Author Topic: Lazar Markovic  (Read 145430 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Lazar Markovic
« Reply #360 on: February 13, 2017, 09:18:37 am »
He's only played twice for them...

Let's see how it goes for the rest of the season.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Real MadRed

• Main Stander
  • After 90 mins of sheer hell u r gonna get thirsty!
« Reply #361 on: February 14, 2017, 01:47:44 am »
I think the pressure is off him there too.  Jury still out for me.

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #362 on: February 14, 2017, 04:43:04 am »
Just a thought- does this lad have the ability to become more of a 3rd midfielder, tidy in possession and capable of bombing forward, rather than an out and out winger, when he cannot get past his man because of his inability to dribble?
When Markovic had his best run as a Reds player, he was playing wingback, keeping it tidy, spreading it well, and making runs forward. I feel that he has the ability to become a player in the mould of Kovacic / Chamberlain, who can pass it well in the middle, and carry the ball forward with pace at times.

Hull papers seem to think he was their best player vs Arsenal, so he is definitely trying to improve there. I dont think Klopp has given up on him yet. Shocked that he is only 22 still !

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #363 on: February 14, 2017, 06:49:36 am »
Just a thought- does this lad have the ability to become more of a 3rd midfielder, tidy in possession and capable of bombing forward, rather than an out and out winger, when he cannot get past his man because of his inability to dribble?
When Markovic had his best run as a Reds player, he was playing wingback, keeping it tidy, spreading it well, and making runs forward. I feel that he has the ability to become a player in the mould of Kovacic / Chamberlain, who can pass it well in the middle, and carry the ball forward with pace at times.

Hull papers seem to think he was their best player vs Arsenal, so he is definitely trying to improve there. I dont think Klopp has given up on him yet. Shocked that he is only 22 still !

There are probably worse players to play the Wijnaldum role in the team right now. If he could be re-tooled a bit to improve his defensive attributes, he might not be worse than Can.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #364 on: February 14, 2017, 08:53:30 am »
There are probably worse players to play the Wijnaldum role in the team right now. If he could be re-tooled a bit to improve his defensive attributes, he might not be worse than Can.
whatever about Wijnaldum he wouldnt work in the can role!

i dont think he would work in either, he needs to be further forward. i think he needs freed up of defensive responsibilities.

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #365 on: February 14, 2017, 11:44:01 am »
Although I expect him to be moved on....he was one of the players I had hoped klopp would use when he came in I have to admit...
Maybe he would have been if he was here last season when klopp chose to have a good look at the whole squad. Guess the pre-season wasn't enough....

I don't know about any attitude problems or anything like that....but I don't judge him for the year he had when he came here because that was a horrible season for a kid to establish himself. The pressure was ridiculously high, he wasn't playing in his favoured position and in the years after he has had a couple injuries that have broken up his loans. He hasn't set the world alight either and that could be his fault, or it could be a confidence thing or both? who knows

drawing a line under all that....fact is he's young still and playing in the premier league right now.

Hopefully he can do well for the remainder of this season for Hull and maybe then klopp can feel he can work with him. If not he's gone anyway so good luck to the kid and hopefully we recoup a lot of money. We don't play Hull again so im all for him ripping apart the rest of the league
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 11:48:50 am by redk84 »
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #366 on: February 14, 2017, 12:26:15 pm »

Klopp and his staff had a good long while to evaluate him, he looks decent going forward, I can only guess that he did not impress them when it came to pressing or tracking back.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: February 14, 2017, 01:22:51 pm »
Klopp and his staff had a good long while to evaluate him, he looks decent going forward, I can only guess that he did not impress them when it came to pressing or tracking back.

Have you watched him play? He presses and tracks regularly, if anything he's better at the defensive side of things than attacking as he's quite timid when it comes to taking players on.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #368 on: February 14, 2017, 01:35:23 pm »
Have you watched him play? He presses and tracks regularly, if anything he's better at the defensive side of things than attacking as he's quite timid when it comes to taking players on.

I have. As I said, I was just guessing.

I have to say I quite liked him attacking in the few roles he got to start off with, but he seemed to lose his confidence after a while. Perhaps there is a pattern in there. He didn't exactly set the heather alight when he was on loan elsewhere. It would be nice to have him as an option from the bench right now to find out, but he seems to be being bombed out. Perhaps it`s just a past regime thing. Hopefully he will continue to shine at Hull and give JK something to think about.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #369 on: February 14, 2017, 02:15:50 pm »

I was starting to think I was the only one that thought this.  He's games that he played rwb, he was never really embarrassed defensively and was hard working.  Think there's a player in there somewhere, it might just be a case of finding a best position for him.  He's a confidence player and the more he plays, the more of his personality you'll see, just don't think it'll be at Liverpool.

