Author Topic: Southampton vs Liverpool EFL cup 1st Leg 11/1/17  (Read 18889 times)

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönċld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
Re: Southampton vs Liverpool EFL cup 1st Leg 11/1/17
« Reply #120 on: January 5, 2017, 02:56:02 pm »
£12.50 the cheapest you can buy if it goes to all ST tomorrow.

Any ST that buys for the credit with no intention of going is that right or wrong? Considering it gets you on the ladder for next season and beyond... worth the punt isn't it!?

Of cause it's wrong but I can still understand that people are gonna do it.
I'm sure that most of the tickets sold later today will probably not be used by the STH that buys it.
« Last Edit: January 5, 2017, 03:09:08 pm by kalle-anka »

Offline matt_lfc

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: January 5, 2017, 02:57:20 pm »
Why would you do that when you could buy an adult, get your money back and not leave a spare seat in our end for a semi final?

By time the ticket comes in the post it'll be to late to do anything with it in terms of passing it on.

(Not meaning me btw, i qualified first sale and am not a season ticket or member just a fan card holder)

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #122 on: January 5, 2017, 04:08:57 pm »
Makes me nervous they haven't gone further back- maybe with the time left till the game?

I got on the FA Cup ladder at West Ham but obviously if we don't get a big away end in the next 3/4 seasons they could just go all seasies again rather than use West Ham.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönċld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #123 on: January 5, 2017, 04:51:59 pm »
Makes me nervous they haven't gone further back- maybe with the time left till the game?

I got on the FA Cup ladder at West Ham but obviously if we don't get a big away end in the next 3/4 seasons they could just go all seasies again rather than use West Ham.

Most people with Chelsea from 2015 have surly had a chance to get a ticket for this match at some point?
They can't keep going back forever, for two reasons.
Firstly most people have already had a chance as mentioned above and secondly if they keep going back 5-10 years it will always be a closed shop.

For members that got the chance at West Ham last season that was down to fact that they didn't go further back.
Sometimes you gain from it other times you don't.
« Last Edit: January 5, 2017, 06:06:32 pm by kalle-anka »

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #124 on: January 5, 2017, 05:54:55 pm »
Most people with Chelsea from 2015 have surly had a chance to get a ticket for this match at some point?
They can't keep going back forever, for two reasons.
Firstly most people have already had a chance as mentioned above and secondly if they keep going back 5-10 years it will always be a closed shop.

To members, it pretty much is a closed shop!

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: January 5, 2017, 06:01:12 pm »
By time the ticket comes in the post it'll be to late to do anything with it in terms of passing it on.

(Not meaning me btw, i qualified first sale and am not a season ticket or member just a fan card holder)
No it won't. One simply phones up the ticket office, tells them their ticket hasn't arrived and arranges for the buyer to collect a duplicate at St. Marys. Jobs a goodun.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönċld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #126 on: January 5, 2017, 06:08:11 pm »
To members, it pretty much is a closed shop!

Yeah I know but if they would have gone any further back at all times members would never get the chance ever again.

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: January 5, 2017, 06:17:35 pm »
It's worth remembering when games used to go to all members in this competition the away allocation rule was 15%, that's since been slashed to 10% a couple of years ago so ofcourse it's going to shut people w/o credits out.

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #128 on: January 5, 2017, 06:25:55 pm »
Yeah I know but if they would have gone any further back at all times members would never get the chance ever again.

I competely agree with you on that, you cant keep on going back too far!

I couldn't afford to travel every away game so it doesn't bother me to go on the ladder but I'd like just a few tickets to be offered to STH/members

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #129 on: January 5, 2017, 06:26:59 pm »
For members that got the chance at West Ham last season that was down to fact that they didn't go further back.
Sometimes you gain from it other times you don't.

Fair comment mate hadn't considered that angle.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #130 on: January 6, 2017, 12:27:24 am »
Not that surprised that it's gone (or will go) to all STH, but still doesn't stop me feeling pretty upset that once again, members don't get any chance.

Like someone has said further up, surely members with 19 should at least be considered alongside STH for a scenario like this?

