Author Topic: The Taxibus taxi share thing to Anfield  (Read 5585 times)

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
The Taxibus taxi share thing to Anfield
« on: March 3, 2016, 08:13:25 pm »
For night games I usually get the TaxiOne Taxibus thing from St Johns lane where you get in with loads of others and always pay £2. Always find it goes a bit quicker than the bus.

It wasn't operating for the Man City game last night on Wednesday 02/03. Anyone know why? Has it stopped or something? Was early so got the bus but could do with knowing for future night games.

Ta.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
Re: The Taxibus taxi share thing to Anfield
« Reply #1 on: March 3, 2016, 10:02:51 pm »
I think it was going from the taxi rank at Lime Street just up from the Crown - a lad was handing out leaflets.

Soccerbus was also moved to just round the corner from the Holiday Inn, is that for good, a midweek thing or just until the bus station reopens?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline coct3au

• twins with arsefinger
  • Kopite
« Reply #2 on: March 8, 2016, 11:20:34 am »
I think it was going from the taxi rank at Lime Street just up from the Crown - a lad was handing out leaflets.

Soccerbus was also moved to just round the corner from the Holiday Inn, is that for good, a midweek thing or just until the bus station reopens?

AFAIK it's all temporary while the work is going on, and will be back to normal again afterwards (both the buses and the 'SoccerTaxis').

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 10:08:17 am »
Got the taxibus thing on Thursday. Had to search around for it but it was outside the cenotaph in front of St George's Hall where the bus stop is. Said it will be for around 5 weeks - I think they got shifted because everything else got shifted. Just temporary.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: September 3, 2016, 09:45:07 am »
What does anyone reckon this will be like?

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/stadium-expansion/233824-10-days-to-go-sturridge-and-origi-launch-express-anfield-bus-service

Reckon that SoccerTaxiBus thing will still be operational? Hope so as I reckon it will get there quicker still if same price.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: September 3, 2016, 10:13:28 am »
That 917 service has been running for years, and I'm not sure how it's any different from what its always been.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: September 3, 2016, 10:55:54 am »
That 917 service has been running for years, and I'm not sure how it's any different from what its always been.

I know the 17 (or was that 27 - something 7) did the route and I think you're right the 917 isn't new?

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #7 on: September 3, 2016, 12:25:19 pm »
I know the 17 (or was that 27 - something 7) did the route and I think you're right the 917 isn't new?

Aye, the 917 has been running for a good while now. Not sure why they said it is a new service.

Hope the TaxiBus share thing carries on - really useful and a fair bit of legroom for us taller folk :)

The No. 17 bus is just around the corner - Stand 6 of the Queen Square Bus Station, and the No. 27 is decent from Stand 4 at the L1 Bus Station - both run every few minutes - http://www.liverpoolfc.com/fans/fan-experience/getting-to-anfield & http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travel-updates/Pages/Getting-To-Anfield.aspx.

Hopefully there'll be a few more buses put on now there's an extra 8,000+ of us travelling - never seemed to be enough of them just before kick-off or after the match - and that was before the new Main Stand was completed. Some more taxi ranks would be good too :)
« Last Edit: September 4, 2016, 12:53:10 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: September 3, 2016, 12:50:14 pm »
Still not enough really, my dad used to go the match in the 1960s and they had a soccer bus going back to Hunts Cross, Speke and Garston. Whereas nowadays if it's a Sunday or evening game it's one bus an hour from Queens Drive, which if it's an 8pm kick off means I'm not home until midnight.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: September 3, 2016, 06:56:22 pm »
Hopefully there'll be a few more buses put on now there's an extra 8,000 of us travelling - never seemed to be enough just before or after kick-off before the new Main Stand was  done. Some more taxi ranks would be good too :)

A taxi rank with a queuing system down off Scotland Road would be useful, save the hassle of dozens of groups all competing to run in front of the next cab with its light on coming up the hill.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: September 3, 2016, 07:25:44 pm »

The 17 and the 27 run all the time though, maybe the 917 is just matchdays?

Still not enough really, my dad used to go the match in the 1960s and they had a soccer bus going back to Hunts Cross, Speke and Garston. Whereas nowadays if it's a Sunday or evening game it's one bus an hour from Queens Drive, which if it's an 8pm kick off means I'm not home until midnight.

