Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2554811 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: The small things in life that really annoy you
« Reply #11160 on: May 16, 2017, 11:00:33 am »

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #11161 on: May 16, 2017, 11:06:11 am »
The latest McDonald's advert
i thought it was going to be about cancer research or something

and its for McNasty's. thought "what the fuck"
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11162 on: May 16, 2017, 11:08:35 am »
The latest McDonald's advert
Seen it the other day. Fucking disgusting it is.

The first time i watched it, it tugged at the old heart strings a tiny bit, but now I've seen the fucking thing for what it is.  Maccies trying to sell fast food on the strength of a poor young lad who's lost his father. It really is a bit creepy and out of order.

His caring Mum continually pisses on his cornflakes by revealing he's grown up without a dad who it appears he had absolutely fuck all in common with anyway. In fact his Dad was a cross between Errol Flynn, Pele and James Dean while is son is basically an insignificant no mark.

The kid is falling deeper and deeper into despair as his mother piles it on

Hold on though, never mind. They both liked A fillet-of-Fish.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11163 on: May 16, 2017, 11:09:09 am »
The first time i watched it, it tugged at the old heart strings a tiny bit, but now I've seen the fucking thing for what it is.  Maccies trying to sell fast food on the strength of a poor young lad who's lost his father. It really is a bit creepy and out of order.

His caring Mum continually pisses on his cornflakes by revealing he's grown up without a dad who it appears he had absolutely fuck all in common with anyway. In fact his Dad was a cross between Errol Flynn, Pele and James Dean while is son is basically an insignificant no mark.

The kid is falling deeper and deeper into despair as his mother piles it on

Hold on though, never mind. They both liked A fillet-of-Fish.

:lmao

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11164 on: May 16, 2017, 11:16:56 am »
Plus what sort of weird kid goes to McDonald's and gets a fucking Filet O Fish?

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11165 on: May 16, 2017, 11:25:22 am »

Exactly. I used to want to throw my TV out the window because of the voice of the guy that usually narrates McDonald's adverts but this one really crossed a line for me.

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #11166 on: May 16, 2017, 11:32:26 am »
When you're on the bus on the way home from work and dying for a pee, the bus driver decides to stop and wait for a few minutes at the stop before yours because he's running a bit early, causing crossed legs and a run home to avoid watering your trousers.
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline Oberyn_Martell

• Desperate for it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11167 on: May 16, 2017, 11:50:11 am »
When you drop and explode an entire 2ltr carton of milk and have to go to the shop to get a new one at 10pm in pjs. So amnoying. I should really buy spares.
Mods can you change my name to Melissa x

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11168 on: May 16, 2017, 11:52:18 am »
When you're on the bus on the way home from work and dying for a pee, the bus driver decides to stop and wait for a few minutes at the stop before yours because he's running a bit early, causing crossed legs and a run home to avoid watering your trousers.

Old people pissing themselves on buses is par for the course in Bournemouth surely?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11169 on: May 16, 2017, 11:52:53 am »
When you drop and explode an entire 2ltr carton of milk and have to go to the shop to get a new one at 10pm in pjs. So amnoying. I should really buy spares.

No point crying over spilt milk
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11170 on: May 16, 2017, 11:57:15 am »

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #11171 on: May 16, 2017, 11:57:28 am »

Is this you?

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2012/06/11/1226369/491820-pyjama-shopping.jpg
 :D
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Oberyn_Martell

• Desperate for it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11173 on: May 16, 2017, 12:22:06 pm »
Is this you?

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2012/06/11/1226369/491820-pyjama-shopping.jpg
 :D
Lmao no i do not look like an american mum! Least i hope i dont look that old.

Offline Oberyn_Martell

• Desperate for it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11174 on: May 16, 2017, 12:22:57 pm »
No point crying over spilt milk
Or lots of name changes? 😊😄

• Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #11175 on: May 16, 2017, 01:07:01 pm »
Old people pissing themselves on buses is par for the course in Bournemouth surely?

