Author Topic: No Liverpool Lime Street trains 'for days' after wall collapse  (Read 5639 times)

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
Re: No Liverpool Lime Street trains 'for days' after wall collapse
« Reply #40 on: March 3, 2017, 09:45:41 pm »
Thanks lads and i am still not sure so i will probably see what happens when i get the train in the morning.Its no problem to get off at wigan if need be.My son will prob still get the train to huyton via earlestown unless he is advised differently.His other option was to get train to runcorn and bus it into the city.
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: March 4, 2017, 06:12:02 pm »
I'd check this nearer the time - they were running trains from Liverpool Central to Manchester this morning

As someone who works there, I can assure you no trains run to Manchester from Liverpool central. As people have mentioned, you'd need to get the service to Liverpool South Parkway then change
We are the Champions , Champions of Europe

Offline TheSpionKopNC

• Main Stander
  • Boom
« Reply #42 on: March 6, 2017, 07:54:52 pm »
Posted this in the tickets and travel FAQ on Feb 28th, but haven't had any bites....trying here to see if any experienced guys have any answers.......

What's it like catching a 16:30 kick off match and then catching a train back to London via Lime Street?

I see the latest train on the match day I'm attending leaves at 19:52 and/or 20:47.

Is that likely or unlikely.  Would have to book it back after match to hotel, pick up bags, and make it to train station.

Would that be feasible or would it be better to plan on staying the night?

Just checking for scheduling purposes.

Online quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #43 on: March 6, 2017, 08:32:03 pm »
Posted this in the tickets and travel FAQ on Feb 28th, but haven't had any bites....trying here to see if any experienced guys have any answers.......

What's it like catching a 16:30 kick off match and then catching a train back to London via Lime Street?

I see the latest train on the match day I'm attending leaves at 19:52 and/or 20:47.

Is that likely or unlikely.  Would have to book it back after match to hotel, pick up bags, and make it to train station.

Dead easy for the 20:47, and probably the 19:47. I've made it back for the 18:47 after a 16:30 KO (obviously straight from the ground to the station) so you'll have plenty of time. The trains will be very busy though so get in the queue early and/or book a seat.

Offline red annie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #44 on: March 6, 2017, 09:22:52 pm »

You would have to leave before the final whistle to catch 18.47.

We walk to Lime street quite often, takes just over an hour, so the 19.47 should not be a problem.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: March 6, 2017, 10:05:44 pm »
They've started putting direct services that aren't listed on Sunday evenings now.

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
« Reply #46 on: March 6, 2017, 10:53:30 pm »
I just wanted to thank everyone who gave me some info regarding getting into the city on saturday it was much appreciated.I ended up going from edinburgh to wigan north western and changing there for the train to huyton.I then got a bus from huyton into lime street eventually getting there about 1.45pm.My son got the train from chester to birkenhead then a bus from birkenhead to lime street arriving there about 11am :no We both had a great day and the result topped it all off.So thanks again troops.
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

Offline TheSpionKopNC

• Main Stander
  • Boom
« Reply #47 on: March 7, 2017, 12:50:02 pm »
Dead easy for the 20:47, and probably the 19:47. I've made it back for the 18:47 after a 16:30 KO (obviously straight from the ground to the station) so you'll have plenty of time. The trains will be very busy though so get in the queue early and/or book a seat.

You would have to leave before the final whistle to catch 18.47.

We walk to Lime street quite often, takes just over an hour, so the 19.47 should not be a problem.

Thanks!   :thumbup