Author Topic: Anime Anyone?  (Read 79534 times)

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Anime Anyone?
« Reply #280 on: January 21, 2014, 02:53:31 pm »
Finally watching Berserk. Only 25 episodes though.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #281 on: January 21, 2014, 03:23:05 pm »
They're re-doing it in movie form (as the manga is ongoing still, even now? I think it started in like 1988). There's three of them so far I think, might be worth giving them a go once you've watched the anime?

Offline Red James

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: January 21, 2014, 06:26:46 pm »
After 3 episodes, I can say that Space Dandy is amazing!  I haven't laughed this hard at anything in ages.  It took a bit for me to get used to the Looney Tunes type humor, but it's brilliantly animated, and even without a plot, the writing and direction are outstanding.  Boobies!

Also enjoying Log Horizon for its brilliant premise and story.

Butts > Boobies.

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #283 on: January 21, 2014, 07:18:22 pm »
I saw this:

And immediately thought of this:

Whoa Geordi!
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #284 on: February 6, 2014, 09:31:34 am »
Here are some anime I have been watching that I would recommend to people, just my preferences though but really enjoying these at the mo!

Work Shop Witches
Nobunagun
Nobunaga The Fool
Buddy Complex
Hamatora (just started this one, like the idea of it, animation style is cool also)
Magical Warfare
Wizard Barristers (another one I just started but also cool idea/animation... a lot of magic related anime at the mo!)

Black Bullet is starting in April and looks cool as well
Soul Eater Not! the follow up to Soul Eater is coming this year also, should be good, first one was boss anyway

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #285 on: February 6, 2014, 04:20:22 pm »
A few months ago, I started the ultimate binge viewing: 625 episodes of "One Piece."
Love it to death. Obviously I was late to the party  :wave but it is epic.
It really massively sucks to have to wait a week between episodes.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #286 on: February 6, 2014, 04:47:26 pm »
Love one piece. Rewatched 400 odd episodes ages ago when I was bed ridden for two weeks. Tis hilarious.
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: February 6, 2014, 04:52:35 pm »
Love one piece. Rewatched 400 odd episodes ages ago when I was bed ridden for two weeks. Tis hilarious.

It really is hilarious, but it's also just really well-made and the characters are a lot more fleshed-out than I ever thought they would be. That scene where they said goodbye to Vivi had me watery-eyed. I'm a soft fucker haha

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #288 on: May 3, 2014, 05:57:25 am »
Anyone else watching the new Spring shows?  What have you seen and what do you like so far?

What I've seen so far:

Black Bullet - meh.  A bit sick of moe lolita superpowered girls who haven't taken over the world by themselves.

Brynhildr In The Darkness - It's was really slow going to start, but it's finally getting interesting after 3 episodes, but hampered by so-so writing and direction

Captain Earth - On the surface, it's yet another mecha anime, but a goofy sense of optimism and a heavenly musical score, and just the right touch in the writing have won me over.

Isshykan (One Week) Friends - Limited concept.  I don't feel like watching after 2 episodes

of the series continuing through Spring, I'm only following Kamen Rider Gaim
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: September 14, 2014, 02:38:12 pm »
Thanks to netflix Ive been watching Hunter x Hunter.  On the second series now and flying through it.  Noticed gurren laggen is now on there and kill la kill.  Which one should I watch?

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: September 14, 2014, 02:53:42 pm »
You should absolutely watch Gurren Lagann first ,it's fucking phenomenal. KLK is good, but TTGL's on another level.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #291 on: September 14, 2014, 03:25:50 pm »
Yeah they're from the same creative teams but I found KLK a bit... ADHD for me? Literally not one second in an ep where it just slows down the pace. I tried watching it whilst eating something and just couldn't pay attention to the subs and eat my food at the same time ;D

TTGL is absolutely immense, I would put it down as one of the top five anime shows of all the times.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: September 14, 2014, 03:37:23 pm »
Well still got 3 seasons of Hunter x hunter to go first.  Dont think it'll be long before its rinsed.  Not been watching any anime for a while and seen those on netflix an heard good things about them.  Glad I've started watching them again now.  Think watching the whole of DBZ again last time killed me off anime for a while!

