Author Topic: New HD LFCTV - £7 a month on Sky  (Read 31049 times)

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Re: New HD LFCTV - £7 a month on Sky
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2014, 01:22:47 pm »
http://www.theredmentv.com/

Less than £2 per month  :thumbup

Picked up the Football Blogging Award for Best Video Blog last year, and in the running again this...

Two hours of weekly subscriber content comprising the 'Final Word', 'Reds News Round-Up', and 'Friday Football Show'.

Plus loads of free content including Build-Up to every match, reactions outside Anfield for home matches, and ~an hour of live studio build-up, half-time, and post-match reaction for away matches (often including celebratory scenes!).

Plus you can get in touch and tell the lads what you like/don't like, or what you'd like to see added :wave

http://www.theredmentv.com/why_join

This, TheAnfieldWrap and AnfieldFM all do a better, more interesting and fan orientated/outlook job than LFCtv - hope all 3 (and apologies to any others I've missed) go from strength to strength and remain free (or great value for money).
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2014, 01:23:52 pm »
£7 a month to watch repeats of the match I went to the week before and had to pay £48 for? Naaaaaaa

Plus who'd want to see Claire Rourke in HD?

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2014, 01:37:47 pm »
As far as I'm concerned, I think this should be a benefit of paying for a full membership, the benefits of which have being waning over the last season or two.

No chance am I paying the club another penny. Already resent the amount of cash they plunder from my pockets.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 02:10:04 pm by Liamski-la »
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2014, 01:40:22 pm »
If LFCTV were smart they get the Redman TV on to do a show on LFCTV.

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2014, 01:41:08 pm »
As far as I'm concerned, I think this should be a benefit of being a paying  for a full membership, the benefits of which have being waning over the last season or two.

No chance am I paying the club another penny. Already resent the amount of cash they plunder from my pockets.

Wouldnt be surprised in the club don't bring out a new 'ultimate' membership with it included at quite an increased price.

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2014, 01:52:58 pm »
Also just the lack of professionalism of it all, seems ramshackle, tied with the same things available elsewhere

Don't fancy paying anything at all for it
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2014, 01:59:06 pm »
I'll join in the general consensus of "fuck that", not worth £7 a month. I know it might make me look a mingebag but its out of principal of being milked by the club yet again. Fuck em.

That Redmen TV is worth it for a laugh every now and then for classics like this...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NlzcqNfaIJA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NlzcqNfaIJA</a>

:lmao
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 02:04:56 pm by OneTouchFooty »

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2014, 02:16:02 pm »
Also just the lack of professionalism of it all, seems ramshackle, tied with the same things available elsewhere

Don't fancy paying anything at all for it

That's true. I think it was charming in it's own amateurish way but now it's going to cost extra to watch it, the cost isn't worth the content.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2014, 02:17:57 pm »
That's true. I think it was charming in it's own amateurish way but now it's going to cost extra to watch it, the cost isn't worth the content.

You'd presume that the content and it's quality were what they were due to the fact it was a free to air channel. You'd hope the quality of current shows, plus introduction of new shows, will increase now income is coming in from subscriptions.

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2014, 02:18:36 pm »
I'd guess with the upgrade and planned subscription there might be a slightly bigger production budget, but to be honest as someone has already mentioned, it's just background noise. There's nothing I ever need to watch.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2014, 02:22:17 pm »
You'd presume that the content and it's quality were what they were due to the fact it was a free to air channel. You'd hope the quality of current shows, plus introduction of new shows, will increase now income is coming in from subscriptions.

That's a fair point. The only thing worth watching right now is the actual football they show (repeats of our matches and the youth matches mainly) but I guess that's why most of us watch it in the first place.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 02:23:50 pm by Hazell »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Branno

• Legacy Fan
  • Melbourne Scouse!
« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2014, 02:27:27 pm »
Who needs that when we have vietliv on board
"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"......Bill Shankly

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2014, 02:30:18 pm »
That's a fair point. The only thing worth watching right now is the actual football they show (repeats of our matches and the youth matches mainly) but I guess that's why most of us watch it in the first place.

That's all I've ever watched it for, and for me that means £7 a month isn't value for money.

I've occasionally caught some older games on there which I've loved watching, and not sure if these are a regularly thing but if not they should be as think they would make another popular feature.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2014, 04:07:11 pm »
Who needs that when we have vietliv on board

Exactly mate - there's some great talent and effort in that Audio & Video thread - plus the various match highlight websites found on t'tinternet all do a great job - no added costs required :)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2014, 04:09:59 pm »
Nah, you're alright.

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2014, 04:24:15 pm »
Shame.

But that's football today getting every pound they can out of the fans customers.

Fixed that for you.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #96 on: October 24, 2014, 04:47:18 pm »
£7 per month? nah.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline johnbarnesish

• Main Stander
« Reply #97 on: October 24, 2014, 04:56:41 pm »
£7 a month. the channel is pretty poor at the best of times, good that it shows the matches at midnight or the next day, but the commentary is horrendous and the channel lacks alot of quality.

they can keep it, its a shame as we got to see the youth games. But im not paying £7 for it

Offline zamagiure

• tujenkins
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: October 24, 2014, 05:01:57 pm »
Nope.
mines a pint

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: October 24, 2014, 05:08:32 pm »
Bit of an own goal here by the club , they should have announced all new better content , quality shows , live games , hd and any extras etc , but then allowed it free to air as a taster for say three months and then they can stand or fall by that and see what the take up rate is . Unless it's also aimed at the people who don't subscribe to sky sports it is a way of eventually watching the match , because really you can only see small snippets on news channels and match of the day

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2014, 05:28:35 pm »
Makes sense for them, say a million subscribe that's £7m a month on top, for nothing.

I think it's a shitty move, but the club only have to look at the money Chelsea TV and MUFC TV bring in, and get their heads turned.

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2014, 05:30:55 pm »
So is there any amalgamation between the paid for content on the website and this ?

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2014, 05:33:43 pm »
Makes sense for them, say a million subscribe that's £7m a month on top, for nothing.

I think it's a shitty move, but the club only have to look at the money Chelsea TV and MUFC TV bring in, and get their heads turned.

£7M a month ummh that could pay for Reus wages. It's master plan I tell ya.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: October 24, 2014, 05:35:27 pm »

There's no chance they'll get a million subscribers, United get ~100k and they've got a bigger worldwide fan base than us
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline TheFlyingScouseman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice day
« Reply #104 on: October 24, 2014, 05:35:52 pm »
Wow, £7 is a disgrace. Basterds

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #105 on: October 24, 2014, 05:43:44 pm »
There's no chance they'll get a million subscribers, United get ~100k and they've got a bigger worldwide fan base than us

Really? Bloody hell that's low, would have thought it would be much higher.  Oh well, even then it's still a decent £8m extra.

Offline Mr. Heisenberg

• Kemlynite
  • Say My Name....
« Reply #106 on: October 24, 2014, 06:08:11 pm »
For me what is effectively ~22p a day isn't exactly breaking the bank to see the youth games ect. in HD

Offline Jonny5

• .... . .-.. .-.. ---
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 97 ynwa 39
« Reply #107 on: October 24, 2014, 06:23:55 pm »
am i the only one who thinks £7 is cheap when you compare it to what they charge for other things.

plus people might want to see whats changed on the channel before jumping overboard.
When you walk through a storm hold your head up high and dont be afraid of the dark

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #108 on: October 24, 2014, 06:24:33 pm »
am i the only one who thinks £7 is cheap when you compare it to what they charge for other things.

plus people might want to see whats changed on the channel before jumping overboard.

What are you paying £7 for?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #109 on: October 24, 2014, 06:28:00 pm »

Love that logic

It was a free channel and it felt like it, I wouldn't pay for the METRO and I won't pay for this either, regardless of upgrades (which, let's face it, will not be substantial if they are selling the HD aspect as much as they are)
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2014, 06:31:17 pm »
Only watch the youth games on the LFC channel and even that's rare nowadays because I'm usually at work when they're on. I'll just stream them if there's a match I really want to watch, no way am I paying £7.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: October 24, 2014, 06:34:51 pm »
Just curious, how many of you saying 'no' would be subscribing if it was only £3?

Haven't got Sky, and I wouldn't have been able to justify the £7 anyway, though I'll probably resubscribe to the online service if that's still the same price. I'm just wondering if there actually is a market for this.

It does seem a bit of a daft move if you're going to charge that price not to offer it free for the first month or so.

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: October 24, 2014, 06:40:26 pm »
Always thought the no subscription would come to a end.

No way am I paying 7 bar a month for the privilege now.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: October 24, 2014, 06:41:47 pm »
Just curious, how many of you saying 'no' would be subscribing if it was only £3?

Haven't got Sky, and I wouldn't have been able to justify the £7 anyway, though I'll probably resubscribe to the online service if that's still the same price. I'm just wondering if there actually is a market for this.

It does seem a bit of a daft move if you're going to charge that price not to offer it free for the first month or so.

Not sure I'd bother at any price to be honest, I don't get much use out the channel and I'm already spending too much subscribing to Sky Sports and BT Sport.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: October 24, 2014, 06:42:37 pm »
We only have it because it's free on Virgin Media XL. I could count on one hand the number of times we've watched it. Any live games looked like they were being filmed on a 10 year old mobile.
Will we be paying £7 a month for it? Will we shite.

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: October 24, 2014, 06:45:34 pm »
I think any animosity toward paying subs for a, it has to be said, up to now a pretty substandard service is more about the club opening up yet another revenue stream when they're already taking more than their fair share of the regular supporters disposable income.

Offline oovavu

• eranu
  • Anny Roader
  • Deva Diva
« Reply #116 on: October 24, 2014, 06:50:05 pm »
What are you paying £7 for?

Blowjobs, plenty of coldsores this Christmas.

Extra money needs to come from sponsors not fans.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #117 on: October 24, 2014, 06:53:28 pm »
Missed a trick by not having a trial month, or have they? Do they not feel confident enough in grabbing subscribers after that trial month is over?
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #118 on: October 24, 2014, 06:55:22 pm »
We only have it because it's free on Virgin Media XL. I could count on one hand the number of times we've watched it. Any live games looked like they were being filmed on a 10 year old mobile.
Will we be paying £7 a month for it? Will we shite.

By the way, that's an extra £84 a year, for perspective at £145.50 I get BBC 1,2,3,4, BBC news and website, BBC radios 1,2,3,4,5,6, ITV, C4, C5 plus freeview.

£258 quid extra gets me another 35 channels (most of which are shite) and for a whopping £850 a year I can watch more TV than I can cope with.

No wonder my son watches everything on his laptop.

Following football is not like it used tp be.

aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #119 on: October 24, 2014, 06:56:05 pm »
Missed a trick by not having a trial month, or have they? Do they not feel confident enough in grabbing subscribers after that trial month is over?

I'd imagine the trial month/weekend may come once any new programming and/or glitches have been worked out. Pointless doing it now if there isn't a huge amount of new programming and it's just the older stuff in HD.