Author Topic: Daniel Sturridge  (Read 387958 times)

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
Re: Daniel Sturridge in decline: Speed statistics highlight the problem
« Reply #880 on: April 25, 2017, 11:15:17 pm »
I would keep hold.
Way I see it is he will be replaced and if he's out of sight he's out of mind. When he's fit stick him on the bench as an option. The rest of the time just forget about him and concentrate on the first team.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #881 on: April 25, 2017, 11:31:27 pm »
Dont know why his wages bother anyone. Id be happy for him to be on 150k a week on the bench. We'd be paid back in spades. The problem is he can't make the bench due to injuries.     The biggest issue is he got a major hip operation to fix his problems.  It's now his hip that's causing problems.  Its not all in his imagination as some would suggest.  Surgeons don't operate on imaginary problems.  The club wouldn't rule him out for the rest of the season with imaginary problems.
He'll be sold if he can pass a medical. He'll be bought if he can pass a medical.  The question is can a player with serious hip problems pass a medical?

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #882 on: April 25, 2017, 11:57:58 pm »
Dont know why his wages bother anyone. Id be happy for him to be on 150k a week on the bench. We'd be paid back in spades. The problem is he can't make the bench due to injuries.     The biggest issue is he got a major hip operation to fix his problems.  It's now his hip that's causing problems.  Its not all in his imagination as some would suggest.  Surgeons don't operate on imaginary problems.  The club wouldn't rule him out for the rest of the season with imaginary problems.
He'll be sold if he can pass a medical. He'll be bought if he can pass a medical.  The question is can a player with serious hip problems pass a medical?

I am struggling to understand how a player being paid £150k a week can sit on the bench yet  "pay us back in spades?"

He is complaining of a "sore hip", not something that a medical can determine one way or another. A sore hip is not a serious hip problem.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #883 on: April 26, 2017, 12:13:15 am »
Yeah, just having a bit fun in this shite situation. I remember Aurelio being spoken about in the same superlatives as Sturridge. Back then we didn't have a striker problem, we had a left back problem and we all loved to talk about how when Aurelio gets fit, we'll be challenging.

The more a player is injured, the better he becomes.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #884 on: April 26, 2017, 12:30:20 am »
I am struggling to understand how a player being paid £150k a week can sit on the bench yet  "pay us back in spades?"

He is complaining of a "sore hip", not something that a medical can determine one way or another. A sore hip is not a serious hip problem.

Its pretty simple. We'd have a quality player to call on when needed. Of course him being injured all the time means we dont. Small team mentality worrying what the players on the bench earn. Match winners are worth the money.   I'll bet the mancs are gutted by shrek and Martials wages after they both scored when called upon. We'll probably have a low earner on the bench next year.  We could even be contenders for the frugal bench of the year award. The open top bus parade for that will be awesome.

Its a hip he had a major operation on. Its continued to give trouble so it does appear to be a major issue. Its given trouble all his career.
I mean I could say a sore foot is not a major foot problem in relation to Henderson.  It obviously is. But even that can't be compared to the problems Sturridge has had with his hip.
So i reiterate a fit and firing Sturridge would pay us back in spades even if he wasn't first choice. But we'll never see it.

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #885 on: April 26, 2017, 01:21:56 am »
See Adam Lallana as an example

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #886 on: April 26, 2017, 08:50:56 am »
Henderson too, id a mate saying at the start of the season how shit he was and how shit we were to have him captain

he is now gutted henderson is injured.
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #887 on: April 26, 2017, 09:11:07 am »
Its pretty simple. We'd have a quality player to call on when needed. Of course him being injured all the time means we don't.
I agree.

Offline Day1983

• Main Stander
« Reply #888 on: April 26, 2017, 10:50:54 am »
Quality player?? It's like no one has seen him play recently, he looks like he can barely run. He's finished.

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #889 on: April 26, 2017, 02:43:14 pm »
Trained alone today. Thought he was totally out for the season.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #890 on: April 26, 2017, 02:46:49 pm »
Trained alone today. Thought he was totally out for the season.
was only a light session

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!

