Author Topic: Anime Anyone?  (Read 79440 times)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Re: Anime Anyone?
« Reply #440 on: April 26, 2017, 10:00:32 am »
Saw that the second season is starting to drop on Crunchy Roll, but I'll wait till it's all done so I can blitz the whole season in one big chunk.  In the meantime I'm re-watching GTO, which is as funny as I remember.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #441 on: April 26, 2017, 11:04:30 pm »
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2017/3/31/15139898/attack-on-titan-season-2-episodes

Oh sorry I misread. I thought you were asking a question if the second season also had 12 episodes.

Yeah, like I said, just read the manga.

I think the reason for the number of episodes is they don't want the anime to overtake the manga, which is a fairly slow moving beast itself. Currently that's churning out at the rate of 3 volumes a year. That isn't fast compared to some other manga, like One Piece, which came out at the rate of about 6 volumes a year. The first season, with 25 episodes, I think captured everything that had been written up to that point, which was 8 volumes. That means it takes about 32 months to do about a 25 episode season. So rather than lurch forward at the rate of one big season every few years, this speed allows the studio to keep up with the pace of about 1 short season a year, with some room to spare. That's my theory anyway.

Mind you, the second season has still been very slow in production, even by the production schedule I set out.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #442 on: July 7, 2017, 03:32:24 pm »
Attack on titan season 2 has finished anyway in case anyone wants to start.  Also managed to watch another along with a few other shorter series. 

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #443 on: July 7, 2017, 04:37:26 pm »
Just finished the complete first season of... Himouto! Umaru-chan. :-[

I'm a sucker for wacky slice-of-life anime.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #444 on: July 7, 2017, 04:52:23 pm »
New Anime Season :)

Kakegurui reads like something Donald Trump might watch - not sure if it will be up my street but will check it out.

Fate/Apocrypha is self explanatory, a new chapter in the FATE series, normally always a solid watch!

Knight's & Magic looks like fun, a software developer seems to die but wakes up in a fantasy world, decides to build robot like machine... no one knows what he's on about but he is a genius in this world due to his unique mind blah blah blah, first episode was fun!

Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun is a Football anime with a twist, protagonist is a germaphobe so doesn't like getting touched or dirty...in football, bit weird burt first episode seemed okay...

Hero Academia is continuing and I've enjoyed that one a lot

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: August 3, 2017, 06:35:07 pm »
Anyone ever watched God Eater? and if so any good?

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #446 on: October 3, 2017, 03:25:25 pm »
Not sure what everyone's been watching lately but My Hero Academia has taken the internet fandom by storm and is a cute little shounen story about a pathetic loser wanting to be a hero.

Today Black Clover started which is basically a Harry Potter version of Naruto. In a world of magic, a kid with no magical powers wants to be the grand wizard. It's got a big budget and is by the same studio that did Naruto, Bleach and Tokyo Ghoul, so you should know what to expect from the story!

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #447 on: October 3, 2017, 04:02:50 pm »
Anyone ever watched God Eater? and if so any good?

I enjoyed it, the art style is a little bit off putting (for me) though, it's a bit... digital.
Not sure what everyone's been watching lately but My Hero Academia has taken the internet fandom by storm and is a cute little shounen story about a pathetic loser wanting to be a hero.

Today Black Clover started which is basically a Harry Potter version of Naruto. In a world of magic, a kid with no magical powers wants to be the grand wizard. It's got a big budget and is by the same studio that did Naruto, Bleach and Tokyo Ghoul, so you should know what to expect from the story!

It's awesome, the main character can be annoying at times as he has a lot of potential but is a wimp at times also so it can be frustrating but that's what it's all about, it's pretty fun so far!

Yokai Apartment is quite a fun one as well.

Will check out Black Clover, saw the OVA or whatever it was earlier in the yr, looked awesome, some other new one about Magic and stuff started, saw the first episode, it seems possibly interesting, it's called UQ Holder

Anyway heres a list of the new seasons shows that are starting this week and onwards: https://myanimelist.net/anime/season

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #448 on: October 3, 2017, 04:03:14 pm »

Cheers for the head's up, I might dig into those. I've been sort of addicted to this videogame all summer, so I've just been setting the TV to run crap in the background, but I really need to catch up. I've got a nice stockpile of around 50 One Piece episodes to gnaw on first, though  ;D
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #449 on: November 17, 2017, 05:59:32 am »
Dragon Ball's Hiromi Tsuru Passes Away At 57

I'm sure the logical step for Toei is to cast for a replacement ASAP - the production for Super should not be affected as they are almost always months ahead in schedule and the arc present arc is nowhere near ending.

