Author Topic: The Hyundai A-League Thread  (Read 84274 times)

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Hyundai A-League Thread
« Reply #200 on: August 7, 2010, 12:59:39 pm »
Ha ha Muscat you wanker!! Lol. Go Sydney.
Damn, you were about to get a nice big "fuck off Sydney" until the ref bailed your lot out.  ;)

Dugandzic looks a good young player, and not just because i went to school with him.  :D

Offline Branno

• Legacy Fan
  • Melbourne Scouse!
« Reply #201 on: August 7, 2010, 01:25:37 pm »
Weird actually watching MV and wanting them to loose tonight. But fuck 'em...Heart is where its at :)
"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"......Bill Shankly

Offline Mackeroo

• Like mackerel, just more impressive. And bouncier.....now with added joeys.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: August 7, 2010, 01:50:20 pm »
You sticking to your guns about the heart branno mate :wave

Offline Halibut-Thumb

• I apologise for my shit user name and piss-poor spelling. You know, my friends and family tell me they are surprised I couldn't think of anything better. Ah well, such is life.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • Lesbian ham?
« Reply #203 on: August 8, 2010, 06:21:53 am »
Sydney should have won that... Fell completely asleep for that 10 minute period when Melbourne got back in the game. Other than that were pretty good, Carle's touch was magnificant.
In Soviet Russia, fish fingers you.

Offline furns

• Main Stander
  • It all started with Craig Johnston
    • Liverpool Supporters Club NSW
« Reply #204 on: August 8, 2010, 04:01:49 pm »
Makes me sad Carle went to Shitney instead of coming back to Newcastle like he promised  :(
Any Liverpool supporters in NSW, Australia please contact us club@lfcnsw.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/lfcnsw
Twitter: @LFCNSW

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: August 10, 2010, 07:33:17 am »
i could never get sick of watching muscat fuck up, gad i hate that man.  sadly im an NQ Fury fan.  the first round was a nice warmup for the epl i must say.  brissy and sydney looked quality.  hopefully the queenslad teams can make the finals!

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: August 14, 2010, 11:34:16 am »
Perth time-wasting with 5 minutes to go in the first half.  :P

Offline bakstabba

• Lord, what fools these mortals be!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: August 14, 2010, 11:39:17 am »
Crowd in Sydney was bloody dissapointing last time so hoping there'll be a big crowd for the next home game. Hope the Nicki Carle effect will help :)
Socrates did have a habit of polarising opinion, as does Lucas. Lucas is also good at hemming opponents in and locking them into difficult situations.

Offline pepe_carra_stevie_nando

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: August 15, 2010, 12:38:25 am »
Take that Muscat you c*nt.
Thing is, if you're going to have a massive beard then you simply MUST have a 'tache with it. Otherwise you just look like you've dipped your sticky chin in to a box of fannies.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: August 15, 2010, 01:57:36 am »
Take that Muscat you c*nt.
Was like Jesus in comparison to Burns.

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: August 15, 2010, 04:53:11 pm »
Was like Jesus in comparison to Burns.

Been chatting to Burnsy's brother, he's been given some right abuse! ;D
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: August 22, 2010, 08:07:25 am »
What a game between Victory and North Queensland. You have to like the way the Fury have gone about it this year, they are exciting and I always have a soft spot for the underdog.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: August 23, 2010, 02:16:58 am »
What a game between Victory and North Queensland. You have to like the way the Fury have gone about it this year, they are exciting and I always have a soft spot for the underdog.

yeah mate loving our start this year.  not many teams could draw with melbourne with nine men ey :). fuck i hate muscat!

Offline bakstabba

• Lord, what fools these mortals be!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: August 23, 2010, 02:22:20 am »

Shame about the crowds this year though, especially for Sydney
Socrates did have a habit of polarising opinion, as does Lucas. Lucas is also good at hemming opponents in and locking them into difficult situations.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: September 5, 2010, 12:16:55 pm »
Went to Glory today and loved God's goal. The crowd went crazy.

