Author Topic: Champions League Semi-Finals: April 26th-27th  (Read 113248 times)

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
Re: Champions League Semi-Finals: April 26th-27th
« Reply #3800 on: April 28, 2011, 11:38:53 am »
Anyone see Xabi and Masch going at it in the first half during a Madrid corner? I wonder what they were saying..

Saw that myself and thought the same thing.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #3801 on: April 28, 2011, 11:40:29 am »
I don't think Twigg seriously thinks Liverpool fans will hope United win the CL after seeing last night's game, but imagine you were new to the sport and that was the first game of football you ever saw. What would you think?

Maybe something like: "Why is that little genius who's amazing with the ball playing in that c*nt pit?"

What in your imagination endears the 'neutral' to a club with a manager as arrogant and bullying and ranting as yours, with histrionic players like Nani, snides like Scholes and Rooney?

You said yourself - Barca were drawn down into the mire because of the nature of the fixture and they wrestled in the shit with the pig that is Mourinho. That doesn't absolve them morally for their shithouse displays, but the context is one of the most bitter and hateful rivalries in the entire world of sport, in the second highest stakes game imaginable between them (only the final itself would be bigger). What do you think a Champions League semi-final between the Reds and your lot would be like, especially when Ferguzon would take it down like Mourinho? Think about it.

Generally speaking, the 'neutral' realises the circumstances of the fixture made it a shithouse game. Messi, Xavi and Iniesta and Pep are admired for their talent and the game they play.

You'll give them a game, but 99% of the neutrals won't be rooting for you.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3802 on: April 28, 2011, 11:57:00 am »
Anybody what SBS's coverage of Madrid vs Barca?

The arguing by the studio hosts (forgot their names..) at half time was a joke.

It summed up the last 10 pages of thread actually...

Yeah I saw it.  was silly as anything.  And they had an ad before then calling them all 'football experts'  pfft .

Offline Livid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3803 on: April 28, 2011, 12:36:19 pm »
What in your imagination endears the 'neutral' to a club with a manager as arrogant and bullying and ranting as yours, with histrionic players like Nani, snides like Scholes and Rooney?

You said yourself - Barca were drawn down into the mire because of the nature of the fixture and they wrestled in the shit with the pig that is Mourinho. That doesn't absolve them morally for their shithouse displays, but the context is one of the most bitter and hateful rivalries in the entire world of sport, in the second highest stakes game imaginable between them (only the final itself would be bigger). What do you think a Champions League semi-final between the Reds and your lot would be like, especially when Ferguzon would take it down like Mourinho? Think about it.

Generally speaking, the 'neutral' realises the circumstances of the fixture made it a shithouse game. Messi, Xavi and Iniesta and Pep are admired for their talent and the game they play.

You'll give them a game, but 99% of the neutrals won't be rooting for you.

:D What the fuck?

At no point did I suggest anybody other than Man United fans would root for Man United. I don't care who else roots for who, and I imagine most Barcelona and Real Madrid fans feel the same even after lasts night's game. Do you give a fuck about what 'neutrals' think of Liverpool players?

I'm sure you can reel off 1001 rants about United like the one above but I was talking simply about the game last night. As for your point about context explaining the shithouse tactics on display, context applies to both teams' players. Not every player on the pitch acted like a c*nt, but a lot of them did and it's not all Mourinho's fault even though he is a horrible twat. United played Chelsea in a final and other than the Drogba sending off incident it was the football and the penalties people talked about after the game. Milan and Juventus also managed to play a CL final without it turning into a farce like last night.

I dunno what you're defending Barcelona's honour for, I'm well aware last night was an anomaly for them and have said as much in this thread. Real's tactics last night also only apply when they play against Barcelona. I was talking about the match yesterday and why the classicos have become so poisonous and childish recently. Anything else you're reading into my posts is from your lively imagination.
If it bothers you that much that your wife couldn't join the 'Coloured Society', I suggest you divorce your wife and marry a black woman.  Problem solved.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #3804 on: April 28, 2011, 12:38:40 pm »
On a side note, Messi's goal. Unbelievable, he reallly is a freak.