RIP Bulma

« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 06:01:14 am by Ken-Obi »
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #450 on: January 19, 2018, 01:00:11 am »
Devilman on Netflix was fucking weird as hell.  Can't tell if I liked it or not.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: May 15, 2020, 01:44:47 am »
Incredible 2 year necrobump here... but has anyone spent their quarantine watching shitloads of anime? It can't have been just me!

I've watched all of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure on UK Netflix, which was some 75ish episodes. Absolutely brilliant and basically wrote the rulebook for shounen fight anime along with DBZ in the 80s/90s. I can't believe it took an animation studio up until about 5-6 years ago to commit to making this as its a total classic. The heroes are just so fucking heroic and the villains are so dastardly. You want to see them get their asses whooped every episode. There's a refreshing feel to how old school it is.

I'm now halfway into part 4 (Diamond is Unbreakable) which goes beyond what Netflix has here. Come on, what's everyone been watching? ;D

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: May 15, 2020, 01:49:59 am »
FMA brotherhood I can watch repeatedly without ever getting bored.

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: June 2, 2020, 07:50:03 am »
Rewatched all the Rebuild of Evangelion movies thinking the last one would come sometime this year. Just got confirmed it's delayed but, as with anything to do wit Hideaki Anno, that could well mean another 3 years  :(

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #454 on: June 2, 2020, 09:22:02 am »
Only really watched Castlevania, but is that really a proper anime?  Good stuff though, that third series was really fun.

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #455 on: June 8, 2020, 01:02:56 pm »
My eldest is a massive anime fan. After a few weeks of watching appalling movies, she managed to sit me down to watch 'Your Name' the other night on Netflix. Bloody hell, what a superb movie. The animation style was staggering. 'Silent Voice' next, I am told.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: June 8, 2020, 01:18:55 pm »
Your Name is brilliant! The director released a new one this year called Weathering With You, which I was able to go and see just before the lockdown. Another one of his movies called Garden of Words is on Netflix too, that one is a bit shorter at 45 mins so its easier to watch.

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #457 on: June 8, 2020, 04:37:02 pm »
My eldest is a massive anime fan. After a few weeks of watching appalling movies, she managed to sit me down to watch 'Your Name' the other night on Netflix. Bloody hell, what a superb movie. The animation style was staggering. 'Silent Voice' next, I am told.

Yeah, Your Name is brilliant. I will also recommend A Silent Voice and Wolf Children.
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: June 8, 2020, 04:49:08 pm »

It's one of the most romantic movies you will ever see. It really hit me straight in the gut. It's absolutely brilliant.

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: June 8, 2020, 04:51:02 pm »
Your Name is brilliant! The director released a new one this year called Weathering With You, which I was able to go and see just before the lockdown. Another one of his movies called Garden of Words is on Netflix too, that one is a bit shorter at 45 mins so its easier to watch.

"Garden of Words" is nice too - it's not up to the standards of "Your Name," but I'd argue that hardly anything is  ;D

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: June 8, 2020, 09:15:24 pm »
Finally managed to get a copy of sword of the stranger. Been waiting to watch it for years.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: June 8, 2020, 09:24:10 pm »

Have you seen any Studio Ghibli films?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: June 8, 2020, 09:29:14 pm »
Incredible 2 year necrobump here... but has anyone spent their quarantine watching shitloads of anime? It can't have been just me!

I've watched all of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure on UK Netflix, which was some 75ish episodes. Absolutely brilliant and basically wrote the rulebook for shounen fight anime along with DBZ in the 80s/90s. I can't believe it took an animation studio up until about 5-6 years ago to commit to making this as its a total classic. The heroes are just so fucking heroic and the villains are so dastardly. You want to see them get their asses whooped every episode. There's a refreshing feel to how old school it is.

I'm now halfway into part 4 (Diamond is Unbreakable) which goes beyond what Netflix has here. Come on, what's everyone been watching? ;D

I'm just gutted I've caught up with one piece and have to leave it a few months and then binge for a bit again.  Rewatching akame ga kill and watching parasyte for the 1st time. Will have to get on the latest my hero academia soon

Offline Stevie-A

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: June 8, 2020, 09:56:24 pm »
Have you seen any Studio Ghibli films?
I did many years ago. I remember Princess Mononoke being stunning. Looks like a new avenue to pursue regarding my watching! Plus, whilst not anime as such, I did find the live action Space Battleship Yamato online. I'd forgot how awesome Star Blazers was, as a kid.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: June 8, 2020, 10:19:22 pm »
I did many years ago. I remember Princess Mononoke being stunning. Looks like a new avenue to pursue regarding my watching! Plus, whilst not anime as such, I did find the live action Space Battleship Yamato online. I'd forgot how awesome Star Blazers was, as a kid.

