Author Topic: Confiscated members cards  (Read 36558 times)

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Confiscated members cards
« Reply #120 on: January 26, 2017, 11:51:32 am »
Don't agree with the above. If you help someone with a spare for say Man U/Everton etc it's polite to buy them a drink or whatever. I always round it up if someone helps me out for a hard to get game.

A game where spares are plentiful, you are doing the favour by taking the tickets. Someone on here took 3 spares off me for Stoke home league match last season and offered to buy me a programme/beer but I insisted on giving him his change as he was helping me out more by taking them.

Someone not on rawk helped me out with his 2 for Goodison as him and his missus couldn't go as they were away in Canada. Gave him about £20 worth of Canadian dollars on top so they could get a couple of drinks each in whatever sports bar they watched it in over there. He didn't ask for that to be fair, but I was either watching in the Twelfth Man or paying £150+ without him. He also had loads of people who would have wanted those tickets, but he gave them to me. So there was no way I wasn't going to sort them both a decent drink or 2 for that. No way was I going to count out bang on £61 for him!

RAWK guidelines even say about a polite gesture (programme or pint) as acceptable.

Each to their own, I generally round up for big tickets and most people I help out do the same. A lot of people I deal with, we do  a lot of swaps so we just pay the money bang on. But for more occasional/one off exchanges I don't think a pint or programme is unreasonable

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: January 26, 2017, 11:54:24 am »
Don't agree with the above. If you help someone with a spare for say Man U/Everton etc it's polite to buy them a drink or whatever. I always round it up if someone helps me out for a hard to get game.

A game where spares are plentiful, you are doing the favour by taking the tickets. Someone on here took 3 spares off me for Stoke home league match last season and offered to buy me a programme/beer but I insisted on giving him his change as he was helping me out more by taking them.

Someone not on rawk helped me out with his 2 for Goodison as him and his missus couldn't go as they were away in Canada. Gave him about £20 worth of Canadian dollars on top so they could get a couple of drinks each in whatever sports bar they watched it in over there. He didn't ask for that to be fair, but I was either watching in the Twelfth Man or paying £150+ without him. He also had loads of people who would have wanted those tickets, but he gave them to me. So there was no way I wasn't going to sort them both a decent drink or 2 for that. No way was I going to count out bang on £61 for him!

RAWK guidelines even say about a polite gesture (programme or pint) as acceptable.

Each to their own, I generally round up for big tickets and most people I help out do the same. A lot of people I deal with, we do  a lot of swaps so we just pay the money bang on. But for more occasional/one off exchanges I don't think a pint or programme is unreasonable

Totally agree with you mate. My mate sorted me for the derby and I obviously threw him extra for it for being sound.

I am talking about where people make money from it regularly.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: January 26, 2017, 11:55:17 am »
Just re read your post Paul, I think you mean people who do 50+ tickets a game at £5-10 over what they pay, which then adds up to a fair bit. I agree with your point there

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: January 26, 2017, 11:58:40 am »
Just re read your post Paul, I think you mean people who do 50+ tickets a game at £5-10 over what they pay, which then adds up to a fair bit. I agree with your point there

Yes mate exactly what I mean  :)

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #124 on: January 26, 2017, 11:59:28 am »
I give an extra 5 quid anyway as it's basically a drink inside the ground for them anyway.
"I told my players during the break: Since we're here anyway, we might actually play a bit of football." - Jurgen Klopp

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #125 on: January 26, 2017, 12:29:23 pm »
I give an extra 5 quid anyway as it's basically a drink inside the ground for them anyway.

If you offer, it's a nice gesture. If it is asked for, it is a whole other ball game and would mean an exchange ban.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: January 26, 2017, 12:48:16 pm »
If you offer, it's a nice gesture. If it is asked for, it is a whole other ball game and would mean an exchange ban.
Equally, it's any individual's choice as to who they deal with. Some people think it should always be bang on what was paid regardless of game. If I had a Wembley or Man U spare or whatever and I had gone to the effort to go and meet someone or spent half an hour at lunch in a post office queue to send them the card/ticket and they didn't round up for a drink I wouldn't deal with them again. That's what I do when it's the other way round and I deal with like minded people. It basically evens out anyway.

