Author Topic: Breaking Bad *please use spoiler tags*  (Read 258759 times)

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Breaking Bad *please use spoiler tags*
« Reply #3680 on: August 12, 2015, 01:39:06 am »
Breaking Bad was near enough perfect from season 1, through to the finale. There's been loads of hoax articles/interviews posted online saying it'll be back but I think Vince Gilligan came out and said it wouldn't be happening for sure a while back. No way it would happen either, and rightly so. One of those shows I'll watch back from season 1 to the end in a couple of years and love every minute of it.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3681 on: August 12, 2015, 02:41:11 pm »
For anyone who thinks it could happen, I have a bridge to sell you. On said bridge is Elvis and Michael Jackson performing a duet, with aliens as back-up singers.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #3682 on: August 12, 2015, 02:43:04 pm »
;D
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3684 on: October 28, 2015, 08:53:46 pm »
Amazing news. I'm not sure how they can carry it on though, seeing as most loose ends were tied.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3685 on: October 28, 2015, 08:59:03 pm »
its fake.

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3686 on: October 28, 2015, 09:03:09 pm »
Ha. On the same Website, Obama announces that he's running for a 3rd term..

http://nbc.com.co/obama-announces-third-term-presidential-run/

I'm so gullible..  ;D

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #3688 on: December 16, 2015, 06:32:31 pm »
been bladdering the (170 track) OST compilation in the car for the past few months.........best soundtrack to any TV show?...I should coco
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #3689 on: February 3, 2016, 08:54:02 pm »
I just finished watching this for the first time. Managed to get to 2016 without seeing a single spoiler, and oh my fucking God, it is just sublime. Don't think any television character has ever deserved a cuddle more than Jesse Pinkman.

Binged all five seasons in a little over a week. I feel empty.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3690 on: February 3, 2016, 09:10:38 pm »
Now get on Better Call Saul.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #3691 on: March 28, 2016, 11:11:20 pm »
Just started watching today, 6 episodes in already. After about 20 minutes I thought this is shit and I can't understand what all the fuss is about but 20 minutes later I couldn't wait to watch the next one.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #3692 on: March 28, 2016, 11:19:02 pm »
Just started watching today, 6 episodes in already.

Jammy bastard - I envy you. So much amazing television ahead.

:)

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #3693 on: April 3, 2016, 02:20:44 am »
I still haven't completed season 2. I've had the boxset for 18 months and I have struggled to get through it. I don't remember what episode it was but in the first season I thought yes, this is where it gets good but the next episode just dragged out for ages and I lost interest. I must have watched each episode twice trying to get into it but I just can't.

I assume it gets much better. But so far I haven't found it in me to get through to seeing it do so. The first two seasons have bored me and while I appreciate that it's above average in quality it just hasn't been entirely gripping so far. I'm going to give it one final try over the next few days and if I can't get into it by season three I'll fuck it off as it there's only so much repetitiveness I can take.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3694 on: April 3, 2016, 09:32:59 am »
For some reason my 14 year old daughter has got in to BB and watches a couple of episodes every night. Taking her a drink or food can be disruptive to anything else I do because I become glued to a scene again. Fascinating.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #3695 on: April 3, 2016, 09:49:02 am »
I still haven't completed season 2. I've had the boxset for 18 months and I have struggled to get through it. I don't remember what episode it was but in the first season I thought yes, this is where it gets good but the next episode just dragged out for ages and I lost interest. I must have watched each episode twice trying to get into it but I just can't.

I assume it gets much better. But so far I haven't found it in me to get through to seeing it do so. The first two seasons have bored me and while I appreciate that it's above average in quality it just hasn't been entirely gripping so far. I'm going to give it one final try over the next few days and if I can't get into it by season three I'll fuck it off as it there's only so much repetitiveness I can take.

First season definitely the weakest but it's incredible TV once it gets going.
I was the same initially - watched a few eps of S1 and then left it for probably 6 months or a year and then finally went back and binged it all in a few months.
It's worth getting through Season 1 because it really is amazing.
« Last Edit: April 3, 2016, 12:56:02 pm by johnsmithlfc »
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #3696 on: April 3, 2016, 10:22:17 am »

This is a very troubling post  :D :P

Stick with it, mate. It will reward you in the end.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3697 on: April 3, 2016, 01:50:07 pm »
I didn't like the last season very much at all.
Minority opinion, I know.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #3698 on: April 3, 2016, 02:18:46 pm »
I didn't like the last season very much at all.
Minority opinion, I know.

i agree, the last was undoubtedly the weakest season (although also contained possibly the best individual episodes).
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3699 on: April 3, 2016, 02:26:24 pm »
i agree, the last was undoubtedly the weakest season (although also contained possibly the best individual episodes).