Average at best. Any pro should have score that....
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3805 on: April 28, 2011, 12:40:13 pm »
Probably already been posted but a few of you defending Alves last night need to have a word with yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2oRXFRl6QE

How anyone can support stuff like this is beyond me. He went off on a stretcher for that  :o

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #3806 on: April 28, 2011, 12:43:33 pm »
Anything else you're reading into my posts is from your lively imagination.

Oh, so now a lively imagination is something to be ashamed of?

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline TheDpoLenz without the please like

• Loves to cream himself - but never on the face... cainarbatonmai
  • Legacy Fan
  • sound,,,,,,
« Reply #3807 on: April 28, 2011, 12:49:40 pm »
Average at best. Any pro should have score that....

have to agree mate..fucking shocking defending
how can you let the little shyt run pass you like that
he is only a midget

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3808 on: April 28, 2011, 12:50:39 pm »
can we not all just agree that both teams are full of absolute c*nts? and one team is managed by one

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3809 on: April 28, 2011, 12:55:49 pm »
Or a United player kicking the ball at some fans on purpose.

How about Cantona literally kicking a fan?

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3810 on: April 28, 2011, 12:59:30 pm »
can we not all just agree that both teams are full of absolute c*nts? and one team is managed by one
I'd go along with that, especially after last night. Do prefer Barca though, not only because of their manager who I loved watching when he was a player, but also their style of play, and of course Messi, so they are definately the lesser of two evils in my opinon. Also think they are a greater threat in the final, so I really hope Madrid don't turn this around.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3811 on: April 28, 2011, 01:06:50 pm »
Because if they play you, they'll be playing the biggest c*nts on earth.

:lmao :lmao :lmao ...
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3812 on: April 28, 2011, 01:36:49 pm »
I'm sorry but if you can say "the vast majority of unsavoury incidents last night came from Real" then you're just not being objective.

There were numerous times when they flung themselves to ground holding their head or rolling around. I bet you can't find a video of a United player going down clutching his face when he'd been hit somewhere else.

I also bet you can't find an incident of United surrounding the ref with all 11 players including the keeper after such a relatively nothing incident.

Or a video of Mr Alex Ferguson swearing before a game like Pep did.

Or a United player kicking the ball at some fans on purpose.

And it'd be impossible to find videos of that happening over 2 legs. Yesterday was EVERYTHING what was wrong with football. It was a horror show of how I'd hate football to become.

Indeed.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3814 on: April 28, 2011, 01:45:08 pm »

:lmao

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3815 on: April 28, 2011, 01:46:17 pm »

:lmao

not really the "defending from the front" type of player, is he?  ;D

Offline tea_tree

• oily and antiseptic.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #3816 on: April 28, 2011, 02:00:07 pm »
Probably already been posted but a few of you defending Alves last night need to have a word with yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2oRXFRl6QE

How anyone can support stuff like this is beyond me. He went off on a stretcher for that  :o

This line of reasoning is completely bizarre. So you expected Alves to leave his leg in there so that Pepe (with his high foot and studs showing) could connect in order for it to be classed as a red card offence? What would have been the outcome for Alves' foot then? Ridiculous
"At Liverpool I have never pulled back, I also went to war together with my fans"

Rafa Benitez

Offline bakstabba

• Lord, what fools these mortals be!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3817 on: April 28, 2011, 02:01:06 pm »
That gif is hypnotic :D
Socrates did have a habit of polarising opinion, as does Lucas. Lucas is also good at hemming opponents in and locking them into difficult situations.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3818 on: April 28, 2011, 02:03:53 pm »
And you know afterwards the barca backline must have had a chuckle about it.

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3819 on: April 28, 2011, 02:09:35 pm »
How about Cantona literally kicking a fan?
Ferdinand kicked a ball directly at a poor old lady too.