I just can't stand people who think the World owes them something and want to be tight. People who only fancy big games or only fancy it when we are doing well and think people should run round after them and get them a ticket with not even an offer of a drink as thanks.

The point Paul makes about people with stacks of cards doing it is a valid one, but people who don't want to offer a polite gesture/thanks when someone has gone out of their way to do them a favour equally annoy me.

This argument goes both ways. Had someone tell me they were going to Basel with £70 and they weren't paying any more. £64 category 3 tickets plus special delivery charge adds up to just over £70. Wouldn't even buy someone a drink if they sorted you a Europa Final at face? That is just tight, and I don't like tight people.

People who moan about touts yet show no interest in the Europa League until Man U/Dortmund also boil my piss. Go the earlier games and you would have had a ticket. This deluded sense of entitlement some people have for big games when they could have qualified easily themselves if they weren't big game charlies is just ridiculous.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 12:50:29 pm by Tiger Tony »

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #127 on: January 26, 2017, 01:01:58 pm »
Can't really see the difference between giving someone a few quid extra if it's the only ticket they are passing on and giving it to someone who is passing on 5, 10 or 20 tickets. You're still showing the appreciation for someone getting you a ticket that you wouldn't have been able to obtain through your own efforts or just couldn't be arsed. They've still had to put the effort in to get you that ticket.

If they've also helped out other people and got a few quid off each one then that's neither here nor there.

Yes it's probably touting and it's definitely helping credit hunters but it also helps people get to the games when the club doesn't seem to do much to help people.
Legacy fan

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: January 26, 2017, 01:25:23 pm »
There's a difference in giving/offering someone an extra £5 for sorting you than there is for someone asking you for an extra £5.
I use a couple of lads cards off here and they use mine. Face value every time. Anyone I get tickets for is face value. I pay postage to get the cards to them. They pay postage to get the cards to me or vice versa.
If I was sorting someone at a game and offered me a beer, happy days. If they don't, no big deal.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #129 on: January 26, 2017, 01:27:32 pm »
There's a difference in giving/offering someone an extra £5 for sorting you than there is for someone asking you for an extra £5.
I use a couple of lads cards off here and they use mine. Face value every time. Anyone I get tickets for is face value. I pay postage to get the cards to them. They pay postage to get the cards to me or vice versa.
If I was sorting someone at a game and offered me a beer, happy days. If they don't, no big deal.

:wave

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #130 on: January 26, 2017, 01:40:51 pm »

Maybe they ask because they're fed up with people who don't offer and people who think that someone's time and efforts are worth nothing? Same people would probably pay a transaction fee on a website without even thinking about it.

Not really trying to defend it, just don't think it's always as bad as it's made out to be.

Charging way over the odds is definitely out of order, I think a fiver is about the limit.

I've only ever asked face value or less for the odd ticket I've passed on as well by the way.
Legacy fan

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: January 26, 2017, 01:43:11 pm »
Would people be happy to always post FV and seat details as a requirement for exchange posts?

Then if someone asks for more than was stated on the post we can check up on it.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: January 26, 2017, 01:46:20 pm »
Would people be happy to always post FV and seat details as a requirement for exchange posts?

Then if someone asks for more than was stated on the post we can check up on it.

A very good idea that.

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: January 26, 2017, 02:04:43 pm »
Maybe they ask because they're fed up with people who don't offer and people who think that someone's time and efforts are worth nothing? Same people would probably pay a transaction fee on a website without even thinking about it.

Not really trying to defend it, just don't think it's always as bad as it's made out to be.

Charging way over the odds is definitely out of order, I think a fiver is about the limit.