Offline M7 Heckler

• Anny Roader
« Reply #892 on: April 26, 2017, 03:15:06 pm »
Its pretty simple. We'd have a quality player to call on when needed. Of course him being injured all the time means we dont. Small team mentality worrying what the players on the bench earn. Match winners are worth the money.   I'll bet the mancs are gutted by shrek and Martials wages after they both scored when called upon. We'll probably have a low earner on the bench next year.  We could even be contenders for the frugal bench of the year award. The open top bus parade for that will be awesome.

Its a hip he had a major operation on. Its continued to give trouble so it does appear to be a major issue. Its given trouble all his career.
I mean I could say a sore foot is not a major foot problem in relation to Henderson.  It obviously is. But even that can't be compared to the problems Sturridge has had with his hip.
So i reiterate a fit and firing Sturridge would pay us back in spades even if he wasn't first choice. But we'll never see it.

The issue is the opportunity cost though. 150k a week pays for a top class player who can stay fit. Sturridge's salary is holding us back in the transfer windows at the moment. If we bin him and Danny Ings we could afford to pay Aguero-level wages to our shiny new striker in the summer. We cant have our highest earners not contributing.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 03:16:56 pm by M7 Heckler »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #893 on: April 26, 2017, 03:15:18 pm »
He's alive???!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline M7 Heckler

• Anny Roader
« Reply #894 on: April 26, 2017, 03:18:18 pm »
LOL @ the idea of us paying anyone aguero level wages.

You laugh but its not really out of the question when we can free up around 200k a week by offloading 2 players who never play for us.

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #895 on: April 26, 2017, 03:37:24 pm »
makes zero difference at this point. But apparently he could still play a part in remaining games.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/daniel-sturridge-back-liverpool-training-12948190

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #896 on: April 26, 2017, 03:38:06 pm »
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #897 on: April 26, 2017, 03:40:06 pm »
There is still a small part of me that gets optimistic when I see he is back in training. Who knows maybe he can play a part in the last few games.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #898 on: April 26, 2017, 03:40:54 pm »
It would be great if he was available for the remaining games, still expect him to off in the summer.

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #899 on: April 26, 2017, 03:41:53 pm »
There is still a small part of me that gets optimistic when I see he is back in training. Who knows maybe he can play a part in the last few games.

It's the hope that kills. :-X

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #900 on: April 26, 2017, 03:51:50 pm »
You laugh but its not really out of the question when we can free up around 200k a week by offloading 2 players who never play for us.
It's not just one player though is it - we change our wage structure you'll have Coutinho/Fermino/Mane knocking on the door demanding parity.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #901 on: April 26, 2017, 04:20:55 pm »
makes zero difference at this point. But apparently he could still play a part in remaining games.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/daniel-sturridge-back-liverpool-training-12948190

It could make a lot of difference. He is still feared by many defrnces so even if he is playing 15 minutes it can have an impact. Whilst he wont work defences too hard, no one is leaving him free and he certainly knows which positions to take up into the box.

Online plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #902 on: April 26, 2017, 04:24:15 pm »
If we are in such a fortunate situation that we can afford having on the bench then fine. Obviously we don't.
No point in keeping him then, even if I love to have him as an option in the future. Sell him. Hopefully West Ham or some other team can make us a favour for some big £££

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #903 on: April 26, 2017, 05:32:08 pm »
It's true - having him available at least give us a realistic option for scoring a goal even if it's only 15-20 minutes he can play.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #904 on: April 26, 2017, 05:51:15 pm »
The issue is the opportunity cost though. 150k a week pays for a top class player who can stay fit. Sturridge's salary is holding us back in the transfer windows at the moment. If we bin him and Danny Ings we could afford to pay Aguero-level wages to our shiny new striker in the summer. We cant have our highest earners not contributing.

Well my point was he's not worth the money because hes not available. If we brought back Suarez in some sort of dream scenario I wouldn't give a toss what it cost to keep Firmino on the bench. Having cheapo options  as cover on the bench has cost us the title before.  Hopefully we don't go into next season with that small club mentality again after Sturridge inevitably leaves.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #905 on: April 26, 2017, 05:53:45 pm »
The utter fume when he's here on the 1st of September
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #906 on: April 26, 2017, 05:54:55 pm »

Hes joining RAWK? :)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #907 on: April 26, 2017, 06:07:04 pm »

He won't be here on September the 1st. He has had his injury troubles but he has had 22 appearances and clubs will look at the number of times he wasn't selected or on the bench.

Plus he is 27 and a level of talent that clubs like West Ham can only dream to attract. I don't think we will be short of offers. We may have to agree to pay a part of his wages, but he will be sold.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #908 on: April 26, 2017, 07:29:05 pm »

I wouldn't mind if he was still here as long as we replace him.

Offline Digger2God

• Legacy Fan
  • Believe IT!
« Reply #909 on: April 26, 2017, 07:56:54 pm »

Not sure why anyone would be fuming much to be honest. If we bring in a couple of wingers and a top striker this window, I would not mind having the luxury of Daniel Sturridge make his 20 appearances a season across all competitions. Top scorer in the FA cup?
"How many do you want?! How MANY do you want?"

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #910 on: April 26, 2017, 08:51:25 pm »
Hes joining RAWK? :)
his wrist will shatter after 4 posts and he won't post again til xmas

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #911 on: April 26, 2017, 08:55:32 pm »

:lmao

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #912 on: April 26, 2017, 09:59:26 pm »

But while hes' here I can't wait to see him spar with Al.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #913 on: April 26, 2017, 10:05:42 pm »
But while hes' here I can't wait to see him spar with Al.

You want him to break his spirit too?

Offline Dodge City

• Kemlynite
  • Weasel Fighter
« Reply #914 on: April 26, 2017, 11:03:52 pm »
I want rid of him.

Sorry superfans - but I do. He is taking up a space that a useful resource could occupy.

West Ham can massage his 'sore hip'.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #915 on: April 26, 2017, 11:35:27 pm »
You want him to break his spirit too?

If only we had an old man in a cell who could punch body parts into working again...

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarįs Solo
« Reply #916 on: April 27, 2017, 09:41:40 am »
I want rid of him.

Sorry superfans - but I do. He is taking up a space that a useful resource could occupy.

West Ham can massage his 'sore hip'.
"rid of him"

"superfans", who would appear to be some people saying we really need a replacement now who can stay fit, but let's just have some respect for a talented Liverpool player beset by injuries to the extent that it has all but ruined an extremely promising potential career at the very highest level of the game

"'sore hip'", as if to suggest he underwent invasive surgery simply to maintain an elaborate lie

Yep, good to have you onboard  :P
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Day1983

• Main Stander
« Reply #917 on: April 27, 2017, 11:49:48 am »
"rid of him"

"superfans", who would appear to be some people saying we really need a replacement now who can stay fit, but let's just have some respect for a talented Liverpool player beset by injuries to the extent that it has all but ruined an extremely promising potential career at the very highest level of the game

"'sore hip'", as if to suggest he underwent invasive surgery simply to maintain an elaborate lie

What's wrong with saying 'rid of him'?. Why should we respect him because he's been injured? He's an LFC employee earning an insane amount of money and is injured all the time!

Yep, good to have you onboard  :P

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #918 on: April 27, 2017, 11:54:32 am »
Love him but would sell him. Admittedly I hope he tries himself abroad as opposed to taking the easy route and going to play for those massive Tories at West Ham.

It's just a shame it's all fizzled out here. For me he's the second most talented striker I've seen for us in my lifetime.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #919 on: April 27, 2017, 12:08:24 pm »
I wouldn't mind if he was still here as long as we replace him.

I would mate as we'd be spunking a lot on wages if he's been replaced and cant even make the bench because of that or injuries.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.