And also, I know the club never does it like this etc etc etc but why not introduce League Cup homes into the equation here?

I've got all 19 PL home games so put the same amount of cash that STH do (more, in fact) into the club, been to every LC home for years and yet I still don't get a chance of even a sniff at one of these tickets - which in theory could by bought by a STH that hasn't been to any LC home games in years!

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: January 6, 2017, 12:44:05 am »
Not that surprised that it's gone (or will go) to all STH, but still doesn't stop me feeling pretty upset that once again, members don't get any chance.

Like someone has said further up, surely members with 19 should at least be considered alongside STH for a scenario like this?

And also, I know the club never does it like this etc etc etc but why not introduce League Cup homes into the equation here?

I've got all 19 PL home games so put the same amount of cash that STH do (more, in fact) into the club, been to every LC home for years and yet I still don't get a chance of even a sniff at one of these tickets - which in theory could by bought by a STH that hasn't been to any LC home games in years!

Sadly they are not arsed.  I have 19 home credits and fortunately credits for the League Cup and FA Cup aways but don't get a shout at League aways.  Getting to League aways is a nightmare.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: January 6, 2017, 12:49:18 am »
As of 30 seconds ago, 90 tickets up for grabs!
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #133 on: January 6, 2017, 01:34:12 am »
Sadly they are not arsed.  I have 19 home credits and fortunately credits for the League Cup and FA Cup aways but don't get a shout at League aways.  Getting to League aways is a nightmare.

Yep, don't I know it!

Long since given up on ever getting on the away league ladder - but in rare situations like this when away Cup tickets come up to people without 'previous', and members with 19 aren't even considered... makes it even more frustrating!

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #134 on: January 6, 2017, 09:09:05 am »
I'm not a STH, but league games should not come into this. At the end of the day it's a different competition. I think they should go back to homes recorded in the last 2 seasons. All from Carlisle to Leeds, if you've recorded all of them as a STH then you should get priority and then down to members with the same and so on. But can see why it's just gone down to just STH and with any hope it'll drop to members with some sort of previous history.
"I told my players during the break: Since we're here anyway, we might actually play a bit of football." - Jurgen Klopp

Offline matt_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #135 on: January 6, 2017, 09:18:25 am »
Also there's 30,000+ ST holders and 100,000+ members.

With 90 tickets left they already know it will be oversubscribed by just going to ST.

130,000+ people for 90 tickets...

Online apassant77

• Kopite
« Reply #136 on: January 6, 2017, 09:25:29 am »
Aways should always go on away loyalty.
I can see why members with 19 get frustrated but ST holders always had priority so the club don't need to change anything. I'm sure a ST holder for 20 years would be a bit miffed if a member with 19 thats only been going 3 or 4 years got equal rights to them.
Unfortunately I think both sides of the argument are valid but if it means more work for the TO then it's not changing anytime soon.

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #137 on: January 6, 2017, 09:31:14 am »
Aways should always go on away loyalty.
I can see why members with 19 get frustrated but ST holders always had priority so the club don't need to change anything. I'm sure a ST holder for 20 years would be a bit miffed if a member with 19 thats only been going 3 or 4 years got equal rights to them.
Unfortunately I think both sides of the argument are valid but if it means more work for the TO then it's not changing anytime soon.

But a season ticket holder for 20+ years would have had loads of opportunities to get on all the away ladders. I think the club need to do collection only at the away ground for sales that go to season ticket holder or members. Needs to be that person who collects it as well

Offline matt_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #138 on: January 6, 2017, 09:34:50 am »
But a season ticket holder for 20+ years would have had loads of opportunities to get on all the away ladders. I think the club need to do collection only at the away ground for sales that go to season ticket holder or members. Needs to be that person who collects it as well

And everyone can get to Southampton on a Wednesday night in January at a few days notice!?

Travel/trains/hotel/work etc...

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: January 6, 2017, 09:39:54 am »
And everyone can get to Southampton on a Wednesday night in January at a few days notice!?

Travel/trains/hotel/work etc...

If you can't make the game then you shouldn't want to buy a ticket - what's the problem?