I've only ever asked face value or less for the odd ticket I've passed on as well by the way.
Fair enough dbd.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 03:02:35 pm by Giovanni »
cyas

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: January 26, 2017, 02:06:38 pm »

Most people do that anyway, or say the block. Easy enough to check on seatmap anyway. Highly doubt people are going to systematically post spares and deliberately try to add £2 or £3 or whatever
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 02:08:37 pm by Tiger Tony »

Offline Brunswickred

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #135 on: January 26, 2017, 02:12:05 pm »
There is a world of difference between giving someone your one or two cards/tickets and them offering to buy you a pint/round it up & the lads who 'help loads of good reds out' by adding £5 to god knows how many tickets per game. The fact that some can't see the difference is staggering. These lads aren't just doing it out the goodness of their hearts you know.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #136 on: January 26, 2017, 02:17:59 pm »
There is a world of difference between giving someone your one or two cards/tickets and them offering to buy you a pint/round it up & the lads who 'help loads of good reds out' by adding £5 to god knows how many tickets per game. The fact that some can't see the difference is staggering. These lads aren't just doing it out the goodness of their hearts you know.

If you're referring to me then I don't think I said that.

If you think it's right to add the cost of a pint/programme to the cost of a ticket why does it depend on who you're getting the ticket off?
Legacy fan

Offline Brunswickred

• Main Stander
« Reply #137 on: January 26, 2017, 02:24:51 pm »
If you're referring to me then I don't think I said that.

If you think it's right to add the cost of a pint/programme to the cost of a ticket why does it depend on who you're getting the ticket off?

It's right to sort someone a pint or whatever for sorting them with your ticket.

It's not right for lads who have 20+ cards with 19 homes on them to be adding a fiver onto everyone of those cards for every game.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #138 on: January 26, 2017, 02:26:40 pm »
It's right to sort someone a pint or whatever for sorting them with your ticket.

It's not right for lads who have 20+ cards with 19 homes on them to be adding a fiver onto everyone of those cards for every game.

Definitely agree with that bit and the club could sort that out if it had a mind to but it doesn't.
Legacy fan

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: January 26, 2017, 02:37:25 pm »
Never expect anything more than just the ticket money if someone takes a spare of me, if they offer a pint as an alcoholic I'll always except one but wouldn't add anything to ticket

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #140 on: January 26, 2017, 02:48:18 pm »
I think naming anyone in this thread is well out of order as well. Nobody is talking about anyone specific, just about the principles involved
Legacy fan

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #141 on: January 26, 2017, 02:48:56 pm »

Would that not give the club a chance to potentially identify seats that are not being used by the cardholder it was sold to? They must surely look at all the LFC related websites.

Offline Joff123

• Anny Roader
  • They say our days our numbered
    • Twitter
« Reply #142 on: January 26, 2017, 02:49:34 pm »
Got asked on the way into the Kop last night if I had any proof of my seat details. First time it's ever happened

I don't even get the texts to my phone anymore? So would have nothing to show them if i didn't have my drivers license.

There's people on twitter who always ask for spares for their family or mate and his son for their first game or something.. guilt trip then slap an extra 5/10, do that 20 times and you've got £100 easy.

People make out it is for a good cause then go make a profit. And apparently their 'top reds'..

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: January 26, 2017, 03:35:02 pm »
At the Palace match there was a load of trouble as someone was sat in the wrong seats and a family couldn't get to their seats.  The stewards made a right mess of it by asking every group in the row to proof their seats.  I had a members card with an ACS but also had my phone with the details.

Some guys with season tickets showed their cards and the stewards got stroppy saying that doesn't proof anything as its a cup game.  What else are they supposed to bring.  It was all a bit weird as eventually 25 mins into the game someone moved from the row in front. 

The stewards didn't seem to have a clue what the layout of the ground was, and caused a whole load of unnecessary fuss.  Perhaps, this was a some sort of diversion to check peoples cards.