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: September 14, 2014, 03:42:00 pm »
What is TTGL?

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: September 14, 2014, 03:47:49 pm »
Also watched Knights of Sidonia recently which was a decent watch for anyone looking for anything fairly new.

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: September 14, 2014, 03:51:50 pm »
Is that the '99 version, or the 2011 version of HxH on netflix?

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: September 14, 2014, 03:52:50 pm »
Is that the '99 version, or the 2011 version of HxH on netflix?

2011.  Is there a massive difference?

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: September 14, 2014, 04:10:04 pm »
2011.  Is there a massive difference?

Nah, not really. Unless you really, really enjoy it and want to go back and watch the older version and debate minor changes/details, I wouldn't worry about it. I think the 2011 version's only got about 2 or 3 episodes left then it's done, and we'll probably have to wait another decade for yet another reboot, once the author of the manga's gotten more of the story out. Fuck me he is slow.

Weird that there's new chapters of Berserk and Hunter x Hunter coming out, and there's a new Sailor Moon series on at the moment. It's like I've gone back in time or something.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #299 on: September 14, 2014, 04:16:57 pm »
Akame Ga Kill! is good so far

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: September 14, 2014, 05:48:32 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gurren_Lagann

Cheers for that MK. I have to say, I'm not a big fan of mecha at all, but I'll give that a watch at some point. In the past two years, the good ones I have seen have been:

One Piece (my favourite thing since "Gatchaman")
Another (a kind of teen murder/ghost story: excellent art + story)
High School of the Dead (nice boobs-and-panties-centric zombie fighting)
Nabari no Ou (the story didn't make a lot of sense - a pretty typical anime storyline in a lot of ways - but the opening song kicks total ass and it is well-drawn and interesting enough)
Hyakka Ryōran: Samurai Girls (good stupid fun)
Sword Art Online (got worse in its second series, but worth a watch)

I know I am forgetting some, but those are the ones off the top of my head.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #301 on: September 15, 2014, 02:01:55 am »
A few months ago, I started the ultimate binge viewing: 625 episodes of "One Piece."
Love it to death. Obviously I was late to the party  :wave but it is epic.
It really massively sucks to have to wait a week between episodes.

625 episodes? Bloody hell. At 20 minutes per episode that's 12,500 minutes, 208 hours or 8.68 DAYS of viewing. Dedication +++.

Another (a kind of teen murder/ghost story: excellent art + story)

Another is probably the best anime I've seen in recent times as well. I think like most horror stories these days, the premise eventually unravels due to not having been carefully thought through in the first place. It’s very enjoyable for the most part though.

Does anyone know of an efficient, reliable way of selecting anime to watch, similar to what exists for music, TV and movies?

For example, Metacritic is a decent source to get a ballpark idea of whether a movie, or an album will be enjoyable. I can then find more in-depth information from a review by a trusted critic, and a trailer.

Does anime have a critics’ review aggregator? I don’t trust the ratings given by the fan community, because I find populist recommendations of anime works even less well than for movies (i.e. IMDb). Alternatively, if you have any anime critics you trust, that would be really useful as well. At the moment, I find that the most reliable, albeit inefficient way of finding something new to watch is via word of mouth.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #302 on: September 15, 2014, 03:17:49 am »
If you're tired of the same run-of-the-mill anime mechanics e.g impossibly stylish and skilled teenagers doing impossible earth shaking things for reasons of 'Because anime.', then maybe you need a break to check out some of the sketch-based genres:

Azumanga Daioh
Already mentioned during the infancy of this thread, this is one about the everyday life of a bunch of high school girls. Considered the grand daddy of sitcom-like anime, there is no storyline. Episodes are only vaguely related to one another mostly in terms of context with the background of passing seasons. Throughout the whole journey viewers are educated on some of the cultural nuances of the country of Japan as the months pass by until the day of graduation.