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: February 14, 2017, 02:25:52 pm »
I have. As I said, I was just guessing.

I have to say I quite liked him attacking in the few roles he got to start off with, but he seemed to lose his confidence after a while. Perhaps there is a pattern in there. He didn't exactly set the heather alight when he was on loan elsewhere. It would be nice to have him as an option from the bench right now to find out, but he seems to be being bombed out. Perhaps it`s just a past regime thing. Hopefully he will continue to shine at Hull and give JK something to think about.

From everything I've seen he's not the kind to take players on unless there's a lot of space to run in behind them, his play is of the pass and move variety, though whenever he's played for us our movement has been horrible so it's hard to tell how effective he'd be. He's looking improved at Hull because he has that space to move into pretty regularly, which is good for his confidence but doesn't help a huge amount in figuring out whether he'd be a success for us.

It seems like Klopp is intent on only using quite a tight group of players this season rather than rotating in squad options, which is why I think the likes of Ojo and Wilson haven't really had any chances yet. That would explain why he sent Markovic out despite him being one of very few players at the club with pace.

The midfield role shout is a good one, he could fit that Wijnaldum role quite well provided we have someone else like Lallana to provide the spark.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: February 14, 2017, 03:35:57 pm »
He is already playing like Hull's best player, I think if he gets some goals and assists to his game in the rest of the season, Klopp will keep him and rightfully so.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #372 on: February 14, 2017, 03:45:49 pm »
Hes 22, everyone acts as he's 25 or in his peak.
Seen us win everything

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: February 14, 2017, 04:53:51 pm »
Hes 22, everyone acts as he's 25 or in his peak.
I'm nearly 26 Ted, stop speaking to me like I'm 24

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #374 on: February 14, 2017, 04:55:48 pm »
He is already playing like Hull's best player, I think if he gets some goals and assists to his game in the rest of the season, Klopp will keep him and rightfully so.

Or sell him for £15 million - (see Jordan I-bee)
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #375 on: February 14, 2017, 05:06:45 pm »
Or sell him for £15 million - (see Jordan I-bee)
I think this is likely. His form for Hull is simply adding value.

Offline Gitsy606

• Anny Roader
« Reply #376 on: February 14, 2017, 05:31:25 pm »
He's only played twice for them...

Let's see how it goes for the rest of the season.

It is very early days, hopefully he continues to play well and either adds something to the squad next year(unlikely) or commands a decent fee on the back of it.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: February 14, 2017, 05:53:37 pm »
It is very early days, hopefully he continues to play well and either adds something to the squad next year(unlikely) or commands a decent fee on the back of it.
Let's hope so...

But two games isn't good, it isn't bad... it's just two games....

I'm glad they've gone well, but a run to the end of the season would be great.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
« Reply #378 on: February 14, 2017, 06:58:40 pm »
it will be interesting to see if lazar can resurrect his Liverpool career.
dios esta buena

Offline scalatore

• Kopite
« Reply #379 on: February 14, 2017, 07:08:33 pm »
Let's hope so...

I'm glad they've gone well, but a run to the end of the season would be great.
It's actually four games though. Still not a huge sample size, mind.

Offline Andy

• short fingered vulgarian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent.
« Reply #380 on: February 14, 2017, 07:08:50 pm »
Let's hope so...

Would two good games be better than two bad games though?

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: February 14, 2017, 07:17:45 pm »
Would two good games be better than two bad games though?
Such a small sample size that it's pretty much irrelevant either way.
W

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: February 14, 2017, 07:34:02 pm »
Still think there is a lot of talent in there. Hopefully we can bring it to the fore.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #383 on: February 14, 2017, 11:23:01 pm »
it will be interesting to see if lazar can resurrect his Liverpool career.

Is that a Lazarus gag?  ;D ;D
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: February 15, 2017, 11:57:01 am »
I think this is likely. His form for Hull is simply adding value.
need Hull to stay up too

not sure they could afford him if they go down, plus i doubt markovic will want to play in that league.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: February 15, 2017, 02:46:08 pm »
looking at hull fixtures. no idea why i am but i am since Lazar is there

they only face a top 6 team in Man city. Everton is out obviously ;D

The rest are all mid table or relegation candidates. Leicester in that list as well.

I think if Lazar turns up and saves them from relegation, pretty sure he is going to be labelled a legend there.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: February 18, 2017, 07:56:45 pm »
Reminds me of the Thomas Ince situation. We let him go (permanently) and there was a lot of debate to bring him back.