Loved when Paston was taking his goal kicks and the shed were going ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you sheep shagger, you sheep shagger, you sheep shagger, your shit ahhhhhh. Had a good old chuckle at that. Suppose the crowds at all the games do that against the Phoenix though.
Thing is, if you're going to have a massive beard then you simply MUST have a 'tache with it. Otherwise you just look like you've dipped your sticky chin in to a box of fannies.

Offline furns

• Main Stander
« Reply #215 on: September 11, 2010, 11:27:17 am »
Went to Glory today and loved God's goal. The crowd went crazy.

Loved when Paston was taking his goal kicks and the shed were going ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you sheep shagger, you sheep shagger, you sheep shagger, your shit ahhhhhh. Had a good old chuckle at that. Suppose the crowds at all the games do that against the Phoenix though.
No - only the Glory do that chant.

cos its shit :)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: September 11, 2010, 03:21:14 pm »
I didn't think so. I thought it was quite funny to be honest but I hadn't heard it before. Now parents are saying they might boycot games because of the language that was used.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: September 11, 2010, 03:24:15 pm »
I didn't think so. I thought it was quite funny to be honest but I hadn't heard it before. Now parents are saying they might boycot games because of the language that was used.
I thought it was only Perth also. I've heard it before, just couldn't work out what they were saying.

Offline Fluro Kaz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #218 on: October 5, 2010, 05:43:45 am »
Any Sydney fans about?.....haha. good couple of weeks coming up for Melbourne, first derby friday night, then Sydney the week after

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: October 5, 2010, 06:08:45 am »
Any Sydney fans about?.....haha. good couple of weeks coming up for Melbourne, first derby friday night, then Sydney the week after

Mate.  This is possibly the most depressing start to a football season ever for me.

Just nothing going at all.

Was at the game yesterday...  We fucking dominated them....  but a couple of stupid errors and we get punished harshly. 

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: October 6, 2010, 12:13:58 pm »
Looking forward to Friday night's clash between Melbourne Heart and Melbourne Victory.
I'll tell you one thing for sure... I wouldn't trust no words written down on no piece of paper, especially from no Dickenson out in the town of Machine.

Offline furns

• Main Stander
« Reply #221 on: October 6, 2010, 03:06:09 pm »
Yeah decent bit of hype with an Aussie game on the day after and my local team (Newcastle Jets) have no games until the 16th.
Not a bad way to pass the weekend imo

AAMI Park was sold out as of today I believe, so will be a packed 30000 to watch the game. and with that stadium design, should be good and loud.

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: October 7, 2010, 03:32:15 pm »
Couple of rumours that one of the u20s from Manly United in Sydney is signing for QPR. Good deal for him if it's true.
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: October 13, 2010, 01:36:32 am »
You guys been following the U19 Asian Championship?

The lads are playing in the semi tomorrow against Saudi Arabia.

4-1 over Yemen
3-0 over Iran (sweet)
0-0 with Korea

Quarter final
4-2 over UAE in extra time.  Some really cracking goals in this game

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: October 15, 2010, 12:32:54 pm »
That's 5 straight losses. What the fuck is going on?

Edit: Make that 6.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 01:20:55 pm by pepe_carra_stevie_nando »

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: October 26, 2010, 11:21:36 am »
Adelaide- Melbourne Victory.  Should be great.  2 of the best supported teams in the country

On a sidenote... Didn't North Queensland or the league or someone put  a media ban on the assistant manager?.....hmm makes you think . I wonder if that would work in the premier league.

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: October 28, 2010, 02:33:30 am »
Adelaide- Melbourne Victory.  Should be great.  2 of the best supported teams in the country
I'll tell you one thing for sure... I wouldn't trust no words written down on no piece of paper, especially from no Dickenson out in the town of Machine.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: October 29, 2010, 01:44:32 am »

yeah a lot of good match ups this weekend.  adelaide vs melbourne victory, sydney vs brisbane, central coast vs perth, newcastle vs melbourne heart, north queensland vs gold coast.  great weekend for australian football  :hally

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #228 on: October 29, 2010, 06:37:43 am »
So how's Robbie doing?  According to Wikipedia, he's playing for Perth.
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: October 29, 2010, 06:46:46 am »
So how's Robbie doing?  According to Wikipedia, he's playing for Perth.

