Author Topic: Breaking Bad *please use spoiler tags*  (Read 257659 times)

Offline Team Sleep

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A walking surplus.
Re: Breaking Bad
« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2010, 02:26:05 am »
Looks like I can finally post spoilers  ;D

Spoiler
My girlfriend and I sat through the final episode hoping they didn't kill Gale. Throughout the seasons both Walt and Jesse have kind of carried the sense of being the everyman that does the wrong things for the right reasons. Killing Gale felt like the act that finally removed the humanity and made them just as deserving to not live out the final season as any of the other established baddies. I don't expect there to be a swerve and Gale to still be alive.

The final two episodes were superb. Walt's intervention to save Jesse, and how he coldly despatched one of the gang members, was really well done. I also really liked how despite Jesse's reservations about killing Gale, and despite everything that has happened with Walt, he didn't hesitate to save him. Sums up how very well scripted and acted this show is - I wasn't sure about Jesse when I first started watching the show but I think Aaron Paul has really grown into the role. Bryan Cranston has obviously been awesome as Walt.

Gus has been an excellent character and I've really liked getting to see more of Mike the P.I. He had some great scenes in the final two episodes (she's gonna need her shoe!), but in particular his speech to Walt about half measures and full measures was brilliantly done. Right now it's hard to see how Walt will get out of this, but it wouldn't surprise me if Mike is involved.

I imagine the next season will be the one where Hank becomes involved and is forced to take sides.
[close]

Offline ianfb25

• Legacy Fan
  • KK7
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2010, 10:04:19 pm »
Watched the first 5 eps of season 1 this past few days, been on my to do list for some time and after hearing things about the season 3 finale, without anything too specific, I thought this was for me. About to watch the last 2 eps of season 1 now.

Think its superb so far, the pilot was one of the best pilots to a show I have seen for a long while. I can see why Bryan Cranston has won emmys even in the first few episodes.

Right, 2 more to come.

Offline ianfb25

• Legacy Fan
  • KK7
« Reply #82 on: July 4, 2010, 06:51:29 pm »
Just finished episode 11 of season 2. This is quickly becoming the best thing on TV right now for me. Got the last 2 eps of 2, that I'll probably watch now to be fair, then all of season 3. Absolutely fantastic TV, gripping stuff yo.

Pheeny

« Reply #83 on: July 4, 2010, 08:02:26 pm »

Offline ianfb25

• Legacy Fan
  • KK7
« Reply #84 on: July 4, 2010, 09:12:59 pm »
Jesus wept. Looks like Im watching the first ep of season 3 then!! This show is unreal.

Offline ianfb25

• Legacy Fan
  • KK7
« Reply #85 on: July 9, 2010, 09:17:41 pm »
Took the day off work and just finished watching the last 8 episodes of season 3 back to back. What a show. July next year is a long time to wait after watching 33 episodes in the space of a couple of weeks.

Aaron Paul truly deserves the Emmy he has been nominated for as best supporting actor, I would have said give it to Terry O'Quin before watching season 3, but now my minds been changed.

Immense show, thoroughly enjoyable. Love it.

Offline ianfb25

• Legacy Fan
  • KK7
« Reply #86 on: July 9, 2010, 09:22:57 pm »
Oh for the record the only problem with this show is now I have started calling people bitch at very inopportune moments.

Bitch.

Offline Crazyhorse7778

• Legacy Fan
  • VICTORY!!!
« Reply #87 on: July 9, 2010, 09:38:36 pm »
Was very surprised to see it didn't get an emmy nom for writing.
anyone know what actually happened to ribery's face?
Just a routine tackle by Skrtel

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #88 on: July 9, 2010, 09:39:14 pm »
gripping stuff yo.

That made me smile too. :D

It's my favourite show on tv at the moment and when I started watching it was not at all like I was expecting (a copy of Weeds). Coincidentally I read this whilst pretending to be working this afternoon..

'Breaking Bad' exec responds to Emmy nods

Friday, July 9 2010, 16:43 BST
By Catriona Wightman

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a240955/breaking-bad-exec-responds-to-emmy-nods.html

Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan has admitted that he is "scratching his head" after the show was recognised in the Emmy nominations.

The show picked up a total of seven nods, including one in the 'Outstanding Drama Series' category. The programme's stars Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul also gained nominations.

The news means that the series has now picked up a total of 16 nominations since it first aired in 2008.

Speaking to the Los Angeles Times, Cranston explained that he feels more excited about the Emmy nods each year.

"It means more each time, [it] has a richer and deeper meaning," he said. "It leaves me scratching my head because it's a show that's getting darker. But we're not being dark for darkness' sake. We're telling a very realistic story about a guy who made the world's worst decision, to sell crystal meth for profit. Nothing good can come from it.

"It's great that there are viewers who seem to be along for the long run, as long as we keep things interesting to the bitter end."
« Last Edit: July 9, 2010, 09:51:01 pm by Uhoh AureliOs »

Offline HAYNES

• Boys Pen
« Reply #89 on: August 5, 2010, 02:29:29 am »
One of my mates was banging on about this for ages, and when i finally gave it the time i was hooked. Got through all three seasons in a week. Easilly the best series around at the moment. Can't wait for season 4.
When the smoke clears and the dust settles i will be the last man standing.

