Author Topic: Wear Red, Bring a Scarf - Make the Kop Look Good Again  (Read 78179 times)

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Wear Red, Bring a Scarf - Make the Kop Look Good Again
« Reply #520 on: October 30, 2014, 09:46:35 am »
We were lower down for Madrid so didn't know that, he would have a job getting anyone to sit down for that game though.

He is killing the atmosphere single handedly for the league games though, although loads automatically sit down anyway which is annoying.

If everyone had a bit of backbone and told him to do one he'd be soon back down them stairs. Instead they all sit down on command. Frustrating cos then you're left standing on your own

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #521 on: October 30, 2014, 10:57:22 am »
Surely the tune for the Colin Pascoe song deserves to be a chant generally about Liverpool. It's a boss melody for a chant, sorry Pascoe but it's being wasted on you.

Completely agree. Look at what Argentina have done with it to Taunt brazil being shit. We had a great opportunity to turn it into a song for sturridge or one to taunt utd with but instead we come up with a shit 4 line song about Pascoes legs.

It doesn't flow and it'll never be booming which this tune has the potential to be. Just a waste.

Its funny, for a second, but its a waste.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 11:05:11 am by Always_A_Red »
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #522 on: October 30, 2014, 12:22:10 pm »
Surely the tune for the Colin Pascoe song deserves to be a chant generally about Liverpool. It's a boss melody for a chant, sorry Pascoe but it's being wasted on you.

I agree. Great melody. Funny song. Shame it's not sung about something else but it's probably the most "bouncy" song we have at present, which is potentially a little worrying.

This is where someone complains about bouncy songs/pop songs. Such grouches.
YNWA.

Offline MerseyParadise

• Kopite
  • Wool son of Scotty road 'arl fella
« Reply #523 on: October 30, 2014, 12:36:08 pm »
Imagine being a grown man and singing about another grown man's baldy head.

imagine being a grown man and singing about burying a hatchet in somebodys head?
Insert obscure quote here

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #524 on: October 30, 2014, 12:43:02 pm »
imagine being a grown man and singing about burying a hatchet in somebodys head?

Imagine being a grown hatchet and burying a singing head in somebodys about!
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #525 on: October 30, 2014, 01:31:00 pm »
That Pascoe chant is fucking hilarious  :lickin

I don't remember too many complaining about the nonsense we sang in the 70's ... 'Bow legged chicken' and my fave the 'Dambusters' chant ... the whole Kop going 'nananananananana' and doing Biggles goggles with their hands ...

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: October 30, 2014, 02:14:35 pm »
The way the ground sounds for most league games and the comments I read on here almost make me dread the fact I can afford to start going back to Anfield soon, and if I can say that as an OOTer who used to go to 6 games a season max what on earth is it like for those who have been home and away for years?

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #527 on: October 30, 2014, 07:03:43 pm »

I don't remember too many complaining about the nonsense we sang in the 70's ... 'Bow legged chicken' and my fave the 'Dambusters' chant ... the whole Kop going 'nananananananana' and doing Biggles goggles with their hands ...

I remember singing the 'Nellie the elephant' song on the Kop in the early 80's,  :o :-X
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline Lothairio

• Kopite
  • Facci Sognare
« Reply #528 on: October 30, 2014, 07:59:12 pm »
Really bugs me when people sing YNWA with just their hands stretched out, and no scarf. If only they realised what bellends they look like.
Hat, cap, scarf, or yer badges...

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #529 on: October 30, 2014, 08:06:10 pm »
I remember singing the 'Nellie the elephant' song on the Kop in the early 80's,  :o :-X

;D

... and doing the Laurel & Hardy theme every time a bizzy walked past  :wave

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #530 on: October 30, 2014, 09:00:12 pm »
The Colin Pascoe song is a disgrace. Embarassing

Haha. You miserable sod. ;D

Offline Cork Red

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #531 on: October 30, 2014, 10:21:49 pm »

Exactly.  Half the craic of being a Liverpool fan is all the mad shit that has the rest of the country scratching their heads, like the socks thrown onto the pitch at Goodison a few years back.  It's like an inside joke with your mates except you have 10,000 people in on it.

Offline Jrkopite

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #532 on: October 31, 2014, 12:54:30 am »
Exactly.  Half the craic of being a Liverpool fan is all the mad shit that has the rest of the country scratching their heads, like the socks thrown onto the pitch at Goodison a few years back.  It's like an inside joke with your mates except you have 10,000 people in on it.

Another one made me laugh, all the beach balls thrown from the Kop before the game against the Mancs, just after that Sunderland beach ball goal a few years ago!

Offline thechulloran

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: October 31, 2014, 01:58:29 pm »
Really bugs me when people sing YNWA with just their hands stretched out, and no scarf. If only they realised what bellends they look like.

scarves & shirts don't sing, voices do
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists" - Tom Hicks

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #534 on: October 31, 2014, 02:00:28 pm »
Second verse for the Colin Pascoe song (for the purists) :-

Oh we are the famous Kopites
We support the greatest football team
Brendan Rodgers is our coach and leader
He's the man who's gonna make us dream.

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: October 31, 2014, 11:47:37 pm »

Yeah, only seems to do league games, wasn't there against Madrid either. Last weekend we were all standing after YNWA and he just gave one look and a few hundred people sat down. He must so fucking love that power trip.
He was up in 306 for the Madrid match. Obviously couldn't tell anyone to sit down but he was pacing up and down stopping people from standing on the stairs.

Offline BUSHMILLS

• PEBBLEHOUSE. Your auntie's agent provocateur.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never ask what's under his patio
« Reply #536 on: October 31, 2014, 11:56:04 pm »
The Colin Pascoe song is ace. It's up there with the Sid James banner for sheer randomness.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #537 on: November 1, 2014, 12:13:00 am »
Second verse for the Colin Pascoe song (for the purists) :-

Oh we are the famous Kopites
We support the greatest football team
Brendan Rodgers is our coach and leader
He's the man who's gonna make us dream.

I think for me, its not 'verses' that are needed. We need to complete the song. The song, if you listen to the Argentinians singing about Brazil, have around 10 lines in the song but we have created one that uses the first 4 lines of the tune and then just cuts out back to the start. Its like singing the Suarez sing and singing:

'His name is Luis Suarez,
He wears the famous red,
I just cant get enough,
I jut cant get enough.
(repeat).

For anyone who doesn't know the tune, you can see it here:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/y7xL8aRwfZE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/y7xL8aRwfZE</a>

Brazil, Tell Me How It Feels

To Be Bossed Around In Your Own Home

I Swear That Even If Years Pass

We Will Never Forget

That Diego [Maradona] Out-Skilled You

That Cani [Claudio Caniggia] Surprised You

You Are Crying Since Italy [World Cup 1990] Till Today

You Are Going To See Messi

The World Cup Will Be Ours

Maradona Is Greater Than Pelé"

The song itself is brilliant and to be fair to the lads that have created the CP song, its very funny because its new, but it could be so much better. In 6-12 months it'll be forgotten. I imagined the whole kop bouncing after sturridge scored or sang when we played utd to ridicule them about their past 12-18 months with 3500 kopites bouncing at OT to it. I like the CP song, just think the 'tune' could be used so much better.

To be fair the atmosphere would be much better with a few more of those argentine 'number 10' wearing girls in Anfield on a weekly basis  ;D
« Last Edit: November 1, 2014, 12:14:56 am by Always_A_Red »
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #538 on: November 8, 2014, 05:00:03 pm »
My lad doing his bit on the Kop again today, this time with his new waver, ( white flag / red Liverbird in the middle of the pic ), not bad for a 9 year old !!!    :)

@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Online mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #539 on: November 8, 2014, 05:33:34 pm »
I think for me, its not 'verses' that are needed. We need to complete the song. The song, if you listen to the Argentinians singing about Brazil, have around 10 lines in the song but we have created one that uses the first 4 lines of the tune and then just cuts out back to the start. Its like singing the Suarez sing and singing:

He wears the famous red,
I just cant get enough,
I jut cant get enough.
(repeat).

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/y7xL8aRwfZE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/y7xL8aRwfZE</a>

We Will Never Forget

The song itself is brilliant and to be fair to the lads that have created the CP song, its very funny because its new, but it could be so much better. In 6-12 months it'll be forgotten. I imagined the whole kop bouncing after sturridge scored or sang when we played utd to ridicule them about their past 12-18 months with 3500 kopites bouncing at OT to it. I like the CP song, just think the 'tune' could be used so much better.

To be fair the atmosphere would be much better with a few more of those argentine 'number 10' wearing girls in Anfield on a weekly basis  ;D

Perfectly summed up . The Colin Pascoe song is funny and was off the cuff but it's SUCH  a good tune and it's wasted  (especially with only 4 lines ) . Should keep that one for a laugh in the boozer

and use the same song to take the piss out of  United with the full ten lines on the terraces . The last line in the Argentine version is the crescendo and it really rubs it in - that makes the song...
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #540 on: November 8, 2014, 06:01:51 pm »
My lad doing his bit on the Kop again today, this time with his new waver, ( white flag / red Liverbird in the middle of the pic ), not bad for a 9 year old !!!    :)

Well played that young lad!
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Mainstanderbutsitting

• Main Stander
« Reply #541 on: November 8, 2014, 09:15:47 pm »
Its great to see the young lads waving these flags. Real hope that traditions will be maintained moving forward.

Always looks great from the main stand.

Not sure if this is the right place to raise the issue but Tom Werner and his entourage only watched for 79 minutes today before they all scuttled out of the Director's box.

Does he know how long a match lasts??

What could be so pressing that he could not wait until the final whistle?

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: November 8, 2014, 09:33:43 pm »
Its great to see the young lads waving these flags. Real hope that traditions will be maintained moving forward.

Always looks great from the main stand.

Not sure if this is the right place to raise the issue but Tom Werner and his entourage only watched for 79 minutes today before they all scuttled out of the Director's box.

Does he know how long a match lasts??

What could be so pressing that he could not wait until the final whistle?

I seen Sturridge doing that against Hull, most of the corporates tend to do this stuff
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #543 on: November 9, 2014, 09:30:54 pm »
When YNWA started the camera zoomed on the stands - not sure whether it was the Kop or Annie - and in that realtively small space I counted 9 half-half scarves. I mean LFC-Chelsea ones, not some random European ones.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Wear Red, Bring a Scarf - Make the Kop Look Good Again
« Reply #544 on: November 10, 2014, 05:52:10 am »
When YNWA started the camera zoomed on the stands - not sure whether it was the Kop or Annie - and in that realtively small space I counted 9 half-half scarves. I mean LFC-Chelsea ones, not some random European ones.

I walked from the Kop to Main Stand after the game and it was the most amount of half-and-halves I'd personally ever seen at Anfield. We're talking it basically being more common than a 'normal' LFC scarf.
YNWA.

Offline AnfieldIron

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: November 10, 2014, 06:37:15 am »
This game sold out almost immediately in the bulk sales, when the criteria was 0. Fair to say a load of them had jumped on the membership bandwagon since we came 2nd?

Offline Jrkopite

• Main Stander
« Reply #546 on: November 10, 2014, 12:19:57 pm »
This game sold out almost immediately in the bulk sales, when the criteria was 0. Fair to say a load of them had jumped on the membership bandwagon since we came 2nd?

Would explain how I and many others ended up ticketless this season. How I yearn for the 70s when I started going. Get there early and queue up to make sure you got in and got a good spec. That's partly why the atmospheres gone to shite too.
Love that Craig Johnston substitution story, good old Uncle Bob.( just realised that's from another thread!)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 12:21:35 pm by Jrkopite »

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #547 on: November 11, 2014, 06:27:31 am »

This is fair. But also a massive opportunity for touts with these sorts of games, even more so with last season in mind.
YNWA.

Offline KopSound

• Main Stander
« Reply #548 on: November 11, 2014, 06:49:14 am »

Love it, get them started young  ;D Now if only the iPad cameramen could learn from him  ::)
Liverpool FC - Sounders FC

Offline AnfieldIron

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: November 11, 2014, 11:17:19 am »
This is fair. But also a massive opportunity for touts with these sorts of games, even more so with last season in mind.

Exactly.

There's fans of this club that make a living touting tickets.

Offline MJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • Said It's High Green mate, Via Hillsborough please
« Reply #550 on: November 11, 2014, 12:14:31 pm »
Exactly.

There's fans of this club that make a living touting tickets.

Been saying this for a long time, a lot of people with say 18 away games from last season buy their away tickets from the club then sell them on to touting websites to sell tickets to 'die hard reds' in Beijing!
And the same thing is happening at Anfield. And now the club are selling every ticket in the members sale at 0 (after 14+) touts are going to have a ball.
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MattyJohnson8

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
  • we have dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #551 on: November 11, 2014, 01:22:39 pm »
Club have understood one thing from last season, don't sell the last game of the season to any fucker but need to realise this for games against City/arsenal/tottenham etc. It's not a closed shop if you are selling the remaining 10+ games which stops it from being a closed shop but the club need to realise loyalty when it comes to the big games.

Offline ANFIELDGATES

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #552 on: November 11, 2014, 01:33:21 pm »

He wears the famous red,
I just cant get enough,
I jut cant get enough.
(repeat).

We Will Never Forget

fuck me...if u can get that beauty @29 seconds on vid to come to the kop i,l sing whatever u want!!!!

Offline MJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • Said It's High Green mate, Via Hillsborough please
« Reply #553 on: November 11, 2014, 05:15:08 pm »
Club have understood one thing from last season, don't sell the last game of the season to any fucker but need to realise this for games against City/arsenal/tottenham etc. It's not a closed shop if you are selling the remaining 10+ games which stops it from being a closed shop but the club need to realise loyalty when it comes to the big games.

You'd think they would realise this, however a club like ours with the loyalty of a tori MP you haven't got a prayer!
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MattyJohnson8