He isn't playing too well at the moment. It also doesn't help that we were top of the table after the first 4-5 weeks but have lost the last 6.

Offline Spectre

• One Day In the Life of Ivan Sphincterovich. Inmate 00013 of RAWK Gulag 25
  • Boys Pen
  • AngrY
« Reply #230 on: October 29, 2010, 08:21:29 am »
How is the quality of the A League in comparison with the J League and the Iranian/Arab Leagues(Two best leagues in the Asian region imo) ?

I saw a couple of A League matches and was disappointed with the Kick and rush approach , in complete contrast to the sublime technical stuff they have in the J League.
GENERAL LUCAS LEIVA , MIDFIELD REGIMENT.

Racism is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out
NO Race , NO Ethnicity , NO Religion. Only Human.

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: October 29, 2010, 09:58:10 am »
How is the quality of the A League in comparison with the J League and the Iranian/Arab Leagues(Two best leagues in the Asian region imo) ?

I saw a couple of A League matches and was disappointed with the Kick and rush approach , in complete contrast to the sublime technical stuff they have in the J League.

Brisbane, Adelaide and Melbourne Victory play some good stuff usually.  All have playmakers though (Brisbane especially play good football).  The others are a bit of mix and match.  I think it's poor tactically compared to the J-league though(as well as not having the technical skills of those in the J-league to compensate).  I remember when it started, the ball was just at one end or the other (like ping pong football) where seemed to be no game plane other than score.  The AFC champions league pretty much shows their inability to adapt to different situations/competitors.  Adelaide under Aurelio Vidmar came very close to winning it, playing some very good (tactical good) stuff.  If they get into the champions league next year (or the year after? I have no idea how the system works) and are able to keep Flores, Pantelis, Leckie than they should be a threat.  But yeah tactically..A league is still sub par, but is improving (due to the increasing european influence, and better quality foreign players)

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: January 9, 2011, 06:18:34 am »
Brisbane playing like Barcelona.  Pass and move personified.  Big clear out by Ange Postecog....whatever his name is, and brought in some players.  Worked amazingly.  Even when they are shit they are still the best.  20 games unbeaten I think..  But the reason I brought up this page is because,

A-League's Reebok deal to finish at end of season

The A-League's exclusive deal with Reebok will finish up at the end of the current season.
All A-League clubs at present are contracted to use Reebok apparel for their playing kits but from season seven, clubs will be able to individually organise their own apparel deals.
Football Federation Australia has given A-League clubs the all-clear to negotiate their own apparel contracts once the Reebok deal expires.
It is believed that two-time A-League champion and the league's best-supported club, Melbourne Victory, have already struck up a partnership with adidas.

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/football/w-league/news/article/-/7878263/a-leagues-reebok-deal-to-finish-at-end-of-season/

Old news but great news.  Nothing wrong with reebok but when everyone wears gear from the same manufacturer, it makes the league look shit

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: January 9, 2011, 07:22:46 am »
Agreed. Will be better for the league.

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: January 9, 2011, 10:31:07 am »
Muscat getting sent off today was pure magic . ;D

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: January 9, 2011, 12:58:57 pm »

Offline .matt

• Boys Pen
« Reply #236 on: January 9, 2011, 04:00:29 pm »
Muscat getting sent off today was pure magic . ;D

Never thought I'd see it. Amazing. Though it's a bit of a shame he won't be at the SFS on Saturday....

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: January 10, 2011, 12:10:09 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-0cu0QvGZRQ?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-0cu0QvGZRQ?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
Brilliant match and a great crowd

Agreed. Will be better for the league.

I was just thinking about it again, and hopefully they go for companies like puma, nike, adidas, umbro and not smaller ones, otherwise, the A-league may lose some of its marketability. And it makes the league look worse.

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: January 21, 2011, 12:00:51 pm »
Goalfest tonight. A-League record. Highest score and greatest winning margin.

Adelaide Utd 8
North Qld      1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: January 21, 2011, 03:23:05 pm »
2 hat-tricks in that to Van Dijk and Marcos Flores. Didn't see it but I might just have to watch a replay of the match.