True  :D

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #11176 on: May 17, 2017, 09:24:28 am »
People who get all arsey and cuntish with waiters and waitresses over things that aren't even their fault

Went out for lunch on Sunday to watch our game with West Ham. The place was packed. Service staff were ran off their feet. The young girl waitressing couldn't have been anymore than 19 or 20. Anyway, this couple at the table next to me started giving her an untold amount of grief over the food. I could understand if it was a michelin star restaurant at £100 per plate but this was bog standard bar grub at a tenner a go. The bloke was making a right scene. The poor girl - being as young as she was - went scarlet from embarrassment. It was horrid to watch. A few of us had to pull him on it and tell him to cool it a bit. All because the peas with his fish were cold. Fucking arsey whiney c*nt
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

• Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #11177 on: May 17, 2017, 11:16:17 am »
People who get all arsey and cuntish with waiters and waitresses over things that aren't even their fault

Went out for lunch on Sunday to watch our game with West Ham. The place was packed. Service staff were ran off their feet. The young girl waitressing couldn't have been anymore than 19 or 20. Anyway, this couple at the table next to me started giving her an untold amount of grief over the food. I could understand if it was a michelin star restaurant at £100 per plate but this was bog standard bar grub at a tenner a go. The bloke was making a right scene. The poor girl - being as young as she was - went scarlet from embarrassment. It was horrid to watch. A few of us had to pull him on it and tell him to cool it a bit. All because the peas with his fish were cold. Fucking arsey whiney c*nt

My mate does this with waiting staff, always complains about his food.

If you've got an issue you should ask to speak to the manager, not take it out on someone who's busting a gut to serve everyone and would have had zero involvement in the cooking process.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11178 on: May 17, 2017, 11:21:28 am »
My mate does this with waiting staff, always complains about his food.

If you've got an issue you should ask to speak to the manager, not take it out on someone who's busting a gut to serve everyone and would have had zero involvement in the cooking process.
used to deliver food as a side job to top up my normal wages. You always got wankers that were never happy

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11179 on: May 17, 2017, 12:31:05 pm »
used to deliver food as a side job to top up my normal wages. You always got wankers that were never happy

When I started at our place as a 21 yr old I was a driver - I always used the "don't blame me I'm only the driver" line.

Have worked in a hotel kitchen and see how hard it is for waiting on and bar staff when its busy, I never give them grief. Its only their job to take your order and bring it to your table. They might be first contact and will deal with issues, but if things are that bad they can't deal, then that what the managers are for.

Also, if you are very rude to them, don't be surprised to get hidden extras in your food.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11180 on: May 17, 2017, 03:12:21 pm »
When I started at our place as a 21 yr old I was a driver - I always used the "don't blame me I'm only the driver" line.

Have worked in a hotel kitchen and see how hard it is for waiting on and bar staff when its busy, I never give them grief. Its only their job to take your order and bring it to your table. They might be first contact and will deal with issues, but if things are that bad they can't deal, then that what the managers are for.

Also, if you are very rude to them, don't be surprised to get hidden extras in your food.
oh i used that line too. dont shoot the messenger etc

i did have people rude to me but in 6 and a half years i never spat or did anything to anyones food. robbed a couple of chips on one but i never spat, sneezed or did anything like that. if someone had gotten way outta line then maybe id think about it but they would have to be a right prick

i was glad i got through the 6 years without ever being robbed etc. i did come very close to hitting a fella once, his food was late but only because i was given the wrong address and wrong phone number. I explained that but he wasnt listening. as i got into my car he called me a prick. when he showed up in the shop a few minutes later we had a blazing row. i was very close to hitting him. he then claimed he was copper and would have me done for the way i spoke to him.

i told him if he was a cop it didnt matter as he had no right to speak to me like that. He kept mouthing on "i will do you, i will have you done etc"
i ended up telling him "do what you bleedin like"

found out he wasnt a cop at all. he worked for nissan.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #11181 on: May 17, 2017, 03:24:10 pm »
When you open a web page and the site is sluggish to load and you click on a link that you didn't want to because the page skips loading slowly causes your cursor to be in the wrong place which opens up a new tab.

