Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 386095 times)

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #4320 on: March 11, 2017, 06:29:16 am »
Surely having kids would be the absolute priority. Otherwise they might as well all give up.
ATM with the immediate danger of being wiped out as a group or it was weeks ago, then the priority would be surviving not reproducing, thus not shagging like rats with zombies as a waiting bukkake party.
choose Life.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4321 on: March 11, 2017, 03:15:33 pm »
I am catching up on Walking Dead now. Why is Morgan such a whiney self-rightous asshole about not killing? And why did Carol suddenly switch from cold hearted badass to struggling with killing? Like it just happened one episode in the slaughter house and I don't know why

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4322 on: March 11, 2017, 03:27:36 pm »
I am catching up on Walking Dead now. Why is Morgan such a whiney self-rightous asshole about not killing? And why did Carol suddenly switch from cold hearted badass to struggling with killing? Like it just happened one episode in the slaughter house and I don't know why

Spoiler
well you know... she lost everyone close to her so she decided to call it a day and live in solitude because she couldn't bare to fight and help the people close to her that are still alive, it's bs.
[close]

Your right, it makes no sense.

Offline Omygoditsomar

• Main Stander
« Reply #4323 on: March 11, 2017, 06:33:33 pm »
Do they ever run out of petrol :D

Offline Omygoditsomar

• Main Stander
« Reply #4324 on: March 11, 2017, 07:12:05 pm »
Fucking trifles muffins roast dinners. love this show but they have to end it soon its getting ridiculous

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4325 on: March 12, 2017, 12:33:12 pm »
Agreed no idea she's just going back to the original carol, utterly pointless cycle of character development.

The show would be so much better with fewer episodes per season.  It's a very good tv show but has there actually ever been a great season of the walking dead? To many weak filler episodes hurt the quality of the show at times. Think it would be much better with a 10-12 episode format something like game of thrones.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 12:35:17 pm by Greatness »

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4326 on: March 12, 2017, 03:33:30 pm »
Agreed no idea she's just going back to the original carol, utterly pointless cycle of character development.

The show would be so much better with fewer episodes per season.  It's a very good tv show but has there actually ever been a great season of the walking dead? To many weak filler episodes hurt the quality of the show at times. Think it would be much better with a 10-12 episode format something like game of thrones.

Having gone back recently and watched them all I'd say the first 4 seasons were all brilliant, even the slow periods that felt like filler at the time were great when watching back to back rather waiting a week for each episode.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #4327 on: March 12, 2017, 09:39:18 pm »

the show is a victim of its own success - the most watched show on cable = artificially bump up the episode count to sell more advertising.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #4328 on: March 13, 2017, 11:31:24 am »
This is a really poor patch in the show isn't it. Didn't care what happened to any of the characters in this episode apart from Morgan. Was hoping the saviours would just off them all.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4329 on: March 13, 2017, 12:21:51 pm »
Yes Morgan lad
cyas

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4330 on: March 13, 2017, 06:32:49 pm »
Much better than recent episodes

Spoiler
Fuck Morgan.

Glad Carol is back, she's gonna kick the saviour's shit in.

That guy in charge of the collection group is pretty sound, he can't be fucked with all this shit and just wants everything to go smoothly. Shows the Saviours aren't all assholes
[close]
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 06:41:08 pm by Crosby Wych »
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4331 on: March 13, 2017, 07:59:13 pm »
best episode in ages.  morgan and carol... that's all you need really.

having said that, it was a bit stupid that none of the other kingdomites could just knock morgan out from behind to stop him killing one of their best fighters :lmao
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #4332 on: March 13, 2017, 08:05:18 pm »
best episode in ages.  morgan and carol... that's all you need really.

having said that, it was a bit stupid that none of the other kingdomites could just knock morgan out from behind to stop him killing one of their best fighters :lmao
That was funny. They're absolutely useless, which makes you wonder if they'd be any help against Negan anyway ;D

Offline LFC Boy

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #4333 on: March 13, 2017, 09:18:27 pm »
Great episode.

However, overall, I do agree with some opinions here that several episodes every single season are pretty pointless.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4334 on: March 13, 2017, 11:55:30 pm »
Very good episode.

Weren't they in shock / surprise about what Morgan was doing?

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4335 on: March 14, 2017, 01:01:29 am »
Weren't they in shock / surprise about what Morgan was doing?

yeah, but so? once it became clear morgan wasn't messing around (and after the initial 10 seconds of WTF), somebody should have saved richard, if only because the kingdom is a community lacking fighters and losing one of the best would be a very bad move.

didn't make sense at all to me.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4336 on: March 14, 2017, 09:20:25 am »
yeah, but so? once it became clear morgan wasn't messing around (and after the initial 10 seconds of WTF), somebody should have saved richard, if only because the kingdom is a community lacking fighters and losing one of the best would be a very bad move.

didn't make sense at all to me.
Saving someone because of their fighting skills wouldnt be at the forefront of anyone's mind especially the "king's" who thinks highly of Morgan.