What could be more boring than that? I was just as skeptical of the glowing reviews at first until I got bored one day and decided to give it a spin - it is now one of my favourites of all time. People who like subtle humour and clever writing would find this very enjoyable. The transfer student nicknamed 'Osaka' from the eponymous city is one of the most popular 'heroine' in anime considering how unheroic and unspectacular she is.

Nichijou
A more recent incarnation of AD, follows the same formula of sketch-based sitcom where the episodes are vaguely if not unrelated to one another. High school girls again but with a little more silly humour compared to AD but still entertaining enough.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: September 15, 2014, 03:56:18 am »
625 episodes? Bloody hell. At 20 minutes per episode that's 12,500 minutes, 208 hours or 8.68 DAYS of viewing. Dedication +++.

It was worth every minute, too  :thumbup I haven't watched since episode 633 so I could build up a nice pile to binge on. I'm going to use it next semester in my Creative Writing class, so I will get to watch some of it all over again (the part on Alabasta with Vivi, which is one of the most emotionally satisfying bits of storytelling that I have ever seen).

I also look for recommendations on anime, but I've found that it is a really subjective thing, even moreso in a lot of ways than with books or films or TV shows, and word of mouth on them, at least for me, is almost as unreliable as professional reviews. Like I said above, I don't really care for mecha, so when I see one described as such, I'll normally swerve it. I just tend to watch one or two episodes based on the description and just see if it clicks with me. So many Japanese people told me about their love for "One Piece" that I knew it would be for me and I gave it plenty of time to latch onto me (and it took a good 20-30 episodes to do that) - but it is the exception, really. Some people I know who share most of my tastes love "Naruto," but when I tried to watch it, I couldn't tolerate the orange jumpsuit he was wearing and his smart-arsey tone  :P I'll probably re-visit it, and "Fairy Tail," or others that have had a long run, but I am looking forward to finding some good ones on my own too, as I did with "Another."

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: September 15, 2014, 07:56:02 am »
If you're tired of the same run-of-the-mill anime mechanics e.g impossibly stylish and skilled teenagers doing impossible earth shaking things for reasons of 'Because anime.', then maybe you need a break to check out some of the sketch-based genres:

Azumanga Daioh
Already mentioned during the infancy of this thread, this is one about the everyday life of a bunch of high school girls. Considered the grand daddy of sitcom-like anime, there is no storyline. Episodes are only vaguely related to one another mostly in terms of context with the background of passing seasons. Throughout the whole journey viewers are educated on some of the cultural nuances of the country of Japan as the months pass by until the day of graduation.

What could be more boring than that? I was just as skeptical of the glowing reviews at first until I got bored one day and decided to give it a spin - it is now one of my favourites of all time. People who like subtle humour and clever writing would find this very enjoyable. The transfer student nicknamed 'Osaka' from the eponymous city is one of the most popular 'heroine' in anime considering how unheroic and unspectacular she is.

Nichijou
A more recent incarnation of AD, follows the same formula of sketch-based sitcom where the episodes are vaguely if not unrelated to one another. High school girls again but with a little more silly humour compared to AD but still entertaining enough.

LOVE Azumanga Daioh. Definitely one of my favourites. Will check out this Nichijou if you say it's similar.

It was worth every minute, too  :thumbup I haven't watched since episode 633 so I could build up a nice pile to binge on. I'm going to use it next semester in my Creative Writing class, so I will get to watch some of it all over again (the part on Alabasta with Vivi, which is one of the most emotionally satisfying bits of storytelling that I have ever seen).

I also look for recommendations on anime, but I've found that it is a really subjective thing, even moreso in a lot of ways than with books or films or TV shows, and word of mouth on them, at least for me, is almost as unreliable as professional reviews. Like I said above, I don't really care for mecha, so when I see one described as such, I'll normally swerve it. I just tend to watch one or two episodes based on the description and just see if it clicks with me. So many Japanese people told me about their love for "One Piece" that I knew it would be for me and I gave it plenty of time to latch onto me (and it took a good 20-30 episodes to do that) - but it is the exception, really. Some people I know who share most of my tastes love "Naruto," but when I tried to watch it, I couldn't tolerate the orange jumpsuit he was wearing and his smart-arsey tone  :P I'll probably re-visit it, and "Fairy Tail," or others that have had a long run, but I am looking forward to finding some good ones on my own too, as I did with "Another."