Offline ianfb25

• Legacy Fan
  • KK7
« Reply #90 on: August 5, 2010, 08:36:43 pm »
One of my mates was banging on about this for ages, and when i finally gave it the time i was hooked. Got through all three seasons in a week. Easilly the best series around at the moment. Can't wait for season 4.

Is the correct answer. Im pissed off at myself for blitzing it so quick. Now Im in need of a fix!!

Show has everything, criminally ignored in this country,

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #91 on: August 29, 2010, 11:55:53 pm »
What a show just started watching it.

Gus is one scary motherfucker.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline ianfb25

• Legacy Fan
  • KK7
« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2010, 09:41:07 pm »

Aaron Paul truly deserves the Emmy he has been nominated for as best supporting actor, I would have said give it to Terry O'Quin before watching season 3, but now my minds been changed.

Made up, really deserved this. And Cranston with the third Best Actor win in succession? Takes some doing that. First actor since Bill Cosby to get the hattrick, impressive.

Did I mention I love this show?

Offline dcornell

• Kopite
« Reply #93 on: September 1, 2010, 06:47:47 pm »
Just started watching this, watched the first four episodes and I'm hooked.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #94 on: September 1, 2010, 07:00:46 pm »

I envy you.

It gets a hell of a lot better with each season (sort of like The Wire)
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline ianfb25

• Legacy Fan
  • KK7
« Reply #95 on: September 1, 2010, 07:02:48 pm »

It gets better as it goes on mate. Season 3 is spectacular.

Offline dcornell

• Kopite
« Reply #96 on: September 1, 2010, 07:11:17 pm »
Hadn't watched Sopranos until a few months back, this was another show that I'd been meaning to watch for ages but never got round to it. Haven't watched one minute of The Wire either and I hear thats pretty good . . .

Offline Ginamos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: September 1, 2010, 07:13:38 pm »
Tremendous series, one of the best things on at the moment.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #98 on: September 28, 2010, 06:13:06 pm »
Honestly i'm surprised not a lot of people have picked on this.Very good acting,really nice story for a change and the chemistry between the main  2 characters is strong.It only gets better as you move on and the culmination at the end of the 3rd season is just teriific.Actually the whole 3rd season is top stuff and the best of all 3.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline MarkML

• Kopite
« Reply #99 on: September 28, 2010, 09:25:51 pm »
this show is quality so far
im on season 2 episode 9 i think, have to be a little critical and say i didnt enjoy the middle section of series 1,it gets very depressing and hard to watch at times,but i suppose that is to be expected with the subject material

lookin forward to series 3 after reading the above comments!

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #100 on: September 29, 2010, 10:04:12 pm »
Also just got onto this, 4 episodes in and think it's fantastic.

Excited to think it's supposed to get even better.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: October 7, 2010, 02:22:20 pm »
Was given this on friday last week, have now completed watching all 3 series.

Chemistry is awesome. Although the bit with mercury fulminate seemed a bit weird.

Offline Rob Jones Maybe?

• The Equaliser
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK N' Roll
« Reply #102 on: October 7, 2010, 04:34:02 pm »
Only managed to get one season in on this but it was fantastic and I can't wait to get into the rest of it. Bryan Cranston deserves any awards he can get for his performances and everything about Breaking Bad oozes quality.

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2010, 01:38:19 am »
Like everyone else says, fantastic show. At first I found it hard to like either of the two main characters. I really tried but they always did something that made me dislike them again through some stupid act, but I like them again after watching season 3.

Although I tend to hate people like Saul Goodman in real life, I just love the guy in this show. He's hilarious.

Spoiler
I didn't think season 3 was as good as season 2, which I thought had consistently good episodes, but season 3 had a couple of stunning ones. For instance I found that one episode with the fly in the room to be really slow but it was still good to see them reflect back on things that happened before.

I'm still not sure about the airplane crash. It's like they planned it out to be one thing but then it ended up being quite insignificant. Why show all those episodes with the teddy bear?
[close]
Still brilliant viewing.
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline MarkML

• Kopite
« Reply #104 on: October 20, 2010, 12:10:26 am »
currently watchin season 3 at the minute

just watched season 3 episode 2 and im trying to ID the last tune played towards the end of the show? anybody think of the one im on about?
i could explain the scene its from but id give away the plot for those still watchin

how do you post spoilers by the way?then i can describe it,though it is the main song of the episode, dark,lightly chugging guitar throughout,i have to find the name of it!

Offline Seebab

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: October 20, 2010, 01:01:56 am »
currently watchin season 3 at the minute

just watched season 3 episode 2 and im trying to ID the last tune played towards the end of the show? anybody think of the one im on about?
i could explain the scene its from but id give away the plot for those still watchin

how do you post spoilers by the way?then i can describe it,though it is the main song of the episode, dark,lightly chugging guitar throughout,i have to find the name of it!