Offline bakstabba

• Lord, what fools these mortals be!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3820 on: April 28, 2011, 02:10:28 pm »
The 2nd leg will be much much worse. Real will go from kicking Barca to breaking legs because they know they've got no chance. Barca will be diving at every opportunity to try and get somebody (probably quite rightfully) sent off
Socrates did have a habit of polarising opinion, as does Lucas. Lucas is also good at hemming opponents in and locking them into difficult situations.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #3821 on: April 28, 2011, 02:13:00 pm »
Tony Pullis on sky poo pooing last nights game. You're right To'e, spot on, ironic as well, but spot on. And a UEFA official stating how good the game was!

The world has gone mad.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3822 on: April 28, 2011, 02:15:03 pm »
This line of reasoning is completely bizarre. So you expected Alves to leave his leg in there so that Pepe (with his high foot and studs showing) could connect in order for it to be classed as a red card offence? What would have been the outcome for Alves' foot then? Ridiculous
Of course he shouldn't leave his foot in there, but why fake injury and throw himself to the ground like that? And why on earth did he need a strecher when leaving the pitch? I still think it's a red card by the way, but Alves is a twat for acting like he'd been shot too.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3823 on: April 28, 2011, 03:23:21 pm »
The 2nd leg will be much much worse. Real will go from kicking Barca to breaking legs because they know they've got no chance. Barca will be diving at every opportunity to try and get somebody (probably quite rightfully) sent off

Or both teams and players finally show some dignity...
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #3824 on: April 28, 2011, 03:46:17 pm »
Indeed.

I'm sure Twigg will come back and say that's only five players surrounding the ref.  He specifically said eleven, so that's different, you see.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3825 on: April 28, 2011, 03:55:23 pm »
I'm sure Twigg will come back and say that's only five players surrounding the ref.  He specifically said eleven, so that's different, you see.

True, united don't kick the ball straight at supporters either.
They do however love fly kicking them in the chest though

Offline tea_tree

• oily and antiseptic.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #3826 on: April 28, 2011, 03:56:54 pm »
Of course he shouldn't leave his foot in there, but why fake injury and throw himself to the ground like that? And why on earth did he need a strecher when leaving the pitch? I still think it's a red card by the way, but Alves is a twat for acting like he'd been shot too.

I understand why he did it. At the end of the day if the referees are not honest in interpreting the rules of the game so that players can be protected from such dangerous challenges, why would the players be expected to be honest when they are getting no protection from the referees? In an ideal world he wouldn't need the theatrics for the foul to be punished but we don't live in an ideal world
"At Liverpool I have never pulled back, I also went to war together with my fans"

Rafa Benitez

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #3827 on: April 28, 2011, 03:59:14 pm »

Nah, I think Real were fair game for these kind of antics last night.

Mourinho set up his team to kick Barca off the park, Barca took advantage by using it as an excuse to dive around. If Real hadn't adopted such shithouse tactics then I'm sure Barca wouldn't have resorted to such shithouse tactics.

Offline Sinead7

• Many hands make brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our revenge will be the laughter of our children
« Reply #3828 on: April 28, 2011, 04:00:05 pm »
From Redcafe:

If we can stop them from playing a passing game. and cancel out messi, i beleive it would in fact be barca the underdogs. cancle messi out by playing scholes in a holding role in front of vida and rio.

After that disgusting game I don't even want us to play the final, they can have it. They seem to enjoy cheated, hollow victories.

Trapps Army 2012

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #3829 on: April 28, 2011, 04:03:55 pm »
From Redcafe:

Scholes in a holding role, marking Messi :lmao He'd be sent off after two minutes.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3830 on: April 28, 2011, 04:05:42 pm »

Technically it's a red card and anyone who's saying there wasn't any contact, so it isn't a red is missing the point and should play something more than computer football. On the pitch players get sent off often for dangerous challenges while making minimal or no contact at all, it's the type, and especially angle of the challenge that's taken into account rather than contact. I found it weird that whether the player made contact was made an issue at all in the thread but I didn't want to post in the sense that these kinds of things are educational, it sorts out the fellas who know their stuff and those who don't.

