Author Topic: Legion  (Read 15153 times)

Offline Blinis

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Legion
« Reply #40 on: March 9, 2017, 08:53:15 pm »
Tremendous.

I wouldn't advice any binge watching though :)
What do Fernando Hierro, Carles Puyol, Philipp Lahm, Andres Iniesta, Iker Casillas, Sergio Ramos and Jordan Henderson share in common?

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #41 on: March 9, 2017, 09:31:33 pm »
Something I was wondering about ep 5.

Spoiler
When she appears with the club with nails is it Nine inch nails that starts up?
[close]
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2017, 12:09:53 am »
What a show!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing like what I was expecting but sooooo interesting!

Really liking the way this is acted and directed but top marks for story development and screenplay. This is my favorite show on TV at the moment!

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2017, 10:28:10 am »
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2017, 10:32:02 am »
This very good.

Another good episode that went deep into David's character/past life, had its fair share of action and also the elements (series' visual style, the tripping it gives us, its content that is different to any other Marvel themed work) that makes it stand out.

Only thing I didn't appreciate though was it it went THAT close to give me photosensitive epilepsy.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2017, 08:00:16 pm »
Just one word WOW!!

Didn't think this week could possibly top last week's but it's come close. What a headtrip of a show, just keeps getting better and better. Reminds me of Stranger Things in that it's so unique and in it's own world and that it manages to pull off everything they do superbly.

Tremendous.

I wouldn't advice any binge watching though :)

I can't wait till it ends so I can binge watch it properly :P I know what you mean though, it's so intense.

I love that they lighten it up at points though - the Rainbow Connection bit was so funny.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2017, 08:05:18 pm »

I love that they lighten it up at points though - the Rainbow Connection bit was so funny.

When he was sat there cross legged with a banjo and hit those first cords I knew what was coming and had a bit smile on my face.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2017, 09:20:52 am »
Man alive, episode 5 was a mindblower! best yet....creepy, surreal and confusing but as always keeps you gripped throughout.....love the way this show is so uncompromising....it takes narrative risks, it bends the genre into next week and back again and never makes it easy for you - but the attitude is either get on board with the uber-weirdness or fck off - it's outstanding telly..........oh, and i think i might be in love with Rachel Keller...but that's probably not for now
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2017, 07:19:23 pm »
Best thing currently on TV. Ab-so-lutely fucking brilliant!

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2017, 08:04:45 pm »
I wonder if the song has any meaning?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/iF2pkQDyCy0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/iF2pkQDyCy0</a>

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2017, 09:59:37 pm »
I wonder if the song has any meaning?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/iF2pkQDyCy0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/iF2pkQDyCy0</a>

I think David was using the song as a way of preventing one of his other personalities from taking over. He retreats into his childhood, which is possibly why the fake boy and his old dog appear.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 10:01:26 pm by leftfooter »
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2017, 10:21:43 pm »
I think David was using the song as a way of preventing one of his other personalities from taking over. He retreats into his childhood, which is possibly why the fake boy and his old dog appear.

A great answer never thought of it that way.

Offline Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2017, 08:58:49 am »
He never had a dog though...
Every man has a dream

Some just can't be spoken of in polite company

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2017, 01:53:51 pm »
I thought he was just using the lyrics to speak to Syd without the other thing catching on.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2017, 11:22:34 pm »
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2017, 11:29:11 pm »
Just caught up on this, amazing so far. Was convinced in the first couple episodes that Sid didn't really love him but was just planted to get him on board at Summerland.

The dog is just another form of the devil with yellow eyes isn't he?
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada

Offline Blinis

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2017, 08:07:32 am »
Thought that last night's episode was a bit weaker, but I'm still looking forward to next week :)

Was it Lorde singing "Oh! You Pretty Things" at the end of the episode? Sounded like it was.
What do Fernando Hierro, Carles Puyol, Philipp Lahm, Andres Iniesta, Iker Casillas, Sergio Ramos and Jordan Henderson share in common?