If you can find it, try the Nausicaa manga (graphical novel). It's commonly regarded as the best thing Hayao Miyazaki has done, which is quite something considering his filmography.

However, do it after you've seen the film version of Nausicaa. Once you've read the manga, the film won't be as satisfying.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1oxjg
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: June 8, 2020, 10:24:40 pm »
Just watched the coolest thing ever. A real life recreation of the Mehve glider from Nausicaa, jet powered, takes off and flies a circuit before landing.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: June 9, 2020, 08:22:39 am »
Just watched the coolest thing ever. A real life recreation of the Mehve glider from Nausicaa, jet powered, takes off and flies a circuit before landing.
Just searched for this after seeing your post and my god, it is the coolest thing ever!
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline Stevie-A

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: June 9, 2020, 09:01:12 am »
If you can find it, try the Nausicaa manga (graphical novel). It's commonly regarded as the best thing Hayao Miyazaki has done, which is quite something considering his filmography.

However, do it after you've seen the film version of Nausicaa. Once you've read the manga, the film won't be as satisfying.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1oxjg

Thanks so much. Will certainly take a look.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: June 9, 2020, 10:07:02 am »
Just searched for this after seeing your post and my god, it is the coolest thing ever!

If you saw it on youtube, it's the glider circa 2006. There's a video on nico from 2016 where they've got it working with a jet engine, taking off and landing under its own power.

https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm29521903

Flight time: 2 mins 32 sec
Peak altitude: 72 metres
« Last Edit: June 9, 2020, 10:14:19 am by Sangria »
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Hendollama

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: June 10, 2020, 11:28:31 am »
If you saw it on youtube, it's the glider circa 2006. There's a video on nico from 2016 where they've got it working with a jet engine, taking off and landing under its own power.

https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm29521903

Flight time: 2 mins 32 sec
Peak altitude: 72 metres
That is wonderful.

Saw this on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5ftsTVwTfs
Wonder if something like this can become mainstream in the future.

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #470 on: June 11, 2020, 10:18:06 am »
Anyone have any recommendations for some dark, gritty anime? I haven't seen a lot of anime but I'm a huge fan of Death Note, also really enjoyed Monster, Steins Gate, Attack on Titan and ofcourse Full Metal Alchemist.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #471 on: June 11, 2020, 03:33:58 pm »
Anyone have any recommendations for some dark, gritty anime? I haven't seen a lot of anime but I'm a huge fan of Death Note, also really enjoyed Monster, Steins Gate, Attack on Titan and ofcourse Full Metal Alchemist.

You tried Hellsing?

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: June 11, 2020, 04:51:08 pm »

I have only seen one season of "Tokyo Ghoul," but that fits the description and is good.

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: June 11, 2020, 05:58:54 pm »
Psycho Pass (only first season though)

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: June 11, 2020, 06:04:44 pm »

Try parasyte, on netflix. Got recommended to watch 'another' on here and that was decent

Few others like psycho pass (above) and I'd say only 1st season aswell. Elfen lied, Claymore
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 06:20:27 pm by macca007 »

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: June 11, 2020, 07:34:41 pm »
Anyone here watched Patlabor?
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #476 on: June 14, 2020, 11:33:45 am »
Thanks for the suggestions everyone, looking forward to these.

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #477 on: December 28, 2020, 04:00:36 am »
Is anyone watching the last season of Attack on Titan?

Offline Hendollama

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: December 28, 2020, 07:31:47 am »
Is anyone watching the last season of Attack on Titan?
Have been watching. The first episode of the new season confused me in the beginning, but it's been brilliant. Probably the best show (anime or non-anime) I have ever watched in terms of story, world-building and character development.

The weekly release is not ideal for this show though. Thinking of picking it back up before the last episode.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #479 on: February 10, 2021, 02:41:19 am »
Hammered podcasts so much so fancied a change whilst working. Gave DBZ a revisit for the first time in 20 years and have done it all within 2 weeks or so ;D

Obviously some crap filler in there but it really holds up well for the most part, really nails the charm whilst having those crazy high Infinity War level stakes.

Is Dragonball Super worth a go? Never really watched much Anime outside Bebop and DBZ.
:D