Alves milked it for all it's worth, but I think there's an element of pragmatism to it. Now technically that challenge deserved a red, but sometimes I've seen them just give yellows (I think Pienaar on Masch was similar last season).

Did Alves doing what he did helped improve the chances of a red? Maybe it did, maybe it didn't, but doing it wouldn't have cost Alves in terms of getting booked for playacting as the challenge from Pepe was a clear foul. So he did it.

Like many, I think it's a pathetic thing to do, but it's the mentality these days. Gone are the days when exhibiting weakness / getting told by your coaches that even if you're hit, don't exhibit weaknesss as your opponents will target you. Swung over too far to the other side now.

Online King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3831 on: April 28, 2011, 04:14:41 pm »
From Redcafe:

I can see them using Jose's tactics of putting the extra CB in midfield.

Something like this:

Back 5
Giggs Smalling Park

Valencia  Hernandez  Rooney

Or put Vidic in the midfield as the Messi hatchet man

Offline mildale

• Mildly Jealous of a custom title
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3832 on: April 28, 2011, 04:16:25 pm »
I can see them using Jose's tactics of putting the extra CB in midfield.

Something like this:

Back 5
Giggs Smalling Park

Valencia  Hernandez  Rooney

Or put Vidic in the midfield as the Messi hatchet man
John O'Shea can play midfield. Messi against O'Shea would be a dream come true.
www.twitter.com/mildale89

Oh and dont use Mars bars as sex tools. Took me ages to get it all out.

Online King_doggerel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3833 on: April 28, 2011, 04:18:14 pm »
John O'Shea can play midfield. Messi against O'Shea would be a dream come true.

They really missed fletcher in 2009 apparently. Maybe they can use him this time.

Either way it will be a horrible midfield.

Online Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #3834 on: April 28, 2011, 04:18:17 pm »
I reckon they'd go

Vds

O'Shea      Ferdinand           Vidic            Evra

Fletcher    Carrick    Giggs
                       Valencia                                           Park Ji Sung
                                                     Rooney
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Online King_doggerel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3835 on: April 28, 2011, 04:25:04 pm »
I reckon they'd go

Vds

O'Shea      Ferdinand           Vidic            Evra

Fletcher    Carrick    Giggs
                       Valencia                                           Park Ji Sung
                                                     Rooney

Can't really argue with that to be honest, though Fletcher has been pretty much MIA all season. He would need to have the game of his life there.

Offline AnotherSpanishfan

• The Human Babelfish
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3836 on: April 28, 2011, 04:25:57 pm »
This is why i'm not too arsed about Alves milking Pepe's challenge.  Just minutes before it:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JijkKt9qlL4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JijkKt9qlL4</a>

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3837 on: April 28, 2011, 04:27:41 pm »
Oliver Kay
OliverKayTimes Oliver Kay
Breaking: Uefa open disciplinary cases against Barcelona and Real Madrid, including "inappropriate" statement by Mourinho\

Uefa case against Barcelona relates to sub keeper Pinto's red card. Case against Real includes Pepe red, Mourinho dismissal, Mourinho comments, throwing of missiles and a pitch invasion
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 04:31:20 pm by Chakan »

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #3838 on: April 28, 2011, 04:28:31 pm »
They have to play with a 3 in midfield. If they go for a 2-man midfield with Carrick being one of them, they're screwed. I guess this means Hernandez will be on the bench.

It bothers me that the game will be at Wembley so it's more of a home game for United.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #3839 on: April 28, 2011, 04:30:29 pm »
I reckon they'd go....

A  Rat

Peter Kay             Howard the duck   Joey Deacon         Arnold Jackson

Gordon Johns Sinclair    Baldrick    Imogen Thomas

Grange Hills Benny                                                     Remi Moses

Sloth Fratelli.

Subs - The Ref
           The Linesman
           The Other linesman
           The Fourth Official
           Brian Woolnough

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family