Author Topic: Liverpool 2 - Swansea 1 (FT)  (Read 47702 times)

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
Re: Liverpool 2 - Swansea 1 (FT)
« Reply #680 on: October 29, 2014, 05:18:23 pm »
Haven't seen it since but at the game we thought Lovren had pulled him down. Specsavers here I come. Look forward to seeing it.  :)

A bit of both it looks like: http://youtu.be/542LEog7DEQ?t=19s
Ludi Circenses!

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #681 on: October 29, 2014, 05:20:49 pm »
I tend to agree. I'd also guess it was something to do with his not returning to Sunderland. Also you never know what the true situation is. It could also be he wasn't showing up as well in training.

Whatever it was I think he showed more than enough to warrant a few games while Danny Boy is still out.

We'll have a better idea when we see the team/squad on satdee as to whether there's some sort of freezing out going on.

Similar with Lucas really who paid the price for that game but if we want to sulk over these players not going then freezing them out isn't going to entice a buyer/decent price is it? They're both good options to have and deserve to be featuring as much as anyone else going on performances of others. These are lads with a good attitude who are desperate to play for the club. You have to be fair to players.

Henderson got the same treatment when he wouldn't go to Fulham but eventually he got a fair chance and took it.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #682 on: October 29, 2014, 05:51:58 pm »
Just seen the highlights, fucking hell Borini looked like a man on a mission. I was leaning to towards selling him in the summer but his passion and motivation is something special. Well played.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline sturridginho

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #683 on: October 29, 2014, 06:48:56 pm »
Only after Mario was walking from behind Jonjo up out of the box and Jonjo gave him an elbow to the ribs as he went by. That's when they had words and Mario turned to face him. Looked like an attempt at a headbutt from Jonjo,and that's when Mario went down like Mike Tyson hit him.

The ref eventually cam back after play was stopped to tell both to calm down and the pair of them kept jawing at each other.
There was also a run in 5mins early where Borini went down in the box, it looked like he got an elbow of Shelvey aswell. They are all a bit crazy

Offline Austin Powers

• Fuk Mi? Fuk Yu!
  • Kopite
« Reply #684 on: October 29, 2014, 06:50:48 pm »
Looked like a 3 at the back in possession with Johnson as 3rd centre back and Manquillo pushing really high up and Borini moving inside a little.

We saw less of Lucas dropping in between Toure and Lovren, instead we let the 3 CBs bring it forward out of defence.

I liked it, and Manquillo is solid enough to get back and defend to make it a back 4 when we didn't have the ball.

Could be an interesting little change?

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #685 on: October 29, 2014, 06:58:44 pm »
Ashley Williams gets touch/grab the shirt tight to Lovren for the free-kick. Lovren fakes left then takes off to the right and forward.  Williams loses his balance/footing, ends up on one knee (I think) and makes no further effort to follow Lovren.

It was still a fortuitous goal, in part, and a very difficult header to execute properly under the circumstances. That header just as easily goes to the right of the post or bounces over the bar.

It was effing AWESOME!

Maybe we can solve all our problems by playing Dejan up front
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #686 on: October 29, 2014, 10:47:09 pm »
Looked like a 3 at the back in possession with Johnson as 3rd centre back and Manquillo pushing really high up and Borini moving inside a little.

We saw less of Lucas dropping in between Toure and Lovren, instead we let the 3 CBs bring it forward out of defence.

I liked it, and Manquillo is solid enough to get back and defend to make it a back 4 when we didn't have the ball.

Could be an interesting little change?

Yes, indeed (re the part in bold). At least it's an option. And, as Pascoe said, during periods we executed (bar scoring goals till the last 10 mins, of course) better than we've had all season.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline Austin Powers

• Fuk Mi? Fuk Yu!
  • Kopite
« Reply #687 on: October 30, 2014, 12:07:49 am »
Yes, indeed (re the part in bold). At least it's an option. And, as Pascoe said, during periods we executed (bar scoring goals till the last 10 mins, of course) better than we've had all season.

I wonder if we'll see it against Newcastle but with Johnson back on the right and Moreno pushing forward

Online jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #688 on: October 30, 2014, 12:17:28 am »
Maybe we can solve all our problems by playing Dejan up front
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline GrkStav

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #689 on: November 1, 2014, 10:46:20 pm »
I wonder if we'll see it against Newcastle but with Johnson back on the right and Moreno pushing forward

Prescient, weren't ya?
Ludi Circenses!

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #690 on: November 1, 2014, 10:55:28 pm »
Wait, what? Have I woken from a dream to find we haven't actually played Newcastle yet and we're still discussing our magnificent come-from-behind victory over Swansea? YIPPPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Offline GrkStav

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #691 on: November 1, 2014, 10:58:04 pm »
Wait, what? Have I woken from a dream to find we haven't actually played Newcastle yet and we're still discussing our magnificent come-from-behind victory over Swansea? YIPPPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

"I wonder if we'll see it against Newcastle but with Johnson back on the right and Moreno pushing forward"
Ludi Circenses!