Game of Thrones. The show has great episodes, but it's just watered down by AMC being so money hungry that every season is just needlessly dragged out and you have to sit between 2-5 needless one story episodes between each exciting one.

Even if they kill Negan, do Rosita and Sasha not think Trevor from GTA and the other guys won't go and slaughter Alexandria and the Hilltop in return? Dumb shit. And I still don't understand WHY they told the Saviours that Maggie was dead. What did it accomplish? All it does is needlessly puts them all in danger if they find out they lied to them.

The season had such an awesome opener but it's been such a slog since then. From awful characters, shoddy CGI, crap dialogue, weak acting. The show would be better if it was just Rick, Daryl, Carol, KORALL, Negan, Dwight, Priest, Jesus and a bunch of red shirts who get eaten by zombies
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Mr F

• uckwit
  • Kopite
« Reply #4421 on: March 21, 2017, 09:29:54 PM »
Does everyone left alive know how to hotwire cars? Seems like someone does it every episode.
Chardee MacDennis: The Game of Games

Offline simpleman

• Doesn't wash his willy
  • Anny Roader
  • Believer
« Reply #4422 on: March 21, 2017, 09:34:06 PM »
I've given up.  At the end of the last series I decided I wasn't going to watch it anymore.  Due to my shit memory I forgot and began watching this series.  This series hasn't really bothered me too much, some things I liked and kept me interested.  For some reason though after watching the first 5 minutes of last nights episode, I turned it off.  All the smiles and cheesy music during their fighting drills made cringe and ask myself what the hell am I doing watching this.  I honestly feared I was going to witness someone skipping down a prairie.  Episode now deleted as well as the series link.  I feel a burden has been lifted :)

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Kopite
« Reply #4423 on: March 21, 2017, 09:37:42 PM »
Are you serious?! http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/the-walking-dead-season-7-finale-season-8-premiere-episode-100-scott-gimple-a7636721.html

I thought the show was nearing it's end a season or two at most.  100 more episodes?!

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Believer
« Reply #4424 on: March 21, 2017, 09:51:35 PM »
Does everyone left alive know how to hotwire cars? Seems like someone does it every episode.
Well, you would learn that one pretty quickly, I reckon. What's more jarring is that Maggie is somehow qualified to teach combat techniques with a knife like she had Navy Seal training for 10 years. That montage at the start was something straight out of a cheesy 80's action flick starring Chuck Norris.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #4425 on: March 21, 2017, 09:59:30 PM »
Well, you would learn that one pretty quickly, I reckon. What's more jarring is that Maggie is somehow qualified to teach combat techniques with a knife like she had Navy Seal training for 10 years. That montage at the start was something straight out of a cheesy 80's action flick starring Chuck Norris.
That absolutely killed me. 5 minutes of torture. No one talking and them practising with their shitty weapons.

Offline Macphisto80

• Believer
« Reply #4426 on: March 21, 2017, 10:09:19 PM »
Yeah, Negan and the lads are absolutely armed to the tits with all sorts of weapons, but watch out lads: them villagers got knife skills.

Online Schmidt

• Believer
« Reply #4427 on: March 22, 2017, 12:00:36 AM »
And I still don't understand WHY they told the Saviours that Maggie was dead. What did it accomplish? All it does is needlessly puts them all in danger if they find out they lied to them.

That's the one bit I can explain, it looked likely that Negan was gonna take Maggie as another wife so they lied about her death to keep her away. Not a great plan but there wasn't much of an alternative.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #4428 on: March 22, 2017, 09:45:21 AM »
Is it a budget issue?

Shite CGI, crappy filler episodes then the occasional bigger budget episode which is pretty good?

If the news about 100 more episodes is true I can see them keeping Negan on for at least another series, so no doubt more of the same crap.

Offline A change without it backfiring!

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Formerly foreveragnome/fordy87
« Reply #4429 on: March 22, 2017, 10:05:44 AM »
Best thing (only good thing) about that episode (the whole show) is Trevor from GTA. Just get rid of Negan and make him the main baddy.

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Believer
« Reply #4430 on: March 22, 2017, 12:07:52 PM »
There were moments I liked  but very few of them with the main strands not clicking. This half-season, I enjoyed the non-Alexandrians generally a lot more then the main cast

Offline A change without it backfiring!

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Formerly foreveragnome/fordy87
« Reply #4431 on: March 22, 2017, 12:13:28 PM »
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 12:20:34 PM by A change without it backfiring! »

Offline CraigDS

• Lite.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #4432 on: March 22, 2017, 12:15:48 PM »

Exactly what I thought when it happened too. Just fucking wait.

Online Schmidt

• Believer

Offline SP

• Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Believer
« Reply #4434 on: March 22, 2017, 02:47:27 PM »

Offline Giovanni

• Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Believer
« Reply #4435 on: March 22, 2017, 05:40:07 PM »
So maggie has a sex tape apparently.

Great news

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Believer
« Reply #4436 on: March 22, 2017, 08:52:26 PM »

Jesus and Enid both offer to go, but Sasha turns them down.

-The Hilltop has to be ready for what happens after. Maggie needs you.
-She needs you, too.”
-Not anymore. She has everyone else, and they have her.
- You can stay. I know you can. But I know you won't and she won't, but I wish you would.
;D

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Believer
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
    • Some Film Reviews what I dun
« Reply #4437 on: March 23, 2017, 12:08:31 PM »
So Rick's Grand Attack Plan (tm) will have to be set up in just one episode before the Season Finale. I'm dubious.

Coz what we needed right now was a relationship-filler episode with lots of soul-searching about Rosita and Sacha's dead EX.

Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline CraigDS

• Lite.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #4438 on: March 23, 2017, 12:11:24 PM »
So Rick's Grand Attack Plan (tm) will have to be set up in just one episode before the Season Finale. I'm dubious.

And he needs to get more guns yet.

That'll be dead easy though. Of course.

Offline Macphisto80

• Believer
« Reply #4439 on: March 26, 2017, 02:20:21 AM »
And he needs to get more guns yet.

That'll be dead easy though. Of course.
Even though I haven't seen or heard anything, we all already know what the next episode will be about. It'll be another shitfest where Rick finds out about those women that had all the guns (remember them?) from whatsherface, and off they all go on a jolly fine roadtrip where 40 minutes are spent trying to convince the nags to give up their weapons. Can't wait.