But it's only realising, sometimes you have to let players like that go, to thrive in a less presure environment.

Great it is working for Laz, but quite frankly like Ince, his career will better augment somewhere like Hull.

Can see him getting a move somewhere abroad, but somewhere like Portugal is where i feel he will thrive.
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
« Reply #387 on: February 18, 2017, 08:38:42 pm »
dios esta buena

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #388 on: February 18, 2017, 08:40:26 pm »
looking at hull fixtures. no idea why i am but i am since Lazar is there

they only face a top 6 team in Man city. Everton is out obviously ;D

The rest are all mid table or relegation candidates. Leicester in that list as well.

I think if Lazar turns up and saves them from relegation, pretty sure he is going to be labelled a legend there.

If he does well against mid and relegation teams, well, we need lads who can do well against mid and relegation - they've been a bit of a pain in the arse this season

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: February 18, 2017, 10:07:22 pm »
Reminds me of the Thomas Ince situation. We let him go (permanently) and there was a lot of debate to bring him back.

But it's only realising, sometimes you have to let players like that go, to thrive in a less presure environment.

Great it is working for Laz, but quite frankly like Ince, his career will better augment somewhere like Hull.

Can see him getting a move somewhere abroad, but somewhere like Portugal is where i feel he will thrive.
he just came back from Portugal and was shite there

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: February 18, 2017, 10:11:54 pm »
he just came back from Portugal and was shite there
Oh yes definitely, but i mean in terms of a European league that isn't the big  stereotypical Bundesliga, La liga etc, Portugal being obviously not being that one, my bad.
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: February 18, 2017, 10:56:33 pm »
If he does well against mid and relegation teams, well, we need lads who can do well against mid and relegation - they've been a bit of a pain in the arse this season

There's a big difference between doing well against those teams while playing for a team in the relegation zone and doing well against them playing for a team at the top of the table.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #392 on: February 18, 2017, 11:10:53 pm »
He's found his level.  Let him be.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #393 on: February 19, 2017, 11:50:24 am »
He ran over my cat.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: February 26, 2017, 12:58:03 pm »
Late knock so he didn't play yesterday

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: May 19, 2017, 02:36:06 pm »
Lazar Markovic returns to Liverpool as Hull City stay ended

Posted: May 19, 2017
By James Smailes

Lazar Markovic's loan spell at Hull City has already been brought to an end after the midfielder returned to parent club Liverpool today.

The 23-year-old Serbian international is understood to have not been in consideration to feature for the Tigers in their final game of the season at home to Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday after picking up an injury which ruled him out the game.

Having been set to return to Liverpool following the conclusion of Sunday's game, Markovic has returned to his parent club's Melwood training base to begin his rehabilitation.

Brought into Hull in the January transfer window by boss Marco Silva after spending the first half of the season on loan at Sporting Lisbon, Markovic made his City debut in the EFL Cup victory over Manchester United at the KCOM Stadium, going on to play 14 times and scoring two goals.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/lazar-markovic-returns-to-liverpool-as-hull-city-stay-ended/story-30342735-detail/story.html

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: May 19, 2017, 03:19:57 pm »
Is he a PL level player? Or does he need to move to another league to play in a top flight? I'd hope we can recover 10 of the 20 we absolutely wasted on him

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #397 on: May 19, 2017, 03:24:43 pm »
Is he a PL level player? Or does he need to move to another league to play in a top flight? I'd hope we can recover 10 of the 20 we absolutely wasted on him

Is he definitely surplus to requirements here? Can't say I saw anything of Hull but he seemed to do OK there. We need more bodies in the squad,  could we use him next season? *

*I'm assuming we will also he looking to make new signings in his position,  just conscious we need a lot more depth than we currently do. Had we had him from January,  I'm sure he would have featured a bit, even off the bench.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: May 19, 2017, 03:36:46 pm »

Based on his performances at Hull, he is. Even if he doesn't stay at LFC, we will get decent money for him in the summer from some Premier League club. In a league where Ibe is worth £15 million, Markovic is worth more.

Online plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: May 19, 2017, 03:54:38 pm »
Based on his performances at Hull, he is. Even if he doesn't stay at LFC, we will get decent money for him in the summer from some Premier League club. In a league where Ibe is worth £15 million, Markovic is worth more.

Ibe has something Lazar don't. Englishness. That's worth 50% of Ibe's transfer fee. I reckon we can get between £10-15m for him tops. Which wouldn't be too bad.