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2017, 09:10:16 am »
Does Jean Smart (Melanie Bird) remind anyone else of Judi Dench? Can't get that resemblance out of my head since I watched Fargo!

I thought it was Kim Cattral for the whole first episode :lmao
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2017, 08:35:35 pm »
Very slow episode this week and felt a bit too random, it's hard to tell what the thing in David was trying to accomplish.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2017, 09:22:54 pm »
Well one thing you can say is, they don't mind talking a risk.

I guess the thing is trying to have more control of the environment its living/growing in because David was starting to break away from it.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 09:24:59 pm by Trada »

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2017, 09:16:12 pm »
Very slow episode this week and felt a bit too random, it's hard to tell what the thing in David was trying to accomplish.

Spoiler
Didn't it say that it was trying to make David happy so that he would be more pliable (I suppose that was what the whole episode was about) but that's clearly not working and it's getting frustrated (the who ant analogy) and so it's seems like it'll just try taking complete control of David instead. Syd seems like the only one who kind of understands what's happening but Lenny looks to have go to her too.
[close]

The episode didn't match the highs of the last couple of weeks but that's understandable, it was a different type of episode but it still had some interesting things going on and it nicely sets up what's going to happen in the last two.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2017, 01:52:26 pm »
I had very little idea what was going on in this episode, but was still riveted.

Aubrey Plaza dancing in a Bond-esque silhouette to the strains of Feelin' Good made me, well, feel good though.

This week's episode looks insane. Seems like we'll be getting a lot more answers too. 
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2017, 02:01:47 pm »
I had very little idea what was going on in this episode,

Not just me then. Phew.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2017, 09:00:15 pm »
The madness is starting to come together.

A totally stunning episode.

I love this series.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 11:19:36 pm by Trada »

Online Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2017, 11:28:11 pm »
What a brilliant episode that was. The sound editing and music was incredible.  The exposition with 'British' David was superbly done.

I'm guessing the cat's out of the bag regarding David's parentage now?
Spoiler
[close]

Jemaine Clement's Oliver is magnificent. The way he had a sip of the martini while being held at gunpoint was *Italian chef kissing fingers gesture*

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2017, 11:35:47 pm »
What a brilliant episode that was. The sound editing and music was incredible.  The exposition with 'British' David was superbly done.

I'm guessing the cat's out of the bag regarding David's parentage now?
Spoiler
[close]

Jemaine Clement's Oliver is magnificent. The way he had a sip of the martini while being held at gunpoint was *Italian chef kissing fingers gesture*

Spoiler
Did American David do an impression of Patrick Stewart at one point talking about his dad and imagining what he was like ?
[close]
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 11:39:29 pm by Trada »

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2017, 10:58:19 am »
Yes and somehow, magically and stupidly, missed that very part and had to watch it again now you mentioned it. Basically reveals who is his father.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2017, 11:24:59 am »
Easily the best thing on the TV right now. Can't believe it's almost over already!

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2017, 12:38:22 pm »
Awesome episode, somehow that Father thing totally passed me by, cool
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2017, 01:03:53 pm »
Absolutely absurd hour of television.

I loved every second. While this style wont work for most, if any other shows, I adore how bonkers it is and how far outside the norm they are pushing it and trusting the audience to "get it". Last episode was (slight spoilers for Ep6)
Spoiler
entirely inside Clockworks hospital, which wasnt real, just a projection inside David's head where the parasite had trapped them. Didnt explain it at all. Dumped you in there, and you had to figure out if it was real, if the characters had imagined all the things we've seen before, or if this was the false reality and they had to escape it. No hand holding, just "here you go".
[close]
They have such respect for the viewer and I love that about the show.