Yes some very good individual episodes, but for me it pushed it all too far somehow.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #3700 on: May 29, 2016, 10:48:48 am »
Just finished season 5, unbelievably good show that ties up most loose ends.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #3701 on: March 22, 2017, 12:38:11 am »
Wow.

Holy. Fuck.

I'm watching this show late; extremely late as dates will show!

Just watched 4.10 ('Salud': http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/breaking-bad-salud-61733).  What brilliant television this show is.  This episode was near-breathtaking.

I've always said that LOST's season three double-finale is the best television I've ever seen (closely rivalled by a three or four episode run during the middle third of Mad Men's fifth series) but, fuck me, that episode of Breaking Bad...

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3702 on: March 23, 2017, 02:45:01 am »

Just watched 4.10 ('Salud': http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/breaking-bad-salud-61733).  What brilliant television this show is.  This episode was near-breathtaking.

I've always said that LOST's season three double-finale is the best television I've ever seen (closely rivalled by a three or four episode run during the middle third of Mad Men's fifth series) but, fuck me, that episode of Breaking Bad...
Oh mate you think that's good. It gets better, and better, and better.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3703 on: March 23, 2017, 03:47:17 pm »

Agree with you, Salud is one of the best episodes for me. Perfectly designed, great soundtrack too.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3704 on: March 23, 2017, 08:39:56 pm »
Amazing show, binged it a few months back when I was off sick from work and what a treat it was. Certainly up there to rival The Sopranos as best Tv show.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #3705 on: March 27, 2017, 01:47:38 pm »
Something that irks me about the analysis and commentary around Breaking Bad by some observers is the fact it appears obligatory to immediately compare it to ‘Series X’ and then say why it’s better or worse than said series. Of course, a frame of reference is useful and being able to compare to other shows can help to develop its standing in the pantheon of TV history. However, the danger with such comparisons is that the love of a really great show becomes intertwined with a pissing contest that distracts from its standalone qualities. “It’s not as good as…” just becomes a bit glib and appears to give people licence to slag off fantastic telly for the sake of showing off their wonderful insights.

Breaking Bad is a great, original TV show. It is brilliantly acted, has wonderful set pieces and a relentless breath taking plot that always leaves you trying to second guess the writing. There may be other shows people prefer, other shows with characters more richly drawn, other shows more technically accomplished…Well good for those shows, but that serves in no way to diminish the accomplishment of this staggeringly excellent series.

Also, if you have only watched Season 1 (incomplete due to writers’ strike) then you don’t deserve to comment…you know nothing!

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #3706 on: March 27, 2017, 05:36:01 pm »
Something that irks me about the analysis and commentary around Breaking Bad by some observers is the fact it appears obligatory to immediately compare it to ‘Series X’ and then say why it’s better or worse than said series. Of course, a frame of reference is useful and being able to compare to other shows can help to develop its standing in the pantheon of TV history. However, the danger with such comparisons is that the love of a really great show becomes intertwined with a pissing contest that distracts from its standalone qualities. “It’s not as good as…” just becomes a bit glib and appears to give people licence to slag off fantastic telly for the sake of showing off their wonderful insights.

Breaking Bad is a great, original TV show. It is brilliantly acted, has wonderful set pieces and a relentless breath taking plot that always leaves you trying to second guess the writing. There may be other shows people prefer, other shows with characters more richly drawn, other shows more technically accomplished…Well good for those shows, but that serves in no way to diminish the accomplishment of this staggeringly excellent series.

Also, if you have only watched Season 1 (incomplete due to writers’ strike) then you don’t deserve to comment…you know nothing!

There may be other shows people prefer, there may also be other shows that are intellectually or dramatically better.

However, I have never enjoyed a show more than Breaking Bad. Once you're into Season 4, the characters, the tension and the brilliant plotting just come together.

And in the last season two characters "collide" in a heart-breaking way I hadn't seen before in film or television.

The final episode is satisfying as well, doesn't leave your cursing, and sports at least two or three beautiful moments.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #3707 on: March 28, 2017, 12:39:48 pm »
Well said Fitzy. I know people have their opinions and prefer certain things but personally can't understand those who have seen the complete series and don't rate it as one of the best that has ever existed on TV. Maybe that's me.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3708 on: March 28, 2017, 03:48:38 pm »
The show went out at its highest ebb; for me that ranks it above any other I have seen (I haven't seen The Wire or The Sopranos in full, plus probably a few others which people would rank right up there). It comes down to great writing, not having too many episodes/seasons, and a clear plan even if I'm sure it did change at times (I read Jesse was supposed to die in the first season, but due to his popularity and the writer's strike they changed their mind. Love quirks like that).