Offline Roy Cropper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4337 on: March 14, 2017, 11:15:25 am »
3 episodes left of the season. Negan will not die this season and we will be left hanging until Sept/Oct/Nov.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #4338 on: March 14, 2017, 11:17:37 am »
Those transluscent luminous CGI shots of the supermarket trolleys completely ruined it for me.

Shan't be watching it again.

;D

Certainly not till next week anyroad

;)

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4339 on: March 14, 2017, 11:43:05 am »
I thought the Morgan thing was really stupid too, but people online have been saying the Saviours ordered them to let it play out? Hard to break something up unarmed with a group of guns pointed at you

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #4340 on: March 14, 2017, 12:20:28 pm »
Much better than the tripe of last week's. Down to Morgan of course.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4341 on: March 14, 2017, 12:42:52 pm »
Enjoyed that.

Spoiler
unfortunately the kid dying was far too obvious, especially with Carol telling him to go to the pick up and then giving Morgan that picture
[close]

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4342 on: March 14, 2017, 03:34:53 pm »
Saving someone because of their fighting skills wouldnt be at the forefront of anyone's mind especially the "king's" who thinks highly of Morgan.

but again, that's bollocks.  for all his showmanship, ezekiel has constantly been nothing more than a pragmatist, and the practical reality is that whatever happens, someone with fighting skills is going to be important.  he's also been shown as someone who values human life (hence his reluctance to risk any of his people by fighting), so to let morgan's blatant overreaction play out just because it's morgan is nonsense.

I thought the Morgan thing was really stupid too, but people online have been saying the Saviours ordered them to let it play out? Hard to break something up unarmed with a group of guns pointed at you

two things on that point:
firstly, it doesn't make any sense.  the guy receiving the tributes is a pragmatist too, and reducing the kingdom's ability to meet its obligations by two (as the kid was already killed) is a bad move.

secondly, this wasn't obvious while watching, and it would have been easy to do so.  the kingdommers looked more like a curious crowd rather than people desperate to intervene to save a human life.

as with many things in TWD, the whole thing played out like something that needed to happen and so was gaffa taped in to shuffle the plot along, regardless of how it fits with the characters involved.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 03:39:28 pm by sideshowme »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4343 on: March 14, 2017, 03:40:21 pm »
but again, that's bollocks.  for all his showmanship, ezekiel has constantly been nothing more than a pragmatist, and the practical reality is that whatever happens, someone with fighting skills is going to be important.  he's also been shown as someone who values human life (hence his reluctance to risk any of his people by fighting), so to let morgan's blatant overreaction play out just because it's morgan is nonsense.
Your nitpicking (which isnt a surprise). Ezekiel had just lost Benjamin so what was his mind set really like. Anyway you'll be back next week :wave

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4344 on: March 14, 2017, 03:59:52 pm »
Your nitpicking (which isnt a surprise). Ezekiel had just lost Benjamin so what was his mind set really like. Anyway you'll be back next week :wave

i don't know what his mindset would be, but i think it's fair to say (based on everything seen previously) that it would be even more "don't lose anyone!" than ever, not less so, and especially one of his most trusted lieutenants.

not sure what the last bit of your comment meant, to be honest.  i already said it was one of the best episodes in ages.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4345 on: March 14, 2017, 04:17:27 pm »
People arguing over Morgan's antics. What about them melons, eh? Melon dealing in TWD world, serious business.

Spoiler
The only real thing - aside from some of the acting - in this episode that made me laugh was when Morgan was throwing a wobbler in the middle of the street, and then kicks a bucket (a bucket!) just sitting there to reveal the precious melon, thus the plot unfurled. For fuck sake, could he not have tossed the thing into the bushes or behind a house or something? It's as bad as the contrivances from last week where the writers had to invent a cartoon deer to get things to happen.
[close]

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4346 on: March 14, 2017, 04:24:42 pm »
Spoiler
It's a nice tribute. 8 melons a week and you're safe.

I thought about him throwing, but assume he didn't in case it made noise that would then be investigated. He probably planned to go back for the melon under the cover of night, but Detective Morgan beat him to it.
[close]

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4347 on: March 14, 2017, 04:27:51 pm »
People arguing over Morgan's antics. What about them melons, eh? Melon dealing in TWD world, serious business.

Spoiler
The only real thing - aside from some of the acting - in this episode that made me laugh was when Morgan was throwing a wobbler in the middle of the street, and then kicks a bucket (a bucket!) just sitting there to reveal the precious melon, thus the plot unfurled. For fuck sake, could he not have tossed the thing into the bushes or behind a house or something? It's as bad as the contrivances from last week where the writers had to invent a cartoon deer to get things to happen.
[close]
Yeah I'd forgot the bucket ;D

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4348 on: March 14, 2017, 05:48:23 pm »
I agree that some of the episode was a bit questionable with it's logic but I did enjoy the episode. I found the characters intresting for the most part and time just flew by

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4349 on: March 14, 2017, 06:31:47 pm »
Rick is a real life superhero now isn't he. I mean once upon a time being surrounded by a horde of zombies would be terrifying, now it's something humorous to him. Causally gets out the sunroof and steps over the baying horde. The sword toss was just ridiculous. Didn't mind the episode on the whole but far too many moment of "oh fuck off"

The zombies are completely different to the earlier seasons. I've started watching it again from the beginning and they're so much faster and not completely stupid either (in the 2nd episode a few of them were using rocks to break through the glass doors etc). Was brilliant in the earlier seasons. Still enjoy it and will watch it till the end but it's definitely not as good anymore.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #4350 on: March 14, 2017, 07:02:00 pm »
Melons aside! I thought it was a good episode. Nice and tense
and Morgan's actions just about made sense. Just.

It was also a decent set up for what's to come.

Will it be exploding Melons? Will Ezekiel's team
Kill their Savior collection group save for one
and go to Savior HQ?

Will Carol go full CaRambo, after a shag with The King?

Tune in next week folks..
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4351 on: March 14, 2017, 07:47:14 pm »
It's a shame they are gonna drag us into season 8 with Negan, it's just inevitable though as there isn't enough time with three episodes left. I was pissed off when that happened with the guvnor, it just went on too long. It's like...I really wanted negan to get it but now when he eventually does, I won't be that bothered..
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 07:49:35 pm by Upinsmoke »

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4352 on: March 14, 2017, 08:03:45 pm »
The zombies are completely different to the earlier seasons. I've started watching it again from the beginning and they're so much faster and not completely stupid either (in the 2nd episode a few of them were using rocks to break through the glass doors etc). Was brilliant in the earlier seasons. Still enjoy it and will watch it till the end but it's definitely not as good anymore.

That using rocks to break glass was weird, but I think being slower/more messed up makes sense. They're essentially moving rotten corpses. They're falling apart, losing bits as they move past things, probably having parts eaten by parasites and birds. I imagine the further they decay the slower and less powerful they become, or it could just be sloppy writing ;)
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4353 on: March 15, 2017, 12:54:52 am »

Spoiler
[close]

thematically, it made sense that the cause of the act of violence should itself be uncovered by an act of violence.  it just looked so daft!

just to clarify my earlier criticisms though, morgan's actions made perfect sense (both in terms of his own instability and rage, and also him following through on richard's plan) - it's the reactions of the others that are overly convenient.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4354 on: March 15, 2017, 10:17:37 am »
Yeah Negan is definitely getting dragged out for another season at least, not surprised like, the inability of the writers to weave more than 1 or 2 stories or locations together in an episode have resulted in barely scratching the surface with him as he only pops up every few weeks. I really hope they drop the 'dedicated' episodes for next season, a couple of high quality ones are fine but every week is frustrating, it kills any momentum the show had by dropping a story or character for 3 weeks.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 10:19:09 am by Bunter »

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4355 on: March 15, 2017, 10:24:58 am »
Yeah Negan is definitely getting dragged out for another season at least, not surprised like, the inability of the writers to weave more than 1 or 2 stories or locations together in an episode have resulted in barely scratching the surface with him as he only pops up every few weeks. I really hope they drop the 'dedicated' episodes for next season, a couple of high quality ones are fine but every week is frustrating, it kills any momentum the show had by dropping a story or character for 3 weeks.

Indeed, they need to jib these constant 2/3 person episodes. They've been doing this shit since the prison blew up.

slows the pace down to a crawl, and shows a serious lack of writing ability that they have to do it this way to try get the characters popular with the audience.

It's like every season is a mini marvel cinematic universe, you have the pointless standalone episodes, then at the end of the half season they come together for a joint battle (the avengers/civil war).

Can you imagine if Tony soprano only showed up once every 4 episodes in the sopranos because they needed to do an episode with Paulie, an episode with Bobby and an episode with Adrianna

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #4356 on: March 15, 2017, 11:06:17 am »
I'm in awe of how much pointless filler they've managed to get into a 16 episode season.

The last line of that episode just summed this show up.

"We have to fight"
"Yes, but not today"
*does some gardening*

:lmao

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4357 on: March 15, 2017, 06:24:17 pm »
I'm in awe of how much pointless filler they've managed to get into a 16 episode season.

The last line of that episode just summed this show up.

"We have to fight"
"Yes, but not today"
*does some gardening*

:lmao
I think what's really summing this series up in general these days is the fact that a bunch of battle hardened men, who have done and seen some terrible shit, all have to meet up in some desolate car park in the arsehole of nowhere, to trade a handful of melons which have been loaded into a back of a truck. Think about that for a second. Melons. Yeah.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4358 on: March 15, 2017, 07:03:30 pm »
Maybe they're great fucking melons!

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4359 on: March 15, 2017, 09:07:10 pm »
Maybe they're great fucking melons!
Best in the land. Well, they'd have to be.