It’s a return on investment thing. I really don’t have time to go and sample anime, and most of the times when I have, I’ve been disappointed (Another is an exception). I think the problem for me is I think I’ve lost patience with most of the genre tropes of a lot of anime. And anime is a very trope driven medium. It’s rare that something new and fresh redefines a genre – like the shounen fighting genre or the harem rom-com genre, and that’s understandable because those tropes are exactly what people pay (or in most cases, don’t pay) to see.

I guess what I’m looking for is quality according to more universal standards of storytelling. Grave of the Fireflies, or Castle of Cagliostro, or Azumanga Daioh or Cowboy Bebop… all of these pillars of anime excellence, are elevated but not confined by the medium. Not to sound like a wanker or anything ;D I accept that it’s all about opinions, but let’s face it, Dragonball GT just isn’t FLCL. Apples and oranges, yes, but one is a home to a family of fruit flies and the other is a fruit of the gods. ;D

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: September 15, 2014, 05:29:56 pm »
snip

Cap, have you watched "Attack on Titan"? That was the one I forgot to mention and it is EPIC. It is dead serious in its tone, but has plenty of action and mystery, mythology ... everything you could want in one. The problem is that the anime came out before the manga had gotten very far, so season 2 is on hold until there is more of the source material published. It's going to be like waiting for George R.R. Martin, but in the same way, it is well worth it.

Offline PROPER crazyemlyn72

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: September 15, 2014, 09:16:11 pm »
someone on ghibli tavern said ghibli might close down, due to miyazaki and takahata retiring and basically no one coming up behind. they are geniuses and not easily replaced i suppose. sad

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: September 16, 2014, 04:55:52 am »
someone on ghibli tavern said ghibli might close down, due to miyazaki and takahata retiring and basically no one coming up behind. they are geniuses and not easily replaced i suppose. sad

They're not closing down, they're just not making more movies.

And I think you're right when about it being due to Miyazaki and Takahata retiring. It's a studio whose content has largely been produced by those two, and rare (if ever?) produced anything memorable when it's not been them. Maybe Goro needs to go and work at a few other studios and pick up his game, but I doubt he's the answer. Replacing Miyazaki is basically impossible. Even if there's an animator with a comparable level of genius, you have to expect that his or her vision would be a significant departure from the Ghibli brand, and I'm not sure anyone would want that.

I've seen one episode, mate. I found it fairly intriguing, then I had other things on for a few weeks and forgot about picking it up. It does seem to be the one thing everyone harps on about though.

If you haven't seen it (unlikely), The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - the first season, was also very clever, as was Cromartie High School. I feel a bit silly saying it when I just had a rant about anime tropes last post, but it seems like the 3 most interesting and creative anime I've seen over the last few years have all been high school anime - Cromartie, TMHS and Another. A baseball anime I found fairly easy going, Cross Game, also has a high school setting.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 04:59:36 am by Redcap »

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: September 16, 2014, 05:30:48 am »
I don't get it, but I'm with it.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #309 on: September 16, 2014, 11:50:09 pm »
Aldnoah Zero has been brilliant!  It's kinda the fancier Gundam mechs with "magic" level technology called Aldnoah vs cannon fodder Patlabor-type mechs with one intelligent pilot on their side.  Nice soundtrack too.

But that and the other Summer anime are almost over.

The Fall season is almost upon us!

Looking forward to Log Horizon 2nd season, Psycho-Pass 2, Mushishi Zoku Shou 2014,
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: September 17, 2014, 06:38:24 am »
LOVE Azumanga Daioh. Definitely one of my favourites. Will check out this Nichijou if you say it's similar.
Not up to AD's standards but still entertaining enough.