Horse With No Name by America?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdsHfZG19HM&feature=related

I like Horse With No Name but my favourite has always been Sister Golden Hair

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rxgGVIrDqY
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 01:10:03 am by Seebab »

Offline Seebab

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: October 20, 2010, 01:08:21 am »
Hard to explain without actually making a spoiler so i'll try another way

To make a spoiler you:
1)put the the word "spoiler" in square brackets like these [].
2)leave a comment
3) then close it with [/spoiler]

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: December 8, 2010, 06:20:39 pm »
Like everyone else says, fantastic show. At first I found it hard to like either of the two main characters. I really tried but they always did something that made me dislike them again through some stupid act, but I like them again after watching season 3.

Although I tend to hate people like Saul Goodman in real life, I just love the guy in this show. He's hilarious.

Spoiler
I didn't think season 3 was as good as season 2, which I thought had consistently good episodes, but season 3 had a couple of stunning ones. For instance I found that one episode with the fly in the room to be really slow but it was still good to see them reflect back on things that happened before.

I'm still not sure about the airplane crash. It's like they planned it out to be one thing but then it ended up being quite insignificant. Why show all those episodes with the teddy bear?
[close]
Still brilliant viewing.

Absolutey summed up everything I wanted to say!

What a show. Confortably in 3rd on my all time list, behind the Wire and The Sopranos. But the only thing Ive ever watched which is close to those 2 monsters.

Class, class, class.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline Gigantic Lamb

• Seeks huge jar of mint sauce for quiet nights in. I need to think of a really really long Custom title. As long as possible... Any ideas PM me....I dont even like mint sauce....Whats your sauce? I am Saucy ........are you?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: December 11, 2010, 07:49:19 pm »
Watched the first 3 episodes and its very good,very good indeed....
European Cups are like houses - Ultimately it's better to own than to rent.

http://twitter.com/giganticlamb

☆☆☆☆☆

Pheeny

« Reply #109 on: December 12, 2010, 12:15:59 am »
Watched the first 3 episodes and its very good,very good indeed....
I wish I'd only just watched the first 3 episodes...

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: December 12, 2010, 12:47:18 am »
Amazing show

Offline Gigantic Lamb

• Seeks huge jar of mint sauce for quiet nights in. I need to think of a really really long Custom title. As long as possible... Any ideas PM me....I dont even like mint sauce....Whats your sauce? I am Saucy ........are you?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: December 12, 2010, 01:18:44 am »
I wish I'd only just watched the first 3 episodes...

It looks like it going to be classic,

I think ill take my time on it....but knowing me Ill get through it in a week....
European Cups are like houses - Ultimately it's better to own than to rent.

http://twitter.com/giganticlamb

☆☆☆☆☆

Offline Ginamos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: December 12, 2010, 01:35:22 am »
Don't rush, season 4 isn't scheduled for broadcast in the US until July 2011.

That's depressing me, can't wait.

Offline MarkML

• Kopite
« Reply #113 on: December 13, 2010, 07:03:29 pm »
after a few attempts i still cant seem to post spoilers
anyways, just watched the ending of S3.wow. cant describe how good this show is
the only reason i cant rate it higher than sopranos as my personal fav is sopranos had more likeable characters in it that you warmed to.so much shit has happened in BB with the main characters that i dont like them much at all..................but in a wierd way still wanna see them come out good in all pof this

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #114 on: December 14, 2010, 09:57:38 am »
Gonna start watching season 3 this week. Just about got over the end of season 3 of Sons Of Anarchy, and I'm really staring to get into Boardwalk Empire too.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: December 15, 2010, 09:29:57 am »
Confortably the 3rd best TV show of all time, right behind the big two. Nothing else deserves to be mentionned in the same breath of The Sopranos and The Wire but this comes damn close.

What a show.

Pheeny

« Reply #116 on: December 15, 2010, 10:09:33 am »
Confortably the 3rd best TV show of all time, right behind the big two. Nothing else deserves to be mentionned in the same breath of The Sopranos and The Wire but this comes damn close.

What a show.
have you seen Oz ?

Offline Brentieke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: December 15, 2010, 10:54:45 am »
have you seen Oz ?

Yep and it's 4th in my top 5, Rescue Me 5th!

Think Breaking Bad is better thought to be fair, Oz lasted longer so maybe its fairer to judge when the entire series is over. But, however good Oz is, it never gripped me like Breaking Bad does. Still a great show though!

Offline Chaztastic

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: December 15, 2010, 01:34:18 pm »

What a show.

Only just finished watching season 2 of Breaking Bad and I'd agree with you were it not for the existence of Mad Men.

Think Breaking Bad is better thought to be fair, Oz lasted longer so maybe its fairer to judge when the entire series is over.

I agree that it's only in the final analysis that such comparisons can be made. Hence the reason I agree with your choices one and two!

Any word when S3 of Breaking Bad will be shown in the UK?

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #119 on: December 15, 2010, 01:44:52 pm »
Fuck July is too long to wait.