Drives me fookin mad.

First world problems eh?

(Also hate people who use that phrase - not sure why I did, pissed off with myself now - bah!)
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11182 on: May 17, 2017, 03:24:16 pm »
oh i used that line too. dont shoot the messenger etc

i did have people rude to me but in 6 and a half years i never spat or did anything to anyones food. robbed a couple of chips on one but i never spat, sneezed or did anything like that. if someone had gotten way outta line then maybe id think about it but they would have to be a right prick

i was glad i got through the 6 years without ever being robbed etc. i did come very close to hitting a fella once, his food was late but only because i was given the wrong address and wrong phone number. I explained that but he wasnt listening. as i got into my car he called me a prick. when he showed up in the shop a few minutes later we had a blazing row. i was very close to hitting him. he then claimed he was copper and would have me done for the way i spoke to him.

i told him if he was a cop it didnt matter as he had no right to speak to me like that. He kept mouthing on "i will do you, i will have you done etc"
i ended up telling him "do what you bleedin like"

I never saw anything like that, but have heard plenty of stories of it happening. Our kid worked as a sous chef in a place in Roby after leaving Knowsley college. They had a manager who was a right c*nt to everyone. One night he came in for a meal and ordered steak. That steak was passed around the chefs and was jumped on, kicked, spat on, rubbed down arse cracks and then cooked.

After that he went to work in a Toby carvery in Formby, initially in the kitchen but then moved into the bar. One night some fella was treating him like a servant, clicking his fingers at him, abusive the lot - our kid let it go at the time. Couple of days later he's on his day off and is in the pub. Walks into the bogs and there's matey boy having a piss. Oh hello, remember me? Fella starts giving it billy big bollocks, so he battered the c*nt.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11183 on: May 17, 2017, 03:36:59 pm »
jesus he must have pissed him off big time.

Id well believe some places do sabotage the food for the want of a better word. i never saw anyone do it in the chippy i worked in, though to be fair it was quite an open plan so it would have been seen. but me in my car i could have got away with it but i just thought it was pretty low to do. however the likes of what your kid worked at, if someone did that to me i wouldnt feel bad about "accidentally" dropping the food

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11184 on: May 17, 2017, 04:44:37 pm »
It went from the head chef right down to our kid, they all mullered the steak, they hated him that much. As he got older he would confront someone face to face instead. He's an HGV driver these days and has been known to call senior management c*nts to their faces. He's always had a solid argument to back him up, so gets away with it.

This gets me on to why do some people think you have to treat employees like shit? Everyone in a company deserves to be treated with respect. Being a c*nt only makes them hate you and the company.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11185 on: May 17, 2017, 05:10:03 pm »
This gets me on to why do some people think you have to treat employees like shit? Everyone in a company deserves to be treated with respect. Being a c*nt only makes them hate you and the company.

Hate that. Everyone deserves the same respect.

Girl in work does some sort of internal invoicing, when she sends out an invoice, she quite often gets no reply. Sends a reminder, still no reply. Sends another reminder, this time copying the boss in. Gets replies within an hour. ::)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

• Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #11186 on: May 18, 2017, 07:58:33 am »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11187 on: May 18, 2017, 08:20:17 am »
It went from the head chef right down to our kid, they all mullered the steak, they hated him that much. As he got older he would confront someone face to face instead. He's an HGV driver these days and has been known to call senior management c*nts to their faces. He's always had a solid argument to back him up, so gets away with it.

yep

doesnt matter who you are in work. treat everyone the same. always like high up managers who take the time to get to know people

likewise i always be friendly to cleaners. i used to be one myself
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
yep. my other job you see i was able to look up stuff like that. first thing i did the following morning was look him up. i kinda had a feeling he was bluffing to intimidate me and this proved it. even if he was a plod, what exactly could i have been done for. he calls me a prick and wants me arrested for delivering a bag of chips ?