Used to walk along the route of the 27 from Sefton Park up to the ground, was usually across Kenny before I saw one of them. And they are supposed to be every 10 minutes or so. Obviously, once that close to the ground, they are packed and don't stop anymore.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: September 3, 2016, 07:58:53 pm »
Wouldn't worry about the extra 8500 fans - It's around 3500 in the middle corporate tier isn't it? They won't be competing for a taxi!

Getting a taxi after the game along Everton Valley can be 1 second or an absolute shambles of blerts running down the road ahead of you.

Loads go back to Lime Street - be decent to have some dedicated ones for that from a known location and then singles/couples can share - like they do on the way - costs less for fans - taxi makes more money. (I know that soccer taxi does returns but you'd not make the time without leaving early).

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: September 7, 2016, 11:32:53 am »
http://assets.lfcimages.com/uploads/5138__0985__stadium_transport_access_map-201617_final.pdf

Looks like a few taxi ranks are being put in on Walton Breck Road and Arkles Lane - were these nominally there before? Be interesting to see whether it works if they've put an in-and-out system in for cabs.

Offline andy84

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We're on the march with Jurgen's army
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2016, 04:03:02 pm »
Did anyone find the new taxi ranks or direct bus scheme made things less chaotic after the Leicester game or was it the usual shambles?

I'm wondering whether to attempt going straight back to the city after the game or to do the usual of going for a pint first. Would much prefer to not have a shit pint near the ground and get back to the city quicker to go to a decent boozer with good beer.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2016, 09:49:32 am »
917 from town to Anfield yesterday afternoon was a shambles. Around 45 minutes in total I reckon.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2016, 11:07:42 am »
917 from town to Anfield yesterday afternoon was a shambles. Around 45 minutes in total I reckon.

Quicker to walk back mate?

Were there more buses ready to take people back than there was last season?
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2016, 01:08:31 pm »
Quicker to walk back mate?

Were there more buses ready to take people back than there was last season?

Walked back. Zero taxis around Everton Valley either.

Be interested to hear if anyone got the 917 back and how big the queue was/wait etc.

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
  • Of the glory, round the fields, of Anfield Road!
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2016, 07:26:29 pm »

Walked back. Zero taxis around Everton Valley either.

Be interested to hear if anyone got the 917 back and how big the queue was/wait etc.

I got the 917 out at 1pm and was out in 15 mins. Queued to get it back to town afterwards and was back in town at 5.35. I'd have rathered walk back but my Dad was with me and wanted to get the bus. Bus was probably a bit quicker in the end. The queueing system in place is good, makes it feel like you will eventually get to the top.
I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside… Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline andy84

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We're on the march with Jurgen's army
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2016, 08:28:09 pm »
Good to hear mate. Went for a pint at the Flat Iron as usual but got a 14 bus rather than a taxi which was fine. Good to know it doesn't take too long straight from the game using the 917.

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2016, 01:03:30 am »
Never seen a queue like it in town yesterday around 13:15 for the 917.  Queue went up past St Georges Hall nearly to Lime Street.

So, instead, walked across the road and got on a 17 and was up at the ground in 15 minutes.

The 917 back was very quick.  Left on final whistle from the Upper Main and was back in town before 17:10.

Offline wackojackouk

• Main Stander
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2016, 06:03:44 pm »
Never seen a queue like it in town yesterday around 13:15 for the 917.  Queue went up past St Georges Hall nearly to Lime Street.

So, instead, walked across the road and got on a 17 and was up at the ground in 15 minutes.

The 917 back was very quick.  Left on final whistle from the Upper Main and was back in town before 17:10.

Noticed the same on the way there. Hardly any Soccer Taxi's this time but still managed to grab one after about a 15 min wait.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2016, 11:27:38 pm »
When i go to matches on my own, after the match, i always find it quicker to walk to Breck Road & catch the 14 back into Town, the 14 has mostly deckers allocated now, & is a QBP route.
#Sausages

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2016, 11:39:38 pm »
How are the taxi ranks down Sleepers Hill etc. working these days? Worth it to get to town quicker than walking or chancing a cab down past the Valley?

Offline redbairn

• Main Stander
« Reply #23 on: January 4, 2017, 12:47:21 pm »
How are the taxi ranks down Sleepers Hill etc. working these days? Worth it to get to town quicker than walking or chancing a cab down past the Valley?

I'd also like to know about this, if anyone has any info?