Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1047216 times)

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #13480 on: June 21, 2017, 06:33:47 pm »
Anyone else have ants in their kitchen? Theres loads of them, guess its that time of year but how do I get rid of the buggers without killing them?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #13481 on: June 21, 2017, 06:41:56 pm »
Anyone else have ants in their kitchen? Theres loads of them, guess its that time of year but how do I get rid of the buggers without killing them?

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #13482 on: June 21, 2017, 06:42:42 pm »
If I'm taking a learner out for a drive, is it against the law for me to have a few pints even though it's not me driving?

Your car questions are about as mental as your dating questions mate.

If you ever take a lady to a drive-in cinema on a date it'll make RAWK history ;D
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13483 on: June 21, 2017, 06:58:23 pm »
If I'm taking a learner out for a drive, is it against the law for me to have a few pints even though it's not me driving?

Barney, sorry man the more I read this. the more it makes me laugh.

you nutter

:lmao

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13484 on: June 24, 2017, 11:42:13 am »
Is there anything I can do in law to stop someone persistently vomiting on our street? Happens every other night as some fella comes back from the pub down the road. As it reoccurs within the same 6 feet patch this person is obviously doing it deliberately. Obviously it's absolutely disgusting but is also an environmental health hazards.

Sorry mate

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13485 on: June 24, 2017, 11:54:57 am »
Your car questions are about as mental as your dating questions mate.

If you ever take a lady to a drive-in cinema on a date it'll make RAWK history ;D

Barney, sorry man the more I read this. the more it makes me laugh.

you nutter

:lmao

;D I genuinely didn't know, hence asking. I picked my sister's car up the other day from the mechanic and kept it in work. I was going to have a couple of lunch time pints and get her to drive home.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #13486 on: June 24, 2017, 09:27:26 pm »
Is there anything I can do in law to stop someone persistently vomiting on our street? Happens every other night as some fella comes back from the pub down the road. As it reoccurs within the same 6 feet patch this person is obviously doing it deliberately. Obviously it's absolutely disgusting but is also an environmental health hazards.

Tort of Nuisance. Its how you get someone whos animals come onto your land etc or their smelly house ruins yours, closest I think you'll get.

Nuisance in English law is an area of tort law broadly divided into two torts; private nuisance, where the actions of the defendant are "causing a substantial and unreasonable interference with a [claimant]'s land or his/her use or enjoyment of that land",[1] and public nuisance, where the defendant's actions "materially affects the reasonable comfort and convenience of life of a class of Her Majesty's subjects";[2] public nuisance is also a crime.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuisance_in_English_law
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13487 on: June 27, 2017, 06:20:55 pm »
If I have a credit card with which I have made Ł2000 worth of purchases, and I then make another Ł2000 worth of purchases, but pay Ł2000 back within 7 days, is the interest charged on Ł4000 worth of purchases? Or is it just charged on the Ł2000 thats left?

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13488 on: June 27, 2017, 06:27:04 pm »
If I have a credit card with which I have made Ł2000 worth of purchases, and I then make another Ł2000 worth of purchases, but pay Ł2000 back within 7 days, is the interest charged on Ł4000 worth of purchases? Or is it just charged on the Ł2000 thats left?

The interest is charged for the balance on the account and I think calculated each day, so if you pay off the Ł2000 you will immediately stop being charged interest on it.

For the new Ł2000, you will not be charged interest on it until after the due date (there are some exceptions to this - for example I have a card that is designed for use abroad as there are no fees, but they charge interest immediately rather than after the due date on the next bill.

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13489 on: June 27, 2017, 07:30:19 pm »
Cheers mate

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #13490 on: June 27, 2017, 07:53:41 pm »
Nah it depends on how long the original Ł2k's been there. Have you been "rolling" that balance statement to statement?

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13491 on: June 27, 2017, 08:27:02 pm »
Nah it depends on how long the original Ł2k's been there. Have you been "rolling" that balance statement to statement?

Why does that matter? If you pay it off, they have to stop charging interest on it.

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13492 on: June 27, 2017, 08:36:31 pm »

Pretty much yes. Not specifically Ł2000, that's just hypothetical.
I'm thinking about the bulk sales. I'll likely have to get as many games as is on sale in 4 cards, so will have to whack it on the credit card. Just wondering about the interest that will generate

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #13493 on: June 27, 2017, 08:42:13 pm »
I know on the two cards I have, interest is charged on the existing balance the day the billing period ends. I think that's how most of them do it.

If you have online access, you can easily check this. Log on every day, and if the balance goes up every day you are not making purchases, you're getting charged interest daily. Or, read the online FAQ for your card and it should be spelt out in that.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #13494 on: July 1, 2017, 06:49:53 pm »
I have a set of chrome air horns my late father left. They have surface rust, only slight, whats the best medium to use to clean them up?
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #13495 on: July 1, 2017, 10:50:24 pm »
Bonjela.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13496 on: July 2, 2017, 02:22:55 pm »
Anyone know any sites where i can send my retro Fowler shirt from 98 to be reapply the lettering?

There's a site where i can buy the exact same letters from 98, but i need somewhwere to apply it.

Doubt any shops will do an old shirt, so wondering if there is anywhere.

Diy is too risky.
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13497 on: July 2, 2017, 02:55:14 pm »
Anyone know any sites where i can send my retro Fowler shirt from 98 to be reapply the lettering?

There's a site where i can buy the exact same letters from 98, but i need somewhwere to apply it.

Doubt any shops will do an old shirt, so wondering if there is anywhere.

Diy is too risky.

Couldn't any random t-shirt printing shops do it, rather than having to send it away?