While ep 7 was exposition heavy, in a sense it needed to at some stage, not just for the viewers but because even the characters don't always know what the fuck is happening in it. They still did something fresh with any exposition, David creating a manifestation of his rational mind, thats British was a lovely touch. And even while doing an episode that in most shows would be filler before the finale, setting everything into place, circling the story back etc, they decide to go full experimental and throw in a black and white, silent film horror segment. Mental.

Aubrey Plaza is giving the performance of her life in this. She is astonishing.

Its one of the most refreshing, smart, visually brilliant new shows in years, and I cannot wait for the finale, and next season.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Online Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2017, 01:32:23 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TE_ZCytqFYM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/TE_ZCytqFYM</a>

This bit knocked Torville & Dean into a cocked hat. You will rise for the king.

Online Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2017, 06:24:13 pm »
Thought that last night's episode was a bit weaker, but I'm still looking forward to next week :)

Was it Lorde singing "Oh! You Pretty Things" at the end of the episode? Sounded like it was.

Missed this post.
Lisa Hannigan with an unreleased version, as far as i can tell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGgpQIDUnIA

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2017, 08:43:15 am »
Only just caught up with this, it's brilliant and one the most gripping seasons of a TV show I can remember.

Dan Stevens and Aubrey Plaza both producing excellent performances, shame that it's the season finale next week.

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2017, 12:30:28 pm »
As good a season of TV as its been that last episode really was something special.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2017, 01:24:39 am »
Loved the final episode totally off the wall it was always missing a bit of Pink Floyd.

I would go as far as saying a ground breaking series.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 01:26:36 am by Trada »

Online Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2017, 10:49:27 am »
What a stupendous series that was.  Really thought it was exceptionally well done.

I think the last episode was a bit more traditional, storytelling-wise, than the mad brilliance of last week's one - but then again, I don't think we'll see a better hour of TV this year than last week's with the Bolero sequence.

And then they drop that ending on us and I can't wait for Season 2 now.

The other thing this show demonstrated - 8 episodes is perfectly fine, in fact might be the ideal length for a Marvel show. Luke Cage and Daredevil S2 are such slogs to get through in comparison. 

Loved the final episode totally off the wall it was always missing a bit of Pink Floyd.

Yeah, I think with the Syd Barrett stuff it was only a mater of time before the Floyd appeared  :)
The music choice on this show has been superb. There was a brilliant Feist song during a fight sequence that was absolutely on point.

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2017, 11:10:12 am »
Really enjoyed that, tied everything up nicely and set up a different direction for next season. It would've been easy to make the show very complicated but they kept it relatively simple to focus on the style.

Did people watch the scene after the credits? Surprised no one has mentioned it.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2017, 11:47:04 am »
What a stupendous series that was.  Really thought it was exceptionally well done.

I think the last episode was a bit more traditional, storytelling-wise, than the mad brilliance of last week's one - but then again, I don't think we'll see a better hour of TV this year than last week's with the Bolero sequence.

And then they drop that ending on us and I can't wait for Season 2 now.

The other thing this show demonstrated - 8 episodes is perfectly fine, in fact might be the ideal length for a Marvel show. Luke Cage and Daredevil S2 are such slogs to get through in comparison. 

Yeah, I think with the Syd Barrett stuff it was only a mater of time before the Floyd appeared  :)
The music choice on this show has been superb. There was a brilliant Feist song during a fight sequence that was absolutely on point.

Spot on.

Well done to everyone involved in this series. Magnificent. Every episode was a little triumph, visually beautiful, stunningly shot and with an appropriate level of detail re. the characters with David always being the focus.

Last episode didn't deviate from that and was a great ending to a great 1st series.

Spoiler
Of course we didn't expect a final resolution to the whole Shadow King( that dewlap of his is something else) thing, matter was to get him out of David and once again nicely shot with Syd's sacrifice and the rest of them joining in.
[close]

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2017, 11:51:47 am »
Thought it was brilliant, season 2 is going to have to be something special to keep up the quality of it.

Beautifully stylistic, excellent acting throughout, interesting characters. One of the few series i can see myself rewatching