Author Topic: So the commercial office of LIVERPOOL FC will be London huh  (Read 101251 times)

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
So the commercial office of LIVERPOOL FC will be London huh
« on: October 13, 2014, 02:48:06 pm »
Really interesting interview with Billy Hogan today, seems like a smart cookie.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive---580-million-reasons-7922473

Forgive me if I'm considerably less than underwhelmed that the Chief Commercial Officer of LIVERPOOL football Club is relocating from Boston to fucking London. Some message that sends out. I presume the commercial epicentre of The BOSTON Red Sox was New York or Washington.

As a full red blooded and passionate LIVERPUDLIAN - both city and footy club - I think it's a load of absolute fuckin shite and those responsible should hang their heads in fucking shame to entertain such a move for even a fleeting second.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 09:47:37 pm by Timbo's Goals »

Offline Jay012345

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • How many topics?
Re: So the commercial epicentre of LIVERPOOL FC will be London huh
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 03:02:08 pm »
Considering the UK's centre of business is in London, and I'm talking head offices for sponsors and other commercial businesses we want to work with, then yes, it does make sense from a business perspective, which I think we all now understand is important for our club to be successful.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 03:02:40 pm »
I understand the frustration and i'd love the club to be making jobs for locals but I sort of understand why it's being done.

It is being done because it's easier to sort corporate deals and have meetings with potential partners in London, as it might be more difficult to attract them coming up to Liverpool.

I mean if possible i'm sure they'd prefer the office to be here, if only for the fact that they could offer lower wages + the property would be cheaper to buy.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 03:04:47 pm »
Forgive me if I'm considerably less than underwhelmed that the Chief Commercial Officer of LIVERPOOL football Club is relocating from Boston to fucking London. Some message that sends out. I presume the commercial epicentre of The BOSTON Red Sox was New York or Washington.

As a full red blooded and passionate LIVERPUDLIAN - both city and footy club - I think it's a load of absolute fuckin shite and those responsible should hang their heads in fucking shame to entertain such a move for even a fleeting second.

Indeed . He makes mention of the reasons for the London base , but doesn't really forward any form of compelling argument .
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 03:04:53 pm »
Craig!!!!!
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 03:06:08 pm »
Craig!!!!!

He won't be on for a while. He is moving to London at the moment, just got a new job down there apparently.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 03:07:00 pm »
Indeed . He makes mention of the reasons for the London base , but doesn't really forward any form of compelling argument .

Absolutely.

Strikes me its a sop to entice Billy fuckin Bullshit Hogan to the UK.

Stinks to high heaven.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2014, 03:07:56 pm »
Makes sense to me, with London being one of the most important cities in the world.

If it continues to help the club, I don't really see what the big deal is.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2014, 03:08:11 pm »
Why is this on two threads now?

Total non-issue for me, it makes perfect sense. London is the financial centre, meetings with UK and international partners will be much easier.

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2014, 03:11:07 pm »

Total non-issue for me, it makes perfect sense. London is the financial centre, meetings with UK and international partners will be much easier.

In this modern day of communications - nah . Part of the reasion why the UK has one of the most centralised economies in the wertern world .
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2014, 03:11:23 pm »
Makes sense to me, with London being one of the most important cities in the world.

Boom shakalaka end thread.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2014, 03:12:31 pm »
Absolutely.

Stinks to high heaven.

He doesn't actually present any argument at all. From a commercial perspective - how I despise the commercial aspect - a satellite London office makes sense but to send out the message that you intend the commercial hub of LIVERPOOL FC to be in London is sacreligious.

As I say, would FSG tolerate New York as the commercial HQ of the Boston Red Sox. Would they fuck.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2014, 03:14:18 pm »

So why not just move the entire club down to YOUR neck of the woods then?

:)

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2014, 03:15:17 pm »

Total non-issue for me,

You're a fuckin mod on the premier LFC site

And you see no issue here?

FUCK ME

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2014, 03:16:19 pm »

It's been known to happen in the good 'ole US of A

Offline richmond-red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A stranger in a strange land.
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2014, 03:17:09 pm »
It's been known to happen in the good 'ole US of A
Doesn't make it right!

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2014, 03:17:27 pm »
He won't be on for a while. He is moving to London at the moment, just got a new job down there apparently.

Kuala Lumpur, Dublin, London, he must be fucked

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2014, 03:18:03 pm »

Evidently from what big fuckin Billy says around one in twelve of the earth's population is a Red. Ergo let's move the club to where the majority of them live. That'd help the club no fuckin end. Surely?

China?

India?

Online Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2014, 03:20:18 pm »

Took the words out of my mouth. Someone needs to tell these fuckers that the club is called Liverpool FC and fundamentally represents the people of this great city.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2014, 03:20:21 pm »
Mighty Red will also be moving there. Be happy lads.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2014, 03:20:25 pm »
He doesn't actually present any argument at all. From a commercial perspective - how I despise the commercial aspect - a satellite London office makes sense but to send out the message that you intend the commercial hub of LIVERPOOL FC to be in London is sacreligious.

As I say, would FSG tolerate New York as the commercial HQ of the Boston Red Sox. Would they fuck.

You can despise the commercial aspect all you want, I imagine most of us do, but it doesn't stop it being important. London is a financial capital where it'll be easier to attract partners and have meeting, so it makes perfect sense for it to be there.

One of the major reasons the club hasn't won a title in 25 years is because we fell behind commercially as United and others started pushing hard around the corners of the globe, these are the decisions the club needs to take for us to be able to compete at the top because we can't just pour in millions like City or Chelsea.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2014, 03:21:39 pm »

Sorry, I'm not going to dignify that with a response other than that you're being obtuse.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2014, 03:24:01 pm »
Took the words out of my mouth. Someone needs to tell these fuckers that the club is called Liverpool FC and fundamentally represents the people of this great city.
So the COMMERCIAL arm of the club is moving to one of the worlds premier financial hubs. So that we as a club may grow which will help us on the field. Which I presume we all want.  All the big boys are down in London mate. it's just the way it is.

Offline Bonaqua

• Kopite
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2014, 03:24:07 pm »
Evidently from what big fuckin Billy says around one in twelve of the earth's population is a Red. Ergo let's move the club to where the majority of them live. That'd help the club no fuckin end. Surely?

China?

India?

Yes. We should open offices there too if we havent already.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2014, 03:25:27 pm »

China?

India?
Add Malaysia, Indonesia, Australia and yes, it would make sense to have OFFICES in all of those.

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2014, 03:26:10 pm »
Doesn't make it right!

Course it doesn't . The Brooklyn Dodgers never got over it !

You can despise the commercial aspect all you want, I imagine most of us do, but it doesn't stop it being important. London is a financial capital where it'll be easier to attract partners and have meeting, so it makes perfect sense for it to be there.

One of the major reasons the club hasn't won a title in 25 years is because we fell behind commercially as United and others started pushing hard around the corners of the globe, these are the decisions the club needs to take for us to be able to compete at the top because we can't just pour in millions like City or Chelsea.

There are many reasons for Liverpool not winning the title in the laste 25 years , but not having a commercial hub in London is not one of them .

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2014, 03:26:12 pm »
So the COMMERCIAL arm of the club is moving to one of the worlds premier financial hubs. So that we as a club may grow which will help us on the field. Which I presume we all want.
In one. You'd think the stadium was being moved, the hysteria on here.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2014, 03:26:56 pm »

China?

India?

London as the commercial city makes much more sense than Shanghai or Mumbai, let's not be hysterical here.

But having some kind of 'arm' of the club in those cities sounds like a pretty good idea to me though.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2014, 03:27:07 pm »

China?

India?

It's not about "moving" to where the fans live, it's about moving to where the financial deals can be best sorted.

Last I checked Anfield was still in Liverpool, and isn't moving anywhere

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2014, 03:28:22 pm »

Stinks to high heaven.

Whatcha gonna do?

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2014, 03:29:09 pm »

The bit in bold...come on, you're going way OTT now.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2014, 03:29:10 pm »
Course it doesn't . The Brooklyn Dodgers never got over it !

There are many reasons for Liverpool not winning the title in the laste 25 years , but not having a commercial hub in London is not one of them .

My point was more of a broader one about Liverpool refusing to adapt and move forward with the game and capitalise on the commercial appeal of the club, hence why Man Utd are able to go out and spend £62m on a player despite not having CL football. It's an area we've been shit in for a long time, and i'm happy it's one that's getting sorted.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2014, 03:29:25 pm »
Sorry, I'm not going to dignify that with a response other than that you're being obtuse.

Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Wernerred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2014, 03:31:07 pm »

Has Uniteds commercial centre been moved to London?

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2014, 03:31:44 pm »

Fuck it is it too late to put a bid in for the Olympic stadium? Let's move down there lock stock and barrel. Or build a new stadium near Heathrow for our global fanbase to jet in. Jobs a good 'un

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2014, 03:32:19 pm »
My point was more of a broader one about Liverpool refusing to adapt and move forward with the game and capitalise on the commercial appeal of the club, hence why Man Utd are able to go out and spend £62m on a player despite not having CL football. It's an area we've been shit in for a long time, and i'm happy it's one that's getting sorted.

Absolutely bang on the money. We stood still in the 90's where as United didn't and they got a massive head start. We really can't be left behind anymore unless some Sheikh takes us over and I presume we don't want that and become something likes of Man  City and the plastics.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2014, 03:32:37 pm »
Has Uniteds commercial centre been moved to London?

Yep. They have offices down there too.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2014, 03:32:59 pm »
Fucking hell, is it national hyperbole day or something?

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2014, 03:33:19 pm »
:lmao