Author Topic: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here  (Read 2517400 times)

Offline jsl2000

• Main Stander
Re: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here
« Reply #280 on: October 27, 2014, 01:10:54 pm »
What's the current plane for WBR?   Had a look yesterday at the number of tinned up properties that will soon be demolished, can't help but think that rerouting the road will happen.

If the road is rerouted that won't be a ground expansion decision (it'll be 1 element of 100's but not the sole reason).  The council can request a reroute to the highways agency but will have to put forward a tonne of valid economic and environmental benefits before its even considered.  I suspect it being a major A road would mean it would need discussion in the house of commons etc.

Your talkings years just for a decision then more years for the construction. 

I doubt the club could be arsed with all that.

Offline LfcMonty

• Kopite
« Reply #281 on: October 27, 2014, 01:17:35 pm »

Do you think the Upper Anny road ST holders will get moved elsewhere when they start to make re developments.. being in the construction game myself I cant see them altering the support structures to the upper tier without moving the supporters..

Offline BigYan

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #282 on: October 27, 2014, 01:51:12 pm »
No detailed plans yet for AR, only outline planning permission sought, although from the planning document I believe only the bottom tier is retained. So in theory yes ST holders will probably move at some point. Alternative is to restrict away fans during construction which has been done before but can't remember who it was (Newcastle?). Also the plan is to move the away fans to the opposite end but don't know if its upper or lower tier.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: October 29, 2014, 01:13:04 am »
No way thats working 24-7 in a residential area , not only the noise of construction but even vehicles and machinery around site in the middle of the night ..no way ... Possibly twelve hour days , seven days a week . And is that article implying ready by next season , what eight months away and only a small spade in the ground

When the Kop was redone in the past, LFC had workers on it 24/7 until some of the local residents complained and building work was stopped over night. However this was done in the era where a high ranking official in LFC went into the residents houses to have a chat about it...
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline New York Red

• Main Stander
  • Life is too short to drink shitty beer
« Reply #284 on: October 29, 2014, 01:26:30 am »
August 16, 2016 it will be open. That's the goal.
Every day I wake up, and thank the Lord I'm Welsh.

Offline davenorthwales

• RAWK's utilities guru
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: October 29, 2014, 01:33:18 am »
where did the whole of anfield rd go when they rebuilt in 98?
can i have my old name back please?

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #286 on: October 29, 2014, 07:13:43 pm »
It stayed exactly where it is now. Nothing has changed to the road itself, just the clearance on other side of road from the ground.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
« Reply #287 on: November 4, 2014, 08:58:13 am »
So the 6 weeks hold period finishes today. Will we see a dreaded "spade in the ground"

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #288 on: November 4, 2014, 02:28:48 pm »
So the 6 weeks hold period finishes today. Will we see a dreaded "spade in the ground"

Probably not just yet.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline N11RED

• Anny Roader
« Reply #289 on: November 4, 2014, 02:49:53 pm »
Probably not just yet.

When do you think we'd have achieved 'certainty' on the scheme Alan?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #290 on: November 4, 2014, 04:11:07 pm »
When do you think we'd have achieved 'certainty' on the scheme Alan?

Not sure - I just meant that once the period is up there will be at least a few days for paper work, mobilisation, notices etc. In real terms I think we've had certainty for some time now and work could start anytime. The first thing though will be site establishment with site offices, security, welfare facilities, wcs etc. Actual excavation and piling will probably only start once that's in place, especially as there will be 45,000 people passing right next to the site every other Saturday and midweek evenings.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
« Reply #291 on: November 4, 2014, 04:13:14 pm »
I haven't been down there in a while. How many houses are left to be cleared - or has it been completed?

Offline Rigobert

• Main Stander
« Reply #292 on: November 4, 2014, 09:06:19 pm »
I haven't been down there in a while. How many houses are left to be cleared - or has it been completed?

The last 3 or 4 houses to go remaining on Alroy Rd are 1/2 demolished which only leaves the 7 or so houses actually on Anfield Rd up to the old souvenir shop and scaffolding is already going up ready for their removal. All told, IMO the spade in the ground will be January.

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
« Reply #293 on: November 4, 2014, 10:31:48 pm »
The last 3 or 4 houses to go remaining on Alroy Rd are 1/2 demolished which only leaves the 7 or so houses actually on Anfield Rd up to the old souvenir shop and scaffolding is already going up ready for their removal. All told, IMO the spade in the ground will be January.

Thanks, as a follower of builds like this we'll likely not see much going on for a long while then, ground works and piling take an interminable amount of time and then the steel work goes up quick as a flash.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: November 9, 2014, 08:32:57 pm »
The club should have no issue at all selling out 55,000 every week unless we really go to shit
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #296 on: November 9, 2014, 08:34:01 pm »
The club should have no issue at all selling out 55,000 every week unless we really go to shit
Prudence though..... Don't do it until we are certain it will pay for itself.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #297 on: November 10, 2014, 11:10:09 pm »

Unfortunately if we carry on like we have been this could be an issue. With prices forever on the increase fans will not fork out for every game to watch unless we are relatively successful.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: November 11, 2014, 12:44:17 am »
Unfortunately if we carry on like we have been this could be an issue. With prices forever on the increase fans will not fork out for every game to watch unless we are relatively successful.

They could sell another 10,000 season tickets tomorrow with ease if they wanted to
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: November 11, 2014, 02:44:45 pm »
They could sell another 10,000 season tickets tomorrow with ease if they wanted to

Read the first sentence again.

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: November 11, 2014, 03:19:07 pm »

To put this into another perspective, the 'best' capacity in terms of the optimum return is just over 51,000. The big money earning premium seats are all done in the main stand within that 51k. Every seat above that reduces the average return and the more seats you add, the greater the risk of not it.

For all those who think we'll easily fill this or that, there's only one group of people with the figures at hand. And they'll be fully aware that you have to fill every seat, every match, or you may as well throw the money down the toilet.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 03:38:23 pm by Peter McGurk »

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #301 on: November 11, 2014, 03:22:06 pm »
You got that image for people without superman vision Peter?  ;D

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: November 11, 2014, 03:39:31 pm »
You got that image for people without superman vision Peter?  ;D

I don't know why they keep changing flikr....

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: November 11, 2014, 04:28:07 pm »

To put this into another perspective, the 'best' capacity in terms of the optimum return is just over 51,000. The big money earning premium seats are all done in the main stand within that 51k. Every seat above that reduces the average return and the more seats you add, the greater the risk of not it.

For all those who think we'll easily fill this or that, there's only one group of people with the figures at hand. And they'll be fully aware that you have to fill every seat, every match, or you may as well throw the money down the toilet.

Sorry for being thick, I hope I'm not the only one, but I don't understand that.
Can you explain it in more detail?

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: November 11, 2014, 04:41:07 pm »
Sorry for being thick, I hope I'm not the only one, but I don't understand that.
Can you explain it in more detail?

There's only so many higher priced seats you can add to increase the average per seat, after which the average is going the wrong way.

Offline samfandesreds

• Main Stander
« Reply #305 on: November 11, 2014, 05:11:05 pm »
I was at Anfield this weekend for the game, some pictures I took Sunday

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: November 11, 2014, 06:42:39 pm »
There's only so many higher priced seats you can add to increase the average per seat, after which the average is going the wrong way.

For example, what does the £1,373 represent, is it annual revenue?

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #307 on: November 11, 2014, 06:43:53 pm »
For example, what does the £1,373 represent, is it annual revenue?

It's average price per seat per game I think.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #308 on: November 11, 2014, 06:47:08 pm »

Fucking hell, ticket prices really have gone up!!

It's income per seat per year, averaged out over all the seats (so from your £710 Kop ST's, up to you expensive premium seats).

So once the new main is built, with the expanded premium section, the average income per seat is at it's highest. Once you add in more cheaper seats in the new Anny Rd it'll drop down again.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: November 11, 2014, 06:48:16 pm »

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: November 11, 2014, 06:52:11 pm »
No, it's the average income per seat per year.....

It includes hospitality cost such as how much people spend on food and drink on average per season per seat.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #311 on: November 11, 2014, 06:54:01 pm »

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

I'd like to whoosh you but I got it spectacularly wrong ;D as Tepid and Craig have pointed out.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: November 11, 2014, 06:57:55 pm »
I'd like to whoosh you but I got it spectacularly wrong ;D as Tepid and Craig have pointed out.

Jesus, you had me worried for a minute  ;D

Offline tgwj77

• Kemlynite
« Reply #313 on: November 11, 2014, 08:57:06 pm »

That's really interesting, thank you. One question, I assume that this is simply revenue per seat, rather than profit per seat (must be since it's per year and cost is only a one-off)?

I.e. one also needs to remember the point which you have made before - that the average cost of building each seat is curving in the other direction, increasing as the capacity increases. So it's double whammy as you increase capacity beyond a certain point, the cost per seat going up while the revenue per seat goes down?

Offline N11RED

• Anny Roader
« Reply #314 on: November 11, 2014, 09:45:39 pm »
Samfandereds, appreciate the images mate.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: November 11, 2014, 09:56:06 pm »
What's that based on Peter? Or is it your own opinion? Average revenue per seat may go down slightly but revenue will still rise.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: November 11, 2014, 11:01:27 pm »
Read the first sentence again.

I understand the point you're making, but there's 25,000 sat on the season ticket waiting list now and a fair few who'd love to get on it when it re-opens. Unless we declined to Hull/Palace level for a prolonged period of time it's difficult to imagine the attendances dropping any significant level.

Agreed that caution is probably the best approach though.

Maybe i'm just being selfish and can't be arsed with the huge rush of the members sale anymore :P

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: November 11, 2014, 11:09:44 pm »
That's really interesting, thank you. One question, I assume that this is simply revenue per seat, rather than profit per seat (must be since it's per year and cost is only a one-off)?

I.e. one also needs to remember the point which you have made before - that the average cost of building each seat is curving in the other direction, increasing as the capacity increases. So it's double whammy as you increase capacity beyond a certain point, the cost per seat going up while the revenue per seat goes down?

Correct. It is revenue per seat not 'profit' (but cost is not a one-off. It's paid annually over the lifetime of the loans - like a mortgage).

Second point also correct but would only begin to matter above about 60k since standard seats up to that point would be cheaper than premium seats. A more accurate figure is probably 58,400...

What's that based on Peter? Or is it your own opinion? Average revenue per seat may go down slightly but revenue will still rise.

It's based on the day's prices (2012) and a scheme very similar to the consented scheme up to 61k.

In theory, the overall revenue would continue to rise but only if the stadium is filled, which is not guaranteed to happen by any means. However the fall in the return on investment is guaranteed to happen. Just mathematics. Hence the 'sweet-spot'. Hence the incremental redevelopment. Hence about 60k.

I understand the point you're making, but there's 25,000 sat on the season ticket waiting list now and a fair few who'd love to get on it when it re-opens. Unless we declined to Hull/Palace level for a prolonged period of time it's difficult to imagine the attendances dropping any significant level.

It's difficult to imagine taking a £50m-£100m (say) bet on extra capacity, when it's completely unnecessary. There are less risky ways of making money for the club by a long shot.

Given the maths of it all, it's difficult to see any expansion beyond about 60,000. The only way that goes some way to beating the numbers is by adding capacity cheaply (see; safe standing)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 06:38:30 pm by Peter McGurk »

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: November 11, 2014, 11:12:29 pm »
Maybe i'm just being selfish and can't be arsed with the huge rush of the members sale anymore :P

:) I've had those thoughts too.
But being serious, if we keep on playing like we are and keep buying potential rather than top quality then there is the chance that we'll be falling outside the top four for a few years to come and by the time the stadium is expanded we may struggle to fill it if that is the case. People will get pissed off pretty quickly after the highs of last season. The next couple of transfer windows are vital.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: November 11, 2014, 11:15:51 pm »

Agreed that caution is probably the best approach though.

Don't forget, many of those in the list will already be regular match goers, so you have to avoid doubke counting them
W