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #11188 on: May 18, 2017, 04:46:18 pm »
phrases "our kid" "our dan"  or someone referring to someone you don't know by their name instead of "my mate x"

I don't know who your Dan is, naming him by name is pointless to me just say "my mate from work Dan"
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #11189 on: May 18, 2017, 08:39:53 pm »
Absolutely despise Windows 10, always having some sort of problem with it. Unfortunately the only alternative is the overpriced Apple. If anyone here has had the issue of their user account being locked and going to a temporary account, do let me know how to solve it. Tried everything to no avail.

Offline Oberyn_Martell

• Desperate for it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11190 on: May 18, 2017, 11:12:52 pm »
When you have to replace your charger every 2 weeks because they wont stop breaking/malfunctioning!!

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11191 on: May 19, 2017, 10:33:23 am »
Absolutely despise Windows 10, always having some sort of problem with it. Unfortunately the only alternative is the overpriced Apple. If anyone here has had the issue of their user account being locked and going to a temporary account, do let me know how to solve it. Tried everything to no avail.
You'd be better off looking for a specific Windows thread or at least asking in here Technology and Science

Can't say I've ever had your problem.

Sent from my overpriced Apple

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #11192 on: May 19, 2017, 11:54:34 am »

Linux is another alternative.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11193 on: May 19, 2017, 12:18:40 pm »
Yet another driving one. Metrolink have started building the tram extension from the quays by Old Trafford to the Trafford Centre. My commute is under Jct 9 to the OT car park where the coaches park, all dual carriageway and a large part of the tramway is being built on the road. Some parts are coned off to one lane to keep traffic away from the works, with all the warning signs set out. Every single day without fail, going both ways, some c*nt will ignore every sign and drive right to the cones, then come to a stop at the cones and try to get in, even when they get to the 100yd sign they make no attempt to merge with traffic. Are these people blind or just utter shit drivers?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11194 on: May 19, 2017, 12:34:45 pm »
Someone in my office has their mobile phone on as they need it for work, which is fine. What isn't fine, though, is their tendency to let it ring for at least a few seconds before answering. I get if they're busy, they won't be able to answer immediately, but it's every time the phone rings and that happens at least two or three times a day. Their ring tone is loud enough to be heard throughout the office, too.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #11195 on: May 19, 2017, 12:38:10 pm »
The fact that Microsoft Office costs so much now!
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11196 on: May 19, 2017, 04:08:53 pm »
When you do a favour for someone and pick them up at a time they've given you, but bang on that time they text and say they'll be 15 mins late  :no

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11197 on: May 19, 2017, 06:43:14 pm »
When you do a favour for someone and pick them up at a time they've given you, but bang on that time they text and say they'll be 15 mins late  :no

I remember the odd occasion when my uncle would give me a lift to the train station for uni in a morning when he was on his way to work (if it was pissing it down) and he'd always go pick a mate up from his house. We used to get to the guy's house at the time and he'd always have a reason for why we'd have to wait a bit longer for him. It used to piss me off no end, partly 'cause it'd make me late for the train and partly because he was taking the piss out of my uncle.

• Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #11198 on: May 20, 2017, 09:43:48 am »
Someone in my office has their mobile phone on as they need it for work, which is fine. What isn't fine, though, is their tendency to let it ring for at least a few seconds before answering. I get if they're busy, they won't be able to answer immediately, but it's every time the phone rings and that happens at least two or three times a day. Their ring tone is loud enough to be heard throughout the office, too.

Or when people do this on the bus/train, in the pub etc.

If you're not going to answer it, don't stare at it and leave it ringing loudly, just press ignore.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #11199 on: May 20, 2017, 11:57:11 am »
Grown men who take mirror selfies need a severe kicking 
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.