Once you get past Jane in Season Two it's just a magnificent show. I'm not sure anything will ever beat it and there's definitely been a bit of snobbery about it since it finished even though everyone was bang into it by the end.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 03:50:21 pm by LallanaInPyjamas »

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3709 on: March 28, 2017, 03:52:19 pm »
Well said Fitzy. I know people have their opinions and prefer certain things but personally can't understand those who have seen the complete series and don't rate it as one of the best that has ever existed on TV. Maybe that's me.

I think the first few seasons, where it's more of a dark comedy, count against it for me personally. Once it changed into a serious show I think it got incredible. But that keeps it from that elite Deadwood/Shield/Sopranos tier and puts it just beneath.

Purely my opinion obviously.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3710 on: March 28, 2017, 04:41:26 pm »
I think the final series prevents it from being an all time classic. Thought it ended very poorly. Should have ended pretty much as soon as
Spoiler
Gus got got
[close]

I think the first few seasons, where it's more of a dark comedy, count against it for me personally. Once it changed into a serious show I think it got incredible. But that keeps it from that elite Deadwood/Shield/Sopranos tier and puts it just beneath.

Purely my opinion obviously.

See I think the opposite. Opinions eh ;D the first seasons are plausible and well thought out - the ending descends into ridiculousness.

Offline kopitenkw

• lemurphobic
  • Kopite
« Reply #3711 on: October 29, 2017, 10:02:57 pm »
I know it's a lot later than most, but I finally got to the end of Breaking Bad today, having watched the final five episodes this weekend. Overall I thought the series was excellent. I enjoyed the first three series, but I felt that in series four that the episodes had become a real drag and struggle to watch, with not much happening. If I wasn't so far through the show then I may have decided to stop watching it. My wife, who had already got to the end of series 5, told me to stick with it and that it got better again and she was right. Half way through series 5 it kicked back into gear again and got a lot more enjoyable to watch and the second half of series 5 was superb. I think that s5 ep14 was one of the best episodes of tv I have seen in a long time. The last episode did not disappoint and nicely tied up most of the story lines.

Now to read some reviews of Better Call Saul to decide if I will start watching this show now or not.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3712 on: October 30, 2017, 12:08:28 am »
I know it's a lot later than most, but I finally got to the end of Breaking Bad today, having watched the final five episodes this weekend. Overall I thought the series was excellent. I enjoyed the first three series, but I felt that in series four that the episodes had become a real drag and struggle to watch, with not much happening. If I wasn't so far through the show then I may have decided to stop watching it. My wife, who had already got to the end of series 5, told me to stick with it and that it got better again and she was right. Half way through series 5 it kicked back into gear again and got a lot more enjoyable to watch and the second half of series 5 was superb. I think that s5 ep14 was one of the best episodes of tv I have seen in a long time. The last episode did not disappoint and nicely tied up most of the story lines.

Now to read some reviews of Better Call Saul to decide if I will start watching this show now or not.
Get on BCS asap.

It's fantastic.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3713 on: October 30, 2017, 07:32:34 pm »

I wasn’t a huge fan of Breaking Bad. I enjoyed it but like yourself found parts dragged with little happening.

Better Call Saul however, I absolutely loved. Moves at a clip and the characters are more empathetic.

To be honest, I grew to hate every member of the White family as the seasons progressed in B.B.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #3714 on: January 21, 2018, 08:46:16 am »
First ever episode of breaking bad aired 20th Jan 2008

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #3715 on: January 21, 2018, 08:02:35 pm »
First ever episode of breaking bad aired 20th Jan 2008

Gosh.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3716 on: November 7, 2018, 12:50:03 pm »
A Breaking Bad movie? Why? Should be left as it was with the perfect ending.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3717 on: November 7, 2018, 02:00:29 pm »
I'm not opposed to this, given Gilligan's pedigree. The log line does make it sound like a Jesse story set right after the BrBa finale, but that could be a ruse.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #3718 on: November 7, 2018, 02:33:57 pm »
A Breaking Bad movie? Why? Should be left as it was with the perfect ending.

Yeah but TV show was perfect end to Walt's story.

We could see Jesse Pinkman's or something else.

Nothing will take away my love for the series, the most enjoyable TV show I have watched in my life so far.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #3719 on: November 8, 2018, 11:40:55 am »
Having seen what he did with Better Call Saul, I fully trust Gilligan to make a BB movie absolutely brilliant.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel