Author Topic: Loan Watch 2016-17  (Read 89459 times)

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
Re: Loan Watch 2016-17
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2016, 09:39:03 pm »
Markovic can`t get into this very poor Serbian team which is dying for some good pace and attacking quality. Tells you all you need to know about his future with us.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2016, 03:51:36 am »
Markovic can`t get into this very poor Serbian team which is dying for some good pace and attacking quality. Tells you all you need to know about his future with us.

that said. can he be said one of the committee flops?

the other loanees hopefully getting good time for their development.

Offline Bullan

• I can't believe I ate the whole thing...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speed of The Sound Of Loneliness
« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2016, 08:00:13 am »

Not looking good for him , he is playing for Jorge Jesus at Sporting and if I am not mistaken , that was the coach he excelled under at Benfica but simply does not seem to have kicked on at all.
I hate every ape I see.
From chimpan-a to chimpan-z,
No, you'll never make a monkey out of me.
Oh, my God, I was wrong,
It was Earth all along.
You finally made a monkey...

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2016, 11:54:53 am »
that said. can he be said one of the committee flops?

the other loanees hopefully getting good time for their development.

It's looking that way, it's a shame as he has some really good qualities but just hasn't put them together at all.

Offline hasan

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop.
« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2016, 05:16:03 pm »
I just think Markovic needs a bit of time. He was only 20 when he arrived. .but think ojo and ejaria are ahead him in the queue at Anfield so don't think we will see his best years with us , as imo he has a lot of potential.
Ssshh - say it quietly we are going to win the league

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2016, 05:43:14 pm »
I just think Markovic needs a bit of time. He was only 20 when he arrived. .but think ojo and ejaria are ahead him in the queue at Anfield so don't think we will see his best years with us , as imo he has a lot of potential.
All players have potential it's down to wether the player himself can maximise it. Sadly where we are concerned I think he has missed the boat.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2016, 04:12:58 am »
Bogdan, on load at Wigan, may be out for the season with a knee cruciate ligament injury :(

http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/latics/loan-star-bogdan-facing-season-ko-1-8250767
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2016, 10:49:57 pm »
He's returned to us for treatment in his ACL.

Be fairer to have him humanely destroyed?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: November 23, 2016, 12:02:08 am »
I reckon he'd have stayed at Liverpool if Klopp fancied him. He's kept Ojo, and is trying to buy Pulisic, so that tells you how bothered he is about Markovic.
He's is having a total 'mare at Sporting too.

One of the worst 'committee signings' we've seen IMHO.

Offline Aceldama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2016, 12:53:46 am »
He's returned to us for treatment in his ACL.

Be fairer to have him humanely destroyed?

:missus #gingerlivesmatter
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 12:58:02 am by Aceldama »

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2016, 01:08:12 am »
It's sad that Markovic is doing so poorly at Sporting, when he was enough of a success to be universally coveted when he was at Benfica.

I hear people say the usual stuff like 'I can see a player there', but I really can't. People appear to do all kinds of mental gymnastics to make an argument why he's not a lost cause, going so far as to describe him as being 'too cerebral to be on the same wavelength as his teammates'.

I'll say this much.. he's not like any other winger I've ever seen. He doesn't take on his man, he doesn't cross, he doesn't make key passes, he doesn't score and and he doesn't assist. Maybe there's some other style of footballer, but that style doesn't appear to be effective, whether it's orthodox or not.

Take a step back from the criticism, I think he's probably a player that requires a lot of nurturing from the right manager in the right team that has the right system to give him time to not only play, but to build his confidence by helping him succeed. He's not a big personality that will thrive anywhere. He needs the perfect environment, and he needs it now, or his career is not going to live up to the promise of its Benfica days.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: November 23, 2016, 08:17:36 pm »
Jack Dunn's loan cut short.

Shrimps boss Jim Bentley said: “Jack is a good lad and we have enjoyed having him here.

“For one reason or another it hasn’t worked out as we would have wanted in recent weeks so we feel at this stage it is best for all parties if Jack returns to Liverpool FC.

“We have a good relationship with the under 23 staff at Liverpool and we would like to thank them for loaning us Jack for the last four months.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/striker-returns-liverpool-loan-spell-12221284

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2016, 04:55:33 pm »
For one reason or another it hasn’t worked out as we would have wanted
I suspect something going on behind the scenes there. Could be wrong, but he seemed to be doing fine and then suddenly dropped out of the side.

Not a great sign if he's failing to make the grade at a League 2 outfit.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2016, 10:59:30 am »
Any further on Jack Dunn returning early?
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2016, 07:41:23 pm »
Ryan Kent on the bench for Barnsley tonight.
Annoying, he's started the last few and they're live on telly.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: November 25, 2016, 11:47:40 pm »
Andre Wisdom not getting enough game time for his development at Red Bull Salzburg

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/11/25/ill-judged-loan-move-to-salzburg-stunting-andre-wisdoms-developm/
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2016, 12:01:20 am »
All players have potential it's down to wether the player himself can maximise it. Sadly where we are concerned I think he has missed the boat.

It's difficult to judge young players on good or bad performances.  Remember a certain Victor Moses in his loan spell with us?  IIRC, he was roundly panned back then.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2016, 05:01:22 am »
It's difficult to judge young players on good or bad performances.  Remember a certain Victor Moses in his loan spell with us?  IIRC, he was roundly panned back then.
Still a shit player  ;D

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2016, 07:56:11 am »
Should terminate Wisdom loan deal and try and sell him in January

Think he would suit n ambitious championship team with designs on the premier league

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: November 26, 2016, 11:00:26 am »
Should terminate Wisdom loan deal and try and sell him in January

Think he would suit n ambitious championship team with designs on the premier league
I reckon he should be aiming to captain Leeds.