Online apassant77

• Kopite
« Reply #140 on: January 6, 2017, 09:44:07 am »
Everyone has their own opinion on what should be done for aways. If they bring in collection at the away grounds should it be for every single game rather than just those that sell out to ST /members as some of those with high away credits don't necessarily go to every game themselves due to whatever circumstances. It's going to annoy somebody whichever way if a new system is brought in.

Offline matt_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #141 on: January 6, 2017, 09:45:35 am »
It's a chance to get on the ladder which if i was a ST id take rightly or wrongly.

I took my chance in 2011 with Stoke away, which got me Chelsea which got me Man City which got me Wembley and never looked back since.

And am a fan card holder, nobody wanted to go to Stoke in 2011.

Offline matt_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #142 on: January 6, 2017, 09:50:17 am »
It's not just about this game its about the opportunities it opens up next season and beyond by getting the credit.

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #143 on: January 6, 2017, 09:50:44 am »
So, placing bets for the site to crash at 3pm today - 2/1
"I told my players during the break: Since we're here anyway, we might actually play a bit of football." - Jurgen Klopp

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #144 on: January 6, 2017, 09:58:16 am »
Everyone has their own opinion on what should be done for aways.

Which funnily enough always means they should get a ticket!

Offline matt_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #145 on: January 6, 2017, 10:00:26 am »
Which funnily enough always means they should get a ticket!

That's the point am trying to make too!

Online apassant77

• Kopite
« Reply #146 on: January 6, 2017, 10:30:27 am »
I have loyalty for League Cup aways but nothing for League or FA Cup.
I'm happy to go along with what the masses want if it can reduce the number of touted or corporate tickets.
Other than that I will just accept what the club put in place and make the best I can of it.

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #147 on: January 6, 2017, 10:44:47 am »
On the fa cup away ladder from West Ham like Hij said earlier, so it's just a matter of being patient for league cup and league aways, an opportunity will come about in next 5 years.

Offline Joff123

• Anny Roader
  • They say our days our numbered
    • Twitter
« Reply #148 on: January 6, 2017, 11:14:54 am »
Why would you do that when you could buy an adult, get your money back and not leave a spare seat in our end for a semi final?

Bang on. 'taking a punt' when we have a final place at stake?

Offline matt_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #149 on: January 6, 2017, 11:24:00 am »
Bang on. 'taking a punt' when we have a final place at stake?

More for getting on the league cup away ladder.

Offline Albert Shears

• Main Stander
  • Rafa Loyalist
« Reply #150 on: January 6, 2017, 12:10:15 pm »
Remember last year being surprised at how few ST holders didnt take up the offer of getting on the ladder for west ham, whether that was because there was more fa cup games last season that gave seasons ticket holders the chance. Whilst i dont think this will drop any lower this time, i'm sure members will get a shot within 3 seasons. CL and FA cup both have in the last 3...it will happen eventually for members. Just keep checking.

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #151 on: January 6, 2017, 12:55:07 pm »
Mate bought his away ticket for £160, that is mental what people are charging for this game!

Offline ripsaw19

• Kopite
« Reply #152 on: January 6, 2017, 12:57:38 pm »
Mate bought his away ticket for £160, that is mental what people are charging for this game!

If I can't get a ticket for games through official channels, I use this place. If I fail with that, I don't bother... People get exploited left, right and centre for match tickets and I'd rather not go to a game than line the pockets of touts
ST Waiting List Position - 1556

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #153 on: January 6, 2017, 12:59:02 pm »
If I can't get a ticket for games through official channels, I use this place. If I fail with that, I don't bother... People get exploited left, right and centre for match tickets and I'd rather not go to a game than line the pockets of touts

Same with me, managed to pick up 1 off this website and 2 off a mate, cost me £75 in total, but that included postage as well. Can't believe he paid 160 though, am in shock

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #154 on: January 6, 2017, 03:01:30 pm »
6 minute wait if anyone needs help PM me quick

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: January 6, 2017, 03:03:52 pm »
kicked me out :(
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline anfieldash

• Kopite
« Reply #156 on: January 6, 2017, 03:04:59 pm »
Got in, got 2, hallelujiah!

Offline Paullfc95