There were shouts for My Lucky Star when I was surfing around looking for the same genre of anime - tried a few episodes of it, probably not my cup of tea.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 06:40:25 am by Ken-Obi »
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: October 24, 2014, 05:14:24 pm »
Finished 5 seasons of Hunter x Hunter that are available on netflix aswell as Gurren Lagann and kill la kill.  Really like all of them.  Gurren Lagann was immense.  From the first episode I would not have expected how big it goes! Kill la kill was good, animation was really good but a bit too fan service at times but shouldnt have expected any different for something so centred on clothing.  Hunter x Hunter again was awesome.  Only thing is I'm not a fan of the latest seasons story arc with the chimera ants.  The story arc is only half way through or so though and still want to finish it.  Anyone know where I can get the rest of the english dub/sub ones?

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #312 on: October 24, 2014, 07:56:46 pm »
:'(

A little Rafa or Suarez...at least we'll have the memories! :'(

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: October 25, 2014, 06:15:35 pm »
Finished 5 seasons of Hunter x Hunter that are available on netflix aswell as Gurren Lagann and kill la kill.  Really like all of them.  Gurren Lagann was immense.  From the first episode I would not have expected how big it goes! Kill la kill was good, animation was really good but a bit too fan service at times but shouldnt have expected any different for something so centred on clothing.  Hunter x Hunter again was awesome.  Only thing is I'm not a fan of the latest seasons story arc with the chimera ants.  The story arc is only half way through or so though and still want to finish it.  Anyone know where I can get the rest of the english dub/sub ones?

You could look here macca:

http://www.animesub.tv/anime-subbed-list/?key=H

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: October 25, 2014, 06:20:33 pm »
:missus

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: October 26, 2014, 08:04:54 am »
You could look here macca:

http://www.animesub.tv/anime-subbed-list/?key=H

Nice one ill have a look later today

:missus

All the ones ive watched are sub thankfully

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: November 25, 2014, 01:14:52 pm »
I wanted to take a punt on something in here and see if anyone had ideas.

Next semester, I am going to do a class period on anime in my Mass Com course. I don't have to go into tremendous depth, because I am basically still using this as a way to improve their English - but I would like to do something. I'd like to have them watch an anime film and then discuss it in class. The one I have seen that I am gravitating toward is "Akira" because I know a lot of themes I can use from that one that can get them talking. I'm wondering basically if anyone has any idea of other anime films I could use, not counting Studio Ghibli (which I am familiar with and am researching myself). My favourite anime film is "Ninja Scroll," but it's too intense for my purposes and doesn't necessarily have the themes I am looking for.

Cheers for anyone's input  :wave

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #317 on: November 25, 2014, 01:56:04 pm »
Snip
Perfect Blue
Tekkonkinkreet
Ghost in the Shell
Steamboy
Appleseed
Summerwars
Patlabor
Sword of a Stranger
Tokyo Godfathers
Fist of the North Star
Final Fantasy VII
Macross
Memories

(Just in case.....
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Grave of Fireflies
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
Howl's Moving Castle
My Neighbor Totoro
Porco Rosso
Castle in the Sky
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Kiki's Delivery Service
The Cat Returns
5 Centimeters Per Second
The Secret World of Arrietty
Ponyo
From up on Poppy Hill
Tales from Earthsea
The Wind Rises)

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: November 25, 2014, 03:06:46 pm »
Perfect Blue
Tekkonkinkreet
Ghost in the Shell
Steamboy
Appleseed
Summerwars
Patlabor
Sword of a Stranger
Tokyo Godfathers
Fist of the North Star
Final Fantasy VII
Macross
Memories

(Just in case.....
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Grave of Fireflies
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
Howl's Moving Castle
My Neighbor Totoro
Porco Rosso
Castle in the Sky
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Kiki's Delivery Service
The Cat Returns
5 Centimeters Per Second
The Secret World of Arrietty
Ponyo
From up on Poppy Hill
Tales from Earthsea
The Wind Rises)

Cheers mate, I appreciate it  :thumbup

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #319 on: November 25, 2014, 03:07:38 pm »
Making my way through the Hellsing OVA again and it's so delightfully... trashy.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.