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: November 26, 2016, 01:14:53 pm »
Flanno still not starting v City today, even though the Burnley defence were absolutely dreadful at West Brom. :(

Online bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #102 on: November 26, 2016, 01:17:36 pm »
Flanno still not starting v City today, even though the Burnley defence were absolutely dreadful at West Brom. :(

Did he get a full pre season? The lads had such bad luck that I've forgotten when he was last 'fully match fit'

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: November 26, 2016, 01:20:42 pm »
Did he get a full pre season?
I'm fairly sure he's had a clear run since Spring now... anyone know different?

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: November 26, 2016, 03:54:27 pm »
Andre Wisdom not getting enough game time for his development at Red Bull Salzburg

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/11/25/ill-judged-loan-move-to-salzburg-stunting-andre-wisdoms-developm/

Think his level is probably the Championship which is where he should've gone in the summer. 

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #105 on: November 26, 2016, 08:29:52 pm »
I suspect something going on behind the scenes there. Could be wrong, but he seemed to be doing fine and then suddenly dropped out of the side.

Not a great sign if he's failing to make the grade at a League 2 outfit.
I've heard his attitude wasn't great in training and he complained when he didn't play at Coventry after his parents had made the trip to watch him.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2016, 12:23:31 pm »

Da Vinci once said Wisdom was the daughter of Experience. It's a shame Andre is finding his mother so elusive.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2016, 12:25:17 pm »
How is Kent getting on, any news on him?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2016, 12:47:01 pm »
How is Kent getting on, any news on him?
He's doing alright. Starting maybe 50% of Barnsley's games, on the bench otherwise, and playing quite well.
Probably not really doing quite enough to suggest he can be a first-team regular though.

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: November 28, 2016, 01:27:36 pm »
Long time RAWK 'lurker' and Morecambe fan here, regarding Jack Dunn                  

At first we thought we'd got a bit of a  gem. He scored a hat-trick in I think in his second game, looked a real handful, good on the ball and a natural finisher, but unfortunately after a bright start his performances tailed off somewhat.                              

His early return was likely down to our financial position - the players were paid late last month and we cancelled the contract of one of our first team regulars, and this may also have been the reason Jack spent his last few games with us as an unused sub (if the amount of his wages payable by us was dependent on appearances)                              
However, it could also simply have been down to performance level -  there would certainly be an argument to say he wasn't deserving of a start in the end, and this in a struggling League 2 team.                  
We have a lad on loan from Tranmere who most of us would consider our 'first choice' striker, which I think puts it into perspective.                  

Jack may prove me wrong and I hope he does, but I can't see anything more than a decent lower league player at best. He's an awful long way away from the first team here.                  

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2016, 03:38:50 pm »

At first we thought we'd got a bit of a  gem. He scored a hat-trick in I think in his second game, looked a real handful, good on the ball and a natural finisher, but unfortunately after a bright start his performances tailed off somewhat.                              

His early return was likely down to our financial position - the players were paid late last month and we cancelled the contract of one of our first team regulars, and this may also have been the reason Jack spent his last few games with us as an unused sub (if the amount of his wages payable by us was dependent on appearances)                              
However, it could also simply have been down to performance level -  there would certainly be an argument to say he wasn't deserving of a start in the end, and this in a struggling League 2 team.                  
We have a lad on loan from Tranmere who most of us would consider our 'first choice' striker, which I think puts it into perspective.                  

Jack may prove me wrong and I hope he does, but I can't see anything more than a decent lower league player at best. He's an awful long way away from the first team here.

Cheers, and welcome
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2016, 05:01:22 pm »

interesting insight cheers

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2016, 09:09:24 pm »
Anyone see Wigans 2nd goal v's Huddersfield? Not sure if Danny Ward should have been bombing out of his goal there or not  ??? He seemed caught between staying or going but then decided to go but got beaten easily by the player. Not exactly helped by his defenders though, the forward was running clear of 3 of them.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2016, 09:14:03 pm »
Anyone see Wigans 2nd goal v's Huddersfield? Not sure if Danny Ward should have been bombing out of his goal there or not  ??? He seemed caught between staying or going but then decided to go but got beaten easily by the player. Not exactly helped by his defenders though, the forward was running clear of 3 of them.

wasn't huddersfield punching above their weight earlier this season? Things are starting to get difficult for them lately.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2016, 09:17:50 pm »
wasn't huddersfield punching above their weight earlier this season? Things are starting to get difficult for them lately.

oh big time. They had a crazy start. But David Wagner said during pre-season if they got offered a top half finish now, he'd snap your hands off for it.  They wher battling relegation last season.

They are having a rough go of it now. And very unlucky so far tonight, blatant peno not given a few mins ago in a game they have dominated. Watching them, you can see Kloppo and Wagner are cut from the same cloth  ;D

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: December 4, 2016, 09:17:27 am »
Awful from Flanagan. Arnautovic went past him like he wasn't there for the second goal.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #116 on: December 4, 2016, 09:49:20 am »
Awful from Flanagan. Arnautovic went past him like he wasn't there for the second goal.

Really don't think he's a player that will play anywhere nearly as well away from Liverpool as he will for us. Whether that actually costs him a future career here, I'm not sure. But I can't see him impressing at Burnley.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: December 4, 2016, 09:56:03 am »
Think with the emergence of trent, flano's days might be numbered.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #118 on: December 4, 2016, 09:58:39 am »
Think with the emergence of trent, flano's days might be numbered.

this must have been apparent in the summer.  he's gone on loan because club were already grooming TAA for the RB role.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #119 on: December 16, 2016, 09:40:34 pm »
Danny Ward has looked good for Huddersfield tonight.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored