Author Topic: Mini Bluetooth speakers  (Read 2413 times)

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
Mini Bluetooth speakers
« on: March 11, 2014, 11:27:14 am »
After one so i can stream music from my macbook or my iPhone

haven't got a clue which one to get though!!

Was looking at this in work
http://www.tesco.com/direct/hmdx-jam-plus-wireless-bluetooth-speaker-hx-p240gy-blue/145-8276.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=145-8276

but can't find any reviews

Any recommendations?

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Mini Bluetooth speakers
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 08:40:37 pm »
I've got one of these

http://www.johnlewis.com/jbl-charge-bluetooth-wireless-speaker-black-white/p651066?kpid=232162309&s_kenid=7b7acaeb-01ac-0ec8-e24b-0000351eab52&s_kwcid=128x50595&tmad=c&tmcampid=73

And honestly its almost as good as my 5.1 surround sound. Really clear sound, good solid bass. Superb bit of kit.

Offline Ryde-On

• Kicks off down Mathew Street if he hasn't managed to pull a clap-ridden whore on a Saturday
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aye.
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 11:31:07 am »
I have the Bose Soundlink Mini.  They're amazing - take them all over the world with me (and the house!).  Ultra-reliable, great battery and, most importantly, fantastic sound.  Worth every penny.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bose-SoundLink-Mini-Bluetooth-Speaker/dp/B00D42A8J4/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1394623854&sr=1-1&keywords=bose+soundlink+mini

Offline BigYan

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 11:45:31 am »
i also recommend the bose soundlink mini, very powerful piece of kit

Offline Rococo

• mo-sissoko
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 12:42:54 pm »
Pretty cheap, but I've got a KitSound Boombar.

The one I got was even cheaper as the manufacturers were selling them (on amazon)  unbranded from China for about £15

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 03:35:34 pm »
I have the Bose Soundlink Mini.  They're amazing - take them all over the world with me (and the house!).  Ultra-reliable, great battery and, most importantly, fantastic sound.  Worth every penny.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bose-SoundLink-Mini-Bluetooth-Speaker/dp/B00D42A8J4/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1394623854&sr=1-1&keywords=bose+soundlink+mini

Too big and way over my budget, Was thinking of something small thats handy to take down the beach too!

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 03:55:11 pm »
I have the HMDX Jam.... got it for £12 on ebay, They're usually a bit more and it's fantastic

http://www.amazon.co.uk/HMDX-HX-P230RDA-EU-Wireless-Portable-Speaker/dp/B0091REETG

You wont be disappointed with the sound, if you just want a small, decent sound speaker.
If you want to fill a room and have a party with it, not gonna happen... but it's great and much louder than its size suggests.

And yes, the Jam Plus is better as you can pair two of them to one device.

I'd say go for it.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 03:57:25 pm by johnsmithlfc »
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 04:44:23 pm »
I bought this IPX 5 Water-Resistant box a month ago and been happy with it so far.

http://technoodling.net/review-braven-440-hd-wireless-speakerspeakerphoneportable-charger/
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2014, 07:01:41 pm »
I have the HMDX Jam.... got it for £12 on ebay, They're usually a bit more and it's fantastic

http://www.amazon.co.uk/HMDX-HX-P230RDA-EU-Wireless-Portable-Speaker/dp/B0091REETG

You wont be disappointed with the sound, if you just want a small, decent sound speaker.
If you want to fill a room and have a party with it, not gonna happen... but it's great and much louder than its size suggests.

And yes, the Jam Plus is better as you can pair two of them to one device.

I'd say go for it.

Also got one of these.  Superb for the price.  4 hours battery power.  Not amazing sound but good enough and great to take out in the garden when it's BBQ weather!

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2015, 04:18:52 pm »
This seemed an appropriate topic to bump.

Can Bluetooth speaks be used to extend an audio setup, or only as a one-or-the-other option?

My docking station (a Bayan Audio 7) is great for my living room, but I can't turn it up enough to have the audio continue into the kitchen without risking it being too noisy for the neighbour (small flat) - it'd be handy to have a small speaker setup in the kitchen so that I can have continuous playback.

Is this how they can work?

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2016, 03:22:39 am »
I still haven't bought a speaker, Just can't decide which one to get!

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2016, 05:26:40 pm »
I still haven't bought a speaker, Just can't decide which one to get!
Two years on...that's some impressive indecision.

I'm in the same boat. Just need some small speakers for a small room. Like the look of the Bose ones mentioned earlier.

Online Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2017, 04:44:35 pm »
So to describe what I want as a "mini-speaker" is a bit of a push, but I'm looking for an alternative to the Marshall Stanmore speaker. I had it for maybe 4 months before it packed in and want a reliable replacement for around £250 (have a bit of give). Any sugggestions?

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2017, 06:55:03 pm »
Depends how much you want to spend. My dad bought me a Bose Soundlink Mini 2 for xmas and it's excellent. You can go into the Bose shop near Liverpool One and listen to one as well, really can't recommend it enough.

http://www.johnlewis.com/bose-soundlink-mini-ii-bluetooth-portable-speaker-with-built-in-speakerphone/p2041682?colour=Black
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 06:56:59 pm by sminp »
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2017, 07:51:45 pm »
So to describe what I want as a "mini-speaker" is a bit of a push, but I'm looking for an alternative to the Marshall Stanmore speaker. I had it for maybe 4 months before it packed in and want a reliable replacement for around £250 (have a bit of give). Any sugggestions?

https://www.cnet.com/uk/topics/speakers/best-speakers/bluetooth/

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2017, 10:53:16 am »
Yet another who heartily recommends Bose soundlink. I've had mine for a few years now and have got an enormous amount use out of it, take it everywhere.  Excellent sound whether it's was in my old, pokey little kitchen or blasting out at the works canteen for quiz/social nights.

Worth every penny.

Online Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2017, 09:45:51 am »
Considering Boss Soundtouch 30. Anyone got any experience with it?

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2017, 05:15:12 pm »
I bought the wife a pair of Soundtouch 10s. Unbelievable bits of kit. i'm no audiophile mind, they do start wobbling a bit near the top of the volume settings (but prolonged usage at that level will render you deaf pretty quickly).
Get yourself to Currys or John Lewis and have a listen. The Sonos stuff is good too.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2017, 08:02:52 pm »
Considering Boss Soundtouch 30. Anyone got any experience with it?

Go into the Bose shop in town, they'll let you have a listen
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Online Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2017, 11:37:28 am »
Cheers  :)

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2017, 02:12:41 pm »
I've got 2 of these https://www.beoplay.com/products/beoplays3
set up to either play in stereo (they're only mono on their own), or can have them each in a separate room at once. The sound out of them is superb, even when using just one on it's own. I think you can link more than 2 together, too.

Online Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2017, 11:24:52 am »
Bought an Anker SoundCore speaker recently. My brother-in-law had one on holiday with him in the summer, and I was amazed at the quality of it. And the loudness too, which sometimes doesn't really go hand in hand.

Only £30.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-SoundCore-Dual-Driver-Distortion-Microphone/dp/B016MO90GW/ref=pd_lpo_107_bs_lp_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=2N5Q0E54CVA5PN848A06