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #144 on: January 26, 2017, 04:04:46 pm »

100% agree, if there is a ticket worth £20, and someone said 30, I would expect special delivery with that. They're doing me a favour and they're making what, £4? If it's someone who just has the one ticket I don't see any problem with charging a little over, because at the end of the day they've gone to the effort and time to help you out. It's when people with 20+ cards do it, that's when it's out of order.
"I told my players during the break: Since we're here anyway, we might actually play a bit of football." - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: January 26, 2017, 04:37:46 pm »
Probably one of the most pertinent posts in this thread.

I was appalled by the club turfing a father and 3 children out 10 minutes before the end against Arsenal last season. They need to accept that they are a big part of the problem. Members sales taking place up to 6 months in advance, games being moved for tv at short notice, the ticket office not being bothered to answer the phone if members want to return tickets to the club at a discount.

It's a month after Christmas, money is tight, we're not playing well and have four home games in 11 days. Every time someone reports touting to the club all they see is how much people are prepared to pay for a ticket & adjust their packages accordingly.

You have to buy your tickets, weeks, sometimes months in advance, and at the drop of a hat, the game is moved for TV, very often quite late on, as well.

If you work shift or an unusual work pattern, you're screwed, and although unusual circumstances, four home games back to back is going to put financial strain on most of us.

There's a group of 8-9 of us go the match regularly.   We have 4 seasies, and three fancards between us, so any given week, the people who go (depending on work shifts) will change.

Even if it's the same people going, sometimes we'll swap seats with each other, depending on who wants to sit with who, that particular week.

And that's not even getting into, if one of the lads wants to use one of the tickets, to take his kid occasionally.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 04:43:08 pm by Big Red Richie »

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #146 on: January 26, 2017, 04:46:18 pm »

Someone not on rawk helped me out with his 2 for Goodison as him and his missus couldn't go as they were away in Canada. Gave him about £20 worth of Canadian dollars on top so they could get a couple of drinks each in whatever sports bar they watched it in over there. He didn't ask for that to be fair, but I was either watching in the Twelfth Man or paying £150+ without him. He also had loads of people who would have wanted those tickets, but he gave them to me. So there was no way I wasn't going to sort them both a decent drink or 2 for that. No way was I going to count out bang on £61 for him
Can't have been  a real supporter if he was missing the derby but I reckon those drinks bought with the Canadian dollars went down well !  ;)

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #147 on: January 26, 2017, 05:08:15 pm »
I only expect FV plus the now oligatory booking fee if I am passing on a spare.  No more. Equally mostly I have just been paid that, but a couple of times have been given up to £5 on top for a drink. Def don't expect it though.
Let's face it, it's not like people are losing the credit so there are usually benefits both ways  :-\
We are a team of one half.

Offline cmccarthy81

• Anny Roader
  • c'mon no.19
« Reply #148 on: January 26, 2017, 05:32:08 pm »
Probably one of the most pertinent posts in this thread.

You have to buy your tickets, weeks, sometimes months in advance, and at the drop of a hat, the game is moved for TV, very often quite late on, as well.

If you work shift or an unusual work pattern, you're screwed, and although unusual circumstances, four home games back to back is going to put financial strain on most of us.

There's a group of 8-9 of us go the match regularly.   We have 4 seasies, and three fancards between us, so any given week, the people who go (depending on work shifts) will change.

Even if it's the same people going, sometimes we'll swap seats with each other, depending on who wants to sit with who, that particular week.

And that's not even getting into, if one of the lads wants to use one of the tickets, to take his kid occasionally.

Good post. Same as.

Perhaps allow all linked memberships thru on any card, and +1 name per membership? That would cover most bases, there will still be the odd time an outside friend would borrow the card, but it would go a long way to sorting most of your scenarios above.

I don't really know why I'm thinking of solutions as the club won't make any inroads, but it's the scattergun approach the club has taken so far. They have to sort out any ambiguity, have some dialogue with fans/groups, and set something in stone.

The frustration here is the ambiguity of card checks, member/seasie discrepancy about reassigning tkts, the returns cut off, etc.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 05:35:11 pm by cmccarthy81 »

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: January 26, 2017, 09:06:38 pm »
Would that not give the club a chance to potentially identify seats that are not being used by the cardholder it was sold to? They must surely look at all the LFC related websites.

As Tony said afterwards it can just be a block and a price, they're easily checked.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #150 on: January 26, 2017, 11:02:11 pm »
Absolutely disgusting from the club. Things like this make me think why we all bother. Its absolutely scandalous.

Good luck lads, I hope common sense prevails for both of you
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: January 27, 2017, 09:40:02 am »
I think people have misunderstood the £5 extra problem

I suppose if you know about the people that do this every game you'll know what we mean

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: January 27, 2017, 09:45:42 am »
I think people have misunderstood the £5 extra problem

I suppose if you know about the people that do this every game you'll know what we mean
I get what you mean. Some others don't get me. I'm not saying you should always buy someone a drink. But if someone sorts you a very hard to get/high demand ticket such as Dortmund/Man U/Everton/Wembley etc the least you can do is get a beer in for them, in my opinion.

Each to their own. I generally tip in restaurants and my local/matchday pubs, others don't. Some people are tight, others aren't

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #153 on: January 27, 2017, 10:50:23 am »
I'll always round it up.to the nearest 5 or 0.  Just a way of thanking people.

I sold a ticket last year to a friend of a friend. It was £35.90 and he gave me £36 and then asked me for the 10p change. I was gobsmacked. I gave him the £6 back and said keep it if he was that bothered. Not even a thank you either.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #154 on: January 27, 2017, 10:56:45 am »

I sold a ticket last year to a friend of a friend. It was £35.90 and he gave me £36 and then asked me for the 10p change. I was gobsmacked. I gave him the £6 back and said keep it if he was that bothered. Not even a thank you either.
That is shocking mate, what a twat  :no
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: January 27, 2017, 11:03:03 am »

What a prize tit. I would have given him £36 back and give the ticket to someone else

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #156 on: January 27, 2017, 10:25:20 pm »
Face value means face value.

If you're selling your ticket to someone, then you get what you spent on it. If you get more, you're a tout.

If you're selling more than one ticket, then you get what was spent on them. If you get more, you're a tout.

There's no "fine line". If you ask for a penny more than the ticket is worth, you're a tout c*nt.

If someone offers you a beer, accept it if you're thirsty. Your "credit" is the reward.

Can't believe people on here justifying touting.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #157 on: January 27, 2017, 10:42:40 pm »
Face value means face value.

If you're selling your ticket to someone, then you get what you spent on it. If you get more, you're a tout.

If you're selling more than one ticket, then you get what was spent on them. If you get more, you're a tout.

There's no "fine line". If you ask for a penny more than the ticket is worth, you're a tout c*nt.

If someone offers you a beer, accept it if you're thirsty. Your "credit" is the reward.

Can't believe people on here justifying touting.

Sorry, but this is one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever seen on here.

I can only think that what you've said and what you actually meant, have got a little mixed up here.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #158 on: January 27, 2017, 10:55:59 pm »
That if someone charges more for a ticket than what it's worth, it's touting?

However, a gesture such as a beer is OK.

You shouldn't ask for more cash for the "favour" - the reward for your "hard graft" in buying the ticket in the first place is keeping the credit/loyalty.

(also, charge for postage if postage was paid, that's fine too)
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #159 on: January 27, 2017, 11:23:27 pm »
No. What you said was "if you get more, you're a tout". That suggests that if the buyer rounds it up, then you should refuse, or send them a refund?

"If you ask for a penny more than the ticket is worth, you're a tout c*nt". When the booking fee was 90p, I wouldn't say to someone that the cost was £46.90, I would just say it was £47. Also, I will only ever send tickets by Special Delivery, which is £6.45. I just say it's £7 for SD postage. I'm using my own envelopes, paper and sellotape, and in most cases, I'm spending 25 minutes of my lunch hour going to the post office and back. Hardly think that qualifies as being as tout?