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13498 on: July 2, 2017, 03:26:52 pm »
Couldn't any random t-shirt printing shops do it, rather than having to send it away?

Yeah i thought that, but not many are willing as it's not their product. Even though williing to pay.

Happy to pay postage in this case.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #13499 on: July 4, 2017, 08:48:49 pm »
Vehicle Smart..the app.
Checks tax & mot..seems very useful especially to those purchasing a used car as it gives details of mot failures.

Anyways..anyone have it & know how reliable it is?

I just got nosy with it & checked a private cabs history a few doors up from me & it stated no mot since 2015..the car is a 2010 plate.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #13500 on: July 7, 2017, 09:03:43 am »
^

Turns out there is a similar check you can do on the gov.uk site & the app is spot on.
So here is the question following the question..

How the feck has this vehicle gone unnoticed when it is on the road every day & would you report it?

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13501 on: July 7, 2017, 01:25:13 pm »
No, I would not report it.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13502 on: July 7, 2017, 04:09:38 pm »
No, I would not report it.
Why?

Another question, where the fuck did "O'clock" come from? Seems a really odd way of stating the time.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #13503 on: July 7, 2017, 04:11:56 pm »
Why?

Another question, where the fuck did "O'clock" come from? Seems a really odd way of stating the time.

http://gizmodo.com/why-we-say-o-clock-1655979092

Where did the 5 day working week and 2 day weekend come from?

Was it from Roman times or what the fuck?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13504 on: July 7, 2017, 04:12:33 pm »
Why?

It seems like it's a bit busy body? I suppose if you think there is a safety issue, there is a reason, but otherwise not.

o'clock is short for "of the clock".

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13505 on: July 7, 2017, 04:53:40 pm »
Every day a fucking skool day! Cheers fellas :wave

On the MOT issue, whilst checking on other people's vehicles (not for sale) is a proper nosy parker of an activity, now he knows it ain't legally on the roads I think he's actually obliged to call it in.

The test is there to ensure the vehicle is road-worthy, if it's not the driver is putting lives at risks and proxy so is the nosy parker by not reporting it.

Just my personal view of course, be a fuck of a bad feeling to have to deal with though, if driver and car caused injury or harm.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13506 on: July 7, 2017, 05:04:27 pm »
http://gizmodo.com/why-we-say-o-clock-1655979092

Where did the 5 day working week and 2 day weekend come from?

Was it from Roman times or what the fuck?
Until relatively recently (the last few hundred years) wasn't it a six day work week, then Sundays off for church?

Edit: This might explain it.

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2014/08/where-the-five-day-workweek-came-from/378870/

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #13507 on: July 7, 2017, 05:17:08 pm »

On the MOT issue, whilst checking on other people's vehicles (not for sale) is a proper nosy parker of an activity, now he knows it ain't legally on the roads I think he's actually obliged to call it in.

The test is there to ensure the vehicle is road-worthy, if it's not the driver is putting lives at risks and proxy so is the nosy parker by not reporting it.

Just my personal view of course, be a fuck of a bad feeling to have to deal with though, if driver and car caused injury or harm.

Aye i agree i was a nosy fecker..intrigue got the better of me & because it is a private hire cab makes the difference yep.
I do feel obliged & i do now wish i hadn't been such a nosy c*nt in the first place.
What baffles me is how it has gone unnoticed.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13508 on: July 7, 2017, 05:19:41 pm »

You know, I can't argue with that at all, especially with him being a cab.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13509 on: July 10, 2017, 09:36:32 am »
Why does your body wake up at the same time on your day off?

And is it best to go to sleep earlier the night before, to get your 8 hours, seeing as i'm waking up at that same time anyway?

To think i could have a lie in on my day off to get those 8 hours anyway, just is never meant to be :butt :butt

Offline Dirkydirkdirk

• Kopite
  • Sweet Jesus no
« Reply #13510 on: July 10, 2017, 12:11:00 pm »
The weekend was actually invented by Gandalf's great-great-grandad (sort of). He campaigned for workers in Manchester to have a half day off on Saturday, giving them more than one day off a week for the first time.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/15/sir-ian-mckellensgreat-great-grandfather-helped-invent-weekend/
There are no stars in this team, or no one with any airs or graces. We're one unit, we work hard for each other and we all pull in the same direction.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13511 on: July 10, 2017, 12:30:28 pm »

Not just that the car is road-worthy but it also has to have a vaild MOT for it to be insured.  Call it being a busy body, but I prefer my insurance premiums to be as low as possible and what happens if he is in involved in an incident, who pays?

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #13512 on: July 10, 2017, 12:41:39 pm »
Who invented the skip?
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13513 on: July 10, 2017, 01:40:10 pm »
John Skip.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy

Offline Andy Hunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13515 on: July 10, 2017, 03:26:58 pm »
I think he was reffering to the Crisps

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13516 on: July 10, 2017, 04:57:37 pm »

Same fella. He realised that the tapioca based prototype skip was not particularly effective and was instead better served as a snack.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #13517 on: July 10, 2017, 05:42:15 pm »

Meiji Seika.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13518 on: July 10, 2017, 06:28:17 pm »
Who invented the skip?

Crisps were invented in the Orient many centuries ago by a rich Prince named Sultan Sheikh.

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #13519 on: July 10, 2017, 09:50:47 pm »
Crisps were invented in the Orient many centuries ago by a rich Prince named Sultan Sheikh.

That's a common misconception. It was actually Sultan Vinh-e-Gahr although some believe he may have copied the idea from the Viking trader